Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 601938 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25425 on: August 12, 2022, 03:34:46 PM »

6:31 to see Cal and Neva having a good time.  LOL
I am sad to hear of anyone praising Putin.  No Seagal movies for me for sure.  A traitor to this country. Deb and I are going to a ball game at 6pm.  My first time to go to a stadium in a long time.  She has been here before and had a good time. A cookout type dinner is included.  I think I will wear long pants and sleeves for the first time since May.  It is cool with a breeze, and we have outside seats they say.  It is a newer stadium called Mercy Health and a minor league team called the Avon Crushers.  Should at least be a good dinner.  Will let you know about the game.
Well gotta get ready so will say CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25426 on: August 12, 2022, 05:12:29 PM »

hi joho! oh sounds like fun! yes dress warm and have big fun you and your deb yes tell us all about it have a great dinner! yes seagal is a traitor hope he gets nailed over in ukraine by one of putins missiles!

hi neva ii saw on the weather channel chocolate falls. grand falls az in painted desert on navajo nation wow it was really something! like chcolate fall in willy wonka! just beautiful! from snow melting on mountain and monsoom also said rain in vegas raised lake mead by ten inches! have you been to the painted desert? been to navajo nation?,when i was a kid we took a family trip to see my dads family in vegas but stopped in az and went to a native american nation mom bought stuff from them it was so cool we went to grand canyon lots to see in az. is eden nice to zoe?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25427 on: August 12, 2022, 05:13:53 PM »

joho i forgot checked tv cam did not see anyone turned up sound hear fans and a bird! no dog but a bird brownie whats that sound off.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25428 on: August 13, 2022, 05:10:37 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here 75 in the barn dogs are being extra bad this morning been constant barking and howling since i went out the barn and cam in here.  55 and showers in iceland

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/41055D51EF95?z=0

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:12:51 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25429 on: August 13, 2022, 02:40:36 PM »

Bodies Of Russian Mercenaries Litter Field After Donetsk Battle With Ukrainian Army

Ukrainian soldiers say they found bodies on the battlefield with uniforms bearing Grim Reaper patches near Bakhmut in the Donetsk region. The patches also bore the slogans, "Death is our business -- and business is good," and, "I don't believe in anything. I'm here for violence" -- calling cards for the Vagner Group, a mercenary paramilitary organization. There have been widespread reports of Vagner forces fighting in Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25430 on: August 13, 2022, 02:47:21 PM »

Ukrainian forces in the north saw some gains in territory recaptured, including areas near Kharkiv, a senior Defense Department official said today.

In the Ukrainian city of Kherson, Ukraine's forces continue to press hard against the Russians, the official said. As an example, they inflicted damage on bridges used by the Russians.

On Aug. 9, a series of explosions took place at an airbase in Russian-occupied territory. While the United States does not know what caused the explosions, the official said, what is clear is that they caused significant damage to Russian aircraft and munitions used to attack Ukraine.

The Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in eastern Ukraine is currently under Russian control. According to the International Atomic Energy Agency, there is no immediate threat to nuclear safety, but that could change.

Russia continues to fire indiscriminately on Ukrainian territory, resulting in massive civilian casualties, the official said.

That's largely due to the indiscriminate bombing that the [Russian forces] conduct," the official said.

Although the Russians have a significantly larger force than Ukraine, "the things going against the Russians are the continued impacts [of Ukraine's progress] on their morale, their ability to sustain themselves — all of which have been impacted by the Ukrainians' ability to get after [Russian] command and control, ammunition, sustainment and logistics locations," the official said.

The official said that on a scale of zero to 10, the effectiveness of Ukraine's armed forces would be a 12 "just based on how impressive they've been to us in so many different ways. … They have found ways to do things that we might not have thought were possible."

AUG. 12, 2022 | BY DAVID VERGUN , DOD NEWS

neva

« Reply #25431 on: August 13, 2022, 04:30:05 PM »

Bunny ears Cactus ...  19:38        98°   (1:42 pm)   Not much going on, just another hot day.  It's sunny and no wind to speak of.

I hope that you two are doing okay...  and all who stop by here. 

