Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 578960 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9930 on: October 08, 2023, 06:40:44 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Oct 8, 2023 6:39 AM
Camera Time: Oct 8, 2023 6:39 AM CDT
Birchwoman

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9931 on: October 08, 2023, 07:43:17 AM »

HI BEAKERS

Down for the count yesterday after Friday's Covid shot.  I will never, ever take another one. Horrible reaction.  Lots to catch up on. :o

BL  WOW  What a trip.  Sounds like you had some kind of weather and great guides.  How did Pip do in all of this?

OLDGUY   Loved the cats and baby videos  ;D

KB  Dog petting horse  ;D   Perfect name for the secretary bird  :)  I would never have guess it was a raptor.

CLYNN   Thanks for the summary on SWFL    Think I learned on FB they will from now on be named with the year the came to the nest F23/ M15

LORI   As always a delicious treat at the end of your post  ;D

T40   That 3rd one had some really wild kitties  ;D    Noah and the lions  LOLOLOLOL    That falcon/pelican was definitely a prize winner - Right place at the right time.

LISA  Sydney's eyes - Stunners  :-*

KAREN   Good to hear the hazardous pile has been removed.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9932 on: October 08, 2023, 08:28:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

https://therecipecritic.com/glazed-apple-maple-blondies/
Phyl, love the Nature 365, so eerie and peaceful... Newman and Lisa and the Flyway, all good. Peace, what we need most in this world... Will see the kids today!

kb, the Secretary bird looks like hot stuff in the bird world! I believe she is strutting!

Lani, I am also hoping that you have a wet winter in the Tonto Forrest! The kids will be here today, I have their 'prizes all lined up on the toy box. They love that Flarp (the noise putty that makes fart sounds) and it eventually gets yukky after they have had their hands in it . I got a great buy of 14 new containers of it on eBay, they get new ones today! They both go on and on playing with it, making farts!  Glad to hear Mike is good, does he go out of town again soon?

tsk, oh no, and you didn't have any reaction to the previous shots? Well, that's interesting on SWFL naming the eagles! I bet the watchers will still call F23 Lady. I had to go back and look, I didn't think M15 appeared that long ago, I thought the name was because he was the 15th male to court Harriet. But it WAS 2015 when he appeared!

T40, thanks for all the good entertainment, funny! Loved the Beat it! and the Tony Baker Voiceover!  What a picture of the falcon and the pelican! I hope both flew off...

Lisa, Sydney is going to be a real beauty! She just looks so sweet!

Lori, thanks for the goodies! Hope you bring more today! Miss ya!

karen, finally the yard is free of the tree pile!

baz, I really miss having the Munchkins on Wednesdays! They will be here today!

Eastern Screech Owls

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9933 on: October 08, 2023, 08:52:15 AM »

Hi Puff!

Tig - Sparrows! ::)

Karen - Good that they have removed some of the stuff and that it looks like your sprinklers are okay  :)

Lori - Like the 'caturday' gifs yesterday!

LisaG - Darling pic of Sydney!  Cute little autumn printed outfit!  Happy you had a nice visit  :)

T40 - Amazing photo of Peregrine Falcon & Pelican.

Baz - Yes, we are getting a break today from those high temps! :)  We were able to feel cool air through our open windows during the night!

Lani - Sounds like a nice weekend and that Mike is enjoying some good games!  :)   Glad the girls are fine. :)

Kb - Never seen a bird like that - and that it is a raptor!  Good job in how you've been preparing for winter - you are quite a working girl!

Phyl - Your temp is much cooler today!  Like Nature's night observation.  Beautiful MS Flyway River cam pic  :)

Tsk - Yikes on the covid shot reaction - thank you for saying what you did about it. 

Clynn - Yaay happy you will see the Munchkins today - and they will get some new Flarp!   Glad you looked into M15, as I wasn't aware that he appeared in 2015 - good to know!! ;D

OG - Did you have cards last night - if so, hope you did well!

Beakers enjoy your Sunday  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #9934 on: October 08, 2023, 08:59:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Sydney does have quite a few Halloween onesies, so she is ready.   :)  Glad to hear that the pines were removed.

T40 - Wow, the falcon and pelican pic!  Looks like that falcon is banded, too!

baz - I am glad Jeff is feeling better, too.  He didn't want to get too close to Sydney tho, just in case it wasn't kidney stones and maybe a 24hr stomach bug? 

Phyl - Thanks for kind words on Sydney.  :D Thanks for the 365.

Lani - I see ALOT of Bradley in her, but in certain pics she looks like Kelly. 

kb - The Secretary Bird, very pretty.

tsk - Thank you for kind words on Sydney.   :)  Oh no, sorry about the Covid shot.  I hope you are feeling better now after the reaction.

clynn - Thanks for kind words on Sydney.  :)  Saving that recipe, looks yummy!  Smart cars  ;D  Those things just never looked safe to me!  Hit from behind by a tractor trailer, and you go rolling down the highway like a pinball!

E4E - Thank you!  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9935 on: October 08, 2023, 09:49:58 AM »

some bounce
So sorry you got sick TSK. We get our shot Thursday. Talons crossed.

HAGD all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #9936 on: October 08, 2023, 10:14:05 AM »

Tsk, what brand of covid shot and what kind of reaction!  Am getting ready to make an appointment and just curious!   Rather have one or two down days from a reaction than a week plus of tge disease, I am thinking!  I HAD A SLIGHT 2 day reaction to the rsv vac and read it was my body getting ready to fight the virus!   Sorry and I did wonder where you were!

57 degrees here at 9 am!  Brrrr!   Going to 74 today and tomorrow to 78!  Then, 70s to 80s and so it goes for a while!  Get warmer clothes out!

Well, you reap what you sow, so the saying goes!  Tig has baby grass!   Yea,

Clynn, have fun with the kiddies today!

Have been meaning to say that I never watched the cartoons you have been talking about!   I know about them but since I am older than dirt I was too old when they came out!

Off to do some things before I check in with a few football games and throw in a small load of laundry! 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9937 on: October 08, 2023, 11:40:54 AM »

{{{Tsk}}} sorry you had a reaction, feel better soon. Sending gentle hugs and prayers.
I thought of you when I found this, Enjoy! 
:-*

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Tig, Puff  :)

Eagles It's nice having Mike home. He was extra tired after this trip... and we're finally able to spend some time talking and catching up with what's going on.... We're having a cloudy morning with light rain. It finally feels like fall. I hope your temps will become cooler. You and Kris have a nice day too.  :-*

Clynn, dying of laughter over here! Your fun day you have planned with the kids! Mike will be home or in AZ at least until the 5th of November, then he goes back to Louisiana for the work week.... love the owls.

{{{Hugs Karen}}} just read Clynn's post to you about the pick up of the tree pile. YAY! Enjoy your cooler temps for a bit.

{{{Hugs Kb}}} Love the Secretary Bird strutting its stuff!  As the KC Chiefs might be doing today too! ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9938 on: October 08, 2023, 01:33:42 PM »

Baz, I knew we had something in common!  Honeymoon in Key West. Eating conch!  Had a bunch of shrimp as well!   Lol

The 6 ft. Plus wall of pine trees that made exiting from my drive way a hazard was removed last week or the first of this week.  The top of the tree from across the street  that blocked two streets  was moved Friday morning long with a small pile of stuff some one put there. It  is all finally off my property and my lawn guy checked the sprinkler heads yesterday and said they looked good!  On to another project!

Karen, great minds think alike.  ;D  I'm sooo glad I got to "do Key West" while it still had all its funky flavor, before it was so crowded and commercialized.  I also spent a Thanksgiving holiday there with my parents about 10 years before returning on my honeymoon! The honeymoon trip was a lot more fun!  ;) ;D  Glad all that storm debris is gone now, and your sprinkler system is a-ok!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9939 on: October 08, 2023, 01:47:29 PM »

CLYNN   I thought the same thing about the naming but 2015 was only 7 yrs ago and that seemed too long to me but must be right.    Yes I react to most boosters and vaccines but not as bad as this one..  Screech owls  Baby so cute trying to get a peek at the world beyond.   Flarp  ::) ::)   Have a fun day - What's for dinner?

LISA  Back to normal today.  I know that because I wanted coffee this AM  LOLOL

TIG   I think most people do great -My SIL at best feels a bit achy and tired.  You'll be fine.  I reacted badly to shingles and the first 2 Covid but am used to the flu shots now  LOL

KAREN   My Covid shots in the beginning were Pfizer  - this one was Moderna.  Don't know if that had anything to do with it.  Pfizer doesn't have one yet I'm told.

LANI  Love that natural sculpture and the wonder of nature at work.  :)   Good to hear Mike will be "home" for a couple weeks.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9940 on: October 08, 2023, 02:04:08 PM »

{{{Tsk}}} Just read your post as I was typing this one. But still...  so sorry to read about your  bad CoVid reaction.    🙏 's  for a speedy recovery
  I've read lots about this new vax that's contradictory. Enough to give one pause.

CLynn  Yeah! A visit from the Munchkins , Sydney and Erin. No doubt you'll have loads of fun. Looking forward to some snaps .  Sooooo funny  'Smart car' and farts.
Eastern Screech Owls photo another funny. Thanks

E4E I think this past weekend will have me thinking thick  socks in the house  instead of slides. 'Our'  Indian Summer  here in Tenn, may have arrived last week--- instead of later this month. Enjoyed your AM gif

Lisa macaroons and hot cocoa  :) .   Maggie's put on 2lbs this past week---finally found  a tuna formula that sets easy on her tummy---the Hills kd in Tuna/veg stew.
She looks great  ;)

Tig/Camper sure hope you two do well with the new CoVid vax. Please let us know which manufacturer you recieve and how y'all do with it.  Oooops. Just saw that  Tsk answered that.

Karen hurrah that pile of tree limbs is gone.  Have fun watching the games today.

Hi Bazi
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 02:08:14 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9941 on: October 08, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

((TSK)), oh gosh, I'm so sorry you had a bad reaction, and glad you're much better today! Pfizer does have a new covid shot! Both Moderna and Pfizer's new Fall covid shots were approved at the same time, the 2nd week of September.  I get my new covid shot this coming Thursday. All of mine, so far, have been Moderna, and the one I'm getting Thursday is Moderna, also. Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Clynn, I want one of those apple maple blondies!! LOL on the Flarp! There was nothing more fun when I was a kid than making all different kinds of fart sounds with other kids - non-stop hilarity! We had the Whoopee cushions of course, and we all learned how to make those sounds using our armpits and "knee pits."  ;D ;D :o  Wish we had Flarp back then - it would've been so much easier!  LOL! Have a blast with the Munchkins today!  :D

Lisa, does that mean Jeff is all back to normal now? I hope he's all better.  :)

Lani, I love that pic of the beautiful emerging Monarch and the natural materials small child watching.  :)

I have the Saints v. Patriots game on behind me - just checking on it from time to time. It's been a one-sided game so far, in favor of the Saints.  I'll be watching the KC Chiefs' game, which starts after the Saints' game, and will be pulling for the Chiefs.  I'm a big Coach Reid, and Mahomes, and Kelce fan! Taylor won't be there, so no Traylor or Swelce camera shots during the game today. LOL!  :D

Have a good afternoon, Beakers!  :)

The World Needs Peace.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #9942 on: October 08, 2023, 03:03:44 PM »

Go Saints!
Have had pfizer covid vacs all the time and will make an appointment at Walgreens for one this week!  Both Walgreens and cvs have it here!  Publix has one by a different company that is new to the game!
Hi Lani!

kbshcb

« Reply #9943 on: October 08, 2023, 03:12:14 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1710775113379901622

I just love this...a "lincoln log house" for real.....I grew up with a house that looked like this just 3 houses away from me in the woods.

Maybe BL could make one of these?

Skol Vikings!....sorry, Lani ;)

Puff

« Reply #9944 on: October 08, 2023, 04:15:41 PM »

Got your "hi" E4E Nice to hear from you.

Enjoy that warmth.  I spent 3 hours outside - had a hot chocolate when I got in.  Got chilled especially when I clean the fountain of leaves.  Had to unclog it.  Now need a hot tea.  Low 50s here.  Closer to 60 tomorrow.

Hi to Lani, too.

Enjoy to all!

P