Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 633473 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24870 on: May 01, 2022, 02:05:52 PM »

4:36 good you are okay you must be really tired to pass up lunch so you need to rest your body needs that gbu
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #24871 on: May 02, 2022, 05:26:58 AM »

First Cubs Seen Around Here - UPDATE May 1, 2022
Carolyns two cubs
Carolyn's two cubs
May first, May Day, is also known as Workers’ Day and it looks like Carolyn bear has some work cut out for her. She is the first mother with cubs I’ve heard of around here this year. The picture I was emailed shows the cubs in a white pine looking healthy. We don’t know the sexes yet, but things are getting exciting. Five-year-old Carolyn is Shadow’s great granddaughter. This is her second litter. The lineage is Shadow, Blackheart, Donna, and Carolyn—plus cubs. Everyone is keeping an eye out to see where they go next, what sexes they are, any markings, etc.

For the scrapping bears in the video last night, I finally got to hear the sounds, and they weren’t having fun. It is too early for mating activity, but males emerge with peak testosterone. I don’t know what they were scrapping about.

A confession is that I mistakenly called the bear Flynn "Floyd" in the update last night. There is no bear named Floyd. (we fixed the update)

Someone asked about Avian Influenza up here, and this map from mid-April shows none, thank goodness. Distribution of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in North America, 2021/2022 | U.S. Geological Survey (usgs.gov)

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Next
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24872 on: May 02, 2022, 05:33:38 AM »

hi you guys its 48 here i need to hurry have to finish feeding all and go pick up groceries at walmart. good update. i fell in the barn yesterday landed hard on my face the left side teeth hurt neck hurt jim came out and saw me on the floor. one of my implants is loose will see if it tightens up i think dentist can screw it back tighter  so pretty sore today i tripped over the heavy cords out there pearls radio her er light if power goes out jim ran them up in the ceiling off the ground so i will have to get to use to that cause he is right i cant keep falling.

Gb Ukraine happy some of them poor people got out of the steel plant dont what took place there cause the mad bomber said to not let a fly out of there

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/84055D5A3886?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #24873 on: May 02, 2022, 09:00:09 AM »

5:14 yes good news from Ukraine.  Keep hoping and prying for better news there.
Pretty nice this morning overcast, but warming a little.  56 degrees at 9:50.
Can't ride bike yet. Don't know when.  I have a final visit with knee surgeon tomorrow.  Will ask him about bike riding even though it was back Dr. who said no bike yet.  I don't see him for weeks.
Cal, my Debbie nurse daughter gets at me so bad about trip and fall hazards I can't bring myself to preach to you about them.  So I will ask God to protect you from falling for a while.  Hope he will do it.  Mean while you may need some concealer to keep Jim from being suspected of spousal abuse.  Maybe a covid mask too would help hide the bruises.
No plans for today.  So will watch some TV and maybe walk a little.
Cul EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #24874 on: May 02, 2022, 09:02:51 AM »

On Snowman.  Lady fixing up bear damage.  Table was knocked over leveling snowman  Bear and two porkies were in on it. According to chat.

calihoula

« Reply #24875 on: May 02, 2022, 09:30:31 AM »

thanks joho im taking a little break still got lots to unload from my car i went to snow not been there for along time was all them rocks and that bench there before? saw lots of squirrels saw chat bear did not challenge porkie for that corn! :) i will check it love to see that see porkie happy they are feeding porkie again.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24876 on: May 02, 2022, 03:21:38 PM »

hi joho just read your earlier post i dont like the cords up high but i dont like falling so cords up high not on the floor i did put on some concealer when i went to pick up groceries at walmart and drive thru mcdonalds got griz five sausage biscuits one for each morning extra treat on his food he is very old and for him. he about takes my hand off jim just tosses it on the floor when its just griz in the kitchen boy loves food. its hard to eat right now. lower cheek very swollen teeth hurt i bought some gum tooth pain gel works good. lip all messed up too. im a mess but could of been worse jim has to go to florida soon for ford a week he is very worried but i told him i will be extra careful cant live our life like that i fall and get back up im my moms daughter. putin once again bombing and bombing ukraine bombed two russian ships with drones  :)

neva

« Reply #24877 on: May 02, 2022, 04:14:46 PM »

Lighthouse ...  26:09            87°  (1:34 pm)   Bright and sunny, a light breeze ... windchimes sound wonderful.  it's a great day if you stay in the shade.   As the days got hotter each summer, when my kids were young, they were not too happy with me.   From 10:30 am to about 4 or 4:30 pm, they had to be inside and not out in the sun.  I told them someday you'll thank me, when you don't end up with skin cancer or whatever.  What did my son, Tim, do when he did grow up?  He became a Landscaper,  Now his skin is darkish and looks like leather ... so far though, no cancer, just COPD from smoking.  Oh well ...

I hope that this day is going well for all of you. 

I'm so sorry about your fall.. Cal.  I have to watch every step I take too, I am very prone to falling because of a thing with the nerves in my lower left leg.  I've gone head first into a wall on a couple of occasions.  Not much fun.  The things that come up as you grow older!  Getting a little wobbly with a cane sometimes too and am considering buying a walker.  That might be safer.

Hi Joho ...  You are right about trip and fall hazards ... when young, they don't seem to exist, and when older, they are all over the place.    I hope you get the approval to ride your bike soon.  That is great exercise.

Take care and GB both of you, and anyone else that hangs out here.  and, GB Zelensky and Ukrainians. and Pelosi, I can tell that visit meant a lot to them.

91°  at   (3:35 pm)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 05:36:06 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #24878 on: May 02, 2022, 05:59:10 PM »

hi neva getting ready to lay down saw your post i do use my moms walker yes lot safer but cant use it in the barn my walk way not real wide. sweets stall wall one side lots of old square bale hay pee pellets work table pearls radio pearls gate into her area. so be careful cal. i have a green bucket with metal handle my mom put easter stuff in it for me years ago i fill it with dog food treats maybes little container with dry food and can of fancy feast she gets 3 of those a day. i can hold it while pushing walker hold cane in other hand.i leave walker at the door go in with cane bucket i have fallen straight back before but no walker or cane and no telling why. i told my foot surgeon i did that he said he could see that but not why. i have not done that for a long time. i have fallen hit my head on kitchen cabinet but i have penny and brownie to thank they knocked me clean off my scooter. sometimes its like war manuvers here. i get in a hurry thinking what all i got to do. so now nothing to do dogs sleeping everyone fed so its nice till 3 am sometimes i wake up at 10 and ohboy back to sleep! my mom loved outside her skin like leather us kids outside all the time rode our horses but not when it was hot pool time then my skin is not like leather should be im sorry your son has copd we all got something he needs to not smoke but im sure he knows that. you love your kids. :) you should try a walker cause yes times cane wobbly just see neva i googled and saw you can buy a basket for them. yes young fell all the time no big deal deals are bigger now! im happy i did not break my hip. i loved nancy went and saw pres zen! read biden would like too but security says not right now nancy is brave and love she is not afraid of putin read she has a basebat in her office and not afraid to use it if needed to protect herself. gb ukraine

calhound

« Reply #24879 on: May 03, 2022, 05:02:14 AM »

Spanky, and a Raven - UPDATE May 2, 2022
Spanky
Spanky
Spanky paid a visit today and was immediately recognizable by his light muzzle, bulbous forehead, and jerky walk.

Spanky
Spanky
Last night, the visitors were three playful 2-year-old males that have buddied up. One was Flynn, son of Jewel. Another was Dustin, son of Pixie, and the third was a bear who knew the program but had no blaze, so we’ll have check photos to learn his identity.

A couple days ago, a raven landed in the kind of light that showed off his feathers perfectly and in a position that showed two features that separate ravens from crows—Raven
Raven
the longer, thicker beak and the longer wedge-shaped tail compared to the fan-shaped tail of crows. When they fly, the have another difference. Crows make little noise with their wings, but ravens make a swishing noise that is easily heard.

Dustin and Flynn are here.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #24880 on: May 03, 2022, 05:10:03 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here been raining of course a break in it but will be back i loved seeing spanky! so fun watching him on that den under someones front porch why dr rogers could not of done that again is beyond me. what harm was that!

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AE055D58CBCB?z=0

johoward

« Reply #24881 on: May 03, 2022, 10:06:02 AM »

4;35  wow eyes are watery from focusing too hard.  Need a break.
Nice morning, but a little rainy.  Lots of activity in the baby bird nests all over the country.  Bears are getting going too in Ely.  Doc has the inside track on bears for sure.  His neighbors are his posse to keep him informed. Maybe I will go there soon to see him and the bears.  I am thinking about it, and can walk pretty good now. 
I will see you all a little later.  Bye for now. GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #24882 on: May 03, 2022, 06:33:31 PM »

Horse Carriage ...  20:43      88°  (4:13 pm)  Overcast and a good breeze, equals a great day here.  I do wish some rain was in the forecast though, but that won't happen yet. 

Yesterday, one of the Cooper's Hawks showed up at our birdbath for the first time this season. I really love them.  We either have two or three, not sure.  There is a bigger one that we call Gloria,  Her body is big enough for developing eggs.  Then there is a more slender one who I think is a male, and we call him Wyatt.  The one that I saw yesterday is slender and seems a bit younger than Wyatt.  They don't come together, and have stayed for even an hour at a time, sitting in the water, bathing and having a look around.  The other birds disappear for the length of the visit and I don't let Zoe out  (Cairn Terrier) 'til they are gone.  I do believe that they live in the huge trees up at the park, further down our street.

I hope that your day has gone well so far, everyone.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24883 on: May 04, 2022, 05:18:46 AM »

hi you guys its i think 50 it is raining lightly

hi neva loved reading about gloria and wyatt so nice they have the birdbath and yes zoe you have to stay in!  well there goes griz and now kitchen coyotees joined in.  maybe cat really getting big. i have no plan need to get one will jims help taking out a big carrier see if she might just walk in there and shut the door and only place i have left is downstairs bathroom where moms cat are in that big bedroom.

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B4055D4E942D?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #24884 on: May 04, 2022, 03:00:01 PM »

hi neva love gloria! i reread your post on her i thought there was another wyatt  and you do have other birds that come just not with gloria or wyatt thats good i got that sharpie hawk but i have to run it off it wants to eat my little birds i feed   cant have that.