Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 499826 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10530 on: October 26, 2023, 09:52:36 AM »

E4E - The big squeeze went well, and already got my report saying all is OK.

kb - Yes, it is Bradley's dominant hand.  He has a half cast on, he said. 

clynn - Thanks for the post from SueB.

tsk - A good night's rest!

kbshcb

« Reply #10531 on: October 26, 2023, 11:07:29 AM »

Nope, no jazz potato....or needle nose pliar for that matter.

Chris tried and tried, as was too hard for me to look up that long....it's likely sautered onto the fixture. Only able to get a few pieces of chipped tin?/metal of the previous light bulb out.

Will now likely need a new fan/hood/light thingy over my stove....just hope whomever doesn't need to climb in the attic, but can replace it from the kitchen...it's vented through the attic.

I have one of the two light bulbs that still work and the fan.

Next year only...not affordable yet....dang, I'll need to cook with less light during the dark winter months.

But, I tried!... ;)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10532 on: October 26, 2023, 11:18:15 AM »

Oh Lisa, very sorry to hear about Bradley's accident. And it's his dominant hand too.  :( ..... Goodness, Stewie and Misty, what have you both been doing!   :o .. sending prayers for healing and comfort.  🙏🏽
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10533 on: October 26, 2023, 11:56:18 AM »

CLynn Everyone looks very well and happy; really enjoyed your 'vacation' photos---but, where are you? yeah. I know behind the camera/iPhone.  ;D
Glad to hear Ed's better---thanks for Sue Bruhling's photos and update

Puff :)

KB great Tim C ard ariel Autumn foliage; Ahhh that Milion Dollar Chicken recipe---we loved it BTW;  Ollieman  ;)   Hopefully the leaves and all won't
get the better

Lisa good news on the Mammo;  ;     🙏 's  for Bradley ,falling /injuries don't sound good-hopefully he will recover with  full use. Glad Sydney wasn't hurt.

E4E  :)

Tsk rest you needed, Congrats to getting those hours!     I'm so use to just 3-4 hours sleep, don't think I'll ever get back 6hrs.  :(

« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 12:57:18 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

« Reply #10534 on: October 26, 2023, 12:19:17 PM »

Halloween is coming Beakers!  👻
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, I envy your 9 hours of sleep... have a good day  ;D

Hi Eagles  ;D

Kb, you can go to your electrical box and shut off the power to your stove hood or kitchen appliances. Have Chris wait in the kitchen and let you know when power is off. Each switch is marked on our electrical box. Then remove broken bulb with pliers. I've done that. It's a quick job. I wish I lived nearby, I'd do it for you. Since Mike has traveled throughout our marriage it's one of the things I've had to learn to do myself.  :) ... beautiful area that you once lived near....

Clynn, great family pics including Marshall! Everyone looks like their having fun, especially baseball game and pizza night! Becky's a great hand with the pizza dough! You have a beautiful family. I bet your mom was over the moon with joy!  ;D ... How wonderful to see Decorah Mom and DM2 together. How grand she looks!  :-*

{{{Puff}}} You've given me a lot to think about this morning. Some difficult decisions I've set aside needs to be dealt with. Sending you hugs and prayers  🙏🏽
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #10535 on: October 26, 2023, 12:27:19 PM »

Royal Albatross ~ Albies Socializing & Courtship Displays! 💗 10.25.23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTDWNMTRQro

Oct 25, 2023
The adolescents continue to arrive and search for a mate for the upcoming season. I could not read any of the bands on these returnees but the one with the nice tiara on its head  is back and at one point we see five albies. They will continue to socialize and engage in courtship displays for the next few weeks. There is one albatross that continues to wait for their mate in the same spot for the past week. ♥ As soon as there is an update from Sharyn on the colony new arrivals I will pin to the comment section. Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Royal Albatross 💗 Beautiful YRK Flies In & Socializes With Other Non Breeders 💗 10.26.23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P79EFau6lAo

Oct 26, 2023
YRK has been back for two weeks looking for her mate OGK to return. She flies in and lands right next to a non breeder male albie! The albie has a black darvic band which signifies he is a male and it appears the letters are A87. The A series is for all birds fledging between 2010-2019 - most likely this one is a young non breeder. They exchange skycalls and socialize for a few minutes. A couple more non breeding adolescents show up - a blue banded albie will fly off. You can recognize YRK right now by her bright bands of Yellow Red Black and on her head she has a tiara of some dark feathers. The feathers darken during the winter months and will bleach out to white while albies are incubating their egg over the summer months.

We are still hopeful for OGK's return but if he does not return we wish YRK will have a second chance at love again with a new mate. She will most likely stick around for a few more weeks before flying off. She will return again next year to look for a new mate. ♥ Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Male Albie KA87 with YRK

Lots of socializing!  ;D

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10536 on: October 26, 2023, 12:46:36 PM »

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963938113387/

Ingredients

Meat
• 1 lb Ground beef
Produce
• 1 Baby romaine lettuce
• 2 tsp Thyme, dried
Refrigerated
• 1 Egg, large
Condiments
• 16 tsp Catsup
• 1 Dill pickles
• 8 Green olives
• 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
Baking & Spices
• 1/8 tsp Black pepper
• 1/2 tsp Salt
Oils & Vinegars
• 4 tbsp Cooking oil
Bread & Baked Goods
• 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
• 4 Hamburger buns
Dairy
• 4 Cheese, slices

Oreo & Reese’s Bats

How to make Oreo & Reese’s Bats for Halloween!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963938136764/

Ingredients

• Oreos
• Reese’s Minis
• Melted Dark chocolate
• Candy eyes
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10537 on: October 26, 2023, 02:08:34 PM »

tsk - LOL

((tig)) - I am so very sorry to hear about Zeus....Big hugs!  Stunning fall colors from Camper.

Phyl - Love the pic of the fish eagle.

Lani - Hope Mike made it home safely.

baz - You are doing great with your walks!

Have a good night, everyone!

Lisa, thanks!  :)  I have to report on my walks to keep myself honest. LOL!  ;D  Cold, or windy weather, will present a couple of hurdles for me. My eyes do not deal with wind very well, in any temperature.  And cold temps (with or without wind) is very difficult for my eyes to handle. I often wear wrap-around sunglasses to help with wind, and when it's cold. I might have to go ahead and get some ski goggles, or something similar. Also, I have eustachian tube dysfunction, which you know all-too-well about, and I get real problems with my ears in very cold temps if I don't keep them well protected. I have a couple of very warm headbands I use to cover my ears, but I would prefer to use ear muffs. But I have had a devil of a time finding ear muffs anymore that fit my head without giving me a headache, and that I'm not allergic to (can't be made of wool, or mohair, or any form of animal hair).  There's no way I can just order them online - I have to try them on. I'm done with buying ear muffs that I end up not being able to wear, and then finding someone to give them t.  ::)  But I'm going to try to still make my walks happen regularly this winter, even if I skip a day here and there. We'll see how that goes... LOL.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10538 on: October 26, 2023, 02:11:19 PM »

BAZI   Clapping hands for you  ;) ;)

So 3 years ago we sold our Door County home and of course had to bring back everything that was there.  This meant all kinds of tools and Tim's "stuff".   I got tired of asking him to go through it ( I think he can't begin a project like that - too overwhelming)  so I've been working in small blocks of time to condense ( 3 plastic storage boxes of weather stripping for instance) and making shelf room in an organized fashion.  That went pretty well,  Then there were the tools!
I emptied his basement tool box - under penalty of divorce - and sorted all the tools ( not counting our current junk drawer and the garage tool box) and I had a pile of 25 flat head screwdrivers and about a dozen Phillips head screwdrivers, 6 tape measures, about 6 files, about 2 dozen wrenches - The list goes on and on!!   Bottom line he gave me about half of the screwdrivers to give away and some wrenches LOLOL  The only thing there was 1 of was a pocket size "level".  CLYNN  I've been thinking a lot about ED  LOLOL

TSK, thanks.  :) LOL on Tim's tools and duplications.  :D :D  You did a great job of sorting through and organizing them!!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #10539 on: October 26, 2023, 02:16:32 PM »

Baz - the bomb - 180's for the ears.   ;D

https://180s.com/collections/women-womens-ear-warmers
U. S. A.

baziunc

« Reply #10540 on: October 26, 2023, 02:20:08 PM »

Clynn, I hope ((Ed)) is feeling better...  :)  especially now that you're home and can take care of that To-Do List!!  ;D  I love the pics of the kids and The Munchkins at the Pumpkin Patch. It looks like it was gorgeous weather and loads of fun!!  I think Lori's Destini would like to join Talon and Bella on that tractor, too!  ;) :D 

baziunc

« Reply #10541 on: October 26, 2023, 02:42:57 PM »

Clynn, omigosh! What wonderful pictures from your recent trip. I know I've said it before... you, your sisters, and your mom, have such a strong family resemblance!  Precious memories made, and fun times for sure!  :) :-*

BL, wowie on the beautiful Paddle-in-the-Pickle day for you, Pip, and Kopje! Zero wind, for sure on that flat calm lake. I call that sky cotton candy sky, too, and sometimes, popcorn. Reminds me of a Georgia O'Keeffe sky in a piece of hers on my wall.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10542 on: October 26, 2023, 02:49:10 PM »

CLYNN  Went back and looked at all the pics closely.  Do you look most like your Mom?  Did you happen to get a pic of the girls and Mom together?

KB  Awesome show of color in that drone view of "your forest"   Take a potato cut in half and push into broken bulb and unscrew.  I see I was too late for me potato fix.  ;)   Can you google solutions???  Youtube solutions??

LISA   Oh no for (((Bradley))).  I'm glad to hear young folk can trip over cats as well as us seniors. BUT the fx is not good dominant hand no less- could have been worse tho.

LANI  Loved your AM post about the death of the pumpkin  LOL   I usually get 7 hours of sleep and that is fine.  I missed my favorite early AM hours today  LOL   Such an interesting report on the albies.  Poor YRK who would have to fly off and not breed this year if no suitor appears.

PHYL  Cute monster burgers  ;) ;)   Clever bats  ;)

BAZI  What about a "deer hunter" hat as I call them - all different styles but flaps come down to cover your ears.  I use mine to snow blow as my ears are also sensitive to wind and cold.  Just looking at Amazon - Lots to choose from yet like you say - you would like to try on.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10543 on: October 26, 2023, 02:58:50 PM »

tsk - na, but thanks. the thingy at the top of the light bulb, metal, fried against the fixture....it's a no go....we tried everything.

Weird how a light bulb can wreck your whole fan/hood/light above a stove....

Ha, my go to hat...I call it a Fargo hat...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 03:00:52 PM by kbshcb »

Lani

« Reply #10544 on: October 26, 2023, 04:29:41 PM »

Kb, Great Hat! Then call an electrician or maybe Andrew can help you.  ;D