Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1027378 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8685 on: September 02, 2023, 04:43:40 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8686 on: September 02, 2023, 04:50:34 PM »

LANI   Cute pic  Peek-a -boo or scared?  LOL   That should be a good project for me this winter and get the story from the beginning and not hit and miss as I did.  I'm making a list of winter things to do besides my jigsaws  LOL   Thanks for your assessment of the series. :)    I can just see Mike being vacuumed before entering the house. ;D

EAGLES      At that stage in my life I just remember how impressed I was with the castle ( I was probably about 23yrs.)  Formal gardens impressive.

KAREN   How did it go for you today?

LISA   How do you like your new shower install?

Barb should be landing about now - home from the wedding - Can't wait to hear all about it.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8687 on: September 02, 2023, 06:00:51 PM »

Housework on weekends...bah-humbug!!      Fred is a real 'snot ' of a kitty!       If 'things' come in '3's' then I've been due for a 'third' for a long time.  :o

Lisa- might be time for a margarita---haven't had one in a long time. LOL

KB will have to listen to your band tonight. Tks

Tsk your neighbors are well supplied  in tommy-toes; glad Barb landed safely---weddings are always fun to hear about with all the decor and clothes/local

E4E sweet Himalayan kitten this AM all comfy in it's hammock;  Grauman's Chinese theater, Hollywood walk of fame, Universal STudio tour, Olivera ST in LA; Sacramento state cap bldg; Brown Derby... ;D it all was such fun! Help to have relatives there.  Paul is 5th of five and the most like his dad and we get on so well.

{{{Tig}}}   Stay  on couch,  rest and heal. I'm running out of bubble wrap!!  :-*

Lani Oh that kitten's expression!  Actually... I'd rather enjoy seeing all the team helmets! So Mike's back home all safe and sound?  Vaccum cleaners wonderful  ;)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8688 on: September 02, 2023, 06:07:30 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8690 on: September 02, 2023, 06:31:40 PM »

Sending  everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .   
{{{Beakroom/Cheers}}}🙏 's 

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8691 on: September 02, 2023, 08:16:01 PM »

Happy Caturday evening!  Had a great weather day today with a high of 86 and a low tonight of 69!  Wind of 5 mph out of the ene!  Poser went off for an hour this afternoon!  Tomorrow’s high will be in the 90s and will stay there for a week or too before dropping to the high 80s.  Still summer in se Ga. But today was great! This morning I had a work crew here to clean up my yard!  They basically piled debris in spots in the yard.   The 4 man crew was a women's boyfriend and her 3 sons .   The youngest was 10 and the oldest maybe 16!  They used to be neighbors of My wonderful vet!, begore a divorce!  I have mot been able to reach my usual lawn folks as they are in the hardest hit part of the county and in Florida!  I hope they are okay and that phone service will be restored!
Piper and I are basically fine!  I found a dead tree frog on the livingroom carpet and of course Piper found the
 dead bird!   She did not react to the storm at all except to remind me that you have to pay the electric company if you want power!
Baz and bl and the weather channel and old guy and the news have covered the storm exceedingly well so I will only add that Valdosta has never had a hurricane before.  Brushes with ts and tornados but not this! I hear my town made the Chicago Tribune!  Piper and I want to thank everyone for their prayers and concern!  That sure helps!   I have lived through these in. Mobile but they were kind of expected there.

Enough!  I am sorry to read about the 3 falls and hope there is a fast and complete recovery for all! Pauli, you are lucky you did not knock your teeth out!  A friend did!  Also your eyes! Lisa, I have a no slip map in the shower, a chair, a hand held shower thingy and 2 bars inside and one outside!  I have a lot of bars in the house! And I have railing down the steps from the front porch and one hand rail from the screen porch to the patio.  Tig, do you move too fast to accomplish your list?  Remember, everything will be there tomorrow!

I have visited Rodeo drive and did make some purchases!   Great shopping.  I have been in much of California and found the weather great. Good scenery and nice people!   When I graduated from college, California was the place a lot of my friends wanted to relocate to!

More later, like tomorrow. Tsk, tell us about the wedding!

oldguy

« Reply #8692 on: September 02, 2023, 10:29:34 PM »

Almost the end of Caturday - worked today and will work tomorrow , but have Monday off...  Won 2 out of 3 in cards tonight.

High today of 92 with dew point of 67, so did not feel too bad with a breeze of 5-10... 3 more days of mid 90s - dew point in the low 60s tomorrow.
4 named storms at this time in the Atlantic - Idalia, Gert, Jose and Katia - all heading to the north in the middle of the ocean.

Videos for the evening ...

We Found The Daytime Thief Who's Eating Our Cats' Food !!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTml2FrhVWA

Car with giant bull as passenger pulled over by Nebraska police   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIR3NU3P_bU

Disturbed stops show to comfort scared girl   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-DUpvEDFA

Quarantine Kids play "Waffle House"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAFXemzqKgs
Be sure to read the description for this video....

My team won today - so here is my helmet.. ::)

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8693 on: September 03, 2023, 01:16:02 AM »

Eagles, I would love to see the Winchester House. Nice of you to take care of your neighbor's pets. Dog or cats or fish or turtles or all four?  ;D I met someone here who has a rock turtle. It hibernates in their Payson's home closet for the winter. And they leave for their winter home in Tucson.  ??? .... enjoy your weekend too!  ;D

Tsk, I wait and vacuum Mike after he's in the house. I don't want to scare the poor guy. How do you think we made it to 53 years! LOL!  ;) ... you'll enjoy all three series this winter.  ;D
Looking forward to hearing about the wedding.  :)

Phyl, I'll bring out the helmet  ;D .. awww Honey Bee, it's a sweet story, I was teary too... Bless her and her forever family :-* I couldn't get it with your link, so I cut & pasted the title and the link popped up for me.