When I think about the war in the Ukraine, I always picture it as  a WW2 kind of action.  The other day I heard someone mention that at that time, Russia was an ally to our side.  That seems so hard to believe.  Stalin was really no friend to anyone else, and things haven't changed.  They say it's going to be a long war, and I guess maybe it will be.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25432 on: August 14, 2022, 04:57:22 AM »

Lily is Seen - UPDATE August 13, 2022

Eli as a yearling
For the first time this year, Lily was spotted in person with her three cubs. I got a call and raced to the spot but missed her by five minutes I was told. Still, it was exciting. It is amazing that this bear who knows where to find diversionary food in bad food years has not been seen until now in this year of abundant wild food that she evidently prefers to such an extent. I’m sure we’ll have more on her soon. I would like to analyze her droppings to see what she is now eating with wild sarsaparilla on the wane and hazelnuts probably not as abundant as it appeared they would be earlier.Eli taken a few days after leaving their den in April 2013
Eli taken a few days after leaving their den in 2013

On a sad note, we have sleuthed out who a big male bear was that was killed by a car on Highway 169 on June 6. It was 9-year-old Eli who many of you saw born to Lily at about 1 AM on January 12, 2013. He and his sister Ellie were the stars of this fun video: Beary Go Round

His loss is a loss to all who knew him. He was a trusting bear who was never a problem to anyone. The picture is of him as a handsome yearling on May 23, 2014, looking a lot like his mother with his light-colored muzzle. When he was seen this spring before June 6, he had many scars from mating battles. I hope he sired a lot of offspring who might have his gentle personality.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25433 on: August 14, 2022, 05:10:00 AM »

Hi you guys its 72 here 75 in the barn another hot today rain moving in monday night i think the sky looked like a huge popcorn ceiling this morning with the moon kinda showing a little thru it. 54 and showers in iceland it rains way too much there. maybe its just a quick shower and leaves. update very sad i remember that bear very well and that video bear go round me and ra laughed and watched it alot. soon be end of august start of sept bear murdering time. so doubt i read the update much. well kitchen coyotees going at it big time bar bar ruuuuuuuuu bar bar ruuuuuuuuuu

Hi neva! cant hardly believe russia an ally either they must of gotten something out of it. i read putin running out of troops getting mad cause they dont want to go fight dont want to die ( esp for you) he tells them you go fight for your country you will only die once. putin you take your sorry butt out there. yes looks like long war and will putin ever be charged for anything?

hi joho! how was the ballgame and the eats? oh griz i got a little watermelon that has my name on it going to eat it tonight.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9C055D520CDD?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25434 on: August 14, 2022, 06:41:08 AM »

7:21 on cactus.  Was sitting Boss all day yesterday. Was a pleasure.  Deb had Odin, and no car seat.  She had to get a seat to take him for clothes first thing.  Then a family outing at her ex John's sisters house.  They are very clannish.  John and his three Scottish sisters.  She got a seat from her neighbor.  I went to several garage sales and got one for her to keep.  I also got a fishing pole with casting reel.  Not sur if my reel will fit it.  May have to go back for a spinning reel rod.
Boss was with me at my house until about 8:30.  He was great.  Hardly noticed his presence.  We did take a walk around the block.  He tried to go see a Keshaun that looked at him wrong, but I told him NO and SIT.  He did.  I can see how Debbie has been hurt trying to keep him from charging other dogs.  He listened to me to leave it.  Good thing he did too.  I do not think I could hold him if he really wanted to go.  I know now why Debbie worries when he stays with me.  I will be more watchful, and ask her how to ward off these dog triggers.  She has told me, but I forgot what she said.  I don't want to but I will have to tell her about this episode.  This is the first time he has acted up for me.
Putin has to hire killers for his army.  I guess I just don't live right.  It is hard for me to think there are enough of those kind of people in the world.  I guess in Europe and the Middle East as well as Asia it it is common to have hate groups.  Not just in Washington. 
I will try today's puzzle a little later.  Paper in drive I hope and coffee calling me.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #25435 on: August 14, 2022, 07:42:18 AM »

TV just came into loft.  Can't tell if baby

johoward

« Reply #25436 on: August 14, 2022, 07:52:04 AM »

Now just flew out the door.  I think it was a baby one. It was playing with the rocks or something flinging them around.  I leave the site on and go read my paper.  They are so loud I can hear them from all over my house when they land in the door.

johoward

« Reply #25437 on: August 14, 2022, 08:00:07 AM »

Sounds like they are running around on the roof now.  Must be the babies.

johoward

« Reply #25438 on: August 14, 2022, 08:03:13 AM »

rain has started. maybe they will come in out of the rain.

johoward

« Reply #25439 on: August 14, 2022, 08:08:52 AM »

Rain stopped. No show.  I will go finish the paper and a second cup.  Will listen and let you know if I hear them return.