Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231130 times)

Emyrauld

Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »

27/12/14 continued
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »

Well so much for the regular visits.  No eagles this morning, or yesterday after the morning visit.  With so many other birds, especially the ravens, in the area, I would think they would be much more protective of the nest than they seem to be.  Is it possible the are defending a much larger territory outside of cam view, or is it still too early for them to be worried about such things?
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #287 on: December 28, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »

28/12/14 no eagles here today.  I was getting my hopes up, they are teaching me patience ... Or just messing with me.  Hope you are back soon MPMom.  Everyone misses you.

Emyrauld

« Reply #288 on: December 29, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »

29/12/14 No eagles here again today, but the raven regulars never miss!

Emyrauld

« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »

A quick ten minute visit this morning highlighted on the Channel Islands sute with this video

http://youtu.be/VKDWCpMbMew

Back to arguing about stick placement.  I can't believe that earlier last year I commented on how well they worked together. 

I welcome you back MP.  Thought I would continue to keep watch here for a bit to give you a chance to get caught up with everything.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:30:58 PM by Emyrauld »

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2014, 03:40:52 PM »

Hi Emy! Thank you! Thank you also for the great pics & the funny video! I watched this am but must have walked away when they came this morning.
They need to come daily for us :D ;)

Hi Patis! Great to see you here!!!
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »

;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:14:18 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #292 on: December 31, 2014, 07:03:28 PM »

;)

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #293 on: December 31, 2014, 07:31:17 PM »

I would rather see eagles.  Those darned ravens are getting much too comfortable here

Emyrauld

« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »

I checked back on last year.  The first egg was laid on February 15th.  The first egg of the second attempt at a clutch was laid March 16.  So there is plenty of time.  But it would be a whole lot easier on me if these darned birds would be a little more attentive to this site.  It's incredibly inconsiderate of them to treat their cheerleaders this way!

MpMom

« Reply #295 on: January 07, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »

Looky Emy!!!!!

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #296 on: January 07, 2015, 07:38:20 PM »

;D ;D

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #297 on: January 07, 2015, 08:35:36 PM »

I checked in multiple times today and nothing.  This must have been a late afternoon visit.  So glad you caught.  I was starting to think they had moved on.  There have been so many other birds at this nest, I was beginning to think it was a time share   They haven't been here since Dec 30th.  What kind of territorial defence is that?

NOTE TO THE A'S:   Get serious!!

Emyrauld

« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »

They are back again this morning. 

MpMom

« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2015, 07:09:18 PM »

Good one Emy! I missed them this morning.

From a sign in Missouri.