Karen, it's great to see your post and know you and Piper are well... also, you've got good help with the cleanup and all! Dead tree frog and a dead bird  :(  ... good to know Piper wasn't frightened of the storm. Sadie would be hiding in the closet.... Take care.

Oldguy, Good night with the cards! ... one of the cutest Santi videos! LOL! Gen Z roly poly Hedgehogs, kibbles, cats and Walter! Hedgehogs really curl up tight as a button. Poor little guy or gal.  :-* ... Congrats to the Iowa Hawkeyes!  ;D

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #8694 on: September 03, 2023, 06:37:22 AM »

Happy  Sunday Everyone  ! 
Currently 69F mostly  cloudy.    High  92F sunny,  Low 70F  clear.  Pollen count is high at 65 ... and, we feel it! [/ i]     

{{{ Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{{Successful recovery from  Hurricanes Idalia  & Hilary}}} 🙏 's

Karen nice to hear from you ... that your  yard is getting cleaned up and Piper wasn't shakened by the hurricane

OG congrats on the card game;   that car Nebraska police  pulled over  with huge bull  was on FNC the first of this week... a different sort of human interest story;    enjoyed the videos; Congrats to your team

Tsk  looking for a post about the wedding

Bazi  :)

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8696 on: September 03, 2023, 07:45:24 AM »

Heading for 95 today which will break the 1999 record of 90 for today..

PHYL  Was unable to open the link to blind kitty   :(    Reading on - I'll do what Lani did for that link.  SIL Barb got in late yesterday so may talk with her today about the wedding.

KAREN  Thanks for that great report but how on earth did a tree frog end up in your living room??? Was the dead bird that Piper found outside? You vet is such a wonderful person to always look out for you and get you that crew to clean up your yard so soon.  Did you lose the food in your frig?

OLDGUY    You are good at cards and overall win more than you lose  ;) ;D   Glad to hear you don't have to Labor tomorrow.  Is Xmas up at the big box?  Great piece on the Gen Z hedgehogs  ;D ;D

LANI   Funny story about the neighbors rock turtle  Very accomodating pet.  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8697 on: September 03, 2023, 08:00:53 AM »

One of several drone pics of our Minnesota State Fair....not my cup of tea anymore...but pics were lovely.

Took a shortened walk with Ollie earlier....too dang hot out with high humidity. Looking forward to Wednesday when cooler and more average temps settle in..

Old Guy - Disturbed was so sweet to that little gir....

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8698 on: September 03, 2023, 08:13:24 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, I had to snicker at the name African Wild Ass, but it is a beautiful variety of donkey! Never heard of it or even saw a picture of one before! We will get to 97 today, as summer hopefully goes out with a bang this week! I see some 79s in the near future forecast... Love the story of Honey Bee, what a good kitty and loving human, I found a link to it also!

Lani, I am trying to picture you vacuuming Mike...  ;D

oldguy, congrats on the cards! Great Walter Santi video! Your team would be mine too, although we also root for the Clycones (Erin married into a Cyclone family...), and they also won! They came over yesterday, Erin and Bella in Hawkeyes wear and Sydney and Talon in Clyclones wear - it's a family thing!

tsk, I am also making a list of things to get done this winter! Hmmm, I have only heard of the '3 rule' linked to deaths...never heard it linked to falls!

E4E, vacuuming is how I was introduced to sciatica years ago, I vacuumed the whole house in one day and it did me in. That is why I pay Erin to clean my floors, I just can't do it! I do manage touchups between cleaning, but just a little at a time.  I would love to visit Hearst Castle, I love touring mansions! That is what we always want to do when we have a 'sisters' trip!

Lisa, sounds like you are getting better, and yes, the traffic getting somewhere on the weekends is the worst. The last time Mom was here I got some of those hand bars for the shower, and they are still in use! They do come in handy! I just read on FB that you and Jeff have been friends for 9 years!

tig, best to take it easy after a fall, you should just have a lazy Sunday...

Romeo & Juliet's Hamlet Nest - Diana Lambertson  · Gabrielle and V3 are both home at NEFL!  Woot! Woot!  Let the season begin.  And they immediately moved Samson's stick to the rails ❤

James Taylor - Jimmy Buffett invented his own character, which, in a sense we all do: invent, assemble, inherit, or fall into our inner identity. But Jimmy was the founder of an actual tribe: tens of thousands of us made our way to where he was holding court, just to be near him.
People say he was a lord of life and that’s true: somewhere between Falstaff and the pirate, Jean Laffite. But to me, my friend Jimmy Buffet was a real example of a man: no puffed up defensive macho bullshit, but a model of how to enjoy the great gift of being alive. And that’s what he shared so generously with us: a positive enthusiasm at being here. That so few of us knew how ill he was is essential Jimmy Buffett: he had no intention of burdening us with his illness.
He told me a story about him and Savannah wake surfing in a harbor somewhere: there was a huge freighter leaving port and Jimmy got the captain on the radio. The guy was a ParrotHead and he adjusted his course and speed to give Jimmy the perfect ride. And what a ride it’s been. So long old pal.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8699 on: September 03, 2023, 08:53:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

tsk - The no-slippy things worked great in the shower.  Oh, can't wait to hear about the wedding.  Did Barb go just for the day, or was she there for a few days?

Phyl - Hope you and Jim are feeling better.

karen - Glad to had some help with the storm clean-up.

oldguy - Yay on your cards, and team winning.   

clynn
- Yea, can ya believe that...FB friends for 9 years!  ;D  Great pic of JT & JB!  Hope its a good season at NEFL!

kb - Cool shot from the fair.  The hot weather is back for us this week.  We will be in the upper 90s.  Glad you got in a lil walk with Ollie.