Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 503289 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4875 on: May 27, 2024, 07:22:39 AM »

CLYNN  Nice that you met up with NR.  Guess she did not find a new place to move to?  Yard waste collection is included in our taxes and picked up every week.  Huge branches require a special pick-up.   Stroller ride?  Pics?  I bookmarked that cactus link.  In case my transplanting did not go well I have the option of starting a new one - less heavy  LOL     Finn is the best mate EVER.  What a wonderful collage.  Love looking at each pic whenever you post it.  Thanks so much for keeping this for our memories.

BL  What an honor to have your great great grandfather's flag.

LANI    From the crazy traffic you can return to the solitude of your forest  :-*

TIG   LOL  OH no depth finder light on, ::)  You've never seen a cicada???

PHYL  Lots on your plate.  What's the issue with Maggie?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4876 on: May 27, 2024, 08:44:56 AM »

tsk, I will get a picture of Sam and Sophie in the stroller today! My plan is to walk the paved path around the park every day, I hope it's not closed off because they are replacing all of the play equipment! I need a shopping cart or a stroller, somehow my hips don't bother me if I have something to push!

Phyl, yes, I am concerned too, what's up with Maggie? And why are you taking down five trees? Are they diseased or just junk volunteers that make a mess?  And what's up with your Dr, appts? (Gee whiz, I am nosey... sorry, you don't have to answer anything you don't want to!) Kelsey wants brats on the grill today, I may make some potato salad and some deviled eggs, seems traditional! 

Look at this tee shirt that popped up on FB:

Albion Courthouse decorated for Memorial Day, my home town! A flag for every vet from the county!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4877 on: May 27, 2024, 08:51:04 AM »

not much bounce
So glad it is raining... = rest day

TSK / all ... Periodical cicada do not occur in MN. We have an annual, but it is found mostly in heavily wooded areas. I may have seen one but not known what it was? http://www.minnesotaseasons.com/Insects/dog_day_cicada

Thanx, Clynn... remembering, not happy, but glad for his service

BBL

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #4878 on: May 27, 2024, 08:52:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Glad to hear you are waiting for the help to arrive with some of the things you need to do. 

ssrl - That sounds like an excellent program. 

E4E
- Sounds like you had a nice day with Mom & sis, and also working in your yard.  Nice temps you are having!

clynn - Yes, we need a lil rain.  It seems like once the weather system hits the Chesapeake Bay it either breaks up, or splits and goes either N or S of us.  They say it is going to rain today, we will see.  Love that you took S&S for a stroller ride!  Great pic of Iris and Finn!   ;D ;D love The Cicadas t-shirt!

Lani - Glad you had a good trip to town.  It has been a quiet weekend here.  We thought the traffic was going to be bad when we went out yesterday, but it surprised us and it was not!

BL - Thanks for the tunes  :)

Phyl - Sorry you have so much on your plate.  Don't let it stress you, and get done what you can. 

tsk - I see you got a good amount of rain yesterday. 

kb, Puff and all
- Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #4879 on: May 27, 2024, 09:02:58 AM »

tig - correct on our annual round of cicadas...I have them in my yard however. Not just wooded areas.
I have seen them and their exoskeletons in my yard and on my trees.

I actually love the sound...around here, they typically show up late July and early August. For me, it signals the end of summer is coming..

nrstooge

• I am the eagle I live in high country...
« Reply #4880 on: May 27, 2024, 09:36:07 AM »

Morning everyone!

Had a lovely chat yesterday with Clynn - then purchased some annual flowers like salvia for the hummingbird that has been stopping by my patio, but I didn't have anything in bloom for them.  Peppermint in one pot, and another full of blooming  flowers, as well as 7 of 9 tomatoes transplanted to their final containers for the season.  Still have some cleanup, etc to do on the patio.

Made a trip to Trader Joe's this morning, got a roasted veggie pizza for lunch/dinner.   WF osprey still incubating and ok after all of the storms. ( I check on them still eventhough I don't work there anymore)

Blessings to all!

ssrl

« Reply #4881 on: May 27, 2024, 10:36:25 AM »

Good morning, another fun filled day of rehab!

tsk, the TCO Crosstown Surgery Center is doctor owned and not affiliated with a hospital.  I like that.  TCO has a physical therapy center at most of their locations, but they also partner with other companies.  I did my outpatient PT at Viverant one of their partners since they have a facility only a mile away from my home.  All of their medical records and electronic systems and tied into the same main system so they can seamlessly share information immediately.  So, I do exercises, massage, etc. there and then they give me an outline of exercises to do at home.  Very good program and the pre-op PT prep really pays off after surgery.

Have a good day everyone. 

karengramke

« Reply #4882 on: May 27, 2024, 10:39:26 AM »

Good morning  and Hapoy MemorialDay!  Prayers for all tge dead and dying and those in need of some hugs!

Good to see you NR!  I would love one of the tomatoes you grow. Warm off the vine!    Nothing much better.
Have hot dogs, potato  salad and cole slaw for  dinner tonight.

Phyl, I have the same questions for you!   Maggie?  Drs?  Trees?

Tig, enjoy your day and take care!

