Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 532408 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4845 on: May 26, 2024, 08:37:14 AM »

Just got the paper and the rain in that order tsk

P

kbshcb

« Reply #4846 on: May 26, 2024, 08:47:58 AM »

Looks like it might be a little chilly up there, tig? - chilly enough to see your melody/song....LOL

Had a new? sewer clean out guy already this am...using a water jet...in the past they've used an auger. This seems a way it might actually clear paint/grease etc. that might be lining the pipe better? We shall see.

As you all know, I got the 90 degree broken angle of my pipe repaired last year. Which is past the "dip"/"pool" area, which was not repaired. Insurance wouldn't pay for that as it wasn't broken and added cost outside of my policy cap..

Furthermore someone laid concrete over that part of the pipe which is the floor of Scott's shop. Ultimate fix will be to jack hammer the floor and completely straighten that part of the pipe...about 15 feet. But, mucho bucks.

I was hoping that the 90 degree angle part repaired might solve the problem. Nope, 10 months later here we are.

Was told by many the city itself laid these pipes and intentionally created that pool..well, you know tp will drop in the pool and clog it...dumb idea that is supposedly in most of our homes built in the mid to late 50's.

Had planned to walk Ollie and mow the back yard today, but well tig..it looks like it is or is going to rain shortly.

LisaG1967

« Reply #4847 on: May 26, 2024, 10:00:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Glad to hear you and Camper made it cabin safely.  Enjoy your time away!

Phyl - Love your big cats pic from last night.  I have never had luck planting azaleas here either.  Thanks for pics of the birds! 

Lani - Glad to hear Mike is good.  Love the good night pic. 

clynn - Noo, Phillipina does not look like a happy camper. Love your two piece of artwork from the munchkins!

tsk, karen, kb, Puff - Morning  :)

Off to the store, catch up later!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4848 on: May 26, 2024, 10:31:11 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Love the beautiful treasured gifts the munchkins gave you. The Eagle is majestic and the Gnome is adorable. I want one. LOL!!  :-*. ... very interesting history on Niagara Falls.

Tsk, I hope the monarch eggs are viable.

Phyl, awww beautiful baby Bluebirds  :-* ... happy for you that Jim is doing well.

Lisa, we need to make a trip to the store too, and Home Depot this morning. We need to leave before Sunday traffic from the valley and east of New Mexico hits our area at noon.

Hi Puff, Tig, Eagles, Karen, Oldguy, Baz, enjoy the day!  :)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 10:34:05 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4849 on: May 26, 2024, 11:23:15 AM »

Pouring here since 9:30  Nice heavy rain with thunder in the distance.

TIG    I hope some walking around will oil up those joints???

PUFF  Yay - Saved your paper and the crossword...

KB  Cool shot with the melody breaths  :)

LISA  Cheery AM pic on our dreary day.

LANI   I think those are little violas?  Love them.  Oh No  a renegade postulant!  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

ssrl

« Reply #4850 on: May 26, 2024, 11:31:34 AM »

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  I had a good day taking care of my new bionic knee.  Icing, elevating every 30 minutes (24/7) and home PT 3 times a day.  I would rather be in the garden enjoying this beautiful summer but that will happen soon.  Hope you all have a good rest of the Memorial Day weekend.   :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4851 on: May 26, 2024, 11:52:19 AM »

Phyl - Phillipina looks like someone you don't want to mess with...LOL

baz - Love all the pics of the greats!  Baby Bro...is not so baby anymore!

tsk - Sounds like you did a great job with the cactus.

tig - Hope you all had some repellent to use.

Good night, everyone!

Lisa, Baby Bro will turn 3 yrs old this August! He's a growing boy - a well-fed one!! LOL!  :D :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4852 on: May 26, 2024, 11:57:31 AM »

bounce

Made it here safely. Skeeters not too bad at the cabin, yet.
Guess what? I got a refresher course on the pontoon and he pointed out the new ELECTRIC WINCH for the anchor. YAY!!! My back and arms are so happy...

Mostly unpacked. Time to put the feet up while Camper does some exploring.

SED

Tig, that's great! Well, you know what they say... Anchors aweigh!! Have fun!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4853 on: May 26, 2024, 12:01:40 PM »

Spent a couple hours noodling around. Caught a small northern but I let him get himself off the hook.  ;D
Camper met me at the dock ( the cabin neighbor made sure I got away from the dock this a.m.). Lunchtime. Nap time while Camper hunts for photos.
Tnx. KB
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #4854 on: May 26, 2024, 12:19:52 PM »

BAZI  Didn't know that about starting a new Xmas cactus if frond falls off.  I thought I would have a lot that I inadvertently broke but not so.  :D    LOLOLOL  " Carbon dating"   ;D ;D ;D   " Tap your card"  LOLOL     And a fun time was had by all kindergartners .  Lil Bro looks chilly in that 3rd pic  :-*   Nice pics of the other sets of twin greats.  That view is breathtaking.

PHYL  Cheetah cam  :o :o

TIG  Enjoy your relaxation!

TSK, Baby Bro does look cold in that pic, but I think maybe just his lips were cold from the frozen popscicle, because it was 86 degrees at 3pm that afternoon there!! So I don't think they were cold.  :D  My neighbor had a shallow dish of soil by her front door the other day with several of the cactus pieces from her Xmas cactus stuck in the dirt to start rooting. Only one section was above the dirt for each starter plant, but I don't know what was below the soil surface - maybe another whole section, or maybe she had half a section in the dirt with 1 section attached above? I don't know what her procedure is, but her Xmas cacti always look great!

baziunc

« Reply #4855 on: May 26, 2024, 12:34:37 PM »

Phyl, the kids stopped by yesterday to bring me my birthday present, they told me it wasn't ready on my birthday. They each made me a gift at a place called Glazed Expressions. It's a place where you can paint ceramic items and have them glazed. They were both so proud of their work, especially Talon! He painted the eagle, Bella painted the gnome. My, the baby bluebirds have grown! This is the second batch, right?  And it's fledge watch already? Jim is a trooper, for sure. I hope he is taking lots of breaks!  Ed works for half an hour and takes a 2 hour break!  ::) ::)

Clynn, Talon and Bella made great birthday presents for you!! They did a great job. They are new family treasures now.  :) :-*

baziunc

« Reply #4856 on: May 26, 2024, 01:06:44 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I didn't walk yesterday, but I walked 34 minutes this morning - got out early today before the heat of the day hit.

It got to 93 here yesterday, with even higher "feels like" temps, due to the heat index. I was hoping for the forecasted afternoon thunderstorms to cool things down yesterday. I got the thunder, but not the rain... LOL... Nearby areas of town, just to my north, and just to my south, like really close by, got between 1.5 and 2 inches of rain or more, and I didn't even get enough to wet the sidewalk - just a few drops here and there, which evaporated as soon as they hit... the meaning of "scattered thunderstorms." LOL. Today, it's not as hot, but will be in the upper 80s, so plenty warm. No rain in my forecast for quite a few days now.

I'm getting ready to make some late lunch, and then enjoy some cold seedless watermelon... it has the very little white seeds, so it isn't completely seedless, but they are not really noticeable... and this watermelon turned out to be very sweet... from Florida. Yum, I hadn't eaten any watermelon in at least a year, maybe two!  :D

Karen, where are you? I hope you didn't do too much yesterday and that you and Piper are having a good day. You had quite a "To Do" list yesterday! And I'm sure your temps were even warmer yesterday than mine were! I hope you and Piper are enjoying relaxing in the cool today!
  :)

Later, Gators!  :D

LisaG1967

« Reply #4857 on: May 26, 2024, 03:04:52 PM »

Lani - Hope you beat the traffic to the valley.  Pretty morning flowers. 

tsk - Thanks  :)  I was looking at radar, and geesh it does not look good coming across.  Hope you are safe, and other Beakers, too!

ssrl - Glad you had a nice birthday, take care of that knee!

baz - Baby Bro sure looks well-fed!   ;D  He is the cutest! They keep saying rain for us too, but not a drop here, yet.

tig - Sounds like you are having a good time.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4858 on: May 26, 2024, 03:57:18 PM »

SSRL  WOW  Home PT  3x's/day.  You must not have had a hospital stay.  Good luck!!

BAZI   Thanks for the additional tips on Xmas cactus.

We got lucky today - Rain from about 9 AM til maybe about 1:30?     1" in the gauge.  ;D
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #4859 on: May 26, 2024, 04:31:43 PM »

Good afternoon! 
Baz, my chore list is for the weekend!  Did a part of it yesterday, a few light things today.  Some of what I have will wait  for  Tuesday and  Wednesday when I have help!  Do, not wNt to fall if I am here alone!   Did some laundry, put a flag out, read the news and the beak and checked the weather!   Filled the hummer  feeders, Not anything exciting!
Read the tornado’s   And storms are the  result of  extreme heat in Mexico and the .gulf  ant the  cold in the  northwest.   I am not looking forward to hurricane season as the hotter the Gulf, the worse it is!
Have had  thunder storm warnings But so far  they have moved on just to our north!
Clynn, just a thoughtful and  beautiful present  from
Talon and Bella!  Very  well done
Tsk, I have only seen Phyls plants as trees as well!  Phyl.Hope Him is taking frequent breaks!
Tig, what did you mean by saying you were sleeping well now that you were in a regular bed?

Tsk, nice rain!