Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1008823 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5940 on: June 12, 2023, 04:11:05 PM »

TSK and Clynn, I thought that Espresso Martini would be good with those sweet yummy treats on TSK's birthday sweets table.  :D  When I was in Atlanta recently, my good friend since childhood, who lives there, insisted on throwing a little family party for my birthday - despite the fact that I asked her not to, and that my b'day had been 2 months earlier. LOL. Her daughter is my Goddaughter, and her son thinks of me as his Godmother, though, technically, I'm not. I love them all like they are my own, and have known all of them since they were just a gleam in the eye.  ;) :-* :-* It was mostly just an excuse to get all her kids (2), with their spouses, and the grandkids (3) together at her house all at once while I was visiting, except for the oldest grandkid, who is a junior in college in NYC, attending the Parsons School of Design/The New School, so she was not there. Anyway... concerning that Espresso Martini... LOL... My Goddaughter plans events, and also does some small-event catering. She is a great cook, and she loves putting together fun and different menus and meals, including food and drink for a cocktail hour. She planned and made the Happy Hour food and drink, and our wonderful dinner party, which we ate on an outdoor table in the yard, thanks to perfect weather for such! One of the yummy cocktails she mixed up for me was a coffee martini, and it was divine! You should try one sometime!  ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5941 on: June 12, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »

A Vaquita, a small porpoise..the most endangered animal in the world...only 12-20 left in the world..they live in the Gulf of California.

More info here:
https://www.ecowatch.com/vaquita-population-gulf-of-california.html

lani - the cutest pup pic evah!....

Course been watering, fertilizing, seeding and walked Ollie....hope to spend an hour just sitting in the sun out back listening....hopefully.

KB, I first learned about the Vaquita Porpoise a year ago, in May, 2022, from listening to this story about them on NPR, which also talked about why their numbers are so low now, and some potentially hopeful news for keeping them from going extinct, dependent,
 primarily, upon human fishing behavior in their Mexican waters - this story from a year ago, May 2022:
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/05/1096842362/scientists-say-endangered-porpoise-isnt-doomed-so-long-as-humans-stop-killing-th

Then, a day or two ago, The Weather Channel was talking about them during their daily climate and sustainability show, called, "Pattrn." So it was right singular that you posted that recent story on them, talking about some encouraging news about their population numbers over the last 2 years since the last major survey of them. Yay! Every little bit helps.

The results of that most recent updated research study were just published a week or two ago, so that makes for getting info about them out in the news, which always helps to raise awareness. Fingers crossed for the Vaquita Porpoise population!!  :-*

I also very much enjoyed this other news article from a few days ago, from "The New York Times," about them and the recently published study results, that includes 2 videos, one of a young Vaquita calf they discovered swimming with its mother  :-* :-* just last month:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/07/climate/vaquitas.html

Hang in there, Vaquitas!!  :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 04:39:11 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #5942 on: June 12, 2023, 04:46:43 PM »

so sorry for the bad news Clynn ....ugg.

Baz - I would be moving to Atlanta if I were you to get more of that good cooking..

Yes, good news on the tiny porpoise....

Our 3 hour tv watching together is about to commence...Happy Valley for one and then some podcasts.
summer vacation for some of our favs is not cool, LOL

LisaG1967

« Reply #5943 on: June 12, 2023, 05:06:16 PM »

tsk - We did not have the thunderstorms/hail, as they predicted.  We had a nice lil drizzle, some sun, more drizzle and now sun again. 

karen - Your lunch sounded delicious.  Keep up the good work, and you will get where you want to be.   :D

baz - Jeff would love that Espresso Martini.

Have a good night, everyone!

Puff

« Reply #5944 on: June 12, 2023, 05:08:54 PM »

So many here understanding completely and giving you our hugs and love, Clynn.  Hugs and strokes by so many right now for you and our Honey.  Many prayers for Honey, her human family, and the RRP family.  It always brings a strong bond to the forefront.  We share the grief and loss of our special furry members. 

P

baziunc

« Reply #5945 on: June 12, 2023, 05:39:00 PM »

WAVING TO ALL THE BEAKERS!!  :)

Karen, a good ham and rye sandwich is hard to beat.  Yum!  I'm glad you're enjoying being on your porch. Fingers crossed your dizziness will be better and better soon!  Keep up the good work on feeling better and stronger!  :)  Enjoy the new bobblehead finch and family on your roof!  :)

Lisa, I loved ALL the kitty portraits! They are all so sweeeeet!!!  :-* :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #5946 on: June 12, 2023, 05:44:20 PM »

Oh yeah... I forgot...   ;D

It was Dance Recital weekend for the younger twin greats. They had fun.  :)  :-*
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 04:08:26 PM by baziunc »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5947 on: June 12, 2023, 06:33:08 PM »

