Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 575997 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9015 on: September 13, 2023, 06:29:52 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway says 'Good Morning'

Sep 13, 2023 6:28 AM
Camera Time: Sep 13, 2023 6:27 AM CDT
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9016 on: September 13, 2023, 06:51:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, oh we are going to miss Manaaki! He is definitely a character, we have all enjoyed watching him grow up! I had to look up Toroa, had not heard that term before! Love the video of the ringing of the bells for the return of the Toroa! Wow, you can really tell how huge the chicks are when they pick them up to weigh! I think the word would be swarm, for most groups of insects...  Sweet kitty...

baz, good for you and changing your eating habits for the good! I need to drink more water, are you a big water drinker? I think it has helped karen a lot! Lil' Punkin off to school, that looks like a nice place, doesn't look like most schools. I worked for a financial company too, the security was very high, of course. All of a sudden one year they went into beefing up the security, we had to lock everything up if we weren't actually sitting at our desk, no papers could be laying around! They had people to check desks regularly and big no-no if you failed! This was after we had to pass through two security doors to even get to our desk.

Phyl, interesting article on the James Webb telescope. The buildings in Morocco, wonder how many of those types of buildings there are in the 'old' world, just waiting to crumble. Eagle Mountain ghost town, a beautiful area.  Did your Dad work in the iron mine? Bogey, Beanie, Max, Emma and Honey so far will go with me when the time comes. Oh those boys in high school! Didn't we think the boys our age were so childish? Lovely sunrise on the Flyway! Praying for Jim's anomaly turns out to be something simple and easy to take care of. A favorite cousin died 4 years ago from Multiple Myeloma, he fought it for several years. It was very debilitating, he was only 54, so sad for him and for your Dad and your Mom.

tig, cute video of the little Alpaca getting a treat at the drive through! The staff looks like they all gathered to get a look at the cutie!

tsk, sorry to hear that you had a fall. Dang! You are probably very sore today, hope tomorrow is better...

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Betty Teller-Peters Fagen - September 13, 2023 - WBSE SYDNEY ♥️♥️

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9017 on: September 13, 2023, 07:05:43 AM »

55-67  mostly sunny  Fall is in the air.  :)'

I'm golden this AM - just don't ask me to do a push up   ::) ::)  Left arm and shoulder blade soreness - I'm blessed  ;D

PHYL   Thanks for the geography lesson on Morocco.  The planet will never be static.   Rough end of life for your Dad and Mom too suffering with him of course.  Serene sunrise on the flyway. :)  Prayers for a good blood test result for Jim.

BAZI  Can't go wrong eating real food.  ;) ;)  Sweet tuckered out Lil Bro  :-*  What a beautiful environment for the kindergarten.  :o

LANI   Migration habits are so interesting.  Wonder why they go there and then go back after so much time.  They need to wear " map my flight"  LOL

CLYNN   " the words of the prophets"... ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9018 on: September 13, 2023, 07:34:01 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1256967467332587520
Watch this slo mo vid of a beautiful peacock flying up to a tree.

Morning all...a cool 47 degrees at the moment. I brought my anthurium inside last night....just for one day as mornings will once again be much warmer going forward....I left my 2 other tropicals outside and should be fine for a few hours close to the house.

tsk happy to hear you will survive....but but, didn't we all promise that there would be no further falls in the Beak? ;) ;)..somehow you broke it, LOL
All will need to come inside shortly though.

PA escaped prisoner in custody!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 07:40:41 AM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #9019 on: September 13, 2023, 08:55:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - That same thought from paulie crossed my mind when I read that tsk had fallen.  I thought there was supposed to be no more Beaker falls.   ;D  So glad the PA escapee was caught.  Wow, the pic of the gathering!

{{{tsk}} - I am so glad that you did not break anything with your fall.  I hope your arm and shoulder soreness goes away quickly. 

clynn - Love all of your pics this morning.  The Sydney kids are getting big!

Phyl - Hope Jim gets good news from his blood work re-do.  Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.  Pretty Flyway pic this morning. 

Lani
- Love the good night kitty pic, so sweet.  Thanks for keeping us up to date with the Royals.   :-*

baz - Great pics of the lil greats!  Did Punkin have a good first day?  Your dinner sounded delish.  Yep, your workplace sounded exactly like Jeff's does. 

E4E:D

tig - Aww, the alpaca at Starbucks.

kbshcb

« Reply #9020 on: September 13, 2023, 09:08:53 AM »

Just heard the HOUND got him!....after thermal readings located his general area...yah Canines!
Shepherd of Malinois.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 09:20:59 AM by kbshcb »

clynndunn

« Reply #9021 on: September 13, 2023, 09:29:29 AM »

kb, can you provide the link to the news about the Malinois dog locating Cavalcante? I relayed that info to a friend who says no dogs were involved in the capture and I can't find anything about it. I want to prove her wrong!  Thanks!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9022 on: September 13, 2023, 09:46:14 AM »

Slight drizzle this morning - current 55 - high of 67

Tig - The Alpaca vid is the cutest!!!! ;D

Hi Lani  :)

Phyl - Sending thoughts & prayers for Jim.  Hoping the results from Monday's redo has some good news for Jim.  Pretty pic out at Mississippi River Flyway.

Baz - Thank you for your reply - much security needed for such important jobs like this!   Sweet pic of little bro  :)    Your littlest GN looks so pretty on her way into Kindergarten :)

Clynn - What are you up to today, as this is Wednesday and the kids are in school. :)  Like the Sydney Sea Eagle pic  :)

Tsk - You have good reason to take it easy today! ;)

Kb - Beautiful vid of peacock - thank you!

LisaG -  :)

We are leaving later to go to the Santa Cruz County Fair (Watsonville, CA).  It opens today at noon and it is discount entry fee today for Seniors. :)   We've not been in years, so looking forward to it! 8)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

clynndunn

« Reply #9023 on: September 13, 2023, 10:03:22 AM »

E4E, I am working on my eBay stuff, taking pictures and listing. No fun anymore...  ::) ::)I hauled a load of stuff to Goodwill yesterday. I just keep chugging along... Miss the Munchkins, but I did have them most of the day Saturday, also Friday for Kelsey's birthday and Sunday they were here for a couple of hours while Erin cleaned my floors. Erin will make sure they are here at least every week I suspect! Have a wonderful time at the Fair!

tsk, maybe you fell just right and won't be too sore! When I was getting in the shower yesterday I slipped but caught myself! I had picked up the rubber mat and relocated it, it had slid down to the edge of the drain. I stepped on it before it suctioned itself to the tub! Another thing to watch! I am ready to get the conversion to a walk in.   ::) ::)

Lisa, look at this Halloween outfit!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9024 on: September 13, 2023, 10:32:41 AM »

Clynn,
Police dog subdued escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante during capture, state police say
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2023/09/police-dog-subdued-escaped-prisoner-danelo-cavalcante-during-capture-state-police-say.html
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #9025 on: September 13, 2023, 10:37:05 AM »

Clynn,
Police dog subdued escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante during capture, state police say
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2023/09/police-dog-subdued-escaped-prisoner-danelo-cavalcante-during-capture-state-police-say.html

Thanks Lani!....I was out on my walk with Ollie man. Just returned...I watched the same news during the press conference...

Eagles4 - my sis and her hubby have made it a goal to hit county fairs most weekends this summer in Minnesota!...they have a new granddaughter that I think they indulge in plus all the other stuff and food!..
Quite an accomplishment I thought. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:41:11 AM by kbshcb »

karengramke

« Reply #9026 on: September 13, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »

Love the Alpaca at the drive up!  Must live near by!
Cant see Sydney in that giraffe outfit!  Lol!  The hat is too big!
High today of 89 but dew point of 71. No 90s showing for the  next 10 days!  Yea!
Tsk take care and rest !  Do you have some pain cream to rub on your shouldrr or a salon pas?

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9027 on: September 13, 2023, 12:31:33 PM »

It was 52 this morning a bit chilly and foggy after a midnight rain. Pulled out the sweatshirt and jeans for our morning walk today!
A great start to the beginning of an Indian Summer my favorite time of the year!  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Read about the Royal Albatross-Toroa
https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/

Migration and foraging trips
Renowned ocean wanderers, royal albatross travel vast distances from their breeding grounds to feed – as much as 190,000 km a year. Royal albatross range throughout the Southern Ocean and are most commonly seen in New Zealand coastal waters during winter.

Birds have been banded on Campbell Island since the early 1940s. Returned bands show young birds and nonbreeders migrate to southern South American waters and back to New Zealand.

In other work, satellite transmitter packages developed by French, British and Australian researchers were used to track the birds’ flight paths. Signals were monitored by satellite and the information used to learn more about the birds while at sea. One bird travelled 13,000 kilometres during a two-week foraging trip.

The following map shows GPS tracks of three adult breeding birds during their foraging trips from Taiaroa Head. They were tracked between February and May 2012.

Kb, beautiful peacock. Enjoy your walk with Ollie.

Hi Lisa ;D

Eagles, you and Kris have a safe trip and fun day at the fair!!  ;D

{{{Tsk}}} glad to hear your golden, no push ups required  ;D .... just a bit of rest and TLC :-* ... Royal Albatross Rangers had a tracker on Tiaki two years ago and followed her around the Campbell Islands then to the coast of Chile.

{{{Phyl}}} prayers for Jim..

Clynn, Do you like ice tea? I didn't drink much water in my younger years. I improved to drinking over 12 cups of water a day, by diluting the ice tea and adding a lemon slice. Now I can drink a nice cup of hot water with lemon slice at night. So, I'm drinking water throughout the day.... sweet Sea Eagle pic.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9028 on: September 13, 2023, 02:19:21 PM »

KB  First for me seeing a peacock fly  :o   You are right - I obviously was not up to the pressure of the "3s"  ::) ::)  I must have missed the conversation on the Malinois and Cavalcante I just googled it  I see LANI posted the link

EAGLES  Enjoy the Fair - should be a lot of fun. ;D

CLYNN  Walk-ins can be slippery too - My conditioner makes it slippery so I dry the base before Tim would use it.

KAREN   Yes, using a topical cream - Everything is good. ;)

LANI   I remember seeing those charts of Tiaki in Chili.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9029 on: September 13, 2023, 02:50:08 PM »

tsk - I'm still not sure if the Canine was a German Shepherd or a Malinois....some conflate the two.
Either way, it was a canine...the person at the Press Conference didn't know which it was either.

I fear for these K9 dogs all the time.....some are killed for their service and I hate that....other times they provide an invaluable service..as in this case, the dog bit the escapees head and prevented him from using the stolen rifle he had on him.

In another conversation I hate that historic buildings are destroyed...I hate it...it's our world's history.
And, many times it's humans that change them...not nature.
Take Detroit for example...those beautiful building that still "live" after the '67 riots provide us with beauty and history..hopefully, they never are razed.
I fear Minneapolis which doesn't revere it's historic buildings will end in a different place. :(