Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Decorah North Eagles 2023  (Read 58383 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Decorah North Eagles 2023
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 03:22:49 PM »

Many thanks STL your snaps are great. Gee! The Norths have been busy. I wonder if the Mrs. is with egg now.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2023, 06:57:26 AM »

I'd just switched to this feed ...

Jan 4, 2023 6:33 AM
Camera Time: Jan 4, 2023 6:32 AM CS

some deer having a frollick  this morning below the nest

Jan 4, 2023 6:33 AM
Camera Time: Jan 4, 2023 6:33 AM CST

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2023, 06:58:36 AM »

And this...

Jan 4, 2023 6:34 AM
Camera Time: Jan 4, 2023 6:34 AM CST

Jan 4, 2023 6:34 AM
Camera Time: Jan 4, 2023 6:34 AM CST

All were chaseing and jumping  then left save for this one.  Who seemed to pose for the cam.

#IstandwithEvan

STLbf

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 12:05:21 PM »

Phyl, great pics of the Norths before daylight, and the frolicking deer! Here's one more of the deer.  And a few of the Norths.

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 12:13:12 PM »

Our couple mated both last night and this morning (7:23 a.m.).  Won't be looking for eggs until mid-February though.

T40cfr403

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2023, 12:49:15 PM »

Squirrel living dangerously at Decorah North! Explore.org 02 January 2023 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcYBx0g3fAo
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Puff

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2023, 04:06:50 PM »

Replies since MIA 12/30
13 pages of postings -  hope I didn't miss anyone.

E4E   Almost had clear weather.  Some drizzles off and on.  One big, long rain    started during RB game.  Smaller rains intermittent 1/31 and 1/1, but then    they needed rain, just not a cyclone.  Sounds like what is happening now is      not going to be good.
   Parade 10x  better that it appears; nothing but fun.

Lani   2 1/2 hours of so much to enjoy. Even the crowd becomes part of the    show.     Yes, I got a ticket to see the game - had a ticket in hand after many
   tries, 50 yard line.   About 20 rows up from field, at the level lower/high    break in tiers.   Great spot especially for short and ADA problems. Finally    cleared with ticket in hand after start of 1st quarter.  It wasn't easy but    finally cleared it off the buckett list of this ole lady.  List is shrinking!  'We    Are' chant is amazingly fun.

Two tours of southern CA and lots of LA.  Weasel (sorry to spill the beans Weasel)
gave me a grand area tour, 3-4 hours one-on-one, favorites.  She showed me lots of reminising favorites and close personal places and memories.
I now hope to get caught up on un-organizing Christmas, business, and personal obligations so I can spend hours going back through pics.
Loved the tour, and love you.  Thanks Weasel.

PHYL   Can honestly say - Rain, what rain?  Nothing ever bothered anyone in the glorious 4 days had by thousands.  Make that thousands + one. ME!

Met Avis and hubby from Saint Paul at our first get-together dinner orientation.   Coincidently, she  sat next me at the very same table.  And, would you  believe, she is also a travel advisor.  Same age, loved football.  AND - she is a silent percher of RRP!  I told her she now needs to come to ATF and meet our group.
See, we travel people know who to go for the best for the $ and fun.

Side of LA I got to saw:  Not the same as NY or Chgo.  Not roads in straight lines, criss-crossing with other straight lines.  So much you don't know until you are there.  Lots of hills and curves to get to the next destination.  Businesses, downtown, residential clandestinely hidden away in forests, hills, valleys, curves , even the freeways curve and go up and down.  I found smooth rolling on the roads even when there was an influx of fans being added to a BIG, busy city.  Not like my area.  And it is fast driving always.  Beautiful homes and areas. hidden and snuggled again into equally beautiful flora.  Low ceiling and fog again meant no up-close-and-personal opportunity to see HOLLYWOOD sign.  Guess I'll have to go back again some day to add that to my LA experience.  Tee Hee

Clynn    Loved your reminder post of our much more special childhood.  How do    we share and pass that on to the "new generations"?  They have so much    these days -- but have missed so much.  I do remember!

Nibi the beaver's adorable -- beaver doing what beavers have to do.  It is    like an eaglet's poop shoot!  It's natural; how do they know how , how to    they even think of doing the process.

OG   I will definitely go back to view Dolly's highwomen vid.
   Had a serious chuckle at the end of the cat house -- seriously?  Great fun.

Lori   Always tears with Diva's Goodbye tour at N1.

LisaG  Of course Dolly looks good.  Has good genes, lots of money, good doc, and    lots of pain and rehab time.  She can't help look good but then she goes    through lots  more to not the way she looks/looked.  Love her talent and    her life's story.

Clynn   Have at it!!   I dub the red velvet cheesecake dessert of the year 2023!

Lani   WOW - Pic of Pope and Pele, not that long ago either.

Worst part of RB trip--Singing Ole Lang Syne at midnight without Ton.

Phyl   Funniest post - Cat playing catch the owner's package -- what a hoot!

KB   Apology - I did miss GB/Vike game.  Was busy for some reason.  :)  Who    won?

T40   Two favs for sure--Dog giving pup bigger piece   and    beaver's doorstop.

OG   Wow!   Good going 21-0.  I  seem to have missed some good games     Sorry   -     Not sorry.

Lani   Australia celebration always a good show.  Can't/Won't put that on my    bucket list.  Much too long a bus ride.     LOL

E4E   Always being thought of and remembered by you; always a deep warm    feeling.  Too bad we couldn't make contact.  Next time?! And maybe even
   get Weasel to join in.

Pink   Missed the parade! Terrible thing! I'll give you a private blow by blow    and answer questions.

KB   I'm confused who missed the parade, you or Pink?  They switched the day    of both the parade and game.?  I'm confused now.

I didn't know Zippo's birthday is Jan 1.  For real?  or Designated?

But I was so easy to spot.   Not at parade but at the game.  Utah side was white or red tops.  I was on the PSU side white and/or dark blue.  On game day in a rush I accidently put on rain coat to reverse side.  Usually on black side with floral cuffs and hood.  Game  time it was on reverse all floral Monet side.  For that reason , if not the field-size side, I would be the blooming flowers in the sea of blue.  And no one saw me? Ummmph.

Have I overstayed my welcome?  Twenty lashes with a wet noodle!

P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 04:08:56 PM by Puff »

STLbf

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 11:48:19 AM »

Snowy morning at DNN, overcast so most views look like black and white.  Best activity is the deer so far.  Several does came across the pasture about 7:30, with one buck that has only one antler.  One pic shows a broken antler close to his head.  Could be from fighting during the rut in the fall.  No eagles in view on the rewind at this posting time at almost noon.  Bet they are at the Walmart shopping for warm slippers.   :D

Phyl

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 12:26:20 PM »

Hi Puff glad to see you and all went well.

STL thanks the deer snaps. Gosh. LOL eagles shopping for slippers at Walmart  (Wallyworld).

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2023, 03:33:27 AM »

I snapped this one  early...

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 6, 2023 1:30 AM
Camera Time: Jan 6, 2023 1:29 AM CST

Over to the left, center frame

#IstandwithEvan

STLbf

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2023, 11:55:34 AM »

Good closeups of DNF on the nest 11:00 this morning and more closer to noon.  MrN joined in for a while.  No pic, but a squirrel was huddled at the lower edge of the nest just before DNF landed.  Could have been lunch.   :D

Phyl

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2023, 06:34:09 PM »

These are good.
Thanks.

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2023, 06:13:06 AM »

Good closeups of DNF on the nest 11:00 this morning and more closer to noon.  MrN joined in for a while.  No pic, but a squirrel was huddled at the lower edge of the nest just before DNF landed.  Could have been lunch.   :D

Great pics, STL!

Phyl

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2023, 06:58:14 AM »

Jan 7, 2023 6:55 AM
Camera Time: Jan 7, 2023 6:54 AM CST

Mr. and Mrs. North (DNF)

#IstandwithEvan

STLbf

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2023, 01:04:32 PM »

Hey Phyl, I think you got a moon-shadow pic!  Lovely.  The Norths spent the night there and until about 8:30AM.  Haven't seen them since they left the Scary Tree.