Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 534946 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5400 on: June 14, 2024, 10:19:54 PM »

Lani- Glad your breathing is better, and hope you are feeling a lil better tonight.     Hope Wyatt will be able to get stronger and feel better.  So sad about his Mom  :(   Great update on the Bears!

Clynn- Good luck in trying to clear out some stuff from your ebay room! Hopefully Ed won't come looking for you! Lol! ;)

Kb- Cute black footed Albatross!   Love the DNR pic.

LisaG- Yes!

Phyl- Cute caption of Dina! ;D

Karen- Great news that Piper is perfect!!

Tig- Take care doing all that yard work!    Yum! Wings for you and pizza for Camper!

Tsk- Bet you won't miss the Cicadas when they finally go away! ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5401 on: June 15, 2024, 01:04:08 AM »

Clynn, We've driven on Million Dollar Road years ago. Beautiful drive.... I just love looking at Iris and her beautiful baby. Dad Finn has done a wonderful job of providing fish, crib rails and love. He reminds me of Stanley. Eagle-Duck would be proud.  :-* ... Clynn, I was scared for myself too. I've never had that terrible vice grip feeling on my throat/chest. I have a great walking buddy... Looking forward to pics of the Milkweed garden.... Ebay room sounds like a big project.

Kb, sweet looking black footed albatross.... so glad for the DNR Eagle family.  ;D

Lisa, On the Decorah thread, that's a great pic of HM in the bluffs. Is that where their new nest is located?... glad Brien is doing well.  :)

{{{Karen and Piper}}} YAY Piper!!!  :-* ... you have a busy day planned, don't over do... I pray the heel lifts help...

Tig, sorry about Camper's friend.... sorry about the game.

Phyl, I hope your sweet BBs are keeping cool these warm days.

Tsk, glad to hear so far all seems to be okay at Barb's Naples condo. Are the neighbors full timers?

Baz, delicious birthday cake for Camper.

Hi Eagles   :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5402 on: June 15, 2024, 06:06:06 AM »

NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY DAY
June 15 is Nature Photography Day as a day nature lovers and photographers capture the breath-taking beauty all around us and encourage others to see the wonders of our natural Earth. Join us and the North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA), along with millions of photographers and photography lovers, as we share our appreciation of nature through photography.    

Whether they take photos of wildlife, landscapes, or both, they do so with a sense of awe. It's in the spirit of preservation of these wonders that NANPA created the celebration. Every image that inspires us to care for our surroundings and preserve them for future generations celebrates the day.

https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-day/nature-photography-day-june-15

WORLD MARTINI DAY

World Martini Day falls on the third Saturday in June each year. Around the world martini lover's are shaking up their gin to enjoy this unique beverage with a twist. Join us as we learn a few facts about the martini and help you understand why we raise a glass to this summertime beverage holiday.

#WorldMartiniDay
The Martini has grown to become one of the best-known mixed drinks for adults. A traditional or perfect Martini is made with equal parts gin and vermouth. For anyone who has never had a Martini, we have a list of terms to help get you started.

https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-day/world-martini-day-third-saturday-in-june

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 06:12:46 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5403 on: June 15, 2024, 06:09:48 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !

Currently: 74F  sunny , High  93F   sunny,  with  Low 69F

T40- 'Hi there." hope all's well

TIG  guess the Celtics game was a bust?   :-\

LANI- last night's black Lab has such soulful eyes; if it's more than 'warm' (over 80F) mom BB won't sit very much. Not
much need as Nature is doing the job.

Bazi  not much of Camper's cake to go 'round. :(

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5404 on: June 15, 2024, 06:21:53 AM »

For got the caption on this popular poster.

'Cat and Mouse'
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 02:13:03 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5405 on: June 15, 2024, 06:23:05 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL   Thanks for Flag Day reminder.  Those naughty kitties in that gif  LOL    " Star Trek sofa"   ;D ;D

KAREN  Heel lift is a good idea.  Hope it works but may not immediately as it has been so long that you have been used to it the way it is..

LANI   Their complex in Naples is small and a few people live there year round who Barb keeps in touch with.  They have a very good caretaker also who looks in on their unit and has keys to the cars if they need to be moved.  Look at the beautiful eyes on that good night pup.  :)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5406 on: June 15, 2024, 07:05:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, 68 here, high 85 today. Rain coming around 9:00. Love the cat escape picture, Harley knows how to open the slider to the deck to get out! I had a martini once, then went back to my rum & coke!

Lani, I just checked Hellgate, Iris is telling Finn to go get breakfast! It's nice to hear her yakking! I know how you felt yesterday morning when you didn't feel right, things can happen in an instant. So glad you feel back to normal.  Back when we lived in New Mexico or Arizona we went to the Grandparents in Bone Gap every summer. Dad drove and we camped along the way, and occasionally stopped at magical places along the way. I'll have to ask Mom if we were ever on the Million Dollar Road. I do remember some scary roads going through Colorado! Thanks for the Bear update, glad to hear the bears are going to get some good PR! And thanks for the Sloth news, lots of patients!

E4E, I have been making good progress on the eBay project, going through every shelf and either listing it or getting rid of it! I have about 50 containers of beads from Kay's house, haven't quite figured out how I want to do those... Stuff is selling!

karen, I do hope the heel lift helps! Sometimes it's the simplest things!

tsk, I think we will be in the market for a new storm door soon, I am going to check into the screen on the top! Ours is a full glass/screen. You have to actually take the whole thing out and put the other in. We have never taken the glass out and I am not sure where the screen is! We are supposed ro be getting some rain soon, but it looks like it won't reach you this time... I can tell that you will be celebrating the exit of the cicadas. I haven't seen any here...

Rock Chasing - Imagine stumbling across this massive driftwood on the beach!
Photographer Philip Lacham encountered a giant western red cedar, 200 feet long and 13 feet around, washed up on Washington's La Push beach. This massive tree likely traveled from Olympic National Park, driven ashore by strong gales and high tides.
La Push's coastline, part of a million-acre park, frequently sees such impressive natural driftwood. The sheer size of these trees dwarfs anyone standing beside them, offering a unique beach experience.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #5407 on: June 15, 2024, 08:01:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Caturday!

Lani - Thanks for the Sloth and bear study update.  The bluffs that I mentioned in the pic in the DE thread, that is upstream from N1.  There is a tree around the curve in the creek that they like to perch in.  I captured pictures of them there, when I was at ATF 2 yrs ago. It still seems to be a favorite spot of theirs.

Phyl - Thanks for the links.

tsk - I hope your watermelon was nice and sweet.  Glad to hear that Tim will be getting his 2nd injection.  I hope it helps him. Glad to hear that Barb's car and carport are ok with all that rain in FL. Love the pics of Lulu!

baz - Waving to ya!  Hope all if good with you.

Puff - Oh no...do you need a "I Survived the Cicada Invasion" tshirt, too?  :D

tig - Pizza and wings souns good for dinner.

karen - I hope the heel works for you, so you can be rid of the back pain.   :-*

clynn - Love your morning Caturday pics!  Wow, that driftwood!

kb
- Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #5408 on: June 15, 2024, 08:35:56 AM »

A cheetah and her cheetos...

tsk - I seem to remember that the east and west coasts of Florida are different in their ability to not flood with stalled rain systems?...in other words, is it true that Miami and vicinity floods often somehow connected to it's lay out or is it at or below sea level or something else....I read about it once but awhile ago.
In other words I think the west coast of FL is safer from flooding than the other coast?
Do you know?

Been a month of home emergencies, LOL...kitchen sink drain yesterday for one...when it rains it pours. Had a cool plumber unclog it and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it could be.

LOL, and that's all it's going to do every day next week supposedly.
I have my driveway sealing job scheduled for Monday. they better not try to sneak the job in early before it rains tomorrow...I'll question that one if they try for sure.

Lani - whew, sure happy to hear you are feeling better....we could sure share some of our rain with ya, if I had anything to do with it. :)

Heading out now before the rain starts here soon once again.

Had a transformer explosion across the street earlier. Sure sounded like who knows what? and all the cars in the parking lot alarms went off simultaneously..fun fun. I am not on their grid.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5409 on: June 15, 2024, 10:01:45 AM »

CLYNN   Love the morning cats  ;D   Driftwood - What a story!!

KB   Cheetahs and cheetos  LOL  Have no idea about the flooding east vs west coasts.  I do know tho that Naples was listed in the cities with the worst flooding this time.  I forget the other cities.  Counties are Broward, Collier, Lee Miami Dade and Sarasota.  Miami is at the worst risk of flooding.   Transformer explosion - Yikes.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5410 on: June 15, 2024, 11:02:37 AM »

some bounce

I made it to the yard waste site earlier, before the rain. I hate going there in the mud.
Resting now, watching golf, cooking some ground beef.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #5411 on: June 15, 2024, 11:44:11 AM »

tsk - I just googled why Miami floods...Basically there are only impervious surfaces in the 7 sq miles. and it's very dense. No where for the rain to runoff like into wetlands or large open spaces. 456,00 people or so live in that small area.

Naples however is 12 sq miles with around 19,000 people.

That's the reason Miami always seems to flood....

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5412 on: June 15, 2024, 12:18:21 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, Barb/Tom must feel comfortable when they leave their winter home and know they have a great caretaker.... Mike's parents had a winter home in Kaanapali, Maui for years, and had a great HOA to watch over it when they returned to Kansas.... awww, fun pic of Lulu/Tim. She's being very serious and watchful of Tim.  ;D

Phyl, glad to know all is well with the BBs.... I'll tell Mike it's World Martini Day!  ;D. "Exhale - Inhale" "Klingons!" ;D

Clynn, cute Caturday posts.... Yes, I love hearing Iris's chirps. LOL! Finn does a great job bringing in a whale size fish to his family.  :-* .. we have a patio screen door that needs the screen replaced. Norman is terrible about climbing on it.  :-\

Lisa, I love your Decorah pics.

Kb, Sweet Cheetah family...Transformer explosion! oh no!!  :o .... enjoy your walk with Ollie.  ;D

Hi Tig, Puff, Eagles

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #5413 on: June 15, 2024, 12:26:46 PM »

Cheetos - LOL

Agreed   ;D

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #5414 on: June 15, 2024, 02:04:14 PM »

kb -that is hilarious...Cheetah and her Cheetos!   ;D ;D

tig - What are you making with your ground beef?

Lani - Thank you  :-* Sweet kitty for Caturday!