Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602325 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24885 on: May 04, 2022, 03:35:50 PM »

Train to Kyle ...  24:14      85°  (1:25 pm)   Sunny and a light breeze.

I hope that all is going well for you. 

I tried to post a photo of the hawk we call Gloria, but I couldn't get it on this page, so I sent her in an email to you Cal.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #24886 on: May 04, 2022, 04:46:00 PM »

4:47  scary evening last.  Tornado warnings.  Debbie and Boss in her bathroom at her house in N. Ridgeville.  Me also in bathroom at my house in Elyria with pillow and sleeping bag.  I have not seen any damage yet, but I have not been out either.  May take a ride soon to get something for supper.
 Used to have a lot of bird feeders and about twice a year we would see a coopers hawk trying to get a bird.  They would all fly into the boxwood hedges around the yard edges, and the hawk could not get them.  It was amazing to see how they all got the memo at the same time and stampeded for the hedges.  The hawk would not waste a lot of time.  He would soon leave for greener yards.
The feeders fed  lot of birds. Most got along well.  The grackles were mean.  We never were able to have them feed from our hand like Doc though.  It was a lot of fun watching them.  They were always close by our back door, and on our patio.  It was a big glass slider and gave a good view. In the winter we would shovel the patio and scatter seed there.  We would have a bird bath with fresh water every day winter and summer.  They loved it.  We were surprised how muddy the water would get even in the winter.
Debbie and I went for early voting on Sat.  It was quick and easy. Then last night I was watching the local news and was surprised to hear final election results.  I did not realize it was already election day in Ohio. LOL  I did not like some of the winners.
Well have to go for dinner so CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24887 on: May 04, 2022, 05:15:21 PM »

hi neva oh i got it! beautiful i sent you back emails on it hope you got them im in my room now dogs all sleeping i dont think i can post gloria from my ipad but i can in the morning on my desktop so will post her!

hi joho! that is scary! we have gone to basement couple of times well once i went to the barn jim and dogs in basement happy you all are okay. i have grackles come eat too i see them all mine get along with other birds. head bird is ladderback woodpecker but squirrel over rides it stray cat overrides squirrel i over ride all of them if needed.  :) what was your voting on?

gb ukraine
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #24888 on: May 05, 2022, 05:05:00 AM »

Gloria and what a beauty she is!

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24889 on: May 05, 2022, 05:07:05 AM »

Tasha and Woodchuck Battle - UPDATE May 4, 2022
Tasha takes a frozen dip in the pond
Tasha takes a frozen dip

Tasha did something no human would do—immerse herself in 32°F water and love it as "Taught" caught in this 55-second video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhV6-xpQLRA

The woodchuck faced a challenge on Monday. An unwelcome opponent came near his or her burrow and would not immediately back off as "Taught" caught in this 2:57-minute video that shows the two in a vigorous scramble before the intruder ran off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv0veqLRw7M

But there’s more. Sharon the Keeper caught their sounds as they faced off in this different scene 1:47 minutes long https://www.facebook.com/NorthAmericanBearCenter/videos/403135248329502 Be sure and turn on the sound. I have to admit that as long as we’ve had woodchucks right outside the windows at the WRI, I have never heard these sounds or seen this kind of interaction.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24890 on: May 05, 2022, 05:13:50 AM »

hi you guys its 50 here been raining and lots more to come flooding. Tasha that looks so cold but there is a group called polar something that jump in shawnee park lake like that raise money. i hope that woodchuck will be okay and hope that is a putin thug knocking on its door. i saw on the world news earlier putins thugs hit an amusement park people hiding in it.  >:( 

GB Uraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/79055D59B754?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #24891 on: May 05, 2022, 09:43:41 AM »

On this day in 1986, Soviet lies led to Chornobyl disaster, the worst nuclear catastrophe in history. Today Russia, the successor of Soviet lies and brutality, threatens the entire world again. #ArmUkraineNow and help us defeat the Empire of Lies

Ukraine / Україна
@Ukraine
Follow

Ukraine government organization
Yes, this is the official Twitter account of Ukraine.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #24892 on: May 05, 2022, 04:41:32 PM »

LOL Tasha thinks she is a black phase polar bear.
6:32 on Rose Door.
Very nice pic of hawk taking a bath. Thanks.
No damage that I know of from storms.
It was our primary election.  Each party picked the candidates for the main election in November, as well as a lot of local issues like a county bed tax on motels.  It was voted down again.
Mary is going to have her baby boy on Saturday. They will induce birth contractions starting at 8 am.  She and her baby boy need prayers.  She has been having blood pressure irregularities, and her doctor says the boy is at a development stage to be born and on his own now.  Debbie is beside herself.  I am worried just because birth is so traumatic.
Sad to hear about Russia pommeling the steal plant and breaching the walls.  God bless those who are actively fighting the Russians in Ukraine, and all those who are helping from the sidelines and through prayers.
GBU CUL EV1.

calhound

« Reply #24893 on: May 06, 2022, 05:13:45 AM »

hi you guys its 51 here and raining. the dogs yard needs mowing so bad but raining all the time. oh griz

hi  joho!Prayers for Mary and her baby boy.

GB Ukraine and all of us and poor people  in that steel plant...

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/23055D580B91?z=0

johoward

« Reply #24894 on: May 06, 2022, 10:44:57 AM »

7:39 cool and rainy  going out to nature center in Shaker Heights oh Where they want take down a dam and restore Doan Creek to natural state.  Eliminating Horseshoe Lake.   Tom Tom GPS is failing to charge in my car.  I think it is my car, because it charges on laptop ok, and have tried two car chargers.  Both don t work. 
Well it is an hour away so  need to get started.  Bye for now.
GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24895 on: May 06, 2022, 12:39:31 PM »

2:50 hi joho sounds like a fun day! dont over do it! dont get lost!

calhound

« Reply #24896 on: May 07, 2022, 05:18:08 AM »

hi you guys its i think like 50 here and i see stars in the sky been a week since i saw that. bad flooding in WV will have to see if rues and crow are okay. ukraine doing good against russian troops i read taking out their new big tank within days of it being in urkaine. god bless ukarine

hi joho hope you did okay yesterday and thinking of mary today.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/91055D58D5F5?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24897 on: May 07, 2022, 05:20:08 AM »

calihoula

« Reply #24898 on: May 07, 2022, 06:20:37 AM »

hi you guys i know im a day early on moms day!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 11:45:11 AM by calihoula »

neva

« Reply #24899 on: May 07, 2022, 07:25:53 PM »

Barrel of flowers  19:14
  Dog look up    28:14               97°  (4:59 pm)      partly cloudy, breezy ... I wish it would rain ...   no chance.

I hope that your day is going well.

You are absolutely right, Cal ... Pet Moms count too.
BTW, thanks for posting the photo of Gloria on here.

Prayers for the new baby boy being said here, Joho.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)