Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: From the heart  (Read 47797 times)

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
Re: From the heart
« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2021, 04:06:58 PM »

Amusing getting a warning to start a new topic since its been so long since anyone has been here, but sad to realize "from the heart" is a stale topic.  I didn't scroll below the "archives" for all this time seeking the topic, so I, for one, apologize for not being here.  Hope everyone who agrees logs in to say hi and maybe move this category above the Archives.
  Personally, I'm working on trying to reach the "Hero Member" category before my 74th birthday towards the end of this month.  I know I'm long past that with all my "lost" entries when Amy rebooted the Forum in the past, but she's held my count over the last couple times and I'm real close for the first time I think....unless I was already over the first time it happened.  It was so long ago....2012 or 2013....and I didn't pay close attention to my status then.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2021, 02:06:59 PM »

Eburg, I just read your post about this thread in Beak. I'm embarrassed to say, but I didn't know about this thread.
I don't think this is a stale topic. I hope this thread continues.

I had a friend who passed away 2012. She had this written in her Celebration of Life and I have never forgotten it.
I'd like to post it here.

Bits and Pieces

People. People important to you, people unimportant to you cross our life,
touch it with love and carelessness and move on. There are people who leave you
and you breathe a sigh of relief and wonder why you even came into contact with them.
There are people who leave you and you breathe a sigh of remorse and wonder why they
had to go away and leave such a gaping hole. Children leave parents; friends leave friends.
Acquaintances move on. People change homes. People grow apart. Enemies hate and
move on. Friends love and move on. You think on the many who have moved into your
hazy memory. You look on those present and wonder.

I believe in God's master plan in lives. He moves people in and out of each other's lives,
and each leaves his mark on the other. You find you are made up of bits and pieces
of all who ever touched your life, and you are more because you would be less if they had
not touched you.

Pray God that you accept the bits and pieces in humility and wonder, and never question, and never regret.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:08:41 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #437 on: November 18, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »

Thanks for that posting Lani.  Sometime here I'll find a poem like gg used to post and place it in this thread of wisdom.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa