Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602292 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23835 on: September 09, 2021, 06:09:09 AM »

hi joho it is 57 here really nice. i so enjoyed hearing about your day well not that you are hurting that makes me sad but the rest i loved it. nice to see an old friend eaglette who use to post here i emailed her and heard back this morning long post too so excited to read it. she planted a tree for my boobie on a hill that overlooks the pacific ocean. your lunch those crispy home fries yum. terrible she was suffering and they had the wrong diagnosis. that happens alot i think. i was thinking wow joho up really early not like him so i bet tonight or sooner you will sleep when i am up all night next night i sleep better.  cul gb

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EF055D5B1944?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23836 on: September 09, 2021, 09:30:12 AM »

6:59
 10:30 and I am not fully awake yet. Nice day 66 partly sunny. Would like to go out, but don't really feel like it. Too sore every where.
cul ev1 GB

calhound

« Reply #23837 on: September 10, 2021, 06:05:51 AM »

No Shots, No Hunters - UPDATE September 9, 2021
Charlie Brown on 9-7-21
Charlie Brown on 9-7-21

Another quiet day.

We would like to find out if the DNR greatly limited the number of hunting licenses in our area after the drought of 2020 destroyed bear food as did the frost, drought, and fires of 2021. If so, we sincerely commend the agency.

The picture is of cub Charlie Brown taking refuge in a white pine during a strong wind that makes the whole forest rustle like there is danger all around. To me, he looks scared.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23838 on: September 10, 2021, 06:14:59 AM »

hi joho its 61 here but up to the 90's today so that is not nice. hope you are better today i hope too that dnr did a decent thing for them bears and all us who love those bears bears had it bad enough no food  :(

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A7055D506E99?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23839 on: September 10, 2021, 09:37:13 AM »

7:10 challenging.
64 degrees. Wish I could find out how to make "degree" mark without spelling it out.
Nice day again.  Really need some rain.  It is very cool.  64 at 10:30.  Very nice. 
No plans for today.  May go get MORE ink for my Epson printer. 
MRI for lower back is on for 9/24/21.  I dread this.  Shannon says she will drive me.  I am glad of that.  We will have a chance to lunch at Five Guys.
Walking OK this morning.  A little less sore.
So I will get moving now.  See youns later.  GB

calihoula

« Reply #23840 on: September 10, 2021, 01:14:02 PM »

hi joho you will do okay on your mri they need it to fix your back. i went to walmart pick up groceries at 9 am so late cause first i went in walmart to pharmacy got my flu shot and 2nd pneumonia shot next one in five years hope that doesnt go fast hope no more ykw by then either. would love to see peace on earth but that aint going to happen but maybe. jim eats at five guys sometimes at work he thinks too high i never been there there is a big biscuit next to it i ask well how big is that biscuit? just buy a can of biscuits and bake them. did you stock up on your chilo?
to get the degree symbol on my ipad i hit the .?123 then hold down the 0 which makes degree appear above 0 ° cul gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23841 on: September 11, 2021, 05:24:32 AM »

Bear Licenses, Bear Complaint Records, and a Point of Pride - UPDATE September 10, 2021
Wilma
Wilma
After my speculation in last night’s update about the number of bear hunting permits available for this area (Bear Management Unit 31), we looked it up online in the DNR’s report ‘Status of Minnesota Black Bears 2020’ https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/recreation/hunting/bear/2020_bear_report.pdf. Table 2 showed that the number has remained at 500 since 2017. We checked the DNR’s website for 2021 and found it has remained the same. So I was wrong in my speculation last night.

The status report also had information on bear nuisance complaints. Maps (Figures 7, 8, and 9) showed the locations of nuisance bear complaints in 2020’s summer of scarce food. Complaints were in three categories—bears attracted to garbage or bird feeders (Fig. 9), people feeling threatened by bear presence (Fig. 8), or damage to agriculture or property (Fig. 7). We were happy to find that there were none where people are providing diversionary food near the east end of the lake (Lake Vermilion) in the upper right part of each map. I was surprised at the large areas shown with no complaints, considering how many bears there were cruising through towns and going house-to-house where people are not accustomed to that. People everywhere have been saying that they have never seen so many bears. We’ll continue to learn more as we go. We’re glad for this peaceful area and are thankful to all who helped provide food to keep the local bears out of trouble.

The picture is of Wilma, who has two cubs. We never saw her before this year when many strange and hungry bears appeared.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23842 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:58 AM »

hi joho its 75 here 4 racconies in the barn pearl says hay. 500 bears to murder that is really high so happy at least around dr rogers that not happening. someday in heaven be no more of that  :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/08055D593D42?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23843 on: September 11, 2021, 07:13:56 AM »

5:42  Coffee waiting.  Good morning.  Will be back later. HAGD  GB

johoward

« Reply #23844 on: September 11, 2021, 05:29:21 PM »

I am Back, but nothing much to report.  Terrible day in Columbus Ohio.  The Mighty Ducks from Oregon cleaned our clocks at the Shoe.  Hard game for both side, and the best team won today. This is only the third time our coach has lost a game.  The other two were at very high level playoff or championship games.

neva

« Reply #23845 on: September 11, 2021, 06:18:18 PM »

Hi Cal ...  I've been meaning to thank you for the puzzles that you post each day.  28:38  (triangles)  ... I need something to help keep my brain going.  lol!  Thank you, really for everything you do here, in keeping this place going.  We seem to have lost a few here, over time.  I sure wish they would find their way back again ... but then again, I can't say anything, I don't help much.

Hi Joho ...  I enjoy your posts and admire how you are keeping active and trying to grab some enjoyment out of life for yourself.  Keep on, keeping on -- and good for you   :)

In my household, I have Michelle and Josette, my youngest two daughters (out of 4 daughters and one son) and 21 year old Bella, Michelle's daughter.   The only place I go these days is to medical appts -- for over a year, though we are all fully vaccinated,  Anyway, I try to keep busy here at home, and hope to do a little more soon, outside the house, though that will be limited.  I live in Southern Arizona.  I love this place.  I was born in California and partially raised in Massachusetts - I love New England too, very much.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #23846 on: September 12, 2021, 05:45:53 AM »

hi joho and neva!!! :) yes neva i wish some jewelies would find their back here  :( i hear from ra on my email sometimes lupe and awhile back rues said she will post soon so i dont know but let me tell you big smile seeing you hear and yes we keep in touch on email but boy nice to read your post and i loved it too.  :) and yes good friend joho i love to hear about his life he really lives it! i was wondering if any of those fires bring smoke to you we had hazy yesterday from the fires. come on oct and bring nov. oct brings end of bear murdering season but looks like been okay so far but i will shut up. i would love to see new england someday but doubt that will happen. my granny and i talked about going way back sure wish we would of. thank goodness for walmart online grocery shopping i want to get my niece jeanne a switch for christmas and i can even buy that online groceries and they will load up in the car for me. love your kids name do any of them have a dog i forgot. always i think of maddie rose too.oh neva you did so good on puzzle with triangle takes me forever for triangle and usually have to quit jp said puzzles really help the brain and look how smart he was!

hi joho! i have heard of the mighty ducks but i do not follow that. now today oh around 3:25 i think on CBS chiefs will be hosting the browns jim got my chiefs flag friday at mcdonalds he hangs his up in his room but i cannot cause i have all my cats and they like to rip it to shreds. i know the browns are a really good team so this should be a good game and GO CHIEFS!

Well there goes griz and now the girls have joined in howling jim will be getting up now oh well life at the farm

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/16055D5BA218?z=0

calhound

« Reply #23847 on: September 12, 2021, 08:24:02 AM »

4:04 on cow

johoward

« Reply #23848 on: September 12, 2021, 10:02:46 AM »

6:35 Don't know what to say about those cows with duct tape all over them.  Thanks for the puzzle Cal.
 Very good to hear from Neva.  I will try to keep posting things hopefully of interest, because I know others are following us. Even though we don't see them much any more.
 It is a shame when our most exciting thing to do for a day is go to medicals, but I do know the feeling. I would really miss this computer.  It starts my day and keeps me in touch and informed every day.  I am old fashioned though and have a morning paper delivered.  This really starts my day over breakfast.  This morning in Parade there is a very interesting story about the life and career of our favorite 91 yer old actor Clint Eastwood.  Lots of good memories reading that.
 I make an effort to go out each day somewhere.  Parks are good, and safe.  Even on days when I can't walk or ride my bike I can drive through our bigger parks and enjoy others doing things.  Lake Erie is very close and very scenic to visit.  Cuyahoga National Park is close and nice to drive through.
The weather which we all like to share is very very nice here today.  76degrees at 11am.  I will be going out to walk somewhere and then shopping at Meijer.
So I will say thanks to all who read these chats and support our wildlife.  CUL GB

calihoula

« Reply #23849 on: September 12, 2021, 01:59:47 PM »

hi joho! been doing chores mowed too dogs yard murray run down time for a new riding mower maybe next week go look at them get one. no leaky front tires no leaking oil smokin stay running murray been great but gotta feed the dogs check on pearl again i got done mowing the dogs yard drove out jim up in gator in barn getting poop buckets he said pearl was really talking thought i came in saw jim  she started looking for me. laughing at your medical outing comments so funny. everyday i get up at 3:30-4 am if i have to use my walker to the barn i do i leave it outside by the door or use my cane but do all my chores everyday i love very early mornings too lots of times pearl sleeping by her gate close to her radio. your natl park sounds nice so does lake erie. i saw on tv awhile back clint has a new movie coming out soon he is a cowboy i love him like that high plains drifter old ones fistful of dollars good bad ugly but i also love dirty harry do you feel lucky punk i liked every which way liked ruth gordon as ma best i read he was mean to that orangentan that upset me if that was true change way i feel about him oh i loved space cowboys love tommy lee jones griz ready to eat cul  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day