Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231615 times)

Emyrauld

Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #690 on: February 09, 2017, 09:02:37 AM »

A48 continues to work on the nest bowl on another soggy and now foggy morning.

Yesterday A40 brought some food and there was some bonding on the nest. 
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #691 on: February 09, 2017, 03:41:44 PM »

I missed it.  I went to put supper in the oven and came back to find out egg #4 is now under A48. 
Waiting to see how it's doing.

Hold on.  I just saw her walking around.  No egg and no sign of one.  Cam is off and on going to highlights and I might have been mis informed.  Will try to verify.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:45:50 PM by Emyrauld »
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #692 on: February 09, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »

Here it is. 

Emyrauld

« Reply #693 on: February 09, 2017, 04:37:39 PM »

Oh dear.

Emyrauld

« Reply #694 on: February 09, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »

She does some clean up and the settles on it again.  The mothering instinct is strong.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #695 on: February 09, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

Emyraud, thank you for your posts and updates.  Can you clarify for me... was that a 4th egg?  Or is that one of the broken eggs that had been laid before... that we already knew about?  I wasn't sure what "Oh dear" means in this context.  Sweet Eagles - they keep on keeping on.   :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Emyrauld

« Reply #696 on: February 09, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »

That was a fourth egg.  And enough for me for a while.  I have been watching this site since A27.  I will be taking a break from watching birds for a bit.

I just saw this, I think from Dr Sharpe

Posted on the IWS Facebook page:

" The Sauces pair have a fourth egg. This is the first time that we have had four confirmed eggs in a single clutch on the Channel Islands."

"And the fourth egg is broken at Sauces. Hopefully she'll take a month off and try again in March. There is no way to determine why the eggs are breaking without trapping and examining the female, and we would not do that during the breeding season."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:42:45 PM by Emyrauld »

WWJW

« Reply #697 on: February 09, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »

This is just heartbreaking!   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #698 on: February 09, 2017, 06:05:49 PM »

poor birds!
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

baziunc

« Reply #699 on: February 09, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »

Awww, Emyraud, I understand.  It is sad.  I've already stepped back a notch from live cam nest-watching, too.  The eagles here are so awesome, but also up against some hard challenges not of their own doing.  :-* :-*   ((HUGS)) to you, Emyraud. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #700 on: February 10, 2017, 06:11:18 AM »

From Dr. Sharpe:
"And the fourth egg is broken at Sauces. Hopefully she'll take a month off and try again in March. There is no way to determine why the eggs are breaking without trapping and examining the female, and we would not do that during the breeding season."
http://explore.org/live-cams/player/channel-islands-national-park-sauces-bald-eagle

ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #701 on: February 10, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »

I am so sad for these 2 parents :'(
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #702 on: February 11, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »

;)

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #703 on: February 13, 2017, 07:02:55 AM »

I am so very sad for mom & dad. Laid a 5th egglet & it broke. These 2 are such great parents, it is just sad!!!! :'( :'( :'(

From a sign in Missouri.

baziunc

« Reply #704 on: February 13, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »

I am so very sad for mom & dad. Laid a 5th egglet & it broke. These 2 are such great parents, it is just sad!!!! :'( :'( :'(

MpMom,  I am so sad for them, too!  Thank you for posting about the 5th egg that broke here... I hadn't heard about the 5th one.  So sad.   :(   Love and hope for "Mom and Dad" here at the Sauces Canyon, CA nest.   :-* :-*