Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602533 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23940 on: October 03, 2021, 05:30:48 PM »

hi joho in my office so i can do your boss walk chiefs did good cheetah was on fire today i hope the brownies won too coach reid win today made him the only coach to win so many on two different teams he coach how cool he did it in philly.

https://fb.watch/8oPeowUid3/

see Boss and Debbie at 39-40 seconds.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23941 on: October 03, 2021, 05:33:14 PM »

joho that is an awesome dog walk!!! :) is that boss with the big white chest? all them dogs beautiful
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23942 on: October 03, 2021, 08:14:34 PM »

Yes Cal, that is Boss and Debbie with her little pink socks.  I am glad you could see them.  He is her life.  She trains him every day.  She wants everyone to love him and not to fear him.  Many people have an ingrained fear of pitbulls.  She wants to change that misconception.
My BP is coming down just a little.
Chiefs and Browns win YAY.
Now I am watching my hero Tom Brady.  He is my hero because of his age.  He is like a 40 year old kid. He just set a record for most yards passing in a lifetime.  Drew Breeze held the record for a long time until tonight.
Well going back to the game now.
Good Night and God Bless My Friends  See you tomorrow.

calhound

« Reply #23943 on: October 04, 2021, 05:53:09 AM »

hi you guys its 53 clear 6 raccoonies last night i put out tons of food in bowls on my sidewalk i can see from my bathroom window and i leave that light on all the time. tons of raccoonies but first and i just love them a mom and her kid possum so happy to see them eat. heard coyotees this morning.

hi joho! yay brownies won too! tom brady says he will play till he is 50 we will see  he is 44 now. he really is not my hero i knew he would pass drew. my cousin matt and renee have a pitbull and tag is so sweet and missys daughter has chloe she is sweet too miss will not let her bring her to her house when libby comes to visit cause she is a pitbull and miss has 6 dogs of her own. they just relax a law around the city you can now have a pitbull so happy about that. boss and debbie are awesome!  :) i have pink socks too. happy your bp is going down yay for that!

Hi Neva!  :) oh griz says bark bark bark

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/08055D593D42?z=0

calhound

« Reply #23944 on: October 04, 2021, 05:57:09 AM »

https://fb.watch/8qBPZuAqnQ/

We was talking about our dogs that like the snow these guys not so much this is at hillsdale lake not far from my sisters farm that i have now.

calhound

« Reply #23945 on: October 05, 2021, 05:00:23 AM »

hi you guys got to go to walmart going to walk it try to anyway

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B7055D536447?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23946 on: October 05, 2021, 10:34:04 AM »

4:50 Canoes and 5:26 turkey.
Loved those southern ducks.  So funny.  LOL
Pitbull story in Akron, Ohio.  Toddler mauled to death inside house when dog got over stimulated by uncle and his girl friend fighting out on the front porch. Terrible case of ignorance. Fifteen people live here, five generations, and the girl is left alone in the house with the dogs.
  Very foggy here to start, but now the sun is out and temps going up a little to 66 degrees at 10:15.  I love foggy mornings.  They remind me of our honeymoon along the Allegheny River in Pennsylvania so many years ago.
Gonna go see Debbie and Boss at 5:30.  Gonna take her some of my homemade chili with French's Chili-o.  She will like it a lot.  Also have a bag of dog treats for Boss.
Walking better this morning.  Back hurts a little less than yesterday.  Knees feel very good.  Not too sore, and just a little stiff.  May try the bike a little just to see if they bend enough to peddle properly.  Did not work the last time I tried.
Our bear friends are really slowing down for the winter, but I still look in on them several times each day.  Ted is very heavy now.  Almost 700 pounds.  Isn't that something?  I mean that is like a horse or a cow isn't it? 
Well I better get started with something.  Don't know what, but I will start with catching up with Facebook Exposé on TV.  I never did like Facebook.  Too much misinformation for me.
CUL EV1 GB

calihoula

« Reply #23947 on: October 05, 2021, 01:49:55 PM »

hi joho horrible pitbull story poor kid poor dog now dog will be put down cause of stupid a** owner too many stupid people living there but you cant dare say that what did their stupidity get them. poor dog makes me sick. sa people should never be allowed to own a dog again or a kid. deb will love your chili boss his treats good you feel better maybe leave bike alone little longer ted is big but tasha aint tiny girl put on a few pounds herself pearl probably weighs 1000 lbs maybe 900 i am not into facebook either i got free time not spend it there i do check in fast early on my cousin janice in texas. i heard on the news it was down yesterday i know that probably upset some people. boobies middle daughter nicole lives on fb and she watches little kids for a living. :( gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23948 on: October 06, 2021, 05:28:47 AM »

hi you guys its 58 here and cloudy no moon pretty dark outside. no update so hoping the bears are okay almost done with hunting. maybe someday no hunting at all. jim still in the tub while i am doing all this stuff lay in there for almost 2 hours  >:( his friend justin said what when i told him once ten minutes should be it he called all the guys at ford and told them  :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7E055D4CA2D8?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23949 on: October 06, 2021, 08:07:50 AM »

6:28 jack o lantern
cloudy and coolish 62 at 8:58.
Second coffee and paper calling.
No real plans today. Did have a nice visit with Debbie and Boss last night.  He is not doing as well as I had hoped at the pack walks.  He still reacts a lot to some dogs.  Especially that one that wears a muzzle.  Debbie is getting discouraged I am afraid.  She so wants to be able to let Boss romp and run with the dogs in an enclosed dog park. She cannot find a good outlet for his high level of energy. She plays with him for hours each day, but on a long leash.  He is not really able to go full speed.  He has learned a lot of commands, and is eager to please her.  He gets obviously bored with the repetition at times, and just sits down.
Well as I said coffee no.2 is waiting so cul. GB

calhound

« Reply #23950 on: October 06, 2021, 11:37:34 AM »

hi joho if debbie and boss lived by me i would make mine stay in the house and let boss run our 40 acres and debbie could ride jims 4 wheeler and i would be on mine when griz was young and his brothers and of course calihoula took them out all the time boo boo really loved to go scootie not so much he would watch from the front porch and sometimes augie stayed back and watched also. miss my dogs but anyway good outlet for them now we dont ride much anymore and penny and brownie are aggressive dogs afraid they would take off get on the road they have allergies and better off right here. joho you could ride the 4 wheeler take you all around the gravel roads here. you are game for lots of stuff. i remember babe our gwpyreense she took off got on the road and corey lived across the street with his dog dolly a rottie babe went to start trouble with dolly jim so mad he rode over there got off and did not have his belt on his huge belly his pants fell down he was yelling at babe and his pants down corey came out to see wth was going on.  :) sure do miss corey and dolly too.

calihoula

« Reply #23951 on: October 06, 2021, 05:22:42 PM »

3:25 treat or treat
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23952 on: October 07, 2021, 06:08:36 AM »

Memories of Decades Past - UPDATE October 6, 2021
Big Harry on 8-13-18 by Denise Bradley
Big Harry on 8-13-18 by Denise Bradley
My best memories of decades past were opportunities to help bears or learn about them in unprecedented ways. This year is the 50-year anniversary of legislation being passed that freed Minnesota’s black bears from the cruelty and disrespect of being classified as varmints. Minnesota law allowed people to kill them in any number by any means at any time.

Improving bear management was why Wally and Mary Lee Dayton of the Dayton-Hudson-Target Store chain proposed that the University of Minnesota conduct scientific research that would move Minnesota beyond its consuming fear of bears and replace myths with scientific facts. Somehow, I was picked to carry the ball, and I never wanted anything more. Two things were needed—scientific data and public education. The professor who selected me gave me free reign to design and conduct Minnesota’s first bear field study and use the media coverage that resulted from it to change public attitudes.

Two top DNR wildlife officials were of similar minds. Wildlife Chief Roger Holmes and Fish and Wildlife Director David Vesall told me they had long thought Minnesota’s black bears deserved the respect of being protected big game animals, but they had been unable to pass the necessary legislation because people wanted the right to shoot bears on sight to protect themselves, their families, their livestock, and their crops. As a result, Minnesota’s bear population was decimated by decades of bounties and unrestricted killing. Hunting leader Dick Anderson was of a similar mind, as was Representative Cal Larson, a new legislator who wrote the bill that passed in early 1971. The team remained together. DNR officials Holmes and Vesall asked me to use my scientific data to show the direction bear management should take and to write new bear hunting regulations—regulations that reduced bear hunting from 52 weeks to six, protected bears in seasons when cubs were dependent on mother’s milk, and minimized the biggest problem of bear hunting—wounding loss.

Dick Anderson went on to create a Bear Hunter Education Program for the DNR that he ran for the rest of his life—over 30 years. His program further taught hunters how to minimize wounding loss and how to identify females in order to avoid shooting them.

Recognizing that people will not coexist with animals they fear, I continued educating the public throughout my career and saw both public fear and shootings by landowners decline.

The overall result was a quadrupling of Minnesota’s bear population.

Representative Cal Larson went on to work for good as a highly respected legislator whose career lasted 29 years. To this day, we point to the bear management legislation that we passed as a high point in our careers when we get together, as we did again earlier this year.

Other good memories from decades past occurred in 1991 and 2001, 20 and 30 years ago.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23953 on: October 07, 2021, 06:11:34 AM »

hi you guys its 61 here cloudy foggy running behind this morning got extra stuff to do.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B7055D52439A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23954 on: October 07, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »

5:48 Bats
Deb says Boss did very good at Pack Walk last night. No video yet though.  Maybe later.
No plans today.  Just keep healing.  Back is sore and knees are sore too. Come on Tylenol.
Good morning to you all. ^% degrees at8:40 and cloudy. Not too bad for walking.  I mat try a longer walk today.  Not sure yet.  Have to wake up more first. LOL
Well bye for now GB