Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1027110 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8670 on: September 02, 2023, 07:15:32 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8671 on: September 02, 2023, 07:17:39 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8672 on: September 02, 2023, 07:25:27 AM »

some bounce
Lookin for my lost shaker of salt. R.I.P. Jimmy B.

Close one this a.m. I moved my concentration to the city tree out the window... my cane was not therefore well placed and slipped off the carpeted step. Luckily I had a good grip on the railing so I managed to fall straight down to the step which left me sideways with feet in the spindles. I yelled out a bit as I tried to extricate my lower foot to stop my momentum to thwart a head first tumble. I was successful and sat for a few while my heart rate diminished and I answered Camper's query. A butt slide down two more steps put my feet on the floor. Phew. A bruise to the good ankle and a scathing "what the hell woman, concentrate!" to self. Grr
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #8673 on: September 02, 2023, 07:35:40 AM »

Oh no! {{{Tig}}} so glad this was a 'close one' ---a bruise is bad enough and to the 'good' ankle.  :(

RIP Jimmy Buffet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Buffett

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8674 on: September 02, 2023, 07:42:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!!!!!

T40 - Thanks for the videos, and enjoy your Saturday away.

Lori - Love your Fall post, and that Spriced Pumpkin Iced Latte looks delicious! 

kb - Great pic of the lady lunch. 

baz - Your sweet Italian sausage, sweet potato and squash meal sounds delish!

tsk - We are headed to Walmart after I finish this post.  I want to get a no-slip mat for the shower.  Yikes on over-doing it with the upright, but I am glad that you are feeling better. 

clynn - Awesome pics of Iris, and love the pics of the Baby Beatles!  Thanks for keeping us up to date on karen.  :)

tig - Thank you...still the same this morning, but I am gonna put a smile on my face and head to Walmart. Oh no, you took a tumble too!

Phyl - Oh my, that sounded like a terrible fall.  Yes, so sad about Jimmy Buffet!  Might be a Cheeseburger and Margarita kinda dinner in his honor!

karen - Yay on getting your power restored.  Thank heavens for linesmen!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8675 on: September 02, 2023, 07:44:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! Caturday!

Lani, glad to hear Mike made it home safely! I'm sure you had one of Mike's favorite dinners ready to go!  Harley is good at walking in front of Ed when he is headed downstairs! It's also funny when he takes the stairs so fast he only touches the steps couple of times, lickety split!

BL, some GOOD music there... try this oldie:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxjcIqCpRM 

tig, sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad you made it through relatively unscathed. Concentrate! Very sorry to hear about Jimmy Buffett...may he RIP, he provided us with some good stuff...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/09/02/jimmy-buffett-margaritaville-singer-dead/

Lisa, sorry to hear you are still hurting, maybe walking around the store will help...

Phyl, love the cat on the cabinet, kind of goes with this one:

Fred is a bad cat!  Oh, that poor kitty in the cone!

SF Bay Ospreys - Somebirdy is on the rail again this morning. (Hi, Rosie!)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 07:51:57 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8676 on: September 02, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

LANI   Welcome to the football season  ;D

PHYL   Picked 25 more Romas yesterday afternoon.  Have two places I can bring them this week  LOL   Did not hear about Jimmy Buffet. :(

KB   Thanks for the Pam clarification - that didn't look like TIG from posts of herself  LOL  Didn't know that about dogs nails.

KAREN   YAY  We have you back - Give us some details - Scary?  Did you lose frig stuff?

TIG  Do we have to wrap you in bubble wrap too??  That fall sounds horrible .  Sure hope you don't suffer too badly from that.  (((((TIG)))))

LISA   Very cute AM pic for Caturday  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8677 on: September 02, 2023, 08:08:25 AM »

https://youtu.be/uSeCuR51rek?t=20

Speaking of music. Wow!...I only found this young group yesterday..The Big Push is their name. Above is them singing "I shot the sheriff" (Bob Marley) in the streets of Britain...it's called Busking? who knew.
After a few years of street music they played in Britains largest stadiums only to end the group recently in part because one of them, Ren, has Lyme's disease...
Enjoy.

Happy Saturday all.
Tig - take care of yourself.
Heading out soon to buy food before potential crowds and of course the HEAT!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8678 on: September 02, 2023, 10:14:21 AM »

It's Caturday - morning Beakers!

Kb - I somehow overlooked reading about the squirrel inside the screen of your porch!!!  I bet that sure got Ollie excited!!  Glad it made its way back out real quick before too much happened. :o ::)   Love the pic of you & your friends!!  The menu looks so good - I probably would get the Turkey sandwich or the burger!
Love the vid of big dog baby! Lol  ;D

LisaG - Hope you feel a lil less soreness today and keep getting better each day.

Lani - Glad Mike is home and wishing you guys a wonderful Labor day weekend! 8)

I need to run for now - busy morning. BBL

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8679 on: September 02, 2023, 10:16:19 AM »

some bounce

Tnx. After an ice pack and breakfast, I did a couple things in the yard but decided an hour and a half was enough for a bit. Back inside resting.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #8680 on: September 02, 2023, 10:51:48 AM »

Good Morning :)

Very nice to see Karen's return to Beak Room.

Karen, I'm glad you and Piper are okay.

Baz, You and Zippo too.

Lisa, Sorry about your slip/fall. Take it easy. I hope your soreness is gone soon.

Tig, You too! Reading what happened to you was scary. I'm glad it wasn't worse. Use ice and rest.  ;)

My two cents if I may. The saying goes .. "Things go in 3s." So Lisa, Tig, me ... Done! The RRP Forum is now closed to all slips and falls and any mishaps.  :)

Wishing everyone in Beak Room a pleasant day and holiday weekend.
Take care. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8681 on: September 02, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »

TIG   Did a good thing with the ice.  Rest now.

