Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 582685 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8205 on: August 17, 2023, 06:24:25 PM »

KAREN   LOL  I tell Tim that is one of the reasons I keep him - so he can reach high things for me  ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8206 on: August 17, 2023, 07:17:42 PM »

(((CLynn)))--- I was so hoping your sweet (((Honey))) would have more time. You're doing right by her. 
I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow---letting go of a loved one is the most difficult thing in Life .
Prayers and love
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8207 on: August 17, 2023, 07:19:20 PM »

Lani-many tks for Bear Study---luv the cubs in the lake playig. And, esp enjoyed about the eaglets and their body lang.

{{{Tsk}}}- no doubt a 'reboot to the planet'. At the very least better stewardship!  LOL why you keep Tim around; my heartfelt sympathies and prayers for your{{{ Lynn/husband}}}.
       So very sorry for the difficulties of his last days.

Tig- you meet the nicest workman.  ;)

E4E how did surgery go today?

{{{CLynn}}}-luv the photos of munchkins at the fair, cute do for Bella, looks 'cool/comfortable'; agree some vaca for your sis and Bil, so sorry prayers for speedy recovery

Lisa- is that a cranberry nut bread? The other some sort of scone?

{{{KB}}} that was a nice encounter while walking; hope you can survive  'till the 'zoom' w/ Doc. I've never done the telemed---the hospts have that---prefer face to face.
     although when I had cervical spine and was home  the PA had me take a snap of the incision  in my neck. Hope you feel better soon ---no one knows you better than 'you'.  ;)

Karen- this season I've only seen 6 fireflies! This is heartbreaking.  You know I was hoping Tsk would do the nursery 'thing' for fireflies  ;) :)  She'd be good at that.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8208 on: August 17, 2023, 07:27:47 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good Night' and SEDs...
{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8209 on: August 17, 2023, 07:59:49 PM »

Tig - Camper sure is a thoughtful hubby - especially surprising you with flowers!   Nice of the concrete fellow and his nephew to help you.

Lani - Thank you for Bearstudy - love the Mom with her cubs!

Tsk - Prayers for Lynn & her husband - so sad.

Baz - Thank you!

Clynn - I am so sorry for the decision you are having to make for Honey - I know your heart is broken - its one of the most awful decisions a loving pet owner ever has to make.  :'( 
Love the fun pics of your Munchkins!!
Sorry to hear your BIL took such a terrible fall - not the way one wants to start enjoying a vacation. I sure hope he is somehow staying as comfortable as possible - I can't even imagine the pain he must be enduring.  Prayers for your sister and BIL.

LisaG - Your bread and the slice of pie look so yummy - wish you could share with us! Lol!

Kb - Wow, such a nice little visit with that young person - and of course she loved Ollie - sounds like a great morning! :)

Phyl - Like your 'nite' pic!

Some of you are wondering about my Mom's surgery today.  She went into surgery @ 1 and it took 3 hrs.  They called me and said that they will be releasing my Mom to go home tonight.  My sis and I are waiting for them to call us to go and pick her up.  Looks like she will get released around 6:30-7:00 (so that's in about another 30-60 minutes.)   Doctor said all went well - so we are grateful.
You may remember that my sister & Mom live together, so my Mom will not be alone tonight!   Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts & prayers.

karengramke

« Reply #8210 on: August 17, 2023, 08:35:44 PM »

Sure happy things went well for your moms surgery, E4e but I am surprised she is being released so soon after being under for 3 hours!  Wow!   Good that the worry of this is over! Now on to feeling better and the next chapter!

Good ight and seds!

Puff

« Reply #8211 on: August 17, 2023, 08:44:15 PM »

All of us are with you with all the love you gave to your honey, Clynn.  Remember her love for you that you shared.

Spent too long watching a bear at Katmai in distress.  From the posts there must have been a fight.  For about 3 hours it's laying down completely on the far bank, deep and heavy breathing.  Occasionally they zoom back to her to give us any updates.  So sad, too much pain to watch.  I'll check back in tomorrow - hope the resting brings some encouraging news.

There must be a short people virus going around. . .Clynn, tsk, kareng, tig - we all have the "inch loss" disease.  I've been finding a tall person a few years already.  And, believe it or not, that's why it was nice when Ton came grocery shopping.  His 5'1" wasn't very helpful you gotta know.  But, he was game to pull/push goods on the lower shelves aside and climb up to get whatever.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8212 on: August 17, 2023, 11:54:00 PM »

KAREN   LOL  I tell Tim that is one of the reasons I keep him - so he can reach high things for me  ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

LOL Tsk! I keep Mike for the same reason  ;D ;)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8213 on: August 18, 2023, 12:36:02 AM »

{{{Clynn, Ed, Kelsey and Honey}}} ... love the munchkins pics at the park and with Ed at the Fair! They look like they had a fun day and evening.  :) ... I'm sorry about your BIL's fall, and their vacation. I pray for their comfort and safe travels back to Dallas....I hope your car is repaired....  Thinking about you all tonight. I'm sorry :'(  sending prayers.

Lisa, Oh yum! Cranberry Orange Walnut loaf! It would be so delicious in the morning with my coffee, toasted with butter.  ;D

Kb, I watch a lot of dog and cat rescue videos from foster families. Thank God for those that do foster. Ollie knew she was special!  ;D

BL, good suggestion for Kb.

{{{Tsk}}} I'm so sorry about your friend Lynn's husband.  :(

Eagles, I'm happy for you and your sister that all went well with your mom's surgery and she's able to go home tonight. Prayers for her comfort, healing and quick recovery.

Puff, Are you talking about Otis at Brooks Fall? He's the oldest bear and loved by all. The Rangers keep a close eye on him. Rangers said, he had a lot of salmon today, and it takes longer for him to digest his food and needs longer naps. He moves slower, is breathing harder, but at this time the mods are posting he just needs his rest. But I understand your concern, after I read your post, I've been watching him since then, he's only turned from one side to another. He'd like to get up, but seems very tired.  I pray the big ole boy just needed a good rest like the rangers have said. Oh he's moving down to the waters now, it's 9:20pm Alaska time, 11:20 CT. I hope this is the bear you talked about. No one has mentioned another bear in distress.

Otis  :-*

Otis is back in his office

In less than 5 minutes he's got a catch!  ;D

Good night

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Lisa's mom, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #8214 on: August 18, 2023, 06:00:39 AM »

Yes, Lani  that is the bear I've been watching.  Wow, he doesn't look to be doing so well.  Hope it's just a bad day.

But then, who/what's the one they're showing with the big gash in the leg?  Got some info from the post that's on the right, scrolled down for Aug 17.

P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 06:03:47 AM by Puff »

Phyl

« Reply #8215 on: August 18, 2023, 06:33:05 AM »

Currently 72F High  86F  mostly sunny,  Low 62F  clear skies.      

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's

{{{CLynn}}}- did nothing  yesterday and last night, but think of {{{you , Ed , Kelsey}}} and especially {{{Honey}}}  :-*

E4E- thanks for the update on your mom. So glad that all went smoothly

{{{Tsk}}}  🙏 's

Lani- tks for the update on Otis

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #8216 on: August 18, 2023, 06:59:29 AM »

Love this!..that's the area I grew up in, Nine Mile Creek in Bloomington. The forest has been invaded by buckthorn. An invasive that destroys the rest of the forest.

These goats are released to attack the buckthorn...Humans also will hand destroy it, but releasing the goats gets a good head start!

I am watching Hurricane Hillary as most of my Dad's side of relatives live in San Diego...Historic rains may happen...I especially am watching for my cousin who lives in Jamul a more desert like area and she's always owned and shown Horses....I assume she will move them if they flood so am keeping my eyes open for Sunday/Monday or so.

https://coloradosun.com/2023/08/16/hoa-foreclosure-colorado-opinion-zornio/

this woman expresses my feelings about HOA's way better than I could...in this case, Colorado, HOA's are foreclosing on owners who owe maybe a thousand or so bucks on their fee, turning around and selling them for a huge profit....
Busy body, bossy, bullying usually women who are on these boards....disgusting.

Morning all!...heading out to hand water and start sprinklers this morning...we are in for an extended heat wave with no rain starting tomorrow.

tsk - I don't recognize that woman we met yesterday but I assume she lives nearby...
My sister used to foster puppies for years...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8217 on: August 18, 2023, 07:12:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Well, last evening after I posted, Honey was standing at the top of the basement stairs looking down. I thought she might be needing the litter box, so I carried her down and she used it! Back upstairs, after a short rest, she was looking at her food bowls, so I put fresh food out for her. She lapped it up like she was very hungry. And this morning she was waiting for me to get her breakfast for her, and again, she ate with gusto! I give her the Fancy Feast Broths and Sheba Salmon Kitten food. So I think I will call and cancel the appointment for this afternoon unless something happens... Thank you all for your kind words...I know everyone of you know how it feels...

Lani, good ol' Otis, I wonder how old he is, do they know? They called about my car, they think the computer thingy needs a new thingy and are waiting for the warranty people to approve. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with the liftback, and I asked them if they closed it with the remote and drove around. That is when it was opening, while I was driving! They didn't listen to me very well when I explained what the issues were, and I gave them my cell # to call me. They called the land line. Not listening again...

Puff, I acquired a very nice 'grabber' when we were cleaning out Kay's house (we all got one, she had several) and I use it occasionally. Doesn't help in most cases, like reaching a glass baking dish off the top shelf. Usually use my handy little folding stool! Ed is 6'1", so if he is around he is my grabber! Sounds like Ton was resourceful, I have been known to find something with a long handle in the store to pull down something on the top shelf, I have even waited for a tall man to walk by and asked him to reach for me!

E4E, glad to hear your Mom's surgery went well. I hope she heals quickly and can get back to normal soon! Nice that she has your sister there! I haven't heard from my sister yet, I will call her today. He won't be a good patient though, Cathy texted my other sister Becky and I  'is everybody an ass when they come out of surgery?'  ;D

Phyl, we had a beautiful day yesterday and another one today, high 83. Then we have 97,97,98,101,103,99,88 for the next week. Hope it changes, it did last time they predicted a week like this! Honey is forging on... I did see some lightening bugs when I was at Mom's last month!

tsk, have been sending prayers for your friend's hubby...and for your friend Lisa. I cannot imagine... Well, I thought Wednesday was my last day with the Munchkins because school starts Wednesday, but I am going to have them on Monday! Sydney works for the school district and she has to be there Monday, so one more day this summer!

Lisa, hope your Mom is feeling better each day!  I would definitely go over that bridge for those yummy goodies!

A Beautiful August day in Iowa.  Sunflower field in the foreground and Corn field in the background. Photo by Eileen Vandenbaard.

2023 Bone Gap Chowder! Bone Gap population is 181, and that includes all the farms in that zip code, which outnumbers the town population.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8218 on: August 18, 2023, 07:55:55 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

58  heading to 78  DP 55  humidity 78%  sunny  Fall is in the air...

EAGLES  Thanksgiving for Mom's successful surgery and hope she had a restful night.  Maybe you will see her today?

LANI   Otis - Just hard to get old for pets too.. :'(

KB   Glad the goats are getting ahead start on the buckthorn.  So invasive.  HOAs - Put those folks on the "injustice" list.  Lots of that going around but hopefully the good deeds outnumber the bad...

CLYNN   Glad Honey is rallying a bit today.  You will know when.   :'(    Oh no!  Your lift back opens while driving???  You can almost bet it won't do it when they drive it around.     BIL   LOLOL  Blame it on the anesthetics  :o    YAY  one more munchkin day  :)

Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8219 on: August 18, 2023, 08:10:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....T.G.I. F.!!!

Morning Puff, kb, karen, tig and all
  :)

tsk - Thinking of your friend {{Lynn & her husband}}.  The Cranberry Orange Walnut loaf was delicious.  It was nice and moist.

Phyl - The bread was a Cranberry Orange Walnut loaf, and the other thing in pic was a peanut butter pie.

E4E - Glad to hear that your Mom's surgery went well, and that she was able to go home.  Hope she is doing good today.   

Lani - Awww, Otis!

clynn - That is great news about Honey!  Mama sounds better, just still tired.  LOVE the beautiful August day in Iowa pic, and the Bone Gap pic.