Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 602579 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4395 on: May 13, 2024, 06:45:36 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, we couldn't see any of the Aurora either because of the clouds, but Erin got these 2 pics Friday. He is about 18 miles NE of here.

Oh that sweet puppy falling asleep with a good book...

Phyl, love your good night pic! Good Ol' Abe! Springfield IL is full of Lincoln, drove by his home many times! Good 365! Love the area! Sweet girl with the flower pots, love those skinny legs! Rain to start soon and last all day here...

The Union Station looks beautiful, I bet the salmon was wonderful! Glad you and Jim got to go on a real date! And the museum, a perfect day for you!

Just to remind us, Iris and her new love...

tig, glad to hear you are done with the monitor, hope for good results! Did you wish for snow?  :o :o

Lori, such a sweet post for Mother's Day! I wish you felt better, we miss you here in the Beak! You and Destini take care...

Erin's Family - Mother's Day pic!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4396 on: May 13, 2024, 06:51:57 AM »

LISA  Boat fixable - good deal.

PUFF   It was BAZI who found your mailbox in the Archives. ;) ;)  I'm not that resourceful  ;D ;D   You're smart to take long breaks - No time limit on getting a little garden exercise.

(((LORI and Grandma)))

LANI   Good night pup  LOL

PHYL  I would definitely have gone to that exhibit.  Very cool.  Glad you didn't miss it.   What a very special day for the two of you.  How fun to meet up with the couple Jim knew from his piloting days

CLYNN   Erin's photos - WOW   How lucky is he to have seen it.      That rain will get to us later today  ;)   Look at that cute family.
 The kids are getting cuter with age  ;)
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4397 on: May 13, 2024, 07:24:59 AM »

Thanks for the info tsk.  And thanks to baz for helping in the search.

BTW I just saw post that said the Key Bridge work has been cancelled today, again.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #4398 on: May 13, 2024, 08:02:26 AM »

Hmm, caption this!...this bear looks to me like he might be on his way down, LOL

Happy Monday all.

After a heavy smoke in the air night, meaning also had headaches which I never get even though sleeping downstairs with the air conditioner on, it might get better after noon or so today?...at which point I'll take Ollie out for our walk.

LisaG1967

« Reply #4399 on: May 13, 2024, 08:26:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

oldguy - Thank you  :)

Puff - I bet your big pine cones are lovely in their wicker basket. Do you string white lights thru them at Christmas time? 

Lori - Waving at ya....hope you are doing good!  ((Grandma))

Phyl - Love the good night pic.  Cute morning figurine. Sounds like a nice Mother's Day outing. 

Lani - We didn't get to see the aurora either, cause of the cloudy skies.   :(

clynn - Love the Family pic!  Aww, Iris and NG!  Great pics from Erin of the aurora. 

tsk - Yes, good deal on the fixable boat.  :)

kb - Sorry about the headache from the heavy smoke.  Hope you feel better soon. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4400 on: May 13, 2024, 10:50:04 AM »

some bounce

((( Lori )))
Phyl - sounds like a great evening!

AAAAAhhhhhhh.... the deep end, and the hot tub. Bliss.

(All)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4401 on: May 13, 2024, 11:10:13 AM »

Royal Albatross  :-*

Northern Royal Albatross Chick Goes On Walkabout In New Zealand | DOC | Cornell Lab – May 10, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkxfz9b4yMo

May 10, 2024  #endangeredspecies #newzealand #wildlife
At 100 days old, the Northern Royal Albatross chick from the Top Flat nest goes on a walkabout to explore the headland. As the chicks get older, they begin to wander further and further from their nest sites. They may even venture to areas out of view from the camera for periods, but they won't stray too far from their natal nest at this age.

After that look from TFT's mom BOK, TF thought he'd just mosey on right over there to this nest. BOK will bit other chicks, especially TF. She does not like him.

TF is busy gardening while TFT is taking a nap❤️

More on the magnificent Aurora Australis

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I have the appliance man coming to repair washing machine this morning.
I'll catch up with everyone later.
Have a good day!  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #4402 on: May 13, 2024, 11:14:53 AM »

Good Morning!  Rain today!  Good for my two plants ans keeping the portulaca  nice pending planting!  Wish I could share with Lani!
Clynn, Erin is growing something on his face!  Lolol!   Bella  is quite the fashionista with her red glasses.  Love the peace sign!
Lisa, hope Jeffs uncle has insurance on his boat!   Glad it was not the house!
Phyllis, nice day for you and Jim! The  train depot is interesting and a big connection to my mother’s family thru her railroad working  father!  As Clynn posted there is a large Lincoln  historical  memorial in Springfield!
Interesting to visit the Fords theater in DC  should  you get the opportunity to visit there!
Gloomy lights on day!   No complaints but will have to find an in door  project which should not be too hard!
Iris seems content and at least Louis is not interfering!
Lori, hope you had a good day!
Lani. Great picture of the aurora borealis.  Good luck with the repair

Tsk, surprised you are that far from Oak Park!   My picture with the othopedic shoes was taken there!  Lol.

Puff

« Reply #4403 on: May 13, 2024, 12:10:09 PM »

No Lisa What I do light up is the fireplace mantle - hang my collection of stockings from the lights and garland.  The pinecone stay in their basket but I have poinsettia scattered throughout them.

LisaG1967

« Reply #4404 on: May 13, 2024, 12:29:55 PM »

tig - Hot tub does sound like bliss  :)

Lani - Hope it is an easy fix on the washer.  I have the maintenance man coming tomorrow for ice maker again. Thanks for pics and update on the Royals. 

karen - I hope you are not getting the bad weather that Mama is having today.   Be safe, if you are!

LisaG1967

« Reply #4405 on: May 13, 2024, 12:30:23 PM »

No Lisa What I do light up is the fireplace mantle - hang my collection of stockings from the lights and garland.  The pinecone stay in their basket but I have poinsettia scattered throughout them.

That sounds really lovely, Puff

kbshcb

« Reply #4406 on: May 13, 2024, 01:09:04 PM »

Be like Ollie!

We did take a walk around 11am....still smoky and awful to breathe.....now he's sitting in the shade.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4407 on: May 13, 2024, 01:49:48 PM »

Happy Mother’s Day about 1939 .  Aunt, Grandmother, and Mamma!  They are all missed every day, but blessed!

Coleus in the ground and there were no falls!

Karen, glad no falls, and your coleus is in the ground!  :)  Love your throwback Mother's Day pic! You were a little cutie in your Shirley Temple curls!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4408 on: May 13, 2024, 02:13:02 PM »

Lani, we couldn't see any of the Aurora either because of the clouds, but Erin got these 2 pics Friday. He is about 18 miles NE of here

Erin's Family - Mother's Day pic!

Clynn, wow on the aurora that Erin got to see - and great pics of it, too!! What a treat for them to see that!! Love their Mother's Day Family pics!! They have such wonderful and happy pics of their loving and fun times together!!  :-* :-*  Love Bella's red dress and matching heart glasses!  :D And Talon is rocking his Patrick Mahomes' "do!"   :) :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4409 on: May 13, 2024, 02:24:11 PM »

Thanks for the info tsk.  And thanks to baz for helping in the search.

BTW I just saw post that said the Key Bridge work has been cancelled today, again.

P

Puff???   ;)   Sorry, but I did NOT find your mailbox picture! I said I found where you posted in August 2023 about your mailbox, but not with a picture at that time.  You said in August 2023 that you had posted a picture of your mailbox the year before - that would have been back in 2022. The reason I could not find your mailbox picture you posted in 2022 is because the Archives for the Beak Room do not go back to before January of 2023.  But I remember that picture! I'm glad you found it though, and sorry you're having trouble trying to post it again. Oh pooh!  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 02:47:05 PM by baziunc »