Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231102 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »

;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:25:13 PM by MpMom »
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »

;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:44:02 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »

;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:08:36 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2014, 08:35:32 AM »

That was a nice long visit, finally.  I went back and watched it in the archives.  Lots of nest work too, like they are finally getting serious.  Thanks for catching that one.  Lots of good pics.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

MpMom

« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2014, 08:51:19 PM »

Be back in a week Emy ;)

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #275 on: December 23, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »

All the best to you MP, and your precious family.  Have a blessed and happy reunion.  I will try to keep an eye on things here.  I am hoping the A's will settle into routine courtship and nestorations soon.  They do wear on my nerves, these two.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2014, 11:02:14 PM »

Two shorter visits today. (Around 20 minutes)  One this morning just after 7 nest time.  Both came in and began some serious work on the nest bowl.  After a while they began to move around some sticks.  A40 started tracking something and left.  A48 left a short while after, but came back quickly with a big branch worked a bit and then left.

Morning pics 1 of 2

Emyrauld

« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »

Morning pics (2 of 2)

Emyrauld

« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »

The afternoon visit was also about 20 minutes.  Just after 5 nest time two ravens stood on opposite sides of the nest facing each other and calling out to each other and and to what sounds like many other ravens in the other.  After about 5 minutes the A's arrived.  First A48 then A40.  Not much nest work this time.  They seemed to be tracking something and A40 took off shortly after he arrived.  The ravens continued yapping.  I don't know if its them, or if someone else was around but Mr. and Mrs. A kept watch a lot and looked like they are about to do some street cleaning.  This is a good thing, I hope.

Afternoon pics 1 of 2

Emyrauld

« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »

Afternoon pics 2of2.... More tracking

Emyrauld

« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2014, 12:03:27 AM »

24/12/14 A48 in at 6:53 this morning and back to work on the nest bowl.  A40 joined her after about 10 minutes and they continued to work moving and placing sticks.  Visit lasted about 50 minutes.  I think this was the only visit today, but I went through the history pretty fast so I may have missed something.

Emyrauld

« Reply #281 on: December 26, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »

Sorry Patis.  Here is the address for the cam as I watch it

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sauces-cam

Also, I can catch up on what I miss on the Channel Islands sight here

http://z7.invisionfree.com/CHIL_EagleCAM/index.php?showforum=5

Yesterday (Dec 25) A40 came in again around  5 pm nest time, followed by A 48.  They worked hard on the nest for a while and seemed less worried about what was going on around them.  Not looking or tracking as much.  A pattern of visits seems to be starting to emerge.  7 am and 5 pm at the moment. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:33:36 PM by Emyrauld »

Emyrauld

« Reply #282 on: December 26, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

Dec 26 am.

A48 in alone at about 6:45am for less than 10 minutes.  On edge most of the time, either watching for A40 or bothered by the ravens making a racket off camera.  Finally settles into moving some sticks on the rails, but quickly back ti watching and tracking.  Leaves after more raven racket.  Funny noise just after she left.  I think she had a raven in her sights.

Emyrauld

« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »

26/12/14  They were back again for nestorations at 5:00 pm (Nest Time) did not have time to watch but will try to get from archives later today.  Will also get today's report at that time.  Delighted to see them settling in to a pattern here.  Gives me hope.  Sure do want to see a successful fledge here this season.

Emyrauld

« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »

27/12/14.
A48 in at 6:52 am with A40 not far behind.  Not much happening with regard to nest work.  They seem to be distracted by goings on out of camera range.  In and out a few times over the course of the half hour visit.  A48 brought in 4 sticks, A40 brought in two.  But at the end of the visit, the nest is a little disorganized as the A 's spent most of the time watching and tracking.  I did not find an evening visit, but the ravens made their regular afternoon appearance.