Tsk, Mickey had both knees replaced, in springfield!  The process was the same as tig described.  She had both done at once , in the hospital tho, and home and walking the next day!  6 weeks off pt  prior to surgery!   I am sure this is current protocol every  where now!

Clynn, collage looks beautiful!  Good job!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4883 on: May 27, 2024, 11:12:05 AM »

Remembering and honoring our loved ones, and all who gave their lives with courage, honor, bravery today,
and everyday.
🙏

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Hugs Clynn}}} Thank you so much for creating the beautiful collage of and for our Beak Family.  :-*  ... it'll be a fun walk for you and the cats  ;D... love the Cicada t-shirt! LOL!! There are tik tok videos of people reacting to the cicadas now... awesome Albion  :-* , gosh I miss Salina, especially this time of the year... YAY Kelsey! brats are my favorite too! Have a lovely day and thanks again for the collage  ;D :-*

{{{Phyl, Jim}}} beautiful Memorial Day posts, sending prayers for {{{Miss Maggie}}}too  :( ....lots going on, please take care  :-*

{{{Tig}}} enjoy your quiet time.

nr, glad you had a nice visit with Clynn.... love the smell of peppermint... good wishes sent for WF nest.....enjoy your weekend.  :)

BL,  what an honor to have your great great grandfather's flag.  It's been a long time since I heard Peter Frampton. Thanks...

ssrl sounds like a great program.

Hi Karen, Eagles, Kb, Oldguy,  :)

[/size]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 11:00:10 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #4884 on: May 27, 2024, 11:41:30 AM »

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,

and let Your perpetual light shine upon them.

May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed

rest in peace.

Amen.

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Scott!....miss you.

Very sad day today for me...his birthday doesn't always land on Memorial Day but that just makes it doubly sad. :(

Lani - What years did you live in Salina KS?...and what is it about Salina you miss today?
Just curious.

My nephew's wife's family is in Topeka KS so he and daughter and wife still drive and visit often.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4885 on: May 27, 2024, 11:48:33 AM »

CLYNN   LOVE that tee shirt.  Someone is on the ball  ;D    Albion courthouse - beautiful gesture.

TIG  Interestingly enough we hear cicadas yearly as well and the sounds I'm hearing in my neighborhood now aren't too bad.

LISA  That inch yesterday and about another 1/4" late last night.  Very chilly here and cloudy for the town's Memorial parade today 
Hope they have a turnout nevertheless. ???

NR  Good to see you.  I can't imagine how you do all that gardening on your patio/balcony.

SSRL   Thanks You clarified that you don't have both an out -pt PT and a home PT    The out -pt PT is the critical one right now and I hope you are doing well.  Sounds like a great set up.

KAREN   I am very familiar with going home the next day after hip/knee replacements.  Not so informed about the 6 weeks of therapy prior but makes sense the outcome would be better.  A lot too depends on age and abilities of patient, living conditions, etc
KB   I apologize for not posting that today is Scott's heavenly birthday but as you say - a double and very sad remembrance of him as a veteran and how he has enhanced your life in the time he was allowed to share with you   :-* :-*
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4886 on: May 27, 2024, 12:12:14 PM »

some bounce

((Baz))

(((KB)))

TSK - now that I think back... when we used to fish in the Fall, I probably heard that high pitched buzz from the natural land around us.

If it were more warm and I were younger I'd be out fishing. Used to love catching bass in the rain.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4887 on: May 27, 2024, 01:04:32 PM »

Lani, I forgot the other Memorial we have, our Dear Beakers that are in heaven!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4888 on: May 27, 2024, 01:44:34 PM »

Thank you to all the Beaker's family members and all others who have Served. 

Clynn- Thank you so much for putting together such a special collage in honor of our Veterans.  Beautiful!!!    That is so nice that you took your Mom to the cemetery last month when you were there to take flowers and pay tribute to your loved ones.
Cute Cicada t-shirt! Lol! ;D
Just saw your collage of our heavenly Beakers - thank you so much.

Bl- You sure do have a special flag!!  Such a treasure and a keepsake!

Lani- Yes, I am happy to live close enough to the cemeteries to take flowers to my Dad & Uncle.  Hope you & Mike are having a nice day. 

Phyl- You & Jim have a nice, peaceful day and enjoy that yummy dinner you will be fixing!    Is Maggie okay?  You have lots on your plate.  {{Phyl}}

Hi Tsk, Ssrl, Karen, Og, Lori  :)

Tig- Enjoy some rest today!

LisaG- Hope you & Jeff and kitties are having some rest & downtime for yourselves today. Hugs.

Hi nrstooge  :)

Kb- Beautiful prayer. Thank you for posting.  {{{Kb}}}  Happy heavenly birthday to your Scott  :-*

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4889 on: May 27, 2024, 03:06:23 PM »

Kb,  Salina is Mike's hometown, he's 4th generation Kansan. Both sides of his family are pioneer stock when they settled Salina, Assaria and Council Grove area and are buried there. His favorite burgers come from Salina.  ;D. We moved there from Hawaii in 1972, lived there 32 years and raised our girls.

{{{Hugs Clynn}}} I'm going to post our beautiful Beak Family memorial tonight too! Thank you  :-*

Remembering Kb's Scott's heavenly birthday!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander