Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1054424 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6870 on: July 09, 2023, 04:47:22 PM »

Welcome to LPC's LoonCam 2!  UPDATE: (Sunday 3:30PM)  Egg 1 hatched 9:59PM Saturday, July 9.  The chick appears healthy.  The second egg hatched Sunday, around 3:30PM. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hggPzB1jKZE

This YouTube live stream features a loon nest in the lakes region of central New Hampshire. There were two eggs on the nest.  Hatches were predicted to be July 8-10.  The first egg was laid June 11, at 18:51:25 and the second egg on June 14 at 9:21:36, or 62 hours apart.  Our blogger's precise hatch predictions (and he has a good track record) is: Egg 1: July 8, 10 pm. Egg 2: July 10, 2 am.  During incubation, hatch, and before leaving the nest, anything can and has happened.  For much more information on loons, see our web site at https://loon.org/    FYI, the LoonCam 1 pair did not nest this year due to territorial issues and is no longer streaming.   

Little black chick next to mom.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6871 on: July 09, 2023, 04:49:54 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

For those interested, Live coverage of Wimbledon matches will air tomorrow on both ESPN2 (starting at 6am, eastern) and on ESPN (starting at 8am, eastern). Both channels will air live matches throughout the day Monday. Match replay will air on the Tennis Channel starting at 4pm, eastern, Monday afternoon.  For those who stream ESPN+, all matches on all courts are available for live action viewing while streaming ESPN+.

Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 04:52:01 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #6872 on: July 09, 2023, 04:53:52 PM »

https://www.presspubs.com/white_bear/news/local-falconer-rescues-baby-eagle-on-white-bear-lake/article_c42e29aa-1c5a-11ee-ad59-d36e8df41880.html?fbclid=IwAR2KjnecOePkrYPYvr7PMnOAM1XA6vlFJO7ZA5Nps9F74ouLx2g2BYPuUaM

Worth the read. a baby eagle rescued from the White Bear Lake area of MN.
I know Gail personally...from the Raptor Center.
and Taylor knows Bob Anderson..

Kb, I pray the eaglet can heal and returned to its nest. Thank you to Gail, Partners for Wildlife Raptor Center and Frank Taylor.

Lisa, I think I only had one scan too.

Thanks Baz  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6873 on: July 09, 2023, 04:54:21 PM »

OH LANI   Benson is too much.  Little did he think...but he's grateful none the less  LOL

KB   Thanks for that amazing rescue of baby eagle and the very knowledgeable people -Gail and Taylor- that handled it.  Keep us posted.  I feel the eagle is in good hands - and You know that!!!

LISA  Hopefully you will get some rain with those storms.

Night all  signing off early
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6874 on: July 09, 2023, 06:48:57 PM »

CLynn I suspect Chase/Choyln are looking at their Anthony whose out of range. I think he likes the cacti.  I felt like having some fun with captions today.
Tks for new picture St. Louis Post-Dispatch  of 'Rocky'. Ditto the land line phone

Tig  :)

Karen glad your Piper isn't that afraid of the bad weather.

Kb albino bison;  cute bear video; great feel good BE rescue story

Tsk  yummy ice cream cones.  Just how would the Jeopardy question be phrased: "What eagle is white at birth?'   or "This eagle is born solid white. What is it?"    :-\

{{{Puff}}} modern medicine is awesome. If you hit the road for Decorah---St Christopher be w/you.

{{{E4E}}}
   more  🙏 's  for your sis for tomorrow. Pls keep us posted. 

Lori many taks for Dunrovin Osprey Cam photos---looking good!

