Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602116 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25155 on: June 26, 2022, 07:09:14 AM »

5.33  More alert even though it is early for me.  Need to go get paper out front.  Then make coffee.  GBU, GB our mothers and our Congress.   Who now must act to restrain the Supreme Court.  GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25156 on: June 26, 2022, 07:11:49 AM »

i could not do dog shame on my desktop so on my ipad
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25157 on: June 26, 2022, 07:17:54 AM »

Court ruling?
Article V of the Constitution allows Congress to amend the constitution by a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress or if two-thirds of the states request one. The amendment must be ratified by three-fourths of the state legislatures. This has been used to override Supreme Court decisions in the past

power?
Congress can pass legislation to attempt to limit the Court's power: by changing the Court's jurisdiction; by modifying the impact of a Court decision after it has been made; or by amending the Constitution in relation to the Court.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25158 on: June 26, 2022, 07:21:28 AM »

calihoula

« Reply #25159 on: June 26, 2022, 09:07:11 AM »

rowed the boat 3:28

looks like my desktop finally did post first dog shame congress can over turn supreme court but dont see enough votes for that joho your right everyone needs to get out and vote

« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 09:10:24 AM by calihoula »

neva

« Reply #25160 on: June 26, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »

Scull & Oars ... 30:47      94° (3:02 pm)  Bella tells me we have a 70+ % chance of rain today, yet it looks less likely then it did yesterday.  We shall see.  This is a big valley that I live in, so they can have a great storm in one part of the valley, and nothing elsewhere.  That is why we used to gather the family up sometimes and drive over to where the storm was.

When I was a child, it was very different.  During the Monsoon season, every afternoon at about 3 pm, a dust storm would blow in from the east and across the valley, so thick that sometimes you couldn't see to drive, then at about 3:30 or so, the rain would come, down hard and fill up the streets and it was wonderful.  You could smell the desert Creosote bushes, it was great.  After the rain, kids would try to get out there to play in the puddles.  We really haven't had anything like that for many years, it has been over 20 years of drought conditions.  When they say in a weather forecast that we are getting rain, well probably not everyone is going to get it.

That was interesting, Cal, what you posted about the fact that there are ways to get around a Supreme Court Ruling,  I don't know that it would be possible at this point with the current make up of our Congress.  I think we are stuck for a while.  The people who do not like what is going on these days have got to care enough to get up off their butts and vote, no matter what,  It would make the difference.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25161 on: June 27, 2022, 05:36:05 AM »

hi you guys it is 58 here  :) its 50 capital of iceland but once gain raining rains too much there. 65 in the barn and lots of raccoonies and kids did not see maybe so i went back to the door opened it and there she was and she ran inside. Saw on the world news putin bombing capital of ukraine well why not it not like anyone going to stop him. i read lots think that and let this go on way too far. lots retired military say go into russia bomb it. be another war but it is now. putin be ruling the world starving it right now not letting grain get out. how much more will the world take off this pos

cousin janice posted this a minute ago Good morning!  Well, woke up at 1:30 disconnect four hour drip & vitals.   Tried to go back to sleep at 5:00 AM.  Turned off TV and rolled over...alarm started going off!  It's the bed!  Guess I wore it out🙂, bed being replaced.  Just another day in the hospital. 🤣

hi neva i know hit and miss for your rain. but maybe you will get some soon. 20 years a long time be nice to get 20 years back be 20 years younger i know neva supreme court not in favor for us how many times i have saw on the news trump claiming he did that.  but if people get out and vote can change stuff. if you cant get out mail it in. i think you can still do that. 

hi joho! pretty nice here this morning is it cool for you too? well there goes griz and i got to pick up groceries pretty soon and still feed the dogs and cats

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D51442B?z=0

GB Ukraine and all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25162 on: June 27, 2022, 10:17:25 AM »

cousin janice just posted this. May get discharged today.  Kidney Dr just in, kidneys have  improved from yesterday.  Now waiting for Droctor's Rounds. 
Doing Four hour antibiotics drip now. Had breathing treatment, meds, blood drawn, blood sugar tested and breakfast

i went to walmart and could not get over to where you pick up groceries redoing parking lot i found someone ask about that had to drive behind the building dodge frito truck other food trucks got over there. lindsay said they will be happy when they get that done. what a pain. now got to mow

johoward

« Reply #25163 on: June 27, 2022, 12:01:30 PM »

5:06 71 and clear. very nice out.  I will bike later.  Gotta get some lunch, and go to the bank.  I am broke today.  Gave all my cash to the exterminator.
 Hi ev1.  Late today had Olivia come over to spray my house for clover mites.  She did a good job, and will come back if I see them after a week.  These are a tiny red bug that turns green if you mash them.  I guess they have green blood or other bodily fluids. Yuck!  They were on every window sill this morning.  All around the house.  This is a slab and gets lots of bugs of many types.  Makes me itch just thinking about them. LOL
I already forgot what you all said in chat.  Other than Janice is going home bless her, but is still on IV antibiotic.   
 I will now say I am thinking of you all and wishing you comfort and good wishes.  GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine.  Please God help us get a government that is responsive to out majority wishes.

calhound

« Reply #25164 on: June 28, 2022, 05:28:52 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here 6 raccoonies and 4 babies and those babies are like im getting that cookie get outta the way mom! saw on the world news that putin hit a shopping mall killed many it was busy. so until no fly zone or ukraine gets permission from usa to hit inside russia they are doomed i think. all putin had to do was threaten nukes and then bomb  everything in sight till nothing was left. read tons of schools hit and the war crimimal investigators saying hard to prove he was targeting schools well i sure do remember that one missile by that hit bunch of kids on the missile you could read for the kids. wth. eu people saw it. read in lots of stuff how putin just doing what he wants. pretty sad world i hope when he moves onto another country and it is nato that nato really does do something i have my doubts.

hi joho! I hope your bugs are taken care of for you. i do not think cousin janice got to go home yesterday and my other cousin cindy janice sister drove two and half hours to be with her and slept in a chair in her room last night. i hope we get that government too. heard on the radio yesterday going to walmart now supreme court maybe taking on rights of gay people not letting them get married and etc. taking away their rights love is love isnt it. sounds like dictatorship to me.  >:(

Hi Neva its 56 and raining in iceland way too much rain there! i guess no rain for you did not see it on the weather channel.  gotta mow this morning better get moving on here

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0D055D4FC9C5?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25165 on: June 28, 2022, 09:24:48 AM »

hi you guys mowed dogs yard upper part of horse pasture did pearls med checked on cousin janice she had just posted. Respiratory Doctor was here, recommended discharge.   Kidney Droctor was here, recommended discharge.  Now waiting for Hospital Admitting Droctor for discharge

when i mowed saw no planes jets no tvs sky was empty tvs might of went out to eat

calihoula

« Reply #25166 on: June 28, 2022, 11:51:51 AM »

cousin janice posted this 3 hours ago it said

Getting out today.  Sending me home with dang steroids again, for a week to 10 days this time.  Dr says lots of pneumonia two to three weeks after COVID.  Stay safe my friends.

calihoula

« Reply #25167 on: June 28, 2022, 02:59:54 PM »

hi you guys i read stuff from cbs news on my ipad it updates on its own so i do chores come back new stuff on ukraine i read earlier turkey that erdogan still no to sweden finland i pres zen video at g7 summit things so brutal from putin then i read

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg attends a news conference ahead of a NATO defence ministers' meeting at the alliance's headquarters in Brussels, Belgium June 15, 2022. REUTERS/Yves Herman
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg holds a news conference ahead of a NATO defence ministers’ meeting at the alliance’s headquarters in Brussels, Belgium June 15, 2022.
Yves Herman | Reuters
The NATO military alliance will increase the number of its forces at high readiness to over 300,000 from the current number of 40,000, Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Monday.

“We will transform the NATO Response Force and increase the number of our high readiness forces to well over 300,000,” said at a press conference on Monday, ahead of a NATO summit in Madrid that begins on Tuesday.

The summit would see NATO strengthen its forward defenses and enhance its battlegroups in the eastern part of the alliance, he said. “We will also boost our ability to reinforce in crisis and conflict,” he added. It would do this with:

More pre-positioned equipment, and stockpiles of military supplies.
More forward-deployed capabilities, like air defense.
Strengthened command and control.
And upgraded defense plans, with forces pre-assigned to defend specific allies.
The NATO Response Force is a high-readiness force comprising land, air, sea and special forces units that are capable of being deployed quickly. The force currently comprises around 40,000 troops.

NATO’s announcements come as the military alliance tries to best assist Ukraine in repelling the Russian invasion, with various NATO members sending arms to Kyiv, but trying to avoid a direct confrontation with nuclear power Russia.

NATO’s summit will see its 30 member countries meet, as well as representatives from its allies. Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and the Republic of Korea will join the summit for the first time, and Georgia and the European Union will also take part.

then i read awhile ago erdogan let it go finland sweden are in nato.

when i went back to the barn earlier saw 7 of my tv and 3 jet planes. i yelled scout did you guys eat out yep
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:02:28 PM by calihoula »

neva

« Reply #25168 on: June 28, 2022, 10:32:37 PM »

Collie ...  31:02     93° (8:19 pm)    It was a decent day.  no rain, but I'm used to that.

Cal, I'm glad that your cousin Janice got to go home, and I hope that she will continue to heal.  Hospital stays are no fun, especially if your lungs are involved.  Also, I was glad to hear that Turkey relented and Finland and Sweden are now in NATO.  That is really good news.  I wonder if anyone had to promise Turkey anything?

Hi Joho...
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25169 on: June 29, 2022, 05:54:14 AM »

hi you guys its 67 here same in the barn maybe was outside i hate that she came in with me but went back out when i did told jim to watch for her when he leaves 5 raccoonies 4 babies that are aggressive no one getting their cookie that is for sure and then they take over maybes dry food moms are eating pans of dry dog food and babies over there too. babies are so hungry. i will feed maybe in a bit when i go back out and do pearls meds and grain raccoonies gone or sleeping then give her the dry and can food.   it 61 in capital of iceland cloudy i looked all the rest of the week raining. no dont want to live in iceland i like yellow knife it is cool and cold weather there too in yukon NWT canada i watch the show icepilots that is filmed there buffalo airlines

Hi Neva! someday you just got to get to some rain. i know nata getting sick of turkey well sick of that erdogan i read military and others said to not let him blackmail nato cant really kick turkey out but can shut them out not include them in anything and he runs and tells putin stuff so i dont think they made a deal with him i think they told him how it will be. i am very happy sweden and finland are in and happy eu will get ukraine in and good nato sending so much more and upping the troops to 300,000 sounds like something may be coming.  this war has to end it just has too. 

Hi Joho is everything okay?
GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/03055D58D1D5