Dear {{{CLynn}}} I am so very sorry for Honey and you.
I truly wish I could wave my hand and make this all go away.
Lots of love and prayers.
Phyllis

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5948 on: June 12, 2023, 06:40:21 PM »

Baz!   Love the dancers and the flowers for a job well done!
Well, just found out that my pt is over because all they do in the home is make sure you can get around the home and I have graduated!   They say I have to go out of the home for more If I wish!   Will be seeing my
Orthopedic md on Thursday and will discuss this with him!  Ugg!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5949 on: June 12, 2023, 06:44:42 PM »

some bounce
On our way back from the cemeteries, Camper and I stopped at a taco house. While Camper picked up our food, I struck up a conversation with a guy at the next table. Camper commented to me after the guy left that he always finds it peculiar that my family speaks to strangers so easily... about burial plots, etc. I reminded Camper that my Dad was half Irish. And the guy was so nice and he gave us a taco he didn't want to eat.  :o  8)

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5950 on: June 12, 2023, 06:49:15 PM »

KAREN   Is this the HH aide that talks too much?  So sorry.   Are you on a med for your vertigo?  So your PT basically did a home eval for safety and maybe gave you home exercises to do.  Some PTs also do exercises for vertigo......When I retired - vertigo as a treatable entity was just coming into play..Lots has been done in that field.

BAZI   What a wonderful party you had with your friend and her family that are yours too  :-*  Now if I were sitting at that table - I can just picture it - I would not turn down that martini   ;) ;)  Sounds like such a beautiful time to be together and catch up.  Nice to recognize your lil sister.  Those are the cutest pics.  The girls are darling and daddy is a hunk  LOL

TIG   You and my SIL  Barb - We tease her about that all the time - she will talk with anyone  LOLOL   No Irish in her family. ::)
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5951 on: June 12, 2023, 06:57:43 PM »

Hi Everyone...
Jim didn't get home as early as hoped so the yard will wait for tomorrow.

Lani
thanks for the update on those cute puffins and the R. Albatross.

Bazi thanks for the family update/photos

Tsk I've sent the rain up your way. Hoping it arrives soon.  Yep! Those little eyases  have been named and once they're larger we'll be able to read the anklets and decode their numbers. Cawthorns for vertigo work well for me.

Lisa it's true you/Jeff being good foster parents. I'd love to adopt one of the kittens---But somehow I don't think it'd be fair to Maggie right now. She took such a
back seat when Mike was alive and ill.   :( 

Puff
such a sweet post from you to CLynn/Honey,  just now. :-*

Tig it's okay to chat with'anyone'. When we're out I do the same.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5952 on: June 12, 2023, 07:01:01 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5953 on: June 12, 2023, 08:32:53 PM »

Tsk, not the chatter!  Lol

Essentially yes!  They came to the house did an eval.  Said 2x  a week for four weeks!  I said my goal was to get off the walker!  Strengthen legs and become more stable when standing!  They had a goal, not expressed to me that was for me to get around the house by myself!  That then becomes the goal!  They said I do that well,   If I want more, continue the exercises and/or go some place in town that has machines.  They will not assist me in getting off the walker!   I understand what he said but I do not like it and that was not clear in the beginning!   Should be happy that I graduated :)
I have read about pt working with vertigo but I do not think they do here. Have an appointment Thursday wit ortho md and will discuss with him!  Not on drugs.

Severe thunderstorm warninghere now but I dont see much rain! Every bit helps!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5954 on: June 12, 2023, 09:16:58 PM »

LisaG - Seems like Puff has her eyes on Angus! ;)  How are Bradley & Kelly?

Lani - Cute puffins!

Kb - Love the pic of the Vaquita.  Hope you had a chance to sit out back and take a rest for a while!

Tig - Nice that you guys went and tended to grave sites - was it family?

Lani - Hope all goes well with your new hair appt.  Is this new stylist closer to home?

Oh Clynn - hopefully Honey still has much longer in this life - that just doesn't sound too good from what you said in your post.  Please, all of you hang in there and let Honey live as long as is possible.  If it is her time, hopefully she just passes in her sleep.

Karen - Oh no; Hh worker driving you nuts! :o ::)  How is your lil finch today?   Wishing you the best at your appt this Thursday!

Tig - Interesting at the Taco place  :)   I didn't know you were part Irish - my Dad was Irish & Cherokee Indian!  My Mom is Mexican.  I know you didn't ask, I just thought I would throw the info out there. Lol! ;D

Phyl - Do you help Jim out in the yard or does he take care of it?  Speaking for me, we both help each other in taking care of our lawn & yard and also chores in the house. ;D

Beakers have a good night /sleep well.  :)