Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 577327 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9000 on: September 12, 2023, 04:20:26 PM »

((((  TSK  ))))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #9001 on: September 12, 2023, 05:19:13 PM »

Oh tsk!  So sorry and hope you did not crack a bone in your face or elsewhere!  I have only fallen the one time!  Knock on wood.  Actually I do not walk enough to fall, most days.  When I fell, I was standing still and just sat down on the concrete floor in the garage!  Pretty sure I had a sudden drop in Blood pressure.
I was thinking about the crucifixion when you mentioned blood dripping as you walked along!  Lolol, but not really funny!  I am so sorry!  Keep the aleve handy!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9002 on: September 12, 2023, 06:03:07 PM »

{{{Oh Tsk}}} I'm so sorry, sending you prayers dear one.   :(

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9004 on: September 12, 2023, 07:38:10 PM »

Puff - Happy you are receiving correspondence and I know you will see to the best in everything.

LisaG - No TMI!  You are so kind.

Tig - We too have taken steps in taking care of our last wishes, but we still have lots more to do!  No one likes to do this (planning), but we are part way there.

Lani - Thank you for keeping us up with the Albatross'  :)  Like your post to Puff. :-*  Happy your bee stings are so much better now.

Tsk - We stayed in Kaanapali in Maui back in 2007. :)   Oh no Tsk - so sorry for your tumble today. :(   You mention a 'Lol', but it is no laughing matter.  I truly hope you are going to be okay and that you just need time for healing.  Usually the worst soreness is felt the next day!  Please take care. {{Tsk}}

Bazi - Can you say what type of work you did where you were in security situations too like LisaG's Jeff?  You don't need to say where, as I know you are private.  If you don't want to say, that is completely fine!   Sounds like you will enjoy a delicious meal for dinner! :)

Kb - Wow!! ::)  All those Dragonflies are amazing!!!  Thanks for pic.

Oldguy - Hubby watched both links you provided the other day with regards for Deloreans and he said to say a big 'Thank you'!!!  He really enjoyed the link on the Jimmy Kimmel show!!!   He appreciated both links, but really laughed & enjoyed the JK show!!

Beakers have a good evening.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9005 on: September 12, 2023, 07:42:09 PM »

CLynn the photos of you and your sisters are much too small to see detail. Thanks for sharing. So sad about the  Stewarts store---there went a bit of local
                   history. And yes the first year of my 7th grade PE class we wore thosd same jump suits that snapped. And, the boys would run up and rip them open
                   just enough to see our bras. Our teacher put a stop to that really fast! In more ways than one too.

{{{Tsk}}} bubble wrap for you Kid-O!  Mercy, mercy!   Some spill---yep your hands and the rest of you are gonna be 'tender' in AM. If not sooner. Prayers for healing.
 That Teddy looks much like the one from Toy Story (2 or 3 ) only think 'he' was purple

Lisa my high school biology class took a field trip to a medical college in LA. The cadavers were all people who had donated themselves.  :-X
                 But then how else are 'they' gonna learn .    Coffee pot seen alot of fires.

E4E nah! We can wait 'till  Delorean is finished.

Oh no Tig! forgetting the house keys! Good thing Camper was home. I bet he didn't mind letting  you inside

Karen/Puff
correspondance from Maui-tks for sharing

Lani tks for the Royal's update, videos and snaps.  We all love Maanaki  and the other RA chicks.
 Wow! I'm doing the same with Samantha's, Mitch, Mike and when time comes Maggie. Someone's gonna have to drive me to the Mojave Desert and park in Eagle Mtn. Ca on the deserted block  at house 1118 Cottonwood Drive  and throw me to the winds at sunset on a hot summer night.

