Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 601988 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23820 on: September 05, 2021, 04:29:29 AM »

hi joho its 59 here pretty nice and cool makes me think of fall coming.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AE055D4EBE91?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23821 on: September 05, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »

6:15
 Going to see Mary's new house at noon today.  She just got the keys.  I hope she will be happy there for many years to come.  It is a big house with lots of rooms to fill with kids, and memories.  God bless her and Matt in their new home.. 
Nice day again.  69 now and cloudy.  Did rain a little at 6 am.
Still very sore today, but I just keep on keeping on, and ignore the pain.  Gonna see back doctor on Tuesday.
Nice to see the bears getting ready for winter.  Lucky raking a little into big bunker.
 By for now EV1 GB

calhound

« Reply #23822 on: September 06, 2021, 05:38:00 AM »

Another Good Day - UPDATE September 5, 2021
Bear in white pine
Bear in white pine

No shots heard. No hunters seen around the WRI. Lily was still fine as of last evening.

My picture of a bear out on a limb missed the good action. He walked down the branch looking precarious but steady. Than he sat down where branches made a good spot to rest.

In this 1-minute video, is Lucky doing what pregnant females are doing in the wild? https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=578705506820527

Both Ursula and RC disappeared long before hunting season started. We think they headed for their denning areas. Also, Shadow, who is obviously not pregnant, disappeared in late August, which is when she denned back when she was still producing cubs.

Lily is still active, so we still have to determine when she dens, if she has not already found one. She had what looked like dirt on her nose a couple days ago.

Lucky was busy raking bedding into his usual den. Regarding males denning early, big males are among the bears most likely to den early. That’s what we think Pete left to do well before hunting season started. I hope we are right.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23823 on: September 06, 2021, 05:42:42 AM »

hi joho i hope you had a nice time with your mary and yay for the new house! its 64 here lots of stars in the sky yesterday morning real early when i went to the barn like 4am the moon looked so cool it only had a little sliver of light at the bottom looked just like a big smiley face i thought of jp when i saw it he loved the smiley face

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B7055D50332B?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23824 on: September 06, 2021, 07:15:30 AM »

6:52  on goose.  Having trouble getting woke up.  Eyes watering.  Yawning.  Stiff neck.  Sore back.  Gonna go take some tylenol.  CUL EV1 GB

calihoula

« Reply #23825 on: September 06, 2021, 03:00:20 PM »

hi joho hope u r better now. maybe you should have a rest day jim and i went to walmart earlier he loaded up my scooter i got all around the store i have not been in there for a long time it was nine so went to pharmacy to get a flu shot a lady was waiting said now pharmacy does not open till ten so no shot just had to scream at brownie growling at griz ready to beat her ass. thats a huge no no. so we had the truck tons of stuff stuff in my lap at my feet back of truck over to feed store but i stayed in the truck jim got pearls pee pellets then sonic jim got a bacon toaster tots large unsweetened ice tea i got a medium strawberry shake no whip cream diet dr pepper
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23826 on: September 06, 2021, 08:54:34 PM »

sounds like a good day away from here. I went fishing.  Got a big one on and he broke off my favorite  and only lure. now home ready to sleep back doctor tommorrow. GN GB

calhound

« Reply #23827 on: September 07, 2021, 05:35:07 AM »

Another Quiet Day - UPDATE September 6, 2021
Lily & Hope on 8-16-10
Lily & Hope on 8-16-10
How could it be? Two days of no shots and no hunter activity this early in the bear hunting season. There is another hour to go yet before hunting hours are over, but we are fairly confident the quiet day will last.

As I think of the value of each bear we have followed for many years, there are many memories. This picture of Lily and Hope after their reunion in August 2010 brings back a flood of them.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23828 on: September 07, 2021, 05:38:07 AM »

Hi joho its 70 here hot today they say summer not gone well i figured that. hope all goes well for you today at the dr let me know yay another good day for the bears which means a good day for all us too. :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/59055D513100?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23829 on: September 07, 2021, 05:23:58 PM »

6 + on gull.  Deleted it before I noted my time again.
 Dr. says maybe rehab for back, but first an mri.  Soon I hope. I have some things I want to do , and back ache is slowing me down.  Not stopping yet, but slowing.
 Mary's house is a big older house with about 3900 sq. ft. I heard. I think.  Anyway it is big. Has a lot of huge florals.  Ferns Hydrangeas. etc.  Also a lot of huge oak trees.  Little acorns all over the place.  Very nice neighborhood.  Lots of friendly neighbors with lots of kids and dogs. Just what she and Matt wanted. Not a lot of traffic.  She is on a corner lot with very little driveway. Just enough to park two cars outside her two car garage.
Today was a loss.  Dr. visit, drugmart for milk, then home.  Put on a pot of chili, days are cooling off now, and fell asleep.  Very sore all over.  Neck and legs worst. I think from falling off bike.  Very hard to keep knees covered.  Scrapes are large and slimy, and nothing sticks.  Stuff running down legs getting socks wet etc.  Messy I says.
Good rain at pond cam and Ted cam right now.  Hope we get a little too.  Could use it.  Lots of new grass around here to keep growing before winter sets in.  Don't know if I can ride my bike now, but I am tempted to rty.  It will hurt bending cuts, but I don't care as long as knees bend.

I will see you all later now GN anfd GB

calihoula

« Reply #23830 on: September 07, 2021, 06:08:25 PM »

hi joho i wish you would stay off your bike for just a little while. marys house sounds so nice esp oak trees acorns good for squirrels no big oaks here but lots of huge trees lots of huge cedars we have a big house too good for the dogs good to ride my scooter in. i wanted to build a big house happy for her it is suppose to get down to 55 tonight but friday sat back hot so might be warm for chiefs game i forget who we are playing  :) yep your chili is back jim and i went to vet pick up pearls script i told teresa i got them a big bag of candy when i went in she said girl did you bring that candy i said right here kit kats hersey bars peppermint patties full of different candy bars she was excited dr brett came out saw it he was happy they are so nice there then we stopped at the sonic i got diet dr pepper medium fry catsup jim got a number 11 chicken strips tots unsweet ice tea jim just heated up a hungry man tv dinner bbq pork mash potatoes corn brownie and he also ate two hostess chocolate cupcakes sleep good tonight cul gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23831 on: September 08, 2021, 05:37:45 AM »

hi joho its 60 here hope you are feeling better this morning

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/26055D5BB0C1?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23832 on: September 08, 2021, 09:45:51 AM »

5:46 on that nice little dog.  Feel good today.  Doing housekeeping, wash ,dishes, sweeping, bills, etc., but going out later for something. Beautiful day.  Sunny and 73Degrees at 10:30.  Don't know what all yet, but something.  Will start with two scripts at Drugmart.  Then who knows?  Maybe fishing.
  Can't hardly believe I lost my only spinner bait and the biggest fish I ever caught on this pole at the same time last evening.  I saw the fish hit the lure hard, and come up on the surface several times.  Even after he was loose he came up swirling and jumping.  I would have let him go.  He did not have to untie my lure and take it with him.  I know he will spit it out soon and be OK, but I really would have liked a photo of him to share with my great grandson Nick. Well that is a thought.  Maybe I will go to Rural King sporting goods and get a new Mepps spinner or bucktail spinner after the drugstore.  Then I can go try to get my lure back.
Anyway nice day and I will be out in it somewhere as soon as the wash is done and put away.
CUL GB

calhound

« Reply #23833 on: September 08, 2021, 03:21:57 PM »

hi joho so good you feel good! jim and justin are baling hay justin has it all sold helps out other horses and little extra cash. i paid bills did the bank statements for us and business did business work i was kinda upset at you talking about that lure and catching that fish i was poor fish cause you know how i am but so happy you said you was going to let him go but hay you can buy another lure fish knows he will not be caught again by that one.  i hope he does spit it okay. its 81 here now. jim stopped at mcdonalds got big breakfast and got me a biscuit well it is a sausage one but i always give the saugage to griz and a strawberry jelly but i did not want it i was going to give it to griz but jim no i will eat it too i said where is the sausage jim ate it. he still had some pancakes with syrup i took some of them and griz ate it up. he never had that before he loved it. oh rats there goes griz bark bark bark better go. please do not hurt that fish take its picture i would like to see it too. hagd cul gb

johoward

« Reply #23834 on: September 09, 2021, 12:32:40 AM »

He will spit it out Cal.  The hook will dissolve and fall out. Something in the fishes body chemistry melts the steel. I have seen it many times.  If he did not untie my line I would have let him go anyway.  I tried to buy another lure today at the same Rural King.  They did not have any more like it.  So I bought a couple of other kinds.  Don't really like them but I have to do something these days.  I asked the man to show me how to tie monofilament so fish could not untie it.  He drew me a picture of his knot.  It was just about the same as I had done.
  I did drive to another little hardware store in another little town called Lagrange.  They did not have any bucktail spinners either.  I will have to go to the big sporting goods stores I guess.
I could not sleep.  Don't know why.  So I got up and started to write this reply.
Have not ridden my bike since I fell.  My new knee hurts a lot after I sit a while in my recliner watching TV.  This is new pain.  I spent two hours walking and standing around watching TV to keep it from hurting. I hoped I could sleep without pain.  It did not hurt in bed, but I could not sleep anyway.
I went out to a tiny restaurant in the country for lunch called The Four Keys.  I had two over medium, two sausage patties, coffee, and crisp home fries. An old friend from 30 or 40 years ago came in.  I told him to sit with me and chat.  He did it was kind of nice to catch up. He is a nice person with lots of friends. His wife was treated for four years at Joan's Cleveland Clinic for pain and suffering from epilepsy.  With no progress.  Recently a new doctor found a growth in her head and removed it surgically.  Now she is well.  The same negligent pattern that they did to Joan.  Years of treatment for a sore knee when she all the time was suffering from RA inflammation.
It was very sad to hear about her suffering so long with the wrong diagnosis.  Well I paid for his lunch on my way out.  So maybe he will be surprised.  I hope so. He is a nice person.
Well  That is enough for now cul  GB