PAULIE  Thanks for pointing out the "3 rule".  You are right.  Healthy week coming up for everyone  ;D

Pretty hot out there today.  Inside housework  :P
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8682 on: September 02, 2023, 12:31:13 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Paulie, LOL! Talons crossed! You mind how you go too! Have a lovely weekend. :-*

Kb, Take care out there!

Tsk, Just finished watching Morse series again, 2nd to last episode he shares his first name "Endeavor." I think the Endeavor writers did a excellent job of showing the intense relationship between Endeavor and Jim Strange, as Strange becomes his boss in the Morse series. In the Morse series, Morse has a hold on Strange that leaves the audience to wonder why? At least I did when I first watched this series many years ago...  I always thought Strange was jealous and intimidated by Morse, and Morse seemed to have general lack of respect for him, which was never explained....  And watching "Endeavor" it explains the reasons behind the complex relationship between the two men. I really enjoyed watching Morse again. I saw it through the eyes of Endeavor and why he became the solemn, curmudgeon to poor Lewis.  :)

Clynn, it's going to be a cool day, I'll make Mike his favorite dinner which is Pot Roast and potatoes.... Bee Gees  ;D .... awww RIP Jimmy Buffett... Hi Rosie, has Richmond left?

Eagles, Mike brought home lots of dusty limed covered clothes/boots. I had to vacuum his suitcase before I put it back up. LOL!

Lisa, ugh, Walmart on Labor Day Weekend... Mind how you go.  :-*

{{{Hugs Tig}}} I pray you won't be too sore later today. Take care.

Phyl, I was excited about the first game of the season. Not going to make it a weekly thing.... oh dear Fred is not a happy cat....

BL :)

{{{Karen, Piper, Baz and Zippo}}}
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #8683 on: September 02, 2023, 02:47:45 PM »

Lani - Walmart was really not that crowded, believe it or not.  It was the traffic getting there tho. 

tsk - I got my non-slippy things for the tub/shower.  Jeff is putting them in now.   :)

paulie - LOL, yes, DONE for things happening in 3's in the Beak!

tig - Glad you are not over-doing it.

E4E - Thank you, and beautiful eyes on the morning kitty.

clynn - Great pic of Rosie. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8684 on: September 02, 2023, 03:17:22 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers!

Since we were in Tahoe earlier this week, I'm still doing some catch up - please bear with me - thanks!

Baz - I paged back to 8/28 to read your story of your favorite Uncle and those wonderful memories you have!!  He sure is an exceptional special member of your family!! ;D   Thank you for sharing!  :)

Lani - I know Mike came home to a sparkling house, as I looked back and saw that on one of those hot days, you stayed indoors dusting & cleaning the china & cabinets, etc.  Enjoy this weekend together  ;D
So sweet of you to remember 'Ming' and post of pic of her.  I know you have mentioned her many times in the past. :-*

Lori - I am so glad you mentioned about the plastic that is so deadly to so many animals that see it as food (especially floating in the water) and they swallow it with terrible results.  When my hubby was working, he used to take walks along the beach and would always pick up garbage and plastic left by beachgoers.    Even now, when we are out anywhere, we will pick up garbage. 

Phyl - So nice that you heard from your brother on your birthday and that all is good with him.  Nice too, that you received an email from Jim's youngest - very special!  I hope you are feeling much better now.  Make sure you celebrate your birthday when you feel like it. :)

Clynn - I finally looked at that lovely 'dream' home in Waukee, IA - gorgeous!  If it were here in CA, it would probably be a 2M home!

Oldguy - Just read that you installed grab bars at your MIL's.  My hubby did the same for my Mom last year; one bar is where she steps into the shower and the other is along the horizontal side of the wall in the shower.   

Lani - Actually, we do not have any plans for the weekend, but you never know! ;)    Yaaay - football season!! 8)
Your work never ends - Lol!! You had to vacuum Mike's dusty suitcase - and oh those dusty clothes & boots!  ;D

Tsk - Vacuuming is not my favorite thing to do, but with our Dyson, it is not too heavy to push around.  Good that your soreness was gone pretty quickly.   You have visited the Hearst Castle here in CA?!  I love that place. ;D

Clynn - Cute pics of the baby Beatles!!  Beautiful pics @ Hellgate Osprey cam!

Puff - I would love to see the Mission in Santa Barbara - maybe one day.    We have eaten at the Rocky Pt. Restaurant near the Big Sur area!

Phyl - Wow - you sure have been to Lots of wonderful places here in CA!!  I know you lived in CA in the past, but didn't realize you've been to so many places!!  Awesome  ;D    San Juan Bautista is only a 20 minute drive from where we live.  We've been to the Winchester Mystery House when the kids were young and it only takes about 1 hr 15 min to get there from here.  It's an interesting piece of history! :)

Karen - Hope you & Piper are fine and that your electricity stays on!

Tig - Oh no, that tumble you took, but so glad it didn't turn out worse - you did good at catching yourself the way you did.  Glad the ice helped!

Paulie - I like 'no more slips, falls, & mishaps' !!  I've heard that saying too 'things happen in 3s' . . . .

LisaG - Good for Jeff in taking care of the shower situation and making it safer for you. :)

Kb - Good point you made in mentioning that a Dog's nails can get caught in an escalator.  That dog's 'mama' was sure cute in how she picked him right up! :)

Hi BL  :)

Beakers have a nice afternoon.  Our neighbors are gone for the holiday weekend and they've asked me to feed their pets, so I'm going to head over there now (its just across the street). :)