Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602011 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25170 on: June 29, 2022, 07:50:35 AM »

cousin still in hospital Good morning!  Hot shower & shampoo, clean linens...life is good.  Now just to get outta here 😉  Have a great day! now dang potassium is low! 

her little dog sassy sure is missing her cousin matt and renee got her.

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25171 on: June 29, 2022, 01:50:46 PM »

President Joe Biden, right, meets with Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan during the NATO summit in Madrid, Spain, on Wednesday, June 29. (Susan Walsh/AP)
US President Joe Biden thanked his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdoğan at the start of a meeting Wednesday for agreeing to allow Finland and Sweden to join NATO.

"I want to particularly thank you for what you did, putting together the situation with regard to Finland and Sweden, and all the incredible work you're going to try to get the grain out of ... Ukraine," Biden told Erdoğan during the NATO summit in Madrid.

"You're doing a great job," Biden added.

Turkey has been in discussions with Russia about exporting grain from Ukraine. Erdoğan said he hopes diplomacy will help to get grain out of Ukraine.

“I pray that we’ll be able to re-establish the balance through diplomacy in order to cultivate positive results, especially with regards to the grain,” Erdoğan told Biden.

“The conflict between Russia and Ukraine and the negative developments with regards to taking grain out of Ukrainian ports, as well as the developments involving oil and natural gas, require all of us to work together in order to settle the disputes once and for all,” he added.
“There are countries that are deprived of the grain and we will open corridors and we will allow them access to the grain that they so need,” he said.

Erdoğan said it gave him “great pleasure” to meet with Biden “after a long interval.”

Erdogan said that the two leader's joint efforts mean that "we will be able to go back to our countries with our hands full
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25172 on: June 29, 2022, 01:52:48 PM »

5 hr 46 min ago
Turkey will renew extradition requests to Finland and Sweden after signing memorandum at NATO summit
From CNN’s Isil Sariyuce in Istanbul
Turkey will follow up on its extradition requests for its 33 terror suspects in Sweden and Finland after it signed a trilateral memorandum with the two countries in Madrid on Tuesday, Turkish Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ said.

“We will ask them to fulfill the requirements of our applications after this memorandum of understanding. We have already applied for extradition. The files of six PKK and six FETO terrorists in Finland and 10 FETO and 11 PKK terrorists in Sweden,” Bozdag said when replying to reporter’s questions in Ankara on Wednesday. “Our ministry will write about their return and remind them again ... Once again, we ask them to fulfill their promises."

calihoula

« Reply #25173 on: June 29, 2022, 01:54:19 PM »

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky appears on a giant screen as he delivers a statement at the start of the first plenary session of the NATO summit at the Ifema congress centre in Madrid, on June 29. (Gabriel Bouys/AFP/Getty Images)
“Has Ukraine not paid enough (to join NATO)?” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky asked leaders of the military alliance as they met Wednesday.

Addressing the NATO summit in Madrid via video link from Kyiv, Zelensky added: “Is our contribution to the defense of both Europe and the whole civilization still insufficient? What else is needed then?”

In a dig at the lack of a clear pathway to join the alliance, Zelensky used the analogy of the Kyiv metro system turnstiles, which are always open until you approach them and then they ask you to pay.

“We need security guarantees, and you need to find a place for Ukraine in the common security space," he added.
The president, dressed in his now famous military fatigues, also called for NATO to “revise” how it views its eastern flank.

“It is possible to get rid of the 'gray' zone, to guarantee security only together with Ukraine," he said.

"Just think about one fact now: today, a country that is not a member of NATO, albeit with your support, has been holding back a state for more than four months, which you all officially identify as the main threat to yourself. And we are holding back Russia from destroying us and from destroying you,” Zelensky said.
“Is it a coincidence that all Allies in the east, all our neighbors, are in favor of Ukraine's membership in NATO? No, this is not a coincidence. This is logic. This is the knowledge of life in our region,” he said.

Later on Wednesday, NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said Ukraine can "count" on NATO allies for support "for as long as it needs."

Addressing a press conference in Madrid, the secretary general said he was "pleased" that Zelensky could virtually address the NATO summit and commended the president's "leadership and courage," calling him "an inspiration to us all

well hay sec general put ukraine in nato!

calihoula

« Reply #25174 on: June 29, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »

Ukraine recovers 95 Mariupol steel plant soldiers captured by Russia in prisoner swap, defense ministry says
From CNN's Roman Tymotsko
The Ukrainian government has been able to secure the return of 144 soldiers, including 95 who were part of the defense of the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol, the Ukraine Defense Ministry’s Defense Intelligence said in a statement on Wednesday.

“Another exchange of prisoners took place, thanks to which 144 Ukrainian defenders returned home. This is the largest exchange since the beginning of a full-scale Russian invasion. Of the 144 released, 95 are Azovstal defenders. Among them are 43 servicemen of the Azov Regiment,” the statement read.

“Most of the released Ukrainians have serious injuries: gunshot and shrapnel wounds, explosive injuries, burns, fractures, amputations of limbs. They all receive appropriate emergency medical and psychological care,” the statement added.
The Ukrainian government released an equal number of soldiers of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic and the Russian Federation in the latest prisoner swap, DPR head Denis Pushilin said on Wednesday.

“Today, we are returning home 144 soldiers of the Donetsk People's Republic and the Russian Federation who were captured by the enemy,” Pushilin said. “We handed over to Kyiv the same number of prisoners from the armed formations of Ukraine.”

CNN's Julia Presnikova contributed reporting to this

i hope one of the prisoners out maripol steel plant was that woman soldier with her dog.

gb ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25175 on: June 29, 2022, 02:01:34 PM »

DISCHARGED! Now to wait for paperwork

cousin janice going home joho where are you?

neva

« Reply #25176 on: June 29, 2022, 07:35:18 PM »

Beer Truck ... 29:25      93°  (5:19 pm)   Some clouds, a bit of sun and not much wind.  Just another day in paradise. 

Last year we had a great monsoon season. lots of rain and it was a surprise to us after so many years of drought conditions.  This year it isn't doing much yet.

I knew Turkey wanted something out of the situation with Sweden and Finland.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25177 on: June 30, 2022, 05:20:32 AM »

ed, Mother Bears, Wild Food, and Thin Soil - UPDATE June 29, 2022

Ted marking aspen tree
At the Bear Center, Ted showed his high testosterone as he used his crown and neck to scent-mark an aspen with youthful vigor in this one-minute video https://www.facebook.com/NorthAmericanBearCenter/videos/586565343056854.

AElvis (yearling)
Elvis (yearling)
t the WRI, the Lily-Wait goes on. We also haven’t yet seen adult females Bow, Colleen, Ursula, Daisy, and Pixie and Lucy and their cubs have gone undercover as good rain continues to grow good greens. Yearlings like Donna’s Elvis who we are seeing here are showing their preferences for wild foods by turning from supplemental food to clover and new sprouts of grass. We hope the missing females, including Lily, will grace us with visits soon.

Aspen blowdown with shallow roots
Aspen blowdown with shallow roots
A big wind a couple days ago showed us once again how shallow the soil is. This mature aspen was rooted in the few inches of soil covering rocks visible in the picture that Judy Thon took with her cell phone. The shallow, sandy soil over rocks explains why this area was so susceptible to drought the last two years. Thankfully, this year, with its frequent showers, has a great berry crop developing—so different from the last couple years when diversionary food was so important in keeping desperately hungry bears in this area out of trouble.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25178 on: June 30, 2022, 05:46:55 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here nice update sure lily is okay not spotted yet. i think good bears hid out really. i had mom raccoonie one who chases me down and takes cookies from me and her one kid who always chases me down for a cookies waiting for me as i went out the door. rest in the barn lots of them. i was tossing out cookies putting out dog food in the pans for them pearl stomping the ground saying omg will you forget about them raccoonies and get back here to me! maybe following me. i have to go all the way into the city this morning to see implant dr.  :(

Hi Neva yep turkey had to get something but i knew finland and sweden would get in sec gen and biden was on that. at least erdogan did not get a ton of stuff he just loved meeting with biden and getting all that attention.. still good for finland and sweden to be in nato i hope i live long enough to see ukraine in it too. could take a really long time and it should not i remember last year and you getting that rain. hopefully you will get some soon. it is 59 in iceland and raining.

Hi Joho

GB ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/19055D512B10
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25179 on: June 30, 2022, 07:12:16 AM »

my computer messed up had to close and was just going to forget this post but got it back dog shame messed it up i think this site but i left it did my chores checking on it before i leave

johoward

« Reply #25180 on: June 30, 2022, 07:20:14 AM »

5:44 I am Here. Just going out more to walk and bike.  Legs are stiffening up from sitting too much.  The air has been cool and nice so out I go.  Like the sound of Janice's reports so far.  Did she have covid?  I still wear my mask a lot.  Others do not. Make me feel a little old fashioned, but I don't care.  Let em stare. LOL
I did go to the movie with my Deb to see Top Gun.  I did not enjoy it as much as I expected.  The story was good.  The filming was good, but the sound was too loud.  My ears are still ringing.  Two days later.
Pretty nice here by Lake Erie.  Got to go get car serviced this morning.  So cul ev1 GBU and GB Ukraine.  Turkey should have fewer terrorists. IMHO

calihoula

« Reply #25181 on: June 30, 2022, 12:24:44 PM »

hi joho! good your okay! cousin janice posted this

Good morning! Went to bed at 9:30PM. Thought I got up at 2:30AM turns out it was 12:30AM.🤭 Gotta love 🙄 these steroids or prednisone, for the next 16 days!
Got quite a bit accomplished before 2:15!
Have a great day and stay safe❣
PS Even though I was in for pneumonia, I was on the COVID floor, because I was immune from having it previously, the floor was full. The nasty stuff is still out there

i saw dr foster implant he took many xrays my left front tooth next tooth little loose implant next to it pretty loose next tooth not loose and next new implant he said it looked good so i see dentist next thursday morning for making impression for new tooth on new implant dr foster said he will call dr platte and have him remove the crown then i got to drive out to implant place dr foster look at my implant if crown needs to be tighten back to platte for that looks like when i fell broke some bone around implant  :( so if then get a new implant with bone graft wait 4 months platte make crown if so i might as well go with this one for awhile since will need a new one anyway but sure dr will say no i wouldnt do that. so im trying to look at it like it is what it is. i heard on radio top gun brought in lots of money when it comes on hbo i will watch it at home.

calhound

« Reply #25182 on: July 01, 2022, 05:21:56 AM »

cousin janice wanted me to post her post here too  I had an amazing support group during the whole COVID/Pneumonia experience...thank you from the bottom of my heart.   Just doesn't seem to be enough praise.  Hugs to each of you!

Hi You guys its 73 here very humid big storms heading here  :( i have to run to the store will have to put down pellets in the barn heavy rain it will flood but not as bad as before.

GB Ukraine

Snake Island “free again”: The small but strategic territory of Snake Island is “free again,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in his nightly address on Thursday. “It significantly changes the situation in the Black Sea,” Zelensky said. “Step by step, we will drive them out of our sea, our land, and our sky.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8A055D5057F1?z=0

calhound

« Reply #25183 on: July 01, 2022, 05:22:51 AM »

doing the dog shame in another post

johoward

« Reply #25184 on: July 01, 2022, 06:12:52 AM »

6:31 I am avgerage. YAY

Thanks for being here.  I am early and can't stay.  Coffee and paper waiting..  So CULEV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine who won back Snake Island.