KB great dragon fly snap---looks like an invasion of sorts
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9008 on: September 12, 2023, 07:52:22 PM »

Sending a "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9009 on: September 12, 2023, 10:04:37 PM »

(((TSK))), oh no! I'm so sorry about your fall. Yes, I agree with you, the shock and surprise of it is always such a big thing! Getting stunned. The hurting comes after, but not by much. I hope no cheekbone fracture. I know you must be terribly sore, and swollen and bruised in spots, too. Glad your glasses didn't break... or your wrist! I'm glad the meds help, and hope the soreness goes away quickly.  Hugs.  It sounds like you're a pretty healthy eater!  I started eating like that some years ago. I sort of got into the science of nutrition a bit, too. I have a couple of chronic autoimmune health kinds of things, and discovered I feel much better overall with that kind of diet, so it is self-motivating in that way. Thankfully, I've never been a picky eater, and I really like eating foods like that. The overall healthier aspect of it is important, too - maybe more so now that I'm older, I guess. I still take too many opportunities to get my junk food fix in. LOL ;D  But in general, I have moved to more nutritious eating habits with thoughtfully chosen whole foods, or very minimally processed foods, and very few packaged items. I just don't like calling it food anymore if the list of ingredients is several lines long, and almost all of it isn't food! I really do feel better when I eat better.

E4E, that was when I worked in Systems Development at the corporate headquarters of a large bank. Keeping other people's big and small business and personal financial doings safe requires top security and confidentiality. There is also a lot of theft (attempts) and subterfuge in high tech environments, so there was no such thing as going overboard in security procedures.

Have a good night, Beakers. SED. Peace.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 04:59:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #9010 on: September 12, 2023, 10:43:01 PM »

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/video-of-alpaca-visiting-starbucks-drive-thru-in-hudson-goes-viral

Oh Tig, LOL! What a cutie! I bet that's a first for Starbucks! I love the crowd of employees with iphones ready to take pics!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #9011 on: September 12, 2023, 11:25:00 PM »

somebody caught a great pic of the dragonfly's migrating I mentioned the other day....I didn't...

Kb, I've never seen a gathering of Dragonflies. That's what you called it right?  A Gathering?

Lani

« Reply #9012 on: September 13, 2023, 12:56:10 AM »

Baz, School years goes by too fast, very best wishes for LGN! Delicious early supper & Pinot Grigio! Yum!  ;D ... Lil bro   ;D and LGN looks confident and ready!  ;D

{{{Tsk}}} I'm so glad your glasses didn't break and you didn't break a wrist or anything else, hoping you are comfortable and praying you won't be too sore tomorrow, lots of healing prayers.  :-*

Tsk, Karen I'll miss Manaaki, he's a character and he's been fun to watch. His parents have been attentive and he's been given lots of food to set him up for his long trip across the seas to the western part of the South American coast to live for the next four or more years.

{{{SED Eagles}}}   8)

Phyl, I took a look at your chosen spot on Eagle Mountain CA... it's so far from your beautiful Bluebirds. Thanks for the LiveScience articles.

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Morocco

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

kbshcb

« Reply #9013 on: September 13, 2023, 04:44:04 AM »

Yes Lani. A gathering. and I've never seen one like it before either...it truly was phenomenal and like I said I was sure they would hit me but they didn't!

Phyl

« Reply #9014 on: September 13, 2023, 06:27:06 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently 65F   High  81F   partly sunny,  Low 57F  Humidity 94%.

This last Wednesday, 9-6-23,  Jim had his annual with all the usual blood work. On the 9th he got a
call from his doc's office saying there was an 'anomaly' in his blood test results. And, that
Doc want Jim back in his office for a 're-do'.   Jim did that right after work Monday afternoon.
We are waiting for results.
I know about blood an anomalies having one myself with the ITP. And, my Dad dying from two separate blood cancers---Multiple Myeloma and (Pre) Leukemia .
Back in the '80s treatment was very different  with  blood transfusions as a stand out. 
The blood cancers are my greatest concern. I saw how my dad suffered especially in the end with bone pain so intense that he couldn't stand being touched or even laying in bed medicated with morphine. And the emotional roller coaster/stress my mother hid from the world and him---hearing her sob as she prayed before bed every night.
At any rate Jim said doc's office will call---we'll hear tomorrow sometime. If they call during Jim's working hours, he'll call  them. But, as they know he can't  take calls at Publix. I'm sure we'll hear late afternoon.     :-\

(((TsK)))
how are you feeling/doing this morning? Can you use your hands at all?

(((Lani))) I hope you're doing better everyday

Prayers for: Lahaina ,  Maui, HI  ;All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My alter list of requests and concerns.
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary  and Earthquake in Morocco;
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 06:28:45 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan