Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602283 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25440 on: August 14, 2022, 08:11:33 AM »

Heavy rain now and one did come in

calihoula

« Reply #25441 on: August 14, 2022, 09:32:26 AM »

hi joho i saw it yes i too think its one of the kids was grooming in front of door it did not leave went to left still in there i can hear it too picking at floor stuff maybe waiting for parents to feed it. yes light rain here too i was thinking they got shelter lots of rain coming mon tues wed i cant leave my sound on unless im right here the dogs you know oh kid just ran back to door it just flew out up to that wooden fence so that one really close to its home. i got to check on pearl its quiet now one kid made alot of noise! :) hope other one close too.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25442 on: August 14, 2022, 05:03:03 PM »

grizzie is sick he doesnt want to eat he barked his front feet off the floor this morning and i said ty god for him eating so good sob this afternoon he did eat some hamburger not his reg food but that and two hot dogs can of cat food which is good but he did not eat it fast or like he is starving when  i went to barn he did not bark cause i was gone he has not barked at all he went out to the bathroom when jim cooks griz always gets up goes over for food he did not jim worried too. no fever please god dont take him right now please keep him safe get better
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25443 on: August 14, 2022, 06:30:12 PM »

Canoe ...  45+      96°  (4:19 pm)     Sunny, some clouds and no wind.  Alexa says no rain either.    ?

I tried to post a long post and it just wouldn't post.  You've been spared, I think.  lol!

Anyway... 
I am sorry that Grizz is having a difficult day, and you guys too.  You're in my prayers. Cal. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25444 on: August 15, 2022, 05:03:54 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here 54 and cloudy in iceland barn at 74.

Hi neva! griz went to bed last night he did not bark but came back to my room got on his bed and slept the night he was first one awake this morning got up went out and peed got a long drink came back in laid down i let the girls in and went to the barn when i came in the garage i heard him barking  :) came in petted my boy and he wanted back out girls in my room and let him out by himself he went and pooped got another big drink and is laying down right now i do not know about him eating yet but he is better. i am sorry to miss your long post! darn it sometimes it just does that has to me and i say next time.  no rain was in forecast for you yesterday weather channel said. showing places that did get it some flooded

hi joho! i just went to turkey vultures and did not see anyone.

GB Ukraine ty god for griz

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2B055D4A8273?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25445 on: August 15, 2022, 05:46:34 AM »

6:19 eyes watering.  Need coffee.
 It is hard to lose a big post.  Happens to me when I hit the wrong key sometimes.  Never a good thing.  Sorry to miss what it is you wanted to share Neva. Also don't like it when I turn on my phone chat and see a text I wrote a while ago and forgot to hit send.  Why no answer ? Oh never sent the question. LOL
Sounds like Griz is better thank God and Cal. TV are really growed up too soon.  Our last babies of summer.  Boss came to Debbie with a baby rabbit in his mouth.  He did not hurt it, but it was squealing loud she said.  She put it back near it's nest and it was gone later.  Now he can't walk past a weed without snuffling into it.  Walks take a lot longer.
 CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25446 on: August 15, 2022, 06:28:28 AM »

hi joho! griz ate can cat food and i had a big piece of ham in wrapped deal jims dad sent home i told griz its got his name on it he ate it. jim said he barked when i was in the barn he was happy to hear that. so hoping just a bug he had. hoping later on today he barks and barks with front feet off the ground for his food helps jim cook later. yes tv kids grow so fast. laughing at forgetting to send text i have done that why no answer. good boss not kill baby bunny! he is a good dog kind dog. you be careful walking him esp another dog shows up.

On Telegram, Governor Hayday wrote that Ukrainian forces "hit an enemy HQ whose whereabouts were established thanks to a Russian journalist".
"This time the successful strike destroyed the Wagner PMC HQ in Popasna yesterday," he said. He added that "the number of dead is being clarified".
The Ukrainian daily Ukrainska Pravda reports that a pro-Kremlin Russian journalist, Sergei Sreda, revealed the Wagner HQ in a Telegram post on 8 August. He posted photos of his visit to the HQ and a sign in one of them identified its address as Mironovskaya 12, Popasna.
The post was later removed, but copies are circulating on social media.
Popasna lies just south of Severodonetsk in Luhansk region, which Russian forces now entirely control, following months of bitter fighting and huge

i wish they would not of posted this cause maybe make this mistake again show location

calihoula

« Reply #25447 on: August 15, 2022, 02:56:49 PM »

hi you guys me and cali was coming up the basement steps fed my mom cats heard griz barking i said coming Cali thats griz came on up when that boy is ready to go to my bedroom and go to bed he is ready he was barking his front feet came off the floor  :) he is now in his bed with clean blankets and extra cold in there time for pearl now

calhound

« Reply #25448 on: August 16, 2022, 05:02:09 AM »

hi you guys its 70 and storming. lighting lit my way to the barn. some little wet raccoonies following me. its 54 and raining in iceland. griz is barking and barking in the kitchen girls wanted back in my room after going out in the rain. i gotta hurry to griz

GB Ukraine read putin wanting to be friends with north korea rocket man. sure he wants his people to go die for him.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/20055D51B414?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25449 on: August 16, 2022, 11:49:22 AM »

5:16 Good for me.  Not much to talk about.  Debbie on gramma duty and I am just hanging out.  Looks like rain this afternoon.  Did go for longish bike ride (4 or 5 Miles) this morning.  Then lots of texting to cousins.  Quite a few emails from spam and etc. Some new posts on Joan's Facebook page.  Mostly from her cousins.  I like to see them, but don't respond.
Good news on Griz. Thanks.
I will go make some lunch now.  I think I have some homemade soup and a ham sandwich on the menu.  Will drink water. Got up early so will have a nap after lunch.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25450 on: August 16, 2022, 12:14:16 PM »

hi joho wow lots of riding your bike! :) rainy day here your lunch i am going to have vegetarian soup tonight and crackers maybe a cheese sandwich make two sandwiches one for the dogs griz doing good! pearl trying to get sweets pearl trying to get maybe saw a black snake in the barn  :( it was in sweets area i threw out snake away pellets told pearl get it sweets get it take it out! so now ill look for it to be out in open area and try to catch it put it in trash can get lid on duct tape it down take it down the road let it go. come on winter snake sleep thru winter.

calihoula

« Reply #25451 on: August 16, 2022, 12:18:41 PM »

calihoula

« Reply #25452 on: August 16, 2022, 01:30:36 PM »

Live Updates: Ukraine Defies Russia With Attacks on Crimea, a ‘Holy Land’ to Putin
A senior Ukrainian official said that an elite military unit was responsible for the attack, the latest to directly target the peninsula that holds special meaning for Russian President Vladimir Putin

A series of brazen attacks on Russian-occupied Crimea by Ukraine in recent days — the latest on Tuesday by an elite military unit operating behind enemy lines — come in defiance of dire warnings of retaliation from Moscow. A senior Russian official vowed last month that if Ukraine attacked Crimea, it would immediately face its “Judgment Day.”

The Black Sea peninsula that Russia illegally seized in 2014 is more than a crucial military base. It holds special meaning for President Vladimir V. Putin, who has told his people that Crimea is a “sacred place” and Russia’s “holy land.” And by repeatedly striking at the territory, which Russia has held for the better part of a decade, Ukraine has posed a fresh challenge to Mr. Putin’s standing at home

On Tuesday, huge explosions rocked a Russian ammunition depot, as Ukraine tries to counter Moscow’s advantages in matériel and disrupt supply lines by ratcheting up its military tactics and striking deep behind the front. Last week, blasts at a military airfield in Crimea sent beachgoers rushing for cover, and an attack by a makeshift drone in the port city of Sevastopol on July 31 forced Russia to cancel its Navy Day celebrations.

A senior Ukrainian official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss Tuesday’s operation, said an elite unit was responsible for the explosions. And Russia’s Defense Ministry called the blasts an “act of sabotage” — a significant acknowledgment that the war is increasingly spreading to what the Kremlin considers Russian territory

putin you need to have your judgement day

johoward

« Reply #25453 on: August 16, 2022, 03:44:50 PM »

Well had an adequate nap which ended with a call by a drug ins. co. wanting me to home deliver stuff.  I do not do this , because the mail is not reliable enough for medicine.  Glad they woke me though.  Soon after that my favorite niece, Susie, from New York called to say hi and catch up.  Was great to hear her voice.  She will send me pics of her camping trip last week, but not yet.  Also her daughter Meghan caught a large bass and will show me. 
Sounds like Ukraine is holding their own, and even taking it to the Russians a little.  Where is justice?  Kennedys and Lincoln murdered and Putin and his kind just keep on.
Well time to check with cams.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25454 on: August 17, 2022, 04:38:53 AM »

Lily, Shadow, Bow, and More - UPDATE August 16, 2022

Bow's cub
Another course group and good times seeing bears and other wildlife. The phone rings. We pile in the van, drive to the spot, and see what we see. Twice the calls were about 15-year-old Lily and her three cubs, but by the time we arrived we glimpsed no more than silhouettes of Lily leaving through the trees with her three cubs in tow. Bow
Bow
Then the call was about 35-year-old Shadow and a brief look at her whitish face before she drifted off into the woods as her 16-year-old granddaughter Bow arrived with her two cubs. Bow is a good mother and her cubs look extra big for this time of year.Shadow
Shadow

As always, it is exciting to see One-eyed Jack and the others. Yearling Desi is turning out to be a favorite.

We did the pontoon ride this morning in case it rained later, which it did. The eaglet has now departed from the nest tree. The loon chicks are losing their initial fuzzy feathers and showing juvenile plumage on their faces. The rides are always enjoyable. Today the herring gulls that catch bologna in mid-air at the WRI were resting lined up on a branch beside the lake. The white water lily and the placid mallard mother with her duckling looked too good to pass up clicking as we drifted by.

Loon chick
Loon chick

White water lily
White water lily
Mallards
Mallards
Looking forward to the next couple days with the group.

Thank you for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute