Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540561 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4830 on: May 25, 2024, 06:33:29 PM »

CLynn   'Find your inner purr.' Truer words - never spoken. LOL Sam/Sophie and the spray bottle.  Nice snaps of Talon / Bella on last day of school.
Did I miss how the chiropractor visit went? Hope all's well.
I bet they can't wait for Wednesdays with Grandma /Grandpa. You always have such fun and interesting activities for them.
Bailong Elevator,  whoa!   What an engineering marvel  certainly be worth a visit and a few rides.

Tsk a nice massage would be purrfect.  ;D Cute for Caturday. Rhubarb & strawberry sauce over ice cream  would be yummy
Glad to here the repot of Christmas cactus went well

Karen 'Congrats' on your 1 yr anniversary-- being back on your own again !  ;)

OG Relieved you  and that tornado missed each other. Truly hope there weren't any injuries/fatalities. Tks for tunes. Good luck at cards tonight if you have a game.

Lisa Hey! There's Bandit.  Nah...Phillipina is a sweetheart.

Bazi tks for the family news and update/snaps

Puff that Italian  beef sand  sounds really delish. Goin' South of the Border tonight for us.

Lori pretty yellow floral birthday greeting for SSRL, cute puppies. And, that white choco blueberry cupcake--- enough to go 'round?
Hope you Dad, Destini, your grandmother  and you are doing well.

TIG/Camper safe travels  to/ at the lake. . Ooops. You two made it to lake safely---tks .  Glad 'skeeters' aren't that bad. Hope Camper takes plenty of photos

Lani there's the gang strolling down the street; cute video shorts

{{{SSRL}}}

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4831 on: May 25, 2024, 06:36:20 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4832 on: May 25, 2024, 07:08:02 PM »

BAZI  Didn't know that about starting a new Xmas cactus if frond falls off.  I thought I would have a lot that I inadvertently broke but not so.  :D    LOLOLOL  " Carbon dating"   ;D ;D ;D   " Tap your card"  LOLOL     And a fun time was had by all kindergartners .  Lil Bro looks chilly in that 3rd pic  :-*   Nice pics of the other sets of twin greats.  That view is breathtaking.

PHYL  Cheetah cam  :o :o

TIG  Enjoy your relaxation!
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4833 on: May 25, 2024, 07:55:06 PM »

some bounce

I be sore... arms n shoulders from supporting my weight up n down stairs n ramps n such today. Then, I lay down on a real bed for the first time in 2 months to take a nap. I put a pillow under my knees but my hips were not happy. The good news is the compression ankle socks worked well! Yay!

KB - our cabin neighbors arrived - from Iowa - they said they endured 45 minutes of rain north of Mpls. I wonder if we got any of that in our northeast end????

Ok... SED   maybe   :o
OOO.... a loon call....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:00:22 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #4834 on: May 25, 2024, 08:37:43 PM »

Sounds like you have an oldie but goodie with that cactus tsk.  Definitely in need of tending to it sounds like.  Did you say which one?  Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving?
BTW since I went for their $5.99 beef sandwich today, I also tried Buono's salad.  For $10.99 you get a small slice-of-pie size plastic salad serving of their strawberry/avocado/chicken salad.
Reject!  Not only too small, there's no good taste, actually no taste. 
Buono is still family owned Dad, Wife, 3 boys.  They're thinking of going franchise. . .Maybe  the rest of the beakers will have a chance to try it.  Their Italian beef I highly recommend; and, make sure you get it baptized (?).

Portillo's is the hot dog champ!  They are also the chopped salad champ.  $12.99 but enough for two meals.  They are now all over the country, too.  They are now individually owned.  Joe sold to corporate and things are not quite great now IMHO.  But I'd still urge you all to try the chopped salad.

KB You've got a landscape talent, and a lot of stamina.   :o  I think you have yard fever like I do, it can be really satisfying and a beautiful end product.  That being said, I still haven't finished.  4 chores and a luncheon today - tomorrow rain again.  The rest of the week looks promising that I can finish this week.  Because of the lunch today I did my nails last night.  That is what's left of them.  Time to start growing a new crop of nails now.  You're finished outside too aren't you tsk?  You both make me feel late?

baz Your staircase to the clouds made me gasp.  My first thought was " /scary haunted house - but stairs I dubbed killers.  Similar reaction, same idea.

And the NC/vacay pictures show everyone having some nice times.  It also showed a lot of missing front teeth.  ;D  Must be contagious.  LOL 

P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 08:52:37 PM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #4835 on: May 25, 2024, 08:45:44 PM »

tig - It's likely you did get rain...but not sure. We didn't get any, even though radar showed rain on top of me it didn't reach the ground, so hard to say.

Enjoy your fishing!

Thanks, Puff - it is satisfying and enjoyable to be outside really. I'm not a golfer and never understood what the enjoyment was. Scott always said it's the "being outside" part.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4836 on: May 26, 2024, 12:36:54 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4837 on: May 26, 2024, 12:57:17 AM »

Tsk, rhubarb and strawberries! YUM! Good luck with the Christmas Cactus... just read the repotting went well! YAY!

phyl, gorgeous Phillipina! .... Love the big cats!  ;D ... goodnight Bob.

Kb, your yard and garden is lovely... awww love black bear....

Lisa, Mike's good, thanks.  ;D

Baz, love your family pics... adorable baby bro isn't a baby anymore... beautiful family, stunning view ... carbon dating... both the house/stairs scares me. LOL!

Tig, have a great time.. I hope the skeeters stay away.

SED Puff, Eagles  :-*

Oldguy, I hope the cards are good.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #4838 on: May 26, 2024, 06:02:15 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ! 
Sunday blessings.

Currently: 69F mostly cloudy;  High  88F rain showered  Low 69F

Yesterday Jim got up early-ish, drove to Wendys' for breakfast, returned and planted the four Cyprus I bought to replace the azaleas  that weren't working
out on that side of the garage. That sure looks so much nicer. The two that did remain I transferred to the back  on the left-hand side of the landscaping
surrounding the deck. Then he did some more trimming at the end of the front porch.  Just some light weeding left . 

Lani sweet, well fed lioness and cub.

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4839 on: May 26, 2024, 06:11:34 AM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee May 2024
 2nd clutch May 2024

5-25-24. 11:05 am---CR #69 at 12 O'clock, CR# 70(1 O'clock) then CR# 71and CR#72looking up and the camera.
Near fledgling time. No more photos will be taken. We're on fledge alert!

In comparison:

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4840 on: May 26, 2024, 06:12:28 AM »

[
Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee May 2024

5-18-24   2:29 PM
 Second clutch     of 2024 nesting season   "Welcome to the world!"

CR #69 at 12 O'clock, CR# 70(1 O'clock)  then CR# 71and CR#72looking up and the camera.

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4841 on: May 26, 2024, 06:20:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, cute videos you posted, that sweet dog and cat hugging each other, and how a mouse must feel when the cat is out there! Hope you and Mike and the furries are doing well! Mike is home this week right?  Gorgeous lions!

Phyl, the kids stopped by yesterday to bring me my birthday present, they told me it wasn't ready on my birthday. They each made me a gift at a place called Glazed Expressions. It's a place where you can paint ceramic items and have them glazed. They were both so proud of their work, especially Talon! He painted the eagle, Bella painted the gnome. My, the baby bluebirds have grown! This is the second batch, right?  And it's fledge watch already? Jim is a trooper, for sure. I hope he is taking lots of breaks!  Ed works for half an hour and takes a 2 hour break!  ::) ::)

tsk, yay on getting the cactus re-potted! Mom has a couple of large ones, I transplanted one of them when I was home in April. She has kept them going for years (and years!)! strawberry and rhubarb goes well together, Mom always makes jam. Yum!

baz, great pictures of all the little ones, Punkin' is looking good and Lil Bro is a cutie! They all look so happy!

Lisa, I wouldn't mess with Phillipina either! She doesn't look very happy!

karen, you're doing so good since you've been home! And you passed your driving test!  Watch out everyone!  LOLOL!

Niagara Falls without water, 1969
For six months in 1969 North Americas most iconic waterfall was purposely “de-watered”.
This was done by the US army corps of engineers, because they wanted to conduct a geological survey of the falls’ rock face.
They were concerned that it was becoming too destabilized from erosion.
In order to do this the army had to built a 600ft (182 m) dam across the Niagara River.
This dam consisted of 27,800 tons of rock.
In November 1969 in front of 2,650 spectators, the temporary dam was dynamited, restoring the flow of water.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 06:40:22 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4842 on: May 26, 2024, 06:57:13 AM »

TIG  Ouch start to your vacay.  ???

PUFF   Who owns the Buono Beef near me? in Rosemont or DesPlaines?  Never done with yardwork  LOL  Did some major weeding yesterday.  Found 3 monarch eggs altho Tim only has seen the monarchs  ::)  Am not sure these early ones are viable tho.  We shall see.  Kind of early.

PHYL  Cyprus ?  I only know cyprus as a tree?  Such different coloring when the bluebirds are babies  ;) ;)

CLYNN  Bright yellow Sunday  :)  - dark gloomy day. LOL  What wonderful gifts from the kids.  Yes Talon did a great job on the eagle.
For all the work the Army corps of engineers did I hope they got the results they wanted from the geological survey  :o :o
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4843 on: May 26, 2024, 07:49:33 AM »

tsk Last word I got ala Ton was that Buono was still family owned and operated.  Joe and wife have 3 middle-aged boys who were in charge of operations.  There are/were plans to sign into a franchise arrangement, still maintaining ownership of name and operations.  Of course that was at least a year ago per Ton.

Portillo's went the other way - Kids didn't want to continue so he sold name/business to a corporate group (?).  Dick started cutting back about 10  years ago.  He also had a couple fine dining fish restaurants, KeyWester, one in Naples, FL, and one in Naperville, Route 59.  Naper closed and finally was razed about 3 or 4 years ago.  Great selections, good food?!  Not sure about FL.

Trying to straighten out in old mind - one guy started on Taylor/Canal, one started in Villa Park.

Looks like my paper is going to get soaked.  Usually here by 6 am.  And. . . now it's getting ready to pour.

P

« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 08:19:30 AM by Puff »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4844 on: May 26, 2024, 08:09:50 AM »

Some bounce
Good news... No skeeters bothered while trying to sleep
Bad news... Hip and knees were not at all happy

So... I slept late. Time to check the weather
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)