Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 499847 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11850 on: December 03, 2023, 05:18:36 AM »

A blessed Sunday Everyone and...

Currently 51F w/ light rain.    High  59,   Low 44F .

I have Jim in a KN95 mask and all the other paraphernalia and moved to another room.   Still, he kept me up last night.  So here I am---LOL

{{{Tsk}}} I do,  so hope {{{Tim's}}} much improved that he returns home this afternoon. I 'm sure Lulu will have purrs/cucddes galore for him. Her purrs will help heal him.  ;)   🙏 's continue .

Lani very pretty nighttime at the lake; I bet those chicken nuggets were tasty.   :)  Been thinking of Sadie---pets/scratches.

{{{Tig}}} hope you're inproving/feeling better.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11851 on: December 03, 2023, 05:42:41 AM »

T40  " with shrimp tempura as a snack, Phyl!  Okaaaay?  Not sure where that's comming from ... :-\

Phyl, I am the person who posted to you that I was having shrimp tempura as a game snack today!  Not T40.  ;) :D  Because your DOTY for today included Japanese Tempura!!   ::) ;D

Baz - Thank you! I was like "shrimp tempura?" Did I really say that? LOLOL!

Oh my gosh! I made a faux pas!!   ::) 
 By the way the DOTY in yesterday's --- Saturday's post didn't list Japanese Tempura!  ;)

Thanks for the laughs---with all the crap going on in my life right now ---And there's more than I chat about. I sure needed them 
Merci mille fois.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11852 on: December 03, 2023, 05:43:31 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11853 on: December 03, 2023, 05:44:15 AM »

Days of the Year

Make A Gift Day
Crafting heartfelt surprises from scratch, the joy of giving uniquely personal presents spreads smiles and warmth, creating lasting memories.

International Disability Day
Champion an inclusive society for people living with mental and physical disabilities by attending an event, fundraising or helping someone in need.

Let’s Hug Day
Hugging can lower stress, boost happiness, and strengthen bonds. It’s a great way to show love and appreciation, and it feels amazing!

National Roof Over Your Head Day
Extending a hand and awareness to those in need, embodying compassion and warmth to mend lives touched by the trials of homelessness.

World Coati Day
Ensuring the protection and survival of these fascinating creatures, contributing to the conservation of our diverse wildlife.

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #11854 on: December 03, 2023, 06:33:52 AM »

DOTY ????

Lob Lobbies ?????

I must not have turned the brain back on this morning.

BTW  I did pick up on the "Let's Hug Day".
Checking through the posts there are a lot of us in need of a hug.  If you know me you know my feeling of the value of a meaningful/sincere hug.

HUGS and prayers to all!

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11855 on: December 03, 2023, 06:43:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, prayers for Tim, poor guy, he has a lot going on... I am thinking he is still in the hospital since you haven't reported in.

Lani, you must have gotten the Bambi warning before you had the chance to see it. I wish I had. Same for Old Yeller... I would love it if Ed had even one specialty he could make! He has made mostaccioli a couple of times, in several decades past and if I say that he doesn't ever cook anything he always brings up the mostaccioli. The last time he made it was before we bought our first house, so before 1987!!!

Phyl, love your little chick with the winter hat on! Hugs for Jim, dang it. Hope you don't get it! Sometimes those memories sneak up on you, don't they... Interesting 365, nothing goes to waste in the wild. I can remember Dad untangling the Christmas lights! International Disability Day, I always try to be extra kind to those with disabilities, as so many are with Kelsey. Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect!  I hope some of your other crap gets resolved soon....

BL, sounds like you had a lot of company at your campfire!

baz, heaven's no, I am not done in the Mole Hole! I have one corner cleaned out, my coffee table is full, as is the kitchen table. Sorting into Keep, Trash, Goodwill and Not sure yet. There are about 10 boxes of empty soda bottles for return so I told Erin if he would pick them up and push them through the recycle machine I would pay him $50 and he could keep the $$. I just need to know the amount so I can give Ed that amount of $!!  Getting ready to head back down after I get dressed!  Ed & Kelsey made it to Springfield fine, Kelsey always has to call someone whenever she crosses the Mississippi. She used to call Kay, but I got the call this time!

E4E, the Christmas present theft was back in 1974, nearly 50 years ago. I do remember that the worst part was that most of the presents were gifts I had made in Ceramics class, so there was no replacing any of that! And I was scared for a while after that, slept with a shotgun (which I had no idea how to use) beside the bed! Theft never solved, but we had an idea of who it was. We laughed later because they got nothing valuable!

Puff,
you are right! Lots of hugs needed! Loblolly is a pine tree in the south, DOTY (Days of the Year).

1. Go to the woods. Bring a pinecone home.🌲🌲🌲
2. Put the cone in a pot with some soil - so that most of it stands out.
3. Every day water it with a small amount of water, as excess water makes the cones rot.
4. After some time, a tiny tree will appear.
5. Congratulations - you just started oxygen production and you have a piece of forest in your own home.🍁🍂🍃.
Thank-you for doing something for nature!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11856 on: December 03, 2023, 07:42:11 AM »

some bounce
BL...
I think I turned the corner yesterday... Thanx all. Keeping up the liquids and rest.
Working on our Christmas card list.
I checked in on the Iowa game. Shucks. I've also been watching Tiger's latest comeback (and still have  "love/hate" feelings). Encouraged the Wild will have new life with the new coach.
Well, it is Sunday. Time to take my weekly pill and sit up for a half hour.
Big hugs all... Especially Phyl, Puff, TSK...
TTFN
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 08:35:42 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #11857 on: December 03, 2023, 08:18:54 AM »

LOL...thankful to the Gods!...we have no snow on the ground..I hear Europe has been walloped!...
We deserve a big break after last year's historic snowfall amounts.

Puff - i also am lost with the abbreviations/capitalized wordings. Reminder: some of us don't live where you do and need things Spelled Out!

Oh well, for now, I'll just move forward.

Hugs all.

LisaG1967

« Reply #11858 on: December 03, 2023, 08:27:10 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!!

Phyl - Hope Jim feels better soon, and that you don't catch the pneumonia.  Thanks for the 365 and DOTY.

BrokenLug - Yes, I did actually buy it for her. 

baz - Thanks. My son plays the bass guitar and drums, so he will enjoy it as much as her.  ;D

E4E - Right, just as long as they don't leave it at grandma's house!  ;D

Lani - LOL, on the outdoor shed/garage being very popular. 

((Puff)) - A hug right back at ya!

clynn - Love the dried fruit and pine cone pic this morning.  Glad to hear that Ed & Kelsey arrived safely.  Awww, you got the call from her.   :-*

tig - Glad you are feeling better today, and that you are doing another day of rest!

Morning kb  :)

tsk - I hope Tim is doing better this morning.  ((hugs))

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11859 on: December 03, 2023, 08:59:48 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

As of 7 PM yesterday when I left , it was at that time he finally got a transport out of the ER to a cardiac monitoring room. It took 2 hours and 15 min for that to occur  :P :P  Two total transporters for the entire hospital on a Saturday, and 1 was at "lunch".  Will go back around lunch as I have so much to do here but as of yesterday , his heart rate was coming down slowly so that is good albeit after many drugs pumped into his system, none of them working which had worked back in April.   Monday a "modified" stress test and home in the PM.  Will see how that goes.

PHYL   Yes  Lycopene, specifically,  is what I couldn't think of - thanks - didn't have time to google.  Love the bow laden white kitty. ;D   Oh NO  ((((Jim))))   Stay out of state for the car - Can so often be a scam...Just met someone the other day who was scammed.  Came to our church looking for gas gas gift card to get back home.. :(

LISA   Think you should then give ear plugs to Kelly and Bradley to accompany that gift  LOL

KAREN   Ressurection ..Ouch to that dang vertigo. ( what brought it under control?)   I'm also not a favorite of hunting however if nothing is wasted and maybe some meat donated, the herds have to be thinned at least around here.

Have to stop for now - Will catch up in a bit
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #11860 on: December 03, 2023, 09:58:52 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1731321321286709540

Perfect for Hug Day!....esp, tsk....take care

karengramke

« Reply #11861 on: December 03, 2023, 10:24:50 AM »

For those who are not familiar with loblollys, you have all seen millions of them and just did not know it!   They are the heart and soul of your power and telephones!  This is what makes all the poles stretched across  the landscape!  In Georgia and South Carolina they are grown  as crops and harvested about every 27 years!   In addition they dot the southern landscape  providing shade and mulch, food for squirrels a job for landscapers hired to clean up their ever falling needles, pine conrs and weak branches.  In addition these softwood  trees often give way to hurricane winds and fall on houses.   Probanly more than you wanted to know!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 10:41:46 AM by karengramke »

Puff

« Reply #11862 on: December 03, 2023, 10:35:08 AM »

Thanks LisaG  Felt warm and heartfelt.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11863 on: December 03, 2023, 10:55:25 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{hugs Karen}}} Knowledge is never TMI! Thanks... I pray the vertigo disappears soon.  :-*

Lisa, I didn't know Bradley played instruments as well...  He will enjoy teaching Sydney!  ;D

{{{hugs Tsk}}} Sending hugs and prayers for healing of comfort for Tim and you and Lulu. You take care during these busy days.  :-*

Kb, Love the cat drawing in the snow... Awww, the sweetest loving hug between former caretaker and baby chimp.  :-*

Tig glad to hear you're feeling better.

Puff yes, doesn't matter what culture or language lots of hugs needed.

Clynn, never saw Old Yeller either.... I was always in tears with Lassie and Rin Tin Tin.... I had to look up Mostaccioli, it's looks delicious! I appreciate Mike wants to cook something. He makes the mash potatoes, as well as cutting items up for soups and such. Every Monday evening he cooks the hamburger for tacos or enchiladas.... glad to hear Ed and Kelsey arrived, how sweet she likes to call someone when she crosses the Mississippi!... Pinecone tree is awesome idea. I might pick up a Ponderosa Pine during my walk tomorrow.

Phyl, Another Brandenberg classic, crows or ravens are bothersome no matter what part of the world.... {{{healing and comforting prayers Jim, Phyl and Maggie}}}

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 11:04:40 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #11864 on: December 03, 2023, 12:09:11 PM »

No worries on buying an out-of-state vehicle . Neither of us would ever do that.   ;) ;)

{{{Beakers}}}

{{{Tsk}}} relieved to 'see' you this  AM.   You have so much  going on right now.  Sending more   🙏 's your way and a candle on our alter.

Lani  awwww this morning's 'nun' so cute. And, has taken some serious /solemn vows for inner devotion toward church, God and humaity.  Agree 'hugs' in any culture ---
no translation needed---same with 'smiles'

{{{Puff}}} if you or anyone here,  were to ever met me-- I'd greet you with  an broad  smile  and  warm embrace.   :)

CLynn glad  Ed/Kelsey arrived safely and are  having a good visit w/ family ; still working on 'mole hole', becareful down there. Luv the 'hug' graphic.
A call from Kelsey  :)

{{{Karen}}} tks for the info on ' loblollys' I knew they were pine (conifers) but that was the sum & total---

Lisa how cool Bradley is a musician that means he and Sydney can really 'jam'  and Kelly will have some unique music to listen/ dance .  Maybe we'll have'a
family group i.e. Quarrentine Kids.  Then Beakroom will it's very own musical group.  I can see it all in a few years...playing at The Rhyman in Music City USA! 

KB  this morning's snow drawing of kitty, cute.  I usually put acronym meaning in ( )

Tig so glad you're better. Yes, the Christmas card list . I best get crack'n.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:17:16 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan