Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544219 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2820 on: March 24, 2024, 04:17:51 PM »

baz, cute good morning chick...I think it's afternoon now! ;D ;D

:D Clynn, it's morning somewhere!  ;) :D  And... it's 5 'clock somewhere, too!!  :D  Oh! That reminds me! Time for an adult beverage.  ;) ;D 8)

Beakers, the 1st round is on me  :) ... take your pick... They all come in "high test" and "virgin" versions. So choose your favorite cocktail, or mocktail, and enjoy!  :D

And...

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 04:19:45 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2821 on: March 24, 2024, 04:50:41 PM »

BAZI  Glad Sis got there safely and grandkids will have a fun time with Grandma  ;D   I'll have the chocolate in the second pic Thanks

CLYNN   That was an amazing dal Ed got on the Cat tower.  Barb gave me hers when their cat Pepper had to be put down several months ago.  Now Lulu will have one for the porch.  ;)   Beautiful Tonto bridge - Wonder if Lani has been there ?

Two weekends and no T40??
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2822 on: March 24, 2024, 05:57:55 PM »

CLynn yesterday's 'Good Night' was a snap of Street  Cat Bob napping. Awww Sam and Sophie having fun on their 'kitty Condo' Thanks for info on Bella's specs    SWFL Eagles  look great.      Awesome snap of Tonto Natural Bridge State Park, Arizona

Congrats  Decora North!    Welcome to the world DN17!     

Tsk  I've noticed T40's absence also.  She once told me she'd been busy lately.  :-\   Still I hope she's well.    Jim might go in to work Monday.  Has appt w/ cardiologist this Wednesday.

Lori great post for DN17 thanks

Lani thanks for the Palm Sunday; good news on Sadie  ;)   Congrats on the Ladies KU victory.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:04:36 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2823 on: March 24, 2024, 06:13:26 PM »

A final post for Women's History month---

Hypatia, Ancient Alexandria’s Great Female Scholar
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/hypatia-ancient-alexandrias-great-female-scholar-10942888/
Also:

This brilliant philosopher was murdered by a mob. But there's much more to her story.

In A.D. 415 Christian fanatics attacked and murdered Hypatia of Alexandria, claiming she was a heretic using black magic. Here’s the truth.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/murder-hypatia-philosopher-alexandria

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #2824 on: March 24, 2024, 06:37:49 PM »

Years ago after  2011 there was  a big snow in Decorah, mom had eggs or chicks and as I signed off I worried about all of them.  In the am I. Got a coffee and tuned into the nest .  The scene that greeted me was one of pure winter beauty but very scary!   In the middle of the nest was a huge mound of snow!   Being new to the eagle world I thought, omg she has frozen to death covering her precious family.   In a few minutes, the snow mound lifted up and there was mom, shock off  the snow, looked around and settled back down
I hope Mrs North does as well!  ❄️   I think some of you must have seen this!  Actually think it was winter of 2012.  Back to the big dance!

BrokenLug

« Reply #2825 on: March 24, 2024, 06:40:04 PM »

this bridge I grew up on and still exists after being built in the early 1900's...I lived a few houses north of it on Overlook Dr. in Bloomington. It sits on the hill going down to Nine Mile Creek which empties into the Minnesota River....My old stomping grounds was the forests surrounding the Creek and River.

this is the accompanying Waleswood Estates...overlooking the Minnesota River. Stables, clubhouse, watch tower...All torn down before the subdivision of homes were built in the 1957-1960 era..
Marv Anderson bought the property and developed it all. He built his own beautiful "mansion" overlooking the bluffs and shot off the most fabulous fireworks on the fourth of July.
Course all we kids needed to do was go sit outside on the front steps.

Still visit the area, woods, and creek. Not so much since the Pandemic but will have to do so soon. Lots of bald eagles and wildlife as well.

I just love this bridge, it does nothing now and no one knows for sure if it had a function!
Memories.

Kb, Tig and all in that neck of the woods ... How's everyone making out with the snow in the Midwest ?

Side - Kb
I searched high & low for that stone bridge along Overlook Dr. in Bloomington, MN and could not find it.
I see a "modern" home in the bridge pic background, so I assumed I could see it from Google Maps Street View. ?? 
Overlook Dr. overlooks a fair bit of the Minnesota River however.
Could you pinpoint It's location on a map for me somehow as now you've put a map junkie on a mission.   ;D

Speaking of pummeled by Spring snow my SIL in VT just called (after her power came back on) and said she got slammed with 25" of the March White snow Mud rapidly settling into April ice berms only to be followed by world renowned Gorilla Hair real world mud.    :)

The mother ship conveyance is stuck   :o  in NYS tonight or we'd respond with appropriate provisions like wine. ;)

The aft winch crapped out.

Kopje and I bushwhacked a new route to the cabin.
Kopje was ecstatic with the unfamiliar terrain and the new critter tracks and scents.
Pip ye of little faith from A to B I've successfully navigated so many times your head would spin.
Pip has navigational skills way beyond mine.
Kopjes up tail and nose was like a compass.  :)

.. you know where we are and we're totally cool .. raging wood stove suck's to be us.   :)

Vt SIL mentioned that all of the Raptors on the back 40 have 'shaken it off' and are today emerging appropriately.  8)

https://www.weather.gov/source/crh/snowmap.html?zoom=5&lat=39.85&lon=-85.19&hr=72

Yeah it does snow big time in March - Yup for sure in the NE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WSBSb5NjYI
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 02:26:57 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #2826 on: March 24, 2024, 06:42:27 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs. 

Hersonissos, Crete

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #2827 on: March 24, 2024, 07:37:54 PM »

BL - I found it right away on google maps...google maps won't let me copy the picture I have of it open in another tab, but the address is 2251 Overlook Drive. I grew up at 2132 Overlook Dr..
Unfortunately last google map driver drove in the winter so you will see it between two homes and in back of what could be described as a yard of snow..

It's been snowing here since early morning, and much harder now and into the night..

They say we won't be able to detect or see how much we will end up with as our temps are just below freezing and it has melted on the streets all day. Just now it's accumulating on the roads and my driveway.
I already shoveled about 3 heavy wet inches off my decks in back..

Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow and then return to snow on Tuesday....a big mess.

Am happy I prepared to stay home for the next few.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you to find the bridge.

kbshcb

« Reply #2828 on: March 24, 2024, 07:49:49 PM »

BTW when you find the bridge you will see Overlook Dr. makes a sharp right (west) turn....if you follow the road to the right or westerly on the left are all the homes that overlook the Minnesota River...and therefore relate to my other picture of the Waleswood Estates.

From the bridge going the other direction all the homes on the now right overlook Nine Mile Creek.
Nine Mile Creek and it's forests were My Home..

We made the paths going to the creek and along it as kids, there were none like there are now...made by the Scouts with some tar/gravel, and a few bridges..done after I left.

kbshcb

« Reply #2829 on: March 24, 2024, 07:55:20 PM »

Lights are flickering and arbors are starting to bend over as I worried about....

Pray for rain I guess.

BrokenLug

« Reply #2830 on: March 24, 2024, 08:02:13 PM »

Thank you kb I got it now.
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #2831 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:05 PM »

Nothing to watch at NN - Even bobblehead hasn't bobbled for a while.  DNF got off the nest one extra time before turning in for the night.  E17  must be dead to the world.  Busy first full day for all both.

Let me finish my games and then I'll do the same.

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #2832 on: March 24, 2024, 08:07:22 PM »

That snow/ice/wind line is a power outage nightmare .. I hope you and Scott hold.

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #2833 on: March 24, 2024, 08:08:44 PM »

BTW T40 is a o tay.
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2834 on: March 24, 2024, 10:13:15 PM »

Phyl - The North Park Mall sure sounds like it was a lot of fun!!  Without a doubt, we would have enjoyed browsing around that wonderful Crafts Faire!   Still thinking of Jim and hoping he is feeling better each day.

Lani - So sorry that the celebration of life wasn't really a 'feel good' celebration.  Sure it is always sad that a loved one has passed away, but there are stories & remembrances of the person's life that pick up your spirits!   Oh no, Mike's teams not winning?  As you know, I don't watch, so I don't know about the games.

Clynn - Cute pics of Sophie & Sam!!  I bet they constantly are fun to watch!!  ;D  Thank you for Sue Bruhling's DNN!! ;D   Hope your Mom got some of that yummy bbq chicken!!

Tsk - My mom is almost like Tim, she loves to watch Golf on tv!!  She is not really into other sports, but I know she will enjoy the Summer Olympics!

LisaG - Hope you had a nice shopping day!

Tig - Camper is so thoughtful!

Lori - Great cam shots!!! Too cute!!!!

Karen - 'Yes' - agree with what you said to Lani!

Hi Puff  :)

Baz - Thank  you for the explanation!  ;D  A lot of wind in your area last night - hope it has calmed down!

Karen - I'm pretty sure I saw the nest that morning too!!  I know I was definitely watching the cams at that time! :)

BL - Liked that you, Pip & Kopje bushwacked a new route  ;D

Kb - You are prepared for whatever weather comes your way!

Og, Lori, Emy  :)

Beakers have a good night - safe & warm.