Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542678 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2850 on: March 25, 2024, 08:53:53 AM »

TIG   I see the Iowa women play at 7 PM central today on ESPN.  Hope to watch that.  I would miss the pool as well.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #2851 on: March 25, 2024, 10:05:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Well, it was a weekend of broken brackets - the men's brackets had no perfect ones left going into Sat.  The women's bracket have only 14 perfect brackets left out of 3.25million created.
The men had 11 upsets in the first round and 2 in the second with all of the top 8 moving into the sweet 16 and 2 #3 seeds, 2 #4 seeds, 2 #5 seeds and 2#6 seeds joining them.
The women still have 8 games to play today to decide the sweet 16.  In round 1 there was only 1 upset, but there was 3 upsets yesterday.  Games start at 1pm today, so should be another entertaining day for those watching.  Hoping that the 2 Iowa starters that missed the last game, can play in this one.

Lani - try this video to get rid of your funk... ;)
Hawaiian Music | Tropical Beach Music and Beautiful Hawaii Scenery   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbfbnjSHs3A

Some more music for everyone... ;)
Tony Trischka - "Dooley"    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0dlIAjFlCo
Alison Brown & Steve Martin   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQteCdU-Sg
Stan Urban sings ‘Little Queenie’ & 'Great Balls Of Fire' with Sir Tom   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K265cb7vMCg

Maru loves the baby bouncer   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKRtd03g6Y
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #2852 on: March 25, 2024, 10:34:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - I bought this cute lil summer romper for Sydney from Carter's that has a bunny on the side.  I am putting that in the Easter basket, too.  Love the fork/birdhouse. 

tsk - Hope T40 is ok?  Cute morning greeting. 

BL - Thanks for letting us know T40 is o-tay!

E4E - Shopping was good.

Lani - Aww, sweet good night pic!

Phyl - Pretty arrangement this morning. How is Jim feeling?  Thanks for the 365, and RRP blog post & pics.

kb - Oh wow, 8 inches of snow. 

karen, tig, Puff, and all
- Morning!

Puff

« Reply #2853 on: March 25, 2024, 10:44:48 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-03-25-ready-to-nest
https://www.nature365.tv

WOW!!!!  Beautiful colors/beautiful little guy.  Doesn't look like a common of any kind.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #2854 on: March 25, 2024, 11:04:28 AM »

Lisa more than 8.5 now of immovable snow. literally can't move it.
Plow came to do my driveway but have to leave the decks..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2855 on: March 25, 2024, 11:48:28 AM »

some bounce

Iowans... Stay safe today.  Tornado watch near Des Moines later?
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2856 on: March 25, 2024, 12:17:03 PM »

Good morning Beakers! View of our area this morning, photo taken by neighbor.
Morning Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Puff, Eagles and Karen  :-*

{{{Lisa and Jeff}}} I hope you'll be able to see Sydney this weekend.  :-*

Oldguy, thank you  ;D ... Love Dooley, I think I remember one of our favorite characters on Andy Griffith singing Dooley... Oh My! How great was that for Stan Urban and the great Sir Tom!!! Loved it! ... OMG! Maru in the baby bouncer!!  ;D

{{{Karen}}} hope you have a good day.

Tig, a good day to give yourself a little TLC too... good luck to Iowa! We're going to watch too, as well as KU women following.

Tsk, Do you have a busy week at the church before Easter Sunday?

Clynn, we're enjoying our slushy snow and rain, because we know it won't last long. The moisture is filling our reservoirs, little creeks for the wildlife.... pics of sweet D17  :-*
I like Pina Colada with light rum or Chi Chi made with vodka.
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-make-the-best-pina-colada

Kb, we had an inch of wet snow. It's starting to melt and the sun is shining. Hopefully, your slushy snow will melt too.

Phyl, seeing a Kingfisher in the wild is on my bucket list. I didn't realize they nest near creeks and streams.... thanks for RRP blog on little newbie  :-* ... and photos of DN nest and Decorah Goose nest. What a devoted mate for mother goose. She's never alone at night.... and there's Newman.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2857 on: March 25, 2024, 01:26:41 PM »

Lani - pretty area in that picture!.

8.5 inches of concrete doesn't just melt in Minnesota..even though it's over 32 degrees.

Eventually it will.

In the meantime it's tough on the ol bod...my roof over steps was sagging so I took it off and had to move it.
Snow above the shop drips into the shop so I moved about 1/2 of it.

Neck, thumbs, wrists, shoulder in bad shape at the moment.

Bottom deck and steps left to melt.

Last year's big storm took a month to melt.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2858 on: March 25, 2024, 01:29:12 PM »

some bounce

Lani - pretty

KB - I hope to attack some of it after supper, when temp. is high and wind and chance of rain low.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2859 on: March 25, 2024, 01:54:12 PM »

OLDGUY   Didn't know Steve Martin sang blue grass.  Then again I knew he played banjo. Duh   Are you following Idol this year.  Last girl Sunday night blew me away - my money is on her for top 5 at least.  Sang Aretha.   Maru is such a go with the flow kind of cat  LOL

LANI   Your neighbor is a good photographer  ;)   Yes a busy time for decorating.  Extra help for Saturday to get the gym and church both decorated for Sat afternoon/Sunday  Concurrent masses.  Smaller stuff in between.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2860 on: March 25, 2024, 02:09:53 PM »

kb - Wow, you got quite alot.

tig - How about you?  Oh, I hope clynn is safe!

Lani - Absolutely gorgeous! 

tsk - How is your weather?  Are you getting any of this?

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2861 on: March 25, 2024, 02:13:33 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

;) I know... "morning" ...  ;D

Lani, what a gorgeous picture your neighbor took of your area! Just stunningly gorgeous! Is that rooftop in the picture your house? I adore Kingfishers! I regularly see male and female Belted Kingfishers diving for fish in my neighborhood ponds and waterways. I am so lucky that I get to see a resident Kingfisher diving for meals almost every single day in the retention pond just a few feet from my door. If I don't see him, I usually hear him, and then sometimes I can spot him in the trees next to the pond, waiting to dive for his next meal. They have such a distinctive call. There is another Kingfisher that I often see fishing from the trees when I walk to the kayak launch and dock in the natural intracoastal waterway with so many cypress trees around the perimeter. Belted Kingfishers typically nest in holes (burrows) they dig in the sides of banks along ponds. I have never found one of those - it's on my "I would die to see one!" list. I never get tired of watching or listening to my neighborhood Belted Kingfishers. I stop and watch every single time.  :-*  https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Belted_Kingfisher/lifehistory#:~:text=Nest%20Placement,gravel%20pit%20far%20from%20water .  I'm so glad you're getting the snow and rain, for its much-needed moisture, and I hope it will help all the plants and animals, and keep your area safer from any fire. Piña Coladas are one of my all-time favorite drinks... mmm! I never knew they originated in San Juan, P.R.!! I saved your recipe for that - thanks!  :-*  We used to almost live off them in Miami  ;D - especially at one of our favorite outdoor bar/restaurants on the Biscayne Bay waterfront, in "The Grove" - Coconut Grove. I wish I were enjoying a Piña Colada on a table by the water there in the warm sun right now!!  :)

I hope All the Beakers stay safe and warm, and have a great day!!  :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:22:44 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

T40cfr403

« Reply #2862 on: March 25, 2024, 03:16:41 PM »

My deepest apologies for scaring everyone by my absence, but I was just fresh out of cats for Caturday. :-\ It was "nice" to have been missed, though. Sorry for the angst! :-[

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bmfdxLi-7gw?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/P2A0DAxZo_o?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC0PPBrYBco
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 03:18:51 PM by T40cfr403 »
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2863 on: March 25, 2024, 03:30:41 PM »

Lisa, 63 and sunny here, no problems!

Lani, what a beautiful picture your neighbor took! Love the house nestled amongst the snow covered trees... I saved the Pina Colada recipe!

baz, the Kingfisher does have a very distinct sound! You have so many cool critters around your area!

tsk, your busy will be before the weekend, then you can relax....

Lisa, is this the romper for Sydney?  I have a Squishmallow for Bella (one for Talon too, though I don't know if he will be thrilled. He would rather have a weapon of some kind!).

T40, glad you are okay! Love the loving cats, so sweet...  Still laughing at the second one!

Decorah North - Rose Swailes - We have a second baby! Hard to see but it is the fluff ball to the right next to DN17 to the left. DNF if feeding DN17 but DN18 is still trying to get up and out of its shell or stronger to lift its head. Probably see both later today. Yeahhh we have 2 babies! Screenshots 03-25-2024

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #2864 on: March 25, 2024, 04:20:28 PM »

clynn - Yes, that is the romper!  I thought it was cute, and Eastery looking.  Pretty sure Talon would rather a weapon then a Squishmallow.  You have to let us know how that goes over.  ;D  Those lil DNN kiddo's are adorable. 

T40 - Fresh out of cats...lol  Glad you are OK!

baz - You have a....