Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603300 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25620 on: September 27, 2022, 11:15:13 AM »

hi joho got my groceries lots of heavy stuff took me long time to get stuff outta my car put up i went to work on sweets floor again no jim. his back door i just want it where i can step in not remove mountains of hay it sloops from bed down to his door jill let her goat cleatus in the house he jumped on the couch to chairs one day he fell on hard wood floors and broke his hip he died. so sweets can act silly frisky fall on mountains of hay pop up. be okay. he came right over when i opened his door i told him no petted his head he went and got in his bed. i got down again pulling out hay but i watched him this time. he was good too. got animal crackers later today i will put that big pile of hay in buckets. yes jim is big strong he holds sweets horns and straddles him i lift his foot work on nails. tell him its okay we need to do this often not let it go on very long. the boy is beautiful he really is probably should of had his horns cut when he was little but he loves his horn uses them for back scratcher too. i hope this hurricane will have mercy. yes drive your car today not bike. yay indians
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 11:17:28 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25621 on: September 27, 2022, 06:19:27 PM »

Moose ... 27:27     95°  (3:45 pm)   It's sunny and windy.  No rain expected... hmmm ... I didn't think so.

Hi you two.  I hope your day is going as you'd hoped it would.

Joho, you're right, Sweets is an impressive and handsome fellow.  I've seem his picture and in a couple of videos that Cal had posted.

Cal,  That dog in the dog shame is going to be Harlow when she grows up, I think... very funny.  This morning she went out in the back yard with my daughter and didn't want to come back in, and Michelle had to carry her in.  I think we should get her measured for a saddle soon.

The quote you posted about why the Russians can't win is a very good and very true one.  Thanks.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25622 on: September 28, 2022, 05:06:01 AM »

Donna and I Catching Up With Family, Friends, Classmates and a Week of Memories of My Beginnings.

Dr. Rogers by Cusino sign
The trip began with the 65th Reunion of Creston High School’s class of 1957. It was exciting to see classmates I hadn’t seen since our 25th Reunion in 1982, but this reunion was the start of more.

With Jannie's Family
With Jannie's Family
It included two big get-togethers catching up with the families of my sister Joyce Van Beekom and my cousin Jannie Marnett—large, loving, close-knit families I am very proud to be part of. But that wasn’t all.

We got together with three special buddies who I met when I was 6 (Butch Hulbert), 12 (Wayne Fish), and 14 (Steve DeVries). That spurred many memories— playing neighborhood sports, exploring nature, and experiencing wildlife. Those experiences plus nature-loving parents and growing up with these buddies are what led me to become a wildlife researcher. We are all thankful for good parents that brought us up in a wholesome neighborhood having fun and experiencing nature instead of drugs and alcohol. Happy, exciting memories flowed as we talked the last few days.

Driving home across the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Donna and I stopped into the Cusino Wildlife Research Station in Shingleton, Michigan for more memories. It was there that my career began in June 1967 as a Summer Research Intern for the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. I had not been back there since I left in August 1968. I hoped the staff would let us explore the building and maybe even find the bunk bed that was mine the summer of 1967. They not only welcomed us and gave us full freedom; they found a book of station history and showed me my name in it.

The whole week was a wonderful time with one glowing moment after another, but it is also good to be back.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25623 on: September 28, 2022, 05:30:58 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here clear 50 and showers in iceland. Good update dr rogers had such a good time.

hi joho dr rogers was busy with family and stuff why no update. hope is still good at the bear center. i just went to ukraine and sure enough russia declaring victory huge turnout for all the people in ukraine at gunpoint to vote for it.

Poland’s foreign minister, Zbigniew Rau, has said Nato’s response to any use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine should be non-nuclear but “devastating”.

Speaking on a visit to Washington, Rau said the alliance was in the process of delivering that message to Moscow.

The Russian military debacle in Ukraine, where its forces are being pushed back in the east of the country, has increased concerns that a desperate Vladimir Putin could resort to using a nuclear weapon, possibly a lower-yield tactical warhead, in a bid to shock Ukraine into halting its resistance to his invasion.

Gas bubbles from the Nord Stream 2 leak in the Baltic Sea.
European leaders blame sabotage as gas pours into Baltic from Nord Stream pipelines
Read more
“To the best of our knowledge, Putin is threatening to use tactical nuclear weapons on Ukrainian soil, not to attack Nato, which means that Nato should respond in a conventional way,” Rau told the NBC News program Meet the Press. “But the response should be devastating. And I suppose this is the clear message that the Nato alliance is sending to Russia right now.”

The US national security adviser, Jake Sullivan, warned on Sunday that any nuclear use by the Kremlin would have “catastrophic consequences for Russia”, which had been “spelled out” in private conversations with Russian officials.

hi neva I have been giving my hippo dogs penny and brownie cali too a treat when they come back in right away when they get back so i can open the gate into the livingroom get my scooter in when they shut up and they are wanting those treats too and im lucky they are smart knowing mind and we get them and i think they just mind too cause they love me so much.  really helps to have a dog mind esp a big one. sometimes i let them have their way cause that is fair too. i went back to the barn yesterday afternoon to get all that hay i got out of sweets corner in buckets maybe watching me got it all in buckets just that corner by his back door was 8 buckets hay is stacked up high in there also it was up against the door so like slooping then going up the door packed down. i took my rake put it thru his bars and raked the other side over to cover up that corner i just wanted to make it level not go up the door. he came right over too checking out that rake i said sure would be nice if you went and laid down in your bed and he went and laid in his bed!! i said well ill be i got all level out so done with his area.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C0055D4B90B2

ian hit key west i thought of jp and that time he had to go to miami and be in that shelter

gb florida gb us gb ukraine
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25624 on: September 28, 2022, 09:32:37 AM »

7:29   Need new glasses I think.
World News is disheartening and worrisome.  GB Ukraine and God Protect the world from Putin.
 Also, I am concerned about the bear chat.  We have been  dwindling away.  I think the plans to isolate the bears for the entire Winter, barring Tasha from her favorite den, then starting construction late in the Spring is a disaster.   Bear interest and support will evaporate.  Already moderators are in short supply.  This will only worsen as more continuous interference with bear activity is caused by continuous construction activities.
IMO
Bear welfare should be paramount.  Construction should be delayed, intermittent, or canceled when bear behavior indicates too much stress.
Well That's my two cents for this morning.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Florida

calihoula

« Reply #25625 on: September 28, 2022, 03:24:40 PM »

hi joho i have not had time for bear chat so i went there earlier but chat was closed i thought what is my pass username but my ipad remembered it so got on watched ted cat fight in laundry room hang on retro bulling coaly i dont know what is going on but bears should and must come first. if one is stressed that needs to end. nothing is more important there than those bears. seeing ian hit big hurricane i asked jim where is cathy lawrences wife he passed from covid her mobile home in the path she is at her sisters in oklahoma if she has a sister that loves her and good to her she should move by her. she has no kids no pets rick who is lawrences cousin and old friend him and kerry moved to florida big huge fancy house my cousin lives in miami beach i think he will be okay. jps son in jacksonville fl. david bromstad of hgtv my lottery dream house in orlando read tom brady got his family out of tampa to miami. yes putin is the worse the worse comes up with more lies evil just do a mock vote and now take it over  >:(
gb ukraine gb the bears gb florida gb freedom
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #25626 on: September 29, 2022, 05:14:01 AM »

hi you guys its 44 and clear here 47 and sunny in iceland i watched that ian hit now a cat 1 hope no animals got hurt or worse.

well dogs letting me know time to eat so its time for them to eat. i have really good dogs im lucky. maybe ate in the barn then followed me back and when i opened the side door she ran in and my three boy cats looking at her and she hissed and let out a meow and i let her back out and my boys looked at me like wth was that? i would like for them all get along and bring maybe in.

GB Ukraine GB florida GB us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EE055D597516

johoward

« Reply #25627 on: September 29, 2022, 11:28:41 AM »

5:42 Pretty nice out.  Good for walking.
God help Florida.
God help Ukraine.
God help us and all the animals.
CUL EV 1

calhound

« Reply #25628 on: September 30, 2022, 05:22:59 AM »

hi you guys its 45 here and clear 47 and clear in iceland. lots of deaths from that ian and rescues just awful. saw on the world news this man stayed him and his german shepherd he said they had to get on the couch from water than higher up and then he held his big dog up over his head for 5 hours and they did make it. i would of left gotten all the kids and started driving they really stressed how bad ian was going to be and its still on the move. :( too bad ian could not reach putin.

GB Ukraine GB Florida GB all animals and all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EA055D587920

johoward

« Reply #25629 on: September 30, 2022, 07:06:35 PM »

7:16 finally got a chance to do the puzzle.  Been talking to a long lost half-sister for a long while.  Doing washing most of the day laying around.  Took two short bike rides.  It was so nice out, but did put on a light jacket.
Prayers for Florida and others hit with cyclone. Looks pretty bad.
I will say good night now.
GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25630 on: October 01, 2022, 05:34:02 AM »

hi you guys its 47 here and clear 50 and raining and said windy in iceland next thursday said down to the 30's at night i hope it ends pennys allergies stuff. those girls dug a huge hole in the middle of their yard yesterday  >:(

hi joho yes pretty bad for florida  :( i watched it hit sc last night all that rain the wind but not as bad as florida yet said tons of people move there every year not me

GB Florida GB Ukraine GB all of us and all the animals

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/23055D580B91

calihoula

« Reply #25631 on: October 01, 2022, 09:58:43 AM »

Sunken Gardens flamingos, still in a St. Petersburg bathroom, are doing fine
A post of the birds hunkering down during Hurricane Ian has taken the internet by storm

The flamingos of Sunken Gardens are still in the bathroom. Don’t worry, they’re doing just fine.

On the day Hurricane Ian crashed into Florida, the century-old roadside attraction posted a picture of its Chilean flamingos huddling in front of restroom stalls. The Instagram caption of the now-viral image described the animals, “having quite the hurricane party; eating, drinking and dancing.”

“It was just mainly for our members and folks that follow us,” said supervising director Dwayne Biggs. “It’s gone all over the country

Sunken Gardens started preparing for the storm last week. The animals, which are used to spending the night inside, often weather storms in another hurricane-proof building on the premises

But as projections forecasted a catastrophic storm barreling directly towards Tampa Bay, Sunken Gardens didn’t want to take any chances. The animals would hunker down in the main building, a two-story fortress supported by steel beams.

The flock went into the women’s powder room next to the main lobby. If you’ve stopped to use the restroom before checking out the gift shop, perhaps the picture looked familiar.

johoward

« Reply #25632 on: October 01, 2022, 09:53:23 PM »

4:23 Felt good to be average.
Gray day all day today.  Ohio is always like that the day after the South has a big storm.  However the sunset was spectacular to make up for the dark day.
Tired now.  So good night and God Bless EV1, Ukraine, Florida, Carolinas, and all wildlife.

calhound

« Reply #25633 on: October 02, 2022, 05:18:21 AM »

Occasional Bears - UPDATE October 1, 2022

Jack's feet

Pixie w/Pauline
Pixie w/Pauline
Cinna and cubs
Cinna and cubs
It’s October and we are still getting the occasional bear. In the last three days, Cinna (non-clan daughter of Kimani) stopped by with her two cubs, 7-year-old Pixie stopped by while it was still light enough to get a blurry picture of her with her daughter Pauline who has a somewhat similar blaze, and Jack showed me how white his feet are getting. They’ll all be hibernating soon.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25634 on: October 02, 2022, 05:26:18 AM »

hi you guys its 49 and clear here 50 windy and raining in iceland good pictures today on update and good all bears will be hiding and sleeping.

Ukraine has taken over lyman just a day after putin annex it.  :)

GB Ukraine GB Florida GB all animals and GB us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/99055D57ED18