Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 545548 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10905 on: November 06, 2023, 10:53:40 AM »

Happy Anniversary Phyl and Jim

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10906 on: November 06, 2023, 11:19:57 AM »

I personally would love to see Standard Daylight time sit for the whole year....
I hate it when the sun doesn't rise till almost 8am...now it's back to 7amish.

Part of the problem with finally doing away with this clock changing shenanigans once & for all is ...

The Government wants to use Daylight Savings Time year round.

The Health and Sleep experts say if we're going to do "it" at all it really should be Standard Time year round.

And on top of that you then have all the personnel & geographic considerations.
What state do you live in (ie latitude), what side of a time zone are you in (ie east or west) and are you a morning person or an evening person
.. and on and on ... 

My 2 cents _ I personally would like to stay on Daylight Savings Time year round.
I like my late afternoon & early evening outdoor activities sunshine.

My sunset today is 4:46 pm instead of 5:46 pm, yuck I don't like that.
On the Winter Solstice (with Standard Time) it sets at 4:30.
On the Summer Solstice (if it was Standard Time) year round my sunset would be 7:30 pm instead of 8:30 pm.
Double yuck.  ;)   

Either way I think after a year or 2 all of our brain and body clocks would adjust to one or the other.
Certainly better than screwing with our brain and body clocks twice a year every year.   ::)

-Edit to add- I'm guessing Lani is chuckling at this thread.   ;)   ;D

BL, indeed I am  ;D  ... Daylight Savings Time year round works for me.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10907 on: November 06, 2023, 11:25:03 AM »

This Almond Cream Cake is light, moist and velvety paired with a homemade cooked, whipped frosting topped with sliced almonds.

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10908 on: November 06, 2023, 11:34:54 AM »

Sloth Preschool Updates:

Ken, 2F Sloth: We are still monitoring him, but he is doing great! He is growing fast and staying active.
Elmo, 2F Sloth: He is showing signs of anemia and not gaining appropriate weight. We are providing treatment and monitoring him closely.

NEW ARRIVALS:

Binx, 2F Sloth: Binx arrived to us in surprisingly great shape after being found with her deceased mother. We are carefully monitoring her, but so far she has been very active and has a great appetite.
Frankie, 2F Sloth: Frankie was found as an orphan. Despite being on her own for a few days, she is currently in stable condition. She is maintaining a healthy weight and is relatively active.
Grover, 2F Sloth: Grover is a premature baby who was found abandoned and alone on the ground. He only weighs 380 grams, so he spends most of his time in an incubator, but you might catch an occasional glimpse of him on the porch during feedings.

GRADUATION:

Roo, 2F Sloth: Roo is doing great! Stable and maintaining a healthy weight. Active as always.
Myrtle, 2F Sloth: Myrtle is as spunky as ever! She is active and keeps her caretakers on their toes. She is almost ready for Sloth University!

IN LOVING MEMORY:

Nara, 3F Sloth: Our sweet Nara caught a serious case of pneumonia, and after a few days of being monitored around the clock, she sadly slipped away from us. We are devastated. We know you all love Nara as much as we do, and it breaks our hearts every time we have to share an update like this.

Phoenix, 2F Sloth: Phoenix was abandoned by his mother. We suspect he has some vision issues, but more testing needs to be done to determine his level of sight. So far he has been in stable condition, eating well and gaining weight.

Morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Lisa, Tig Have a good day  :)

Eagles, You know me well.... I have a few projects and 3 zoom meetings set up this week while Mike's away.  ;D

Tsk, I hope Tim has a lovely day!  :)

Oldguy, Love your birthday post for Tim! "Diabetic friendly"... I was going the same way with my card too! I didn't want to break the poor guy on his birthday. Mike gave me a threatening look if I ordered Nutrisystem.

Kb, Love your comment about spending habits at Target, it's the same for me. "See No Evil" LOL!  ;D... yep, "Just get er done!"  ;D
Clynn, "Rude people shop on weekends" LOL!  ;D ... Love the senior ladies post...

Phyl,  lovely coastal "Group Finish"  nature video  :) ... Have a lovely anniversary.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10909 on: November 06, 2023, 12:06:47 PM »

« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 02:28:05 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #10910 on: November 06, 2023, 12:14:09 PM »

Furnace maintenance: Done
Ollie man walk: Done

A few DIY projects well, one attempted but couldn't do it. Using a few more pieces of tin for one small wall of shed not covered. Tried to follow Andrews previous work. Can't push hard enough on the lath screw to get it through the tin and then in the wood...Will have Chris hold the tin and try again tomorrow or tap a nail hole in first?

Dang woodpeckers!..I actually saw it yesterday put holes in the one non-tinