Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622475 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26430 on: March 10, 2023, 07:45:53 AM »

4:54  Good mouse today.  Light snow and cool 33 degrees.  Going to last all day they say, but it is OK.
Trying to get ready for doctor visit this afternoon.  Taking lots of papers along for my file or chart or what ever they call it in medicine.  I think it is getting pretty thick after forty or fifty years of coming to see them.
 Not sure I will take some Jenny Brand cheddar popcorn as I have in the past a few times.  It appeared to start a confrontation between the downstairs and the upstairs people.  I think I will skip it this time, but maybe not.  W.W.J.D.  in this case means 'What Would Joan Do"?  She liked to visit the Popcorn people and she liked to bring stuff to offices.  So I will probably bring two bags.  I know they like it.  So do I. So does my Debbie and neighbor Lorrie who last night gave me four storage trays of noodle and meat type casserole food.  I will buy five bags, and act like Santa. LOL
All has gone quiet in the other room.  Something has happened to my TV.  I need to go see what is up and get my second cup of coffee, which will need reheating.
Bye EV1 Thanks for being here. GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26431 on: March 10, 2023, 01:36:33 PM »

hi joho i was thinking what is wwjd lol okay thanks what did doctor say? is your tv okay? thats more important than a doctor! :)

hi neva what did you go to the doctor for? i did not see gold bond like you got so i got intensely moisturizes and got o keeffes healthy feet for extremely dry cracked feet it is in a can like deal like my saddle soap or a skoal chewing tobacca can. said use small amt this morning i put gobs on and today my big thick calluses feel better.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #26432 on: March 10, 2023, 04:48:19 PM »

Hi EV1,
 TV had just turned itself off.  Not sure why.  Maybe I hit the sleep button.
Doctor was very pleased with his work. ME.  He went on and on about this chemical and that organ while scanning the blood and kidney test results.  All good. 6.8 A1C. Is great for me.  I took a years worth of blood glucose readings for him to look at.  In Jan. 1922 they were at or near 120, but lately they have been closer to 170.  He said that was fine, but I told him I liked the 120 s better.  So he doubled my dose of Trulicity from 0.75 to 1.50.  We will see.
All the other pills stay the same except I am to stop taking my 81 mg aspirin at bedtime.  He said that just does not prevent heart failure at night as I have thought all these years.
 His staff was very happy to see the popcorn I brought for them.  Two of them had some right away.
I dropped some popcorn at Lorrie's and Debbie's.  Debbie is not well this afternoon.  Kind of flu like symptoms.  We can't go out for Friday Fish Fry, so I will just eat popcorn and some of Lorrie's dish which she put in my fridge while I was out last night.  She is a good neighbor.
Well sent check off to the IRS to finish up 2022 taxes.  I heard from my niece Kelly out in CA.  She is OK.  She asked how I was affected by the train wrecks in Ohio.  Luckily I am not close to either one.
 Well ran out of popcorn so I gotta go.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #26433 on: March 10, 2023, 06:26:23 PM »

Budgerigar Box ...  25:31     76°  (5:01 pm)   Partly cloudy and windy.    (btw - it was  officially 81° here today)

A friend of mine from Des Moines told me this morning that in her town, they are teaching Ukrainian doctors how to deal with combat injuries and medicine and surgeries.  I imagine that is desperately needed.  I'm glad to hear this, that so many are involved.

Cal  I went to the doctor yesterday for my allergy shots.  Every two weeks, two shots in the abdomen.  I have the kind of allergies that if not kept under control a bit, they cause problems with my asthma.  They work pretty well.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 04:40:16 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26434 on: March 11, 2023, 05:09:59 AM »

The Fox and Bob Cat Show- UPDATE March 10, 2023

Bobcat on 1-6-23
Bobcat looking at gray fox
Bobcat looking at gray fox

Two nights ago from 9:06 PM until 3:31 AM, the camera team monitored alternate visits by the Gray Fox and Bob the Cat. The two were probably aware of each other more than we could see, but we know that Bob Cat spotted him at 9:41 PM as he emerged from under the deck and moved away. After that, it was all Bob Cat until 11:57 PM, including when he walked up the steps at 10:35 PM and showed us something we don’t understand. Bobcat
Bobcat
As he stopped to look toward where he had seen the fox earlier, he showed the bluest eyes I have ever seen. I had never seen any blue in his eyes. I looked up this close-up picture of him January 6 to be sure. No blue. Another mystery. After 12:32 AM, it was all fox until he left at 3:31 AM

Then last night, a third character put in a brief appearance from 2:37 to 2:48 AM—beautiful red fox that used to limp.

