Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1000932 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7365 on: July 23, 2023, 05:53:43 PM »

KAREN   That's right - my mistake.  It was the HHA who got you back to your system  LOL

LISA  Wonder if your GPS needs updating?  Truth be told tho.  I've put the GPS on when I've known where I was going and it would have taken me in a different way to get where I wanted to go, but I knew better - and in your case you were dependent.  Coming in on 90 there are glaring signs to 294 south Indiana and all it required was a right ramp .  Too bad as it was too easy.  Shoulda checked in with your local GPS agent  LOL  ;) ;)
Safe drive tomorrow! A house full of welcoming kisses await you!
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7366 on: July 23, 2023, 06:33:29 PM »

Karen- so nice of your HH worker to get  your closets  back the way you like them. Pets to Piper. What's for dinner tonight?

Hi Lisa- so nice to hear from ---all safe for the night and start afresh in the AM.  Eager to see your photos. I know two cats and a fella
that will greet with open arms and paws.  :)

Having leftovers from Sat. night.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7367 on: July 23, 2023, 06:34:38 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .
With a double layer of cuteness.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #7368 on: July 23, 2023, 08:35:52 PM »

tsk and Puff the NWS Chicago field Office has completed their storm surveys from the tornado outbreak on 07/12/2023 in your neck of the woods if your interested.

Yikes .. I don't know about U 2 but I sure don't like weather like that so close to my wheel house.
Needless to say a little too close for comfort for both of you.   :o
https://www.weather.gov/lot/2023_07_12_Tornadoes.
Click on the Tornadoes Tab for the nitty gritty details.
There were a total of 13 confirmed tornadoes in the area.

Tsk I'm not exactly sure what town you're located in but I recall you mentioning being to the NE of O'hare.
I generally use Park Ridge as your location because the town next to us is of the same name so it just sticks in my head.   
There were 2 tracks by O'hare one just W and one just E of the airport.   :o

Puff the "Burr Ridge to Stickney EF-1" started just to the E of you.   :o
I use a great live stream camera from Midway Airport and we saw it go by in the distance to the NW of Midway. 
https://streamtimelive.com/midway/

Here's a Google My Maps I made that you can use to pan and zoom in for more details.
If you click on the icons (surveyed damage points) or tracks you can see the details of each - some have images attached.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1zl3McdOyZoS6NJEwApXp5vltqJm9LBI&usp=sharing

WO! BL You have no idea how good you hit the target.  Knowing where tsk and I am  "you hit the bul's eye".  Mine was so accurate that the D in Darien looks to be sitting on my driveway.   ;D

That gives tsk and me an eerie indication of how close things were.   SCARRY for sure. :o

P

Puff

« Reply #7369 on: July 23, 2023, 09:25:39 PM »

Lani - Our local news just showed the area with the terrible explosions - said they are investigating the cause. :o 

Phyl - Thank you for cam pics!   Thank you for providing link on Tony Bennett.

Tsk - Like your morning gif!

Karen - I had not heard of Tony Bennett passing. RIP

Tig - Awe, your parents - thanks for mentioning. {{Tig}}

Puff & LisaG - Have you gotten together yet? :)

Beakers have a nice day.

E4E Lisa had a spot waiting in reserve at the entrance to the hatchery and in the shade of the tree.

I did a meet and greet with those already arrived, then bought a fish sandwich at McD - then flopped out on the bed - nighty night time.  For me only about a 5 - 6 hour drive.

Every one checking up on me and others - nice to have your concerns and following.

P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 12:12:12 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #7370 on: July 24, 2023, 12:02:48 AM »

Final thought of the day just struck me in the noggin. . .

I think we need to set a goal for Beaker/Cheerers to up our representation in 2024 for next year.  Me and Lisa - that's all?????  I didn't realize/count noses.  How sad!

Looks like we don't mind talking, posting thousands of posts.  But now we have to put our butts in the meet and greet chairs under the hatchery trees and under the tent.  Our numbers grew as well as the number count of new-born eaglets.  They didn't!

I had many of those greet me and 'Stick" and welcome us to the party.  Even changing some of my own changes ended up still being a sweet day each day, and finding newbies to talk with.  Two outstanding "finds" would be the ladies who live and used to live within a mile of me.  Trust me, that's a find; Darien only recently hit five digits.  (The one who lives here was also in the tornado zone BrokenLug; that means there were three of us in the path of those twisters you charted.)  oooohh, ohhhh howling at NN just now  --  Interruption  --  Mary Lou is still a close neighbor; Barb now maybe 15 miles west of us.  They are both also retired and former educators.  Another new friend is Laurel Womeldorf.  She recently lost her her husband Jim and lives within what used to be her walking distance of the hatchery.  John had success in inviting her to join us Satuday for our dinner (still so yummy).  Her husband and she are those super friends/neighbors of RRP who saved our season when we lost camera access.  They live across the corn field by the Decorah bicycle path.  They provided the circle, periscope views of the little ones and the nest that year.  (Someone can volunteer the year, I'm sure.)  She and Jim were also teachers.  We seem to have attracted a plethora of the ilk.  I wonder if it's the weather, water, curiosity, or friendly innate personalities???  LOL

Last of the finallast comments == apologies to LisaG for the Chicago corn maze called interstates madness.  I've lived here since 1953 ish.  Of course I was too young to drive and there were no interstate spaghetti bowls then.  Tsk I think was driving when she moved into Chgo.  Each time we figure out the combinations and quickest - they do new construction!  I'm thinking there are at least 8 interstate roads to match and mix, and they all seem to either bisect each other and/or avoid each other in the greater Chgo area. 

Seriously, we need to back up and support our new couple, faithful NN couple, even the Canadian geese, and RRP by putting in a better nosecount 2024.

Amen, Good Night, Puff

P           
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 09:45:41 AM by Puff »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7371 on: July 24, 2023, 12:31:25 AM »

{{{Tig and Camper}}} I'm sorry for your friend's passing.... You both are amazing with all you do, places you go and photos of your adventures that you share with us, sending prayers for you both.

Baz, Mike is home, there was a couple of glitches, but all is well.  :) ... I hope all is well with you and Zippo..

Karen, closet lady sounds like she's a fantastic help.

Eagles, it was hot and humid all day and then at 4:30 clouds came from the Northeast and we had RAIN! Our first rain since April ;D You could see steam rising from the driveway during the rain. We had an inch in an hour. It was great!  ;D

Tsk, so true about watching today's golf.... Congratulations to Brian Harman and they all deserve trophies too!

Phyl, Love Pharrell Williams song, I felt like dancing in the rain!  ;D ... great good night pic!  ;D

SED Lisa, Sometimes I think GPS is worthless. I trust a map... we have ended up in circles following GPS in the valley. Plus the gal's voice is irritating! ... I see Tsk has the same thoughts.... sleep well, safe traveling and looking forward to your pics :-*

SED Puff, thank you for sharing your time at ATF.

{{{Clynn and Kelsey}}} Looking forward to hearing about your visit with your mom.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Baz, Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Baz, Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

T40cfr403

« Reply #7372 on: July 24, 2023, 02:25:45 AM »

Puff - Thanks for telling us about your visit to Decorah. I found this remarkable photo of Jim from 2013, confirming that was the year he saved our bacon! What a fantastically generous family! :-*

James Womeldorf of Decorah, Iowa | 1943 - 2022 | Obituary - https://www.helmsfuneralhomes.com/obituary/james-womeldorf

2015    N2    3 – D21, D22, D23    All fledged
2014    N2    3 – D20, D19, D18    All fledged. D18 and D19 were electrocuted. D20 is still alive and living at SOAR.
2013    N2    3 – D17, D16, D15    All fledged

Mom and Dad built N2 in 2012-2013 without telling us or making arrangements before their move for cameras to be installed. ;)

Decorah Eagles, 2013 06 17, 7 15am, First flight or higher branching? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiVmhLz_jTg

There's a great photo - somewhere - of D17 hanging upside down in a tree shortly after fledging. ;D ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #7373 on: July 24, 2023, 05:29:55 AM »

Small world, T40

Jim's son lives 1.5 miles due west of me....thanks for the info about him....lovely man.

Phyl

« Reply #7374 on: July 24, 2023, 06:09:04 AM »

Good Morning ...and Monday to boot !

Currently 698F  with   H 91F  sunny, L 68F  clear.     No pollen today.    AQI 35      

Lani- so glad you got needed rain

CLynn- hopefully you & Kelsey are home. And you're working on a morning post. Did you , Kelsey have a nice time w/your mom? 
           Do I dare ask about Honey?  :-\

Lisa- I hope you're on your way home and all's well.  Pharrell Williams "I'm Happy'. Is my all time fave!  I play it when I feel  Life's garbage. And,
I snap right out of it  every time.

Puff- many thanks for your 'report' on the ATF.  :o  only 5-7 hour drive. That's great!

T40- many, may thanks for your post of  Decorah's James Womeldorf . Great photo. Can hardly wait for that photo of D17!  ;D
        2014 was my first year in Beakroom and RRP. It was a 'hellish' year to begin
        the nest/cam watching and all.  I cried ---alot.   N2 with D20 Mr SOAR and ambasador, D19 and 18 dying like that. But, in the end we  still have D20.  :-*   

{{{Tig/Camper}}} condolences

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7375 on: July 24, 2023, 06:12:47 AM »

3rd clutch for the 2023 Nesting Season

Sorry for the fuzziness.
The nesting box door raises from the bottom up and has to be held with one hand while the other holds the iphone and snaps the photo.
Upon occasion a photo will look like this,  regardless of the retakes.

Welcome to the world! Cane Ridge #58 !

7-21,20023 7:46 pm
Cane Ridge #56  standing w/ beak open and #57 lying and opposite CR#58  We love you. :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7376 on: July 24, 2023, 06:16:55 AM »

3rd clutch for the 2023 Nesting Season

Welcome to the world! Cane Ridge #59 and 60.

7-23-23 3:04pm 
The hatchlings will often move about and thus change their hatch order. My best guess is they follow the  previous order
with CR 59 and 60 the two in the very back.

We love you. Love you all!  :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7377 on: July 24, 2023, 06:31:30 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1683157186967478273

How to get what you want!.....LOL....no translation needed.

A juvenile green sea turtle in for treatment....he will recover and be released.

Off to early start watering.....things are not getting better....trees are dying in a nearby suburb...
Ugg...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7378 on: July 24, 2023, 06:52:39 AM »

HI EVERYONE

67  heading to 88  Dew point 64  A week of 90's  :P

PHYL  Cute photo of comfy kitty last night  :)  Enjoyed the New Yorker cover.  :)  Good second pic of the babies  ;D

PUFF  Good report and lots of new friends for you.  When I read Womeldorf it rang a bell and you explained it - How nice to meet Laurel.

LANI  Good that Mike is home - glitches, manageable.  So happy to hear you now got some rain in this dreadful heat.  Lucky there haven't been more fires.  I too make sure I have a map of where I'm going.  I don't trust GPS  I got lost in Decorah my first trip there arriving at night in the rain using my first Garmen that had me going in circles, finally ending up at the Hatchery sign  LOLOL

T40   What a treasure of a photo!!!  Thanks for posting

KB   No kidding about Jim's son.  What a small world   So funny -the begging dog LOL

Tight AM today - Physical at 8,  drive food drive food in my packed SUV to one of our churches food pantry at 9:15, then Barb picks me up to go to my Scrabble friend's celebration of life at 10:30  Whew  See you later.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7379 on: July 24, 2023, 07:37:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  IT"S GOOD TO BE HOME!

Kelsey and I got back home yesterday evening and by the time we unpacked the car I was totally pooped!  We had a good time with Mom, drove a lot of places! When we got back home we had added almost 1700 miles to the car! (the round trip is a bit over 1,000 miles) On Friday we took a trip down to the very southern parts of Illinois - Cave In Rock on the Ohio River, Carbondale, Metropolis, and we got a peck of delicious peaches. That area is famous for its peaches! Honey is skinny but still eating and getting around. It pains me to lo9ok at her, but it is also good to watch her eat her food and her treats...

Erin and Family were in NY for the weekend! They went to the Manchester United vs. Arsenal soccer game at the MetLife Stadium. He said the game was wonderful, ManU won! It was the first plane ride for the Munchkins, I will find out all about it Wednesday! He said it took 2 hours to get out of the place, attendance was over 82,000! Here are a couple of pics, it was a sold out game, he has had the tickets for months...

kb, no translation needed for that dog video!  How funny!

Phyl, a third clutch! So how many is the total offspring count? Will they have a 4th? Your pictures are fine! Cute Good Morning! Honey is holding her own, like you say, a skeleton with a fur coat... moving slower but still jumping up on the table and counter.

T40, great pic of 'the year of the distant nest' and the wonderful man responsible for us being able to have something to look at! I don't remember ever seeing that picture!

Lani, I am so happy to hear that you had a good rain! I had a list of things to do for Mom while we were there, some were technology related, and I was able to help! I repotted the huge Boston Fern I got her for Mother's day, and a couple of other plants, repaired the hummingbird feeder, trimmed the Heavenly Bamboo and several things outside. And yes, GPS had me lost and on a dirt road at one time...  ::) ::)

tsk, you do have a busy morning! I have also turned on the GPS when going somewhere I know and it tries to take me somewhere I don't know! If you tell it to take the shortest way you might be lead to a gravel road!

Puff, I would love to go to the ATF but it's the week I always go to Moms (the same week Kelsey's helper goes on her vacation). Nancy and I go occasionally, it's about a 4 hour drive from here.

Saw this on FB:
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown