Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 601981 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25350 on: July 30, 2022, 04:55:08 AM »

Ted - UPDATE July 29, 2022

Ted - Photo by K. Vincent
Yesterday with Kate and her family, including 17-year-old Veronica, the first thing they wanted to do was see Ted. He was lying in his bunker not stirring. I felt honored when he recognized my voice and came to the fence making his high grunts of greeting. It’s a feeling that no other bear gives me. Kate got a picture of him with his white hairs that seemed to me to be more numerous than ever. It was a high point of the day for all of us.

I’m thankful for Ted and thankful for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25351 on: July 30, 2022, 05:21:22 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here clear 55 in iceland raining again there. love the update we love ted.

Hi Joho! Hope you got your tv service back on. I watched the weather channel last night saw the flooding in vegas hope lake mead got lots of that.

Hi Neva! i saw that flooding in rimrock AZ wow too. saw yes you are in the path of more rain so did you get it yesterday? no no i love to talk about the weather esp other places so you please talk about it. i plan on it. it was very thankful for me to open that barn door and hear pearl talking to me and sweets all happy and maybe running out of her bed to me and i dumped out dog food raccoonies popped out. pearl still was sick yesterday signs of needing to be wormed again i wormed her first of the month and again yesterday at 11:30 am and by 4 pm she was much better so i am going to start her on daily worming with one day a month off it give her the paste wormer. some people have no idea what all needs to be done to take care of your horse for its whole life. yes neva it was very scary very. and you are right how many still get a paper delivered no one does around here course we are very rural oh jims dad get it. sometimes i think his is late too and it upsets him. i use to buy books then i bought them on my kindle keep them on it then i went to using my library cause it got ebooks so now just my library. if i miss reading it all just check it out again wait for it. well there goes griz

GB Ukraine putin wish you would get colic.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C5055D4EADEA
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25352 on: July 30, 2022, 09:06:05 AM »

Good morning 8:15  Was a hard one.  Nice here. 66 degrees and calm. Good riding weather.
Neva we are of an age that weather is one of our most important subjects in case you did not notice.  Something we can all share without fear of offending like politics and religion.  So keep it coming if you like.  I mean I even find Cal's mention of Greenland to be informative, and when I visit the Dublin Ireland cam where Marge lives I always check the temp. and compare the clothes I see. 
Lots of activities starting up today.  Not sure yet where I will go.  Fairs in two nearby counties, restored train rides. auction sale, visit donut shop bird lady on the way to find blackberries.  Lots of choices and low on funds until Monday.  May just go fishing instead.  LOL
Paper di show up this morning.  So I had a nice relaxing breakfast.  Now listening to the TV babies banging around in their loft while I am typing this.  They keep on looking out the door.  Won't be long they will fly out the door.  I do not recall if they come back to the nest, but I suspect not.
Well bike is calling.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25353 on: July 30, 2022, 06:08:40 PM »

hi joho your weather this morning nice too. weather is something we all can share and we can grip about it and its okay to do that! we can be happy about it sometimes it is bad stuff poor ky  :( hate the wildfires please god send rain to them. pearl is better so hoping in the morning lot better sweets cried when he could not see her but pearl does cry for him. he jumps in their corner she tries to bite him then he tries to ram her but pearl would be so happy to be the only one thats bad not nice but that is pearl. she misses me cries for me. i say time for my bed eat your hay please be up and okay in the morning i asked god jesus our guardian angels for it she eats her hay she napped alot today. we got lots of fairs going on state fair soon i wondered when your fairs started.

hi neva weather channel showing you in path of thunderstorms did you get some? do you have fairs there? i forgot your big cats name what is it? big siamese was here guess those people not found it a home yet or maybe they are keeping they run a cat rescue across the road. sure that is where maybe came from last year missy googled it like jim did yep cat rescue she said those cats must be get fixed so maybe came fixed i kept waiting for kittens ty god! she dont like other cats runs them off she tries to the raccoonies but i get on her she is a pearl.  :) to me that picture of pres zen first lady says putin you bring harm to her  >:(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 06:12:55 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #25354 on: July 31, 2022, 05:23:51 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here but its humid not cool like yesterday morning 74 in the barn

Griz barking jim up pearl is doing better this morning going to cut some grass in the hay field and bring that to her see if she would like that. let rest dry out give that to her not run it thru a baler.

its 55 and raining in iceland

GB Ukraine putin you need to be ran thru a baler

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3A055D4C97D4?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25355 on: July 31, 2022, 11:39:39 AM »

8;46  Hard one. Nice morning. Only 75 at noon.  Went for ride at about 7.  Quite a few people out walking.  Went for a train ride in Medina Rail Trail yesterday. Train was too little.  It was not what I remembered from years past.  Have to keep looking
 Today I will go walk around the Medina Fair Grounds.  The fair starts tomorrow, but lots to see today.  Some fair foods will be available, and my favorite donut shop will be open until 2 ish.
GBU All and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25356 on: July 31, 2022, 02:00:52 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25357 on: July 31, 2022, 06:08:09 PM »

Windsurf Bay ... 31:50     100° (3:31 pm)  In the last couple of days, we did get some rain ... not a lot, but I am grateful for any.  Who knows about today?

Hi you two, and anyone else that comes by here.  I hope that all is going well for you.

Yes, Cal, we have a State Fair up in Phoenix each year, and each county has a Fair each year.  I have been to the State Fair only twice, one of those times was primarily to go to a concert ... 'Lonestar'.

Hey, I love that new 'Kitchen Roomba' you posted.  We have a smaller version in this house... a Cairn Terrier that is the Official Taste Tester in this house.  ... Oh, and she is the 'Sous Chef' too.

Joho ... What is your favorite thing to see at the Fair?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:10:47 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #25358 on: July 31, 2022, 06:14:47 PM »

Cal.  The Siamese that is always hanging out with me is named 'Eden'.  Her younger sister from another litter lives here too.  She is also big and is named 'Ruby'.

It looks like a storm might be coming - who knows?  Michelle is spending the afternoon making Tamales.  She was lucky to have been taught how to make them by the mother and mother-in-law of a friend of hers, so she knows the right way to do it.

It's raining pretty good.   (5:12)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:12:35 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25359 on: August 01, 2022, 05:21:43 AM »

hi you guys its 79 here real feel 84 its hot and humid when i saw the temp on the weather channel i said girls got to get up now went to my bathroom and could hear little raccoonies looked out the window bunch at the door waiting for me maybe out there too. it is 75 in the barn what it is set on but my 5 gallon bucket to catch the water draining from ac was almost to the top! i use some of it to fill water bowls in the barns. pearl doing so good i started her on daily worming yesterday at 3 pm cause i do the epm medicine at 7 am keep them apart. i have to mow the dogs yards so going to do that at first light i hope.

hi neva! yes its eden! and does eden and ruby like each other i hope so. yay you got some of that rain!! lots of flooding in AZ dont want you to get that. Jim loves them tamales. he gets the kind in a can i do not know how to make them and i really dont cook anymore holidays i do but every day not anymore did that forever but not anymore. jim cooks his food or he stops at price choppers gets one. i am busy all the time with other stuff. i just gave one of cats in here a hit of antibiotics he has a cold and he clawed me but good on my forearm i put some liquid paper on it to stop the bleeding. cali still in bed she does not care for heat either but i am going to get her and out to pee. right back in yesterday afternoon it was hot and griz went out and then all over the yard i had to get my cane try to herd him back in he finally got back in and he went straight to my bedroom door got a drink and got on his bed went sound asleep. well there he goes barking and barking and girls have joined in pack of coyotes howling in the kitchen. high pitches then low griz howling. zoe is the sous chef  :)

Hi Joho! Did you get your donuts jim loves those little chocolate covered donuts.

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/82055D5352EE?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25360 on: August 01, 2022, 08:33:29 AM »

4;47 going to fair soon.  To see my favorite, the lovable goats.  I really do like seeing all the animals and watching the horse people of all kinds.  I love most fair food.  Too late for donuts yesterday.  Spent the day looking for berry patches.  Got to Medina at 2:10.  Too late.  Will try again.  Maybe on way to fair.  Not sure yet, but did get in bike ride at 8 to 8:40.  Was cool 75 degrees, but still got sweaty against the wind.
Now to wash up and head out.
Rain for Neva! YAY! I am celebrating with a glass of diet Dr. Pepper. LOL
Speech Pathologist/Mom, Mary, back from maternity leave today.  Dash, AKA tiny Sebastian, is with Gramma Debbie and Boss all day.  Hope all goes well.  Will check about noon, and offer to help.
GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25361 on: August 01, 2022, 01:16:20 PM »

RUSSIA’S WAR ON UKRAINE
American-made rocket launchers not used in Ukraine prison strike, U.S. assesses
The determination contradicts Russian claims that Ukraine is responsible for the attack

The U.S. has assessed that Ukraine did not attack a prison in a Russian-occupied eastern region of Donetsk with American-made rocket launchers last week, directly contradicting Russian claims, according to two U.S. officials.

Kyiv and Moscow have traded blame over Thursday’s attack, which reportedly killed 53 Ukrainian prisoners of war and wounded 75 more. The POWs include soldiers captured after the fall of Mariupol, the city where troops famously held out for months against a fierce Russian offensive.

prison in Russian-controlled Olenivka to cover up alleged torture and execution of the prisoners there. But Russia claims Ukraine’s military used the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System and precision-guided rockets to strike the site themselves to deter defectors.

However, no traces of the U.S.-provided weapons were found at the site, according to two U.S. officials with knowledge of the assessment, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic.

“We know Ukraine didn’t attack the site with HIMARS because the site doesn’t have the indications it would have if it was hit with HIMARS,” one of the officials said.

While one of the officials stopped short of saying Ukraine was not responsible for the strike, the other official said the evidence showed the attack was not conducted by Kyiv. Satellite photos of the site released by Maxar Technologies on July 30 appear to show damage only to the section of the detention center housing Ukrainian prisoners, with no collateral damage to surrounding buildings.

Over the weekend, Ukrainian authorities called for an international investigation into the attack. They rejected Moscow’s claims, saying they are gathering evidence that will prove Russia was responsible for the deaths of the prisoners in what they described as a “terrorist attack.”

Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, said on Twitter that the photos of the site after the attack suggested “a thermobaric explosion from the inside” of the facility.

He also said Russia had transferred some Ukrainian prisoners to the building that was destroyed in the attack just a few days prior, suggesting it was premeditated.

calihoula

« Reply #25362 on: August 01, 2022, 01:17:30 PM »

“It was a deliberate Russian war crime, a deliberate mass murder of Ukrainian prisoners of war,” Zelenskyy said in a speech on Friday.

But Russian Defense Ministry spokesperson Lt. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said the attack was a “bloody provocation” designed to deter Ukrainian soldiers from surrendering.

The death of the prisoners is particularly painful for Ukraine because many had fought to defend Mariupol, holding out for weeks at the city’s Azovstal steelworks against a Russian offensive. They finally surrendered in May, but the siege became a symbol of Ukraine’s defiance. Russia took an estimated 2,500 soldiers from the city as prisoners of war.

Even before the prison explosion, Ukrainian officials — and some members of Congress — have called on Washington to designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, a move Secretary of State Antony Blinken has so far resisted. Russian forces have repeatedly attacked civilian targets, including apartment buildings, shopping malls, schools and hospitals, resulting in countless civilian deaths.

Christopher Miller contributed to this report.

calihoula

« Reply #25363 on: August 01, 2022, 01:19:42 PM »

i am so angry over that prison attack i think of those on that bus that had to surrender that woman and her dog sob blinken  >:( what will it take to hit moscow what

neva

« Reply #25364 on: August 01, 2022, 04:50:25 PM »

Beacon ... 30 +      98°  (2:00 pm)     We got a really nice thunderstorm yesterday, and it lasted the better part of an hour.  It was so appreciated.   I am a bit greedy and hoping for more today.

Hi you two ... I hope that your day is going well. 

Cal ... Eden is 9 years old today.  She and Ruby interact occasionally, but for the most part kind of ignore each other, and they have different personalities.  Ruby is the calm loner and Eden is full of energy and getting into things... full of mischief.

Putin is an idiot, the world has already had the chance to know what the Ukrainians are like as a people, and there is no way that they would kill their own people.  ... that is something Putin would do.

Joho ...  I would be drawn to the animals too at a fair, and the Arts & Crafts.  I really like Quilts, especially some of the modern ones.  I bet the food is good, especially if farm women are involved in making it.   You know, I love those little miniature goats, they are adorable. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 05:00:00 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)