Lisa don't what else that's not been said on the 'baby issue'   :(

Lani  tks for LPC's LoonCam 2 updates;  Ginger kitty Benson, too funny cute

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:58:59 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6875 on: July 09, 2023, 06:49:14 PM »

Been like this all day long.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6876 on: July 09, 2023, 06:49:39 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #6877 on: July 09, 2023, 06:59:57 PM »

Benson is a delight!  Oh my!  Cats and dogs in sunglasses are pretty cool!
Earlier todayI wanted to say ditto to what Lisa said, including the part about the thunderstorms. We had a good rain for almost am hour!  Piper had to potty but  would not go outside and bless her heart she waited until it stopped!  Good girl!
Lani, I think Loons are  very pretty! Sure wish they had a better name!
Baz, I watched tennis for a while this morning. Not my best sport but they sure move fast and volley well!
Hope all had a great weekend and are ready for any thing Monday throws our way.
E4e, prayers for. Yoursister!

kbshcb

« Reply #6878 on: July 09, 2023, 07:22:58 PM »

ugg....my trac pad on my laptop is broken...I'll have to use command functions to post link pics or a different way..
Just won't push down to move things....it's old..but, with my sewer replacement and brakes on my jeep I can't afford a new laptop....guess I'll make do, but may not post as many pics

kbshcb

« Reply #6879 on: July 09, 2023, 09:19:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1677956842792599553

checking my puter...cute vid of guy saving a pelican.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6880 on: July 09, 2023, 10:43:48 PM »

Puff - You should ask your doctor about the test that showed the speed of blood traveling through that certain area.  You have every right to know and understand the significance.  I wish you all the best {{Puff}}

Lori - Thank you for the Dunrovin pics!

Tig - Thank you - yeah, surgeries so close together; my sis tomorrow for her Thyroid, and my Mom on 7/28 for a bladder ailment.  I am concerned for my Mom since she is 85.

Tsk - Thank you so much for good wishes for the upcoming surgeries. :)

Lani - Hope you & Mike are enjoying your Sunday together and finding some relief from the heat.  :)    Cute pic of Loon & chick  ;D

Kb - Thanks so much for posting link to this rescue story - so happy for Frank Taylor who got called out to rescue the young eagle - sure hope all goes well.    Wow - just watched vid of man saving pelican - so heartwarming to see a happy ending  :-*

LisaG - Oh no, those severe thunderstorms - they can be so scary.

Baz - Thanks for tennis info!

Phyl - Thank you for well wishes.  Looks like rain was in your area today - we could use some of that over here!

Karen - Thank you for well wishes  :)   Wow, Piper is definitely learning - what a sweetie!  :)

Beakers have a good evening - SEDs  :)

Lani

« Reply #6881 on: July 10, 2023, 12:14:38 AM »

Karen, awww, {{{Piper}}}  :-*

Kb, the two heros did a great job saving the pelican. OUCH! .... sorry about your laptop.

Eagles, We stayed indoors today, it was hot.....  prayers for your sister  :-*

Good night!

Grand Canyon photo taken 7pm on July 7th

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

« Reply #6882 on: July 10, 2023, 06:13:06 AM »

Currently   67F  mostly sunny  and  High 87F sunny, Low 63F  clear.

{{{Puff}}}  🙏 's

Lani  pretty sunrise over The canyon

Kb what a save; esp.  great rescue of the pelican; so sorry about   your laptop...any hope?

{{{E4E}}}

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:54:38 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6883 on: July 10, 2023, 06:21:02 AM »

Anthony just 'hanging' in his Two Harbors bachalor pad...

Jul 9, 2023 8:27 PM
Camera Time: Jul 9, 2023 6:26 PM PDT
Jan the Animal Fan

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6884 on: July 10, 2023, 06:37:38 AM »

The GSB cam is generally down these days.

So much has happened to this nest. Chat believes,  only two young falcons are alive.
 As I understand, it seems all the others  have been killed by the owl.
If you click on this link to  Explorer and nest cam chat you'll get the full narrative on what's been happening the past weeks.
Better than what I can summary.

https://www.explore.org/livecams/disqus/raptor-resource-project/peregrine-falcon-cam

Also at the chat link above is a lovely video of the 2023 season.
Seeing Savanna again will bring tears.

Here's Newman though.  :-*
Jul 6, 2023 10:19 AM
Camera Time: Jul 6, 2023 10:17 AM CDT
Aries_49

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:45:19 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam