Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602628 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25920 on: December 03, 2022, 04:50:58 PM »

It rained hard half the morning - surprise, surprise - thunder too.

Here is a picture of  Harlow, our puppy (the one on the right)  The Corgi on the left, belongs to granddaughter's boyfriend.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25921 on: December 03, 2022, 05:50:41 PM »

Two good looking dogs Neva.  Thanks for sharing.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25922 on: December 04, 2022, 05:17:34 AM »

Happy Birthday Joho!!!

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25923 on: December 04, 2022, 05:30:50 AM »

hi you guys its 22 here 39 in iceland 31 and cloudy in kviv 51 in the barn

Hi Joho hope you have a happy day and chiefs are in ohio playing bengals this afternoon. go chiefs yesterday i sat and watch most of my kstate wildcat game i never really do that but jim let indy out and he too was watching the game very exciting game too played tsu there and we won it in ot.go cats just looked at falcon cam scary being up so high and it that lit box on side of cliff falcon box? i see the boats in the ms river with their lights on.

Hi Neva! yes like joho said good looking dogs! beautiful when i see a corgi i think of stephen king that is his breed he loves them has them right with him when he writes walks etc. is the lasky name on that bench ones that maybe donated that dog park?  i saw earlier you got hit with pounding rain yes thunder i thought you hear that thunder neva? are the dogs afraid of thunder?penny is brownie growls at it where are you thunder calihoula  not scared of it but she aint going out in the rain she knows thunder means rain. well girls barking in the kitchen

GB Ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A7055D545E81?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #25924 on: December 04, 2022, 03:41:58 PM »

Happy Birthday, Joho

I hope it is a good one ...

(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #25925 on: December 04, 2022, 08:24:58 PM »

B&W Cat ... 33:53     61°  (7:14 pm)      We had a lot of rain in the past 18 or so hours, and at the moment, the sky was heavy and grey  all day.  I imagine there is more rain to come,  It is a cozy day, inside.

Hello everyone, I hope the day has gone as you hoped it would.

Joho, I hope all is well with you and that you are having a decent birthday.  With your family, I am pretty sure you are.

Cal -Our animals are not too bothered by storms.  After the first clap or two of thunder, they settle down.   Harlow doesn't like to be rained on and she tries to bite the drips that fall from the edge of the roof.  I am thoroughly enjoying the rain.
I wouldn't imagine Stephan King as the Corgi type.  One of my daughters would love to have one.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25926 on: December 04, 2022, 11:19:23 PM »

5:34  on cat.  Thanks for HBD wishes.  I did have a good day. Went to Deb's to help her lift Boss into the tub and restrain him while giving him a much needed bath.  He is obedient and gentle, but really hates water.  Deb puts several smears of peanut butter and Readywhip on the tub walls to keep him occupied.  We washed him very thoroughly with oatmeal soap.  He had found something in the woods at the park that he loved.  He rolled and swirled energetically in whatever it was.  It did not smell good to humans.  It was a grey gooy mess on his shoulder.  We used three big towels to try drying him.  Then we took him out in the sun to chase his favorite flat soccer ball for a while.  It was fun for us and for him, because it was so nice and bright out.  Also the breeze was gentle.  Just a good experience.
After his bath and ball he was glad to rest beside me on his corner of the couch while I watched the start of the Browns game.  Game started off not good, but ended OK.  During the game Deb got my cards.  One from the great grand children and one from herself.  I told Mary all I needed for my birthday was one 6 inch bag clip for my chips. I broke my only 6 inch clip. a while ago, and was using three clips.  Well I guess I did not give them enough lead time.  Debbie did a one stop shopping for everyone, and all she could find at her store were little clips.  So she got me three more little clips and very nice religious Happy Birthday card. Mary warned her that the little clips would not do, but Debbie being The Mom said they would have to do.  Probably for Christmas I will get several 6 inch clips.  Wedid have a very nice birthday lunch including a Dutch Apple pie with an 8 and a 3 on it for my birthday cake.  Mary and Shannon sent greetings and love texts.  Did not hear from Brian, but will later.
I had a fine day thanks to you all and my family.
GBU and GB Ukraine.......

calhound

« Reply #25927 on: December 05, 2022, 05:26:11 AM »

Bird Beauty - UPDATE December 4, 2022

Red-bellied woodpecker
Out the window, with the temperature below zero F, blue jays seemed extra hungry streaming in to the peanut buffet and flying off with full beaks. When perched, they were as fluffy and puffy as I’ve seen.

Blue jay puffed up to stay warm
Blue jay puffed up
Blue jay flies away with peanuts
Blue jay with peanuts
The red-bellied woodpecker stopped by and gave me the prettiest picture he has allowed. Thank you, bird.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25928 on: December 05, 2022, 05:43:44 AM »

hi you guys its 29 here 36 in iceland 31 in kyiv and 51 in the barn

hi joho i had a nice birthday yesterday too birthday wishes from alice ra rues nora nan family friends jim and i went to mcdonalds real early got a biscuit and diet dr pepper and no on cut in front of jim that would not be the thing to do  :) then we went over to the sonic jim got a bacon toaster and tots then to harps jim bought lots of meat we let indy out and time to come in indy says i dont think so jim came back in and said i need you help get indy. so i drove the  gator up in the pasture indy clear in the back and its a little hilly he lifted his head peeking over saw us. i drove on more and jim got out walked up to him and indy kicked up his hooves and ran not far but far enough saying hee haw fat old man try to catch me . so then I shook my little grain bowl and indy looked at me i started up the gator backed up some indy started to follow me i stopped and he came to me i got his halter. thank you indy

hi neva! stephen kings molly

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/74055D549FF0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25929 on: December 05, 2022, 07:42:35 AM »

Over 6:55.  Good hijacked by clicking add to turn it off.  Hate when that happens.
Yes, very good day for Cal and for me.  Sounds like Indy is taking lessons from unruly goat.  Spending too much time together.  Why would he like to stay out instead of in warm barn I wonder.  Or maybe he just wants to be in charge of him.
Well got to go.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #25930 on: December 06, 2022, 05:54:15 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 34 in iceland 24 snowing in kviv and 51 in the barn.

hi joho indy spending too much time with unruly goat lol well sweets is unruly but a good boy too yesterday jim went to try to get indy but said i will go get the gator indy taking off from him again. i drove it up indy only halfway up looking over at us in the gator. jim got out and walked to the side of him i was in the gator calling him shook my grain bowl. gut indy was still eating watching but when jim got close to him indy took off toward me i said whoa slow down boy and he bumped the front of the gator rocked it then he came over to me and i gave him grain got his halter told jim i got him but if indy would bolt i would let go not getting dragged outta of that gator. so jim came up to the gator and he stumbled and hit the front of it and rocked it indy was scared and i said its okay boy its okay he let jim put the lead rope on and now when jim has him i go first and indy follows me in the gator thank goodness we got that gator. indy is young and he likes to kick up his heels and he needs to do that get out for two hours unless bad weather and there will be plenty of those down the road so anytime no ice and snow not zero he can go out for his two hours. he has friends out there tims mare and straight back sanders bull.  after a couple of hours boy is ready to go back in his barn get a drink lick salt block get combed out he did not like that at first but liking it more.  see sweets go poop eat hay get some grain and a butterscotch.

Hi Neva! got your birthday card thanks

gb ukraine gb all animals gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EE055D5BD03B?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25931 on: December 06, 2022, 06:36:10 AM »

7;48  Nice day here again 42 degrees and cloudy at 7:30 am.  Not much to report this morning.  Thanks Cal for the blow by blow with your new donkey.  He sounds interesting.  Good to hear he will leave his outdoor friends and come in now and then.  Shows he is smart and knows where his bread is buttered.
  Do the dogs act differently when they smell him on you?
Oh Rats! Coffee cup is empty.  Must have a hole in it. LOL
 GTG now.  Neva Cal and all others that stop by here and at Eagles and bears and falcon cams I hope you all have a good day.  CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine
PS
I am sad to just find out Christy Ally of Cheers has died.  After I signed off here I went to my Kinetic email and it was posted there.  She died of a recently diagnosed cancer according to her daughter.  Especially sorry for Pauli who visits here.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 06:41:13 AM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #25932 on: December 06, 2022, 08:12:28 AM »

hi joho i saw on tv christy died wondered how sad for sure surprised too but you just never know

Mule Facts
What makes a mule different from a horse?

First, let’s clarify what a mule is. A mule is the offspring of a male donkey (a jack) and a female horse (a mare). A horse has 64 chromosomes, and a donkey has 62. The mule ends up with 63. Mules can be either male or female, but, because of the odd number of chromosomes, they can’t reproduce. However, a male mule should be gelded in order to make him a safe and sociable animal.

Except for the long ears, mules look very similar to horses, but their muscle composition is different. Mules have smoother muscles than horses. Think of a football player’s muscle build compared to that of a ballerina’s. Both are very strong, but the mule has greater physical strength for its size, and more endurance. A mule gets its athletic ability from the horse and its intelligence from the donkey. Donkeys and mules have been labeled “stubborn” for centuries, but it is really only an abundance of common sense and a strong desire for self-preservation that might make them inclined to resist. Mules and donkeys actually have a natural attraction to humans. When treated with patience, kindness and understanding, they learn to trust and obey. If they are treated with force and abuse, they are not likely to comply with your wishes. If only a mule could talk, most people would be surprised at how smart they really are!

indys has a more narrow butt than horse big round one and indys belly looks different he is very sure footed his hooves lots smaller than a horse mules lot more healthy than a horse. they dont get all the bad stuff horses can get some yes like foundering so vet said only two hours out in pasture then up in barn no problem.  maybe your coffee cup got a crack in it  :) no dogs do not seem to smell him or just use to me smelling like that i got lots of smells penny is a window watcher and lifts drape up looks out see indy in his pasture barks loudly shut up penny penny get away from that window! dogs in when indy is out they would scare him running down to end of their yards acting like idiots
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:12:26 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25933 on: December 06, 2022, 07:20:39 PM »

I love mules already, and I found the hole in my cup.  It is in the top. LOL  See you in the morning.  BTW, went to see Christmas Carol at the Palace Theater in Cleveland today.  It was great.  We stopped at Claudette's Café for lunch.  Lunch did not match the play.  I was on the short bus from the senior center.  We got lost downtown, and saw a lot of side streets and detours on near west side where my grandma used to live.  It added to my fun for the day.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25934 on: December 07, 2022, 05:04:17 AM »

hi you guys its 35 here cloudy also 35 and cloudy in iceland 29 light snow in kviv and 51 in the barn.

hi joho! you found the hole in your coffee cup  :) you did have a super fun day yesterday! seeing that play what fun! and getting to see your grandmothers neighborhood extra fun! so much for you do around there and you able to get out and do it. getting indy yesterday afternoon course i am in the gator indy was up a ways jim got out and started up to him and indy took off straight for me and the gator when he ran pass jim his ears were laid down flat and he gave jim the look as he went by jim was laughing said to indy boy you giving me an attitude there.

hi neva rain all day tomorrow but all week up in the 50's so one day it will be just winter here

gb ukraine and gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/80055D5951D4?z=0