Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622547 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23220 on: April 03, 2021, 08:49:49 AM »

6:22 LOL fixed with Photoshop!!!
 Thanks for posting Cal and Lupe and Rues. Makes my day better to see your comments, and try to visualize the different areas of our country where you are.  Today here, near the lake, it is very nice and going to mid 50s.  Tomorrow for Easter to 70s. TUG
 I wish a very Happy Easter to all who visit here.  I want to share that my Debbie is in vogue by serving a somewhat non-traditonal dinner this year.  I am not sure just what it will be, but it will be highly appreciated just because we will be together.  Most of us are fully vaccinated now and less likely to come down with covid. I am prying we will be OK. There will be four generations there, but sadly my Joan will only be there in spirit. May God Bless her beautiful soul.  She did so love Eater, ever since she was a little girl.  She loved to dress up and put on her bonnet and go to church.  I really miss her now sob. CUL GB 

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23221 on: April 04, 2021, 06:40:13 AM »

hi rues lupe joho i wish you all a happy easter i got to go pick up my walmart online groceries boo got up on his own yesterday well i was on the floor helped him but he stood for a few minute jim home today so hoping he gets up and tries to walk again. its 50 here 58 in the barn 1 raccoonie. joho i remember going to church with the easter bonnet and dress mom always did that. joan is with you today you know that she is with you everyday. gb try to bbl hi rues i had no time yesterday to watch blacklist we had the royals game on in the afternoon they looked great jp they looked great we watched 10 comments last night. happy easter to all

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A916A5F3FA0?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23222 on: April 04, 2021, 09:44:15 AM »

7:35 to see that cute hare in my coffee.  Thanks Cal.
  I hope you and yours also have a happy Easter. Very very nice day here today.  I will go to Debbie's for dinner this afternoon.  Will let you all know later what she served. I will see two Great Grandsons Odin and Nicholas.  As well as grand dogs Abby and Boss.  I have chew treats for them. Abby is Shannon's dog, and Boss is Debbie's newly adopted BFF.  I have a "favorite angle" nurses day card for Debbie. Kind of a joke, because I don't really know when nurse's day is. I think she will be surprised.
  I also have some scratch off cards for Odin, Nick, Shannon, Mary ,Matt, Brian, John, and Debbie. They are my family, and I love them all.
So I will go now and start to get ready.
May God Bless all those suffering this beautiful Easter Sunday, and relieve their pain.

ruesgram

« Reply #23223 on: April 04, 2021, 05:32:35 PM »

Hope everyone is having a

ruesgram

« Reply #23224 on: April 04, 2021, 05:59:27 PM »

We had our typical holiday turkey dinner. Walmart had no frozen turkey breasts Wednesday so I got one at Piggly Wiggly. It was not a brand I was familiar with. Turned out to be one of the best turkeys we ever had! It was so moist. Wilson was a no show for his annual Easter pic!  Robin trimmed his nails shortly after she got here. He didn't like that at all so as soon as he could he broke free from her and hid under the bed. We tried everything we could think of to get him out but he was not having his pic taken! We knew it would happen that as soon as Robin left he would come out! He didn't disappoint! He heard the front door open and close and knew she had left.  He then walked into the kitchen! I gave him some turkey scraps which he gobbled up! Little does he know tomorrow Robin will be back to get that Easter pic of him with bunny ears and an Easter hat! Lol! It's been an absolutely beautiful day with sunshine and 75! The same all week long. Looks like time to get mulch and figure out what to plant where the cypress tree was.

Cal, hope Boo had a good day! In case you haven't watched Blacklist, Red is ok!

Jo, anxious to hear about Debbie's dinner!

Lupe, tell us about the upstairs cat!

Have a nice Easter evening! Stay safe! :)

calhound

« Reply #23225 on: April 05, 2021, 07:27:46 AM »

Daily Updates
A Happy Easter - UPDATE April 4, 2021
04 April 2021
 Print Email
Herring gull
Herring gull
Today was happy, good, and interesting from start to finish.

This good day started with Donna giving me the best birthday card I’ve ever gotten. She gave it to me early because she was leaving this afternoon to watch the grandkids (Colleen’s Heinrik and Gabrielle) down in the Cities all the way through my birthday. Before she left, we had a super Easter Dinner with enough leftovers to last much of the week. Thank you, Honey! After we packed her car, she was off to the Cities and I was off to the WRI.

But as she drove, she showed her talent as a spotter by calling to say there was a super picture of white pelicans in a river right next to the highway only 11 miles from the WRI if I hurried. I couldn’t resist, but by the time I arrived the pelicans were gone. Much appreciated anyway.

Chipmunk licking sap
Chipmunk licking sap
But on this 69 degree day, maple sap was running. A reason I was too late for the pelicans was that I couldn’t resist stopping to snap a picture of an Eastern Chipmunk licking sap from a red maple tree. It seemed to like the sap as much as humans do.

Herring Gulls are back in number now with 8 of them circling over the WRI while the bravest became full of bologna and finally let me go back to work.

Meanwhile, "Taught" sent a 1½-minute video of Holly stopping by Tasha’s rock den last evening only to be rebuffed. No contact. Tasha just told her in plain body language that she was not accepting visitors. Holly backed off and made a wide berth around the back of Tasha’s den as she left. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbWjqZiwigI

Chipmunk with paw on maple sap
Chipmunk with paw
on maple sap
But the bear highlight of the day was Spanky showing the classic REM sleep we’ve been watching for. He was sleeping with his face very visible and the camera zoomed in on it. He was sleeping breathing regularly 15 times a minute and sleeping very quietly except that his nose and lips were twitching and he opened his eyes a slit at times to reveal that his eyeballs were wandering. Suddenly, at 19:19:19 when he was at the height of the REM sleep, he jerked awake. Had he been dreaming? He then went out for his evening walk.

We made two videos of Spanky REM sleeping. One is a 5-minute edited down video at regular speed. As is usual with REM sleeping, it is not super action packed, so we also made a 4:13-minute Fast Motion (5x) and zoomed in video of the entire sequence. You choose which you would rather watch.

Regular speed (5:01): https://youtu.be/N-fQAUHbXbs
Fast speed and zoomed in (4:13): https://youtu.be/CAJFvDqjdlo

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23226 on: April 05, 2021, 07:35:17 AM »

hi you guys it is 62 here 66 in the barn jim left to go fishing but smithville so just for the day sister does not get up till ten now guess she is on vacation so i got to hurry boo in the living room alone and that spells trouble he ate this morning we flipped him over he did not stand but jim said he was moving all the floor last night. he stood yesterday two times short but up wore him out

hi rues so funny about wilson hiding from mean ol robin  :) jim went to put boo muzzles on to flip him and he laid his head real quick only on for a short time and he is snappy but did okay this morning. thanks for red is okay i will sit with boo and have it on in a minute richmond use to have piggle wiggle long time ago it many stores but now is not was a bargain store not sure what it is now i got to hurry here

hi joho! tell us how it went yesterday! hope you had fun with your grands and grand dogs!

hi lupe! we are in for bad weather tuesday night and wed are you getting storms too i thought i heard something about iowa.
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3E16EC7B940?z=0

lupinelady

« Reply #23227 on: April 05, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »

Good morning everyone- cloudy here with chance of showers for the next few days. cal- i haven't heard of anything severe so far.
Lunch with company on friday was great. So good to have face to face conversations. We got grilled fish dinners and served them in the containers and i got bottled water too. Izzy  pulled a wilson- not interested in new people at all. I did carry her in to introduce herthe she immediately jumped down and went back to her bed.
We had a visitation to go to on saturday- a cousin of hubby's. We knew some people-relatives - would not wear masks so we went way early- visited a bit and left. We also found out another cousin in Florida died friday night. Both these deaths could be covid related- maybe.

So the upstairs cat is a stray that hubby got attached to. I put my foot down and said we had to live trap him and put him in the upstairs bedroom and try to tame him. He is very nervous but thankfully not aggressive.  He climbed the window frames his first night- hate to see his trauma but in the long run he will benefit.  It took him 2 days to eat anything and about that long to figure out what the litter pan was for. The plan is to make an appointment for a feline leukemia test and if that is negative we'll go ahead with a neuter and shots. As you can see from the photo he likes corners. I lay on the floor and pet him- no aggression at all. I've even scratched under his chin, behind his ears etc. He did hiss once but otherwise we haven't heard a peep out of him. Hubby and i both go up often and talk to him and pet him. 
Have a great day jewelies!

calihoula

« Reply #23228 on: April 05, 2021, 10:48:23 AM »

hi lupe! love upstairs! he is very pretty very pretty! oh yes he will be so happy in long run! hoping his test are negative and its a go for him. hubby you are so goodly! :) cats pajamas! lupe good he is not aggressive and got him caught an inside. i did not know you had an upstairs. does izzy know he is up there?

hi rues i watched blacklist good i record it had to stop go back few times. when that note was blank i thought stuff on it kill that guy good harold ok what will happen next! what does this mean about red?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23229 on: April 06, 2021, 07:17:28 AM »

hi you guys just saying hi got to go tons to do

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6E16DC10D10?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23230 on: April 06, 2021, 08:35:23 AM »

4:29 Ya'll  Had a great Easter.  All was well. Debbie Shannon and Mary make a good cook team.  They went simple this year, but quality and quantity. Rare beef tenderloin with tender scalloped potatoes and fresh baby asparagus.  No peel shrimp , cheese plate with summer sausage  and pepperoni plate with chips and dip for snacks.
  Little ones spent some time dipping eggs.  They had a lot of fun doing that.  We also celebrated Shannon's and Nick's birthdays with song and cake, and some nice gifts that little Odin helped rip open with glee.  He kept an eye on the gifts for several hours.  Periodicly going over and tearing just a tiny bit of paper here and there.  He was so funny and cute. He is two, and as sweet as candy.
  I gave everyone a scratchoff.  We had several winners of small amounts.  All were glad to at least try. We all used Nick's quarter until it got lost.  Then we used my Nickle.  I gave him a couple of quarters to replace his lost one.  He was happy.  He likes to have some change in his pocket.  Don't we all?
  It was very nice to be able to visit without feeling threatened with disease.  Bad dog Boss ran off twice through a crack in the door and scared everyone by playing catch me if you can.  I took some chew treats for he and Abby, Shannon's dog, they loved them.
Joan was sadly missed.  She would have so loved to be with us all at Debbie's.
GTG CUL GB

calihoula

« Reply #23231 on: April 06, 2021, 04:12:10 PM »

hi joho i loved your easter story! :) yes like change in the pocket. good boss okay. boo not eating much today but relaxed sleeping good today he was edgy yesterday i gave him some medicine they sent for him months back. i syringe food in him he ate some drank very good. sat up but not get up may use the lift on him in a little bit. thanks for your post!cul gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23232 on: April 07, 2021, 06:40:38 AM »

hi you guys raining here got to pick up groceries at walmart bbl

calhound

« Reply #23233 on: April 07, 2021, 10:33:01 AM »

johoward

« Reply #23234 on: April 07, 2021, 06:56:33 PM »

4:52 finally got a chance to sit down.  Been running today.
GN GB CU tomorrow