So now for tonight, to make sure there is enough for both foxes in addition to Bob Cat, the bonanza will be raw pork cubes, raw chicken drumsticks, quarter slices of bologna, and, for the foxes, blueberry mini-muffins they have shown us they like. All the food is gone each morning. We’ll see if the red fox comes again and if any of the mini-muffins are left over.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26435 on: March 11, 2023, 05:30:28 AM »

hi you guys i love the update see bob and both foxes and they are getting along for cat and foxes. thank you doc and everyone for feeding them maybe two cats or light and camera at night changed eye color. doc may end up with a ton of stray cats you know once you start feeding them. elvis mab and horse in barn. its 32 here i see the moon but it is cloudy hope no rain today. 24 in iceland 52 rain in kyiv and 51 in the barn.

hi joho good the train stuff not in your area but bad for those who was. all them trains coming off the tracks yes someone needs to fix that. good your tv is okay and good you are doing so well. hope debbie gets better.

hi neva good your allergy shots help you yikes in your gut. why does it have to be there? i forget what is it your allergy shot helps you with? in the desert i would think be pollen free but maybe not. i know my family on my dads side use to have problems breathing from lung issues which ended up killing them with lung cancer and most of them moved to vegas to help with that. them poor people in california on the world news terrible between snow and flooding.  so cool about your friend in iowa did she lose her daughter?

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4D055D4C22F8
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26436 on: March 11, 2023, 06:15:55 AM »

8:28 Good morning EV1. 30 degrees and cloudy.  Soon Back to the Wilds will be on from Nova Scotia.
Neva I take a belly shot too, for diabetes.  It is called Trulicity.  I take it once a week on Mondays.  It works great. My A1C is down to 6.8 now.  Daily readings of glucose have drifted upwards from 126 to 170 in the last year.  So Dr. Miclat increased my dose from 0.75 to 1.5.  Drugmart called me last night to tell me the 90 day RX will cost me $789.  Would I like to get a less number of days to stretch out the cost they said. When I started this medicine it cost me over $2000 for the same time frame.  So I was surprised, but not the way they thought.  I was glad. LOL
That was one of two medicine changes.  I also stopped my bedtime baby aspirin, because he said it does not work anyway.  Feels like I have already told someone this.  If I did, forgive me for for being old and over sharing.  I too have thought that the desert is as good as it gets for allergy sufferers.  I am glad you find relief.  I know asthma is very uncomfortable.  My dear great grandson Nick has it and he does have some pretty bad days.
Today I will find some place that is celebrating Spring by serving pancake breakfast.  Chatham VFW, Valley City Firemen, or maybe even some far distant little town like Burton or Chardon.  Maple festivals go on around here for the whole month of March.  I just wish I had someone to ride along.
 Joan loved to go around with me.  She was my constant copilot, and I miss her.
I am getting misty.  So I will go get a second coffee and finish yesterday's paper.
GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26437 on: March 11, 2023, 10:11:59 AM »

hi joho just came in from the barn its raining 35 its cold temp drops more than snow better than rain. i would ride with you get pancakes but i would have to get right back. your medicine is high but it is bout same cost as pearls monthly med was and she got it. yes much better than 2 grand still all life med should be in reach. you get belly shot too you guys are tuff but like paying for life saving meds shot be same. i would have it on my calendar with big oh crud face on that day. can you give it to yourself? my old vet had me give some dogs i had with stroke worries the baby aspirin yellow one time release. ed best vet. semi best better than no vet and my vet very reasonable price not having to pay for a big fancy building or an overpriced vet.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #26438 on: March 11, 2023, 12:49:24 PM »

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour---before bed tonight or first 'thing' Sunday AM

8 Things You May Not Know About Daylight Saving Time
The idea has nothing to do with farmers, for one thing.

https://www.history.com/news/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-daylight-saving-time?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-onequestion-2022-0310-03102023&om_rid=
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

neva

« Reply #26439 on: March 11, 2023, 06:29:55 PM »

Thanks Phyl   Time flies. it seems like we just got done ending it from the last time.  I think I am the only one in here that doesn't have to worry about it. 
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #26440 on: March 11, 2023, 07:31:41 PM »

Eilean Donan Castle ... 39:00     74°  (5:41 pm)    Overcast and no wind at the moment.

Hi Cal     Thanks for the report on Dr. Rodgers and his furry friends.  I love that Bobcat; I actually love them all.  What a good life the doctor lives.     About allergies in the desert.  Anywhere there are plants, there are pollens.  They are different and one might be allergic to some and not others.  The beauty about the desert is the dry climate.  Most people with lung issues do better in a dry climate, and warmer too.  My current doctor tested me for allergies to see what I was allergic to, and his comment afterwards was, 'You are allergic to everything.'    I don't think he meant that literally.  I found out I'm allergic to cats, and not allergic to dogs.  That's preferable to me, if I had to choose.  I like cats well enough, but prefer dogs.

About the shots in the abdomen,  You can  get those shots in the stomach or arm.  The reason for my choice is because the medication arrives at the doctor's office in powder form. and doesn't get mixed into a liquid form until you arrive there to get it.  When mixed, it is in a thick gel form and I would rather those two bubbles of medication be out of site, on my stomach than up there on my upper arm.  It doesn't hurt on my stomach due to the fact that I've had surgery before there that has kind of numbed the nerves.  I also take a insulin shot each day there for my diabetes.   A1c 6.8  (up a bit)

Joho      My brother was on Trulicity for a while too and really did like it.  He is off it now while being treated for cancer. 
I guess he doesn't need it right now, his numbers are okay at this point.  I guess if he gets back to a normal diet, maybe he'll get back to diabetic treatment.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26441 on: March 12, 2023, 06:03:19 AM »

hi you guys its 35 here 28 in iceland 41 in kyiv and 51 in the barn which flooded overnight i put out pellets it was wet and i was afraid of flooding cause it just has to rain every day. i hate spring hate it winter my favorite season and feel like did not get much of a winter this year. jim used the back hoe to dig a big trench on that side of the barn said i went past the barn but jim you did not make a run off. just a big trench all along the back of the barn fills up and just sits leaks into that side of the barn where indy is. so if it ever gets nice and before tons of weeds and grass grow there i guess take my walker try to get back there use my little hand digger and try to dig a run off out into the pasture. or pay someone to do it. then come in the house and jim did take trash sack out of can but sat it in the sink and dogs got it out of the sink trash all over and stupid daylight saving time i hate it leave it alone say for school kids well all around this whole area bus stops at each kids house. you are so lucky neva.

hi neva good you get your shots cause you got some cats and real pretty ones too. good shots do not hurt you i like that. i hope your brother is doing okay  :(

horse and elvis and mab in barn and snowing at falcon cam wish it would snow here instead of rain. if it has to do something snow. gotta go feed everyone head back to barn put out more pellets

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E6055D4FAA32?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26442 on: March 12, 2023, 10:02:55 AM »

5:00  WOW! Good mousey.
Just a dusting over the grass and concrete this morning.  Feels cold though at 28 degrees.
 Today the Valley City Firemen are serving their Spring Breakfast fund raiser from 9 til 1.  I think I will go about 12 and wait in line if necessary.  I am not in any hurry today.
Don't have much to share.  Debbie felt better yesterday and I have not talked to her yet today.  Maybe I will ask her to go with me. She always says no, and that is OK.  My asking at least lets her know I am thinking of her.  She just like her home and does not enjoy  riding around lie I do.
I did not go out at all yesterday except for the mail, and to Walmart for a new can opener,  I made some tuna salad with onions and peas.  I like to eat it on the little Italian bread that Walmart usually makes.  Yesterday they had none.  I took one loaf that I thought was Italian to the deli counter and asked them to slice it for me.  She said no we can't slice that.  It is French bread. So I said how can I get Italian.  She says well maybe at another store or in the bread isle.  I love Nickles Italian, but not for tuna salad.  So I just got a can opener and headed home to use my regular white bread which I toasted.  It was not as good.  I made three cans of tuna so I will have it for several days.  I will try again to find the nice little bread that I like.  Oh the troubles I have.   LOL 
I did run into my foot doctor at Walmart.  He is so very nice.  I am always glad to see him. One time on an Ash Wednesday.  Joan and I went to a church that we had not attended before, and luckily Dr Pham and his wife sat in the pew just ahead of us.  That was also very pleasant.
Well, time to text Debbie to see how she is doing.  So cul ev1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26443 on: March 12, 2023, 12:32:03 PM »

hi joho been in the mud working on trench drainage come in here read your post oh the troubles you have lol im like debbie i love my home walmart harps feed store enough then another day bank gas station. jim went to his dads yesterday pops sent home bags of frozen left overs for the dogs i go thru it cause chicken legs bones pops told jim i think no chicken bones but have her make sure so dogs all happy watching me pick out something to add to their dry food. and in a foil wrapper chicken leg bone i told the girls the old man is trying to take you out!

calihoula

« Reply #26444 on: March 12, 2023, 01:06:57 PM »

joho sue posted this on fb

Decorah Eagles - Sue Bruhling
  ·
Big Bear Eagles - March 12, 2023
REMINDER: Jackie and Shadow and their nest will be featured on the TV show NCIS on CBS on Monday night, March 13, at 9 pm. For anyone who might not be able to watch at that time, CBS puts each of their episodes up on their website after they have aired--https://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/--and they are free to view for 2 or 3 weeks. Enjoy!
Sandy