Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231254 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »

:o HMMMMMM
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #346 on: February 07, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »

I wish that bowl wasn't so deep.  I would feel a whole lot better if i could see that egg when she isn't on it.  These two need to show a little more consideration for the worry warts in their viewing audience.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2015, 07:41:04 PM »

Oh no, not a Hmmmmmm.  Please not a Hmmmmmm.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

MpMom

« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:53 PM »

She has been off of it lots!!! This sure isn't normal.

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

The falcons I watch don't settle into full incubation until the second and sometimes the third egg is laid to give the kids a chance to hatch closer together we think.  And this nest is California.  It takes much longer for an egg to cool off, and of course it needs to harden. Maybe the rain slows it down.  If Minnesota eggs can survive the 0 temps, surely this can't be too big an issue here yet.  But I would still like to see that egg.

MpMom

« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2015, 07:53:47 PM »

I have never seen a parent off that much. I watch WE & have never see this. Praying all goes well!

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2015, 07:59:56 PM »

Well she's back on now, hopefully for the night.  A40 needs to give her a break.  We know he is a good dad.  Maybe he needs to relearn a couple of things.  Its been a while.

Emyrauld

« Reply #352 on: February 08, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

A new request from Dr. Sharpe this am.  He has asked the monitors to keep reporting in the same way as they always do, but perhaps to include the times the egg is uncovered .... So he might be Hmmmming too.   Hmmmmm.

Emyrauld

« Reply #353 on: February 08, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »

More of this today.  He has been bringing in sticks and fluff, she has been a bit whiny.  There has been a egg roll, but the egg has been uncovered over 40 minutes by my count...unless it is covered with fluff.  Can't see.  But wouldn't the fluff be wet?

Emyrauld

« Reply #354 on: February 08, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »

Back to work after over an hour.  Still haven't seen any food brought in or A40 taking a turn.

MpMom

« Reply #355 on: February 08, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »

Emy, waiting for any conformation on a possible broken egg. 40 brought in a branch & may have broken it. Ill keep you posted.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:39:00 AM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #356 on: February 08, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »

A40 did finally take a quick turn at incubating,but just before 9:00 nest time he brought in a huge multibranch limb with a large stem end.  Some monitors think it went into the nest bowl, others think it might have been slightly in front.  All the stomping around in the nest bowl to place it has all of them antsy.  Will try to keep an eye on this and will post the video I am certain someone is making but will have to spend some time doing other things today so checking in will be spotty.

Emyrauld

« Reply #357 on: February 08, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »

Sorry Mom.  Must have been writing at the same time.  Glad you are here to keep an eye on things.

MpMom

« Reply #358 on: February 08, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »

Oh Emy I want things to be well here!!!

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #359 on: February 08, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »

I think the egg is done Emy!!! :( :( :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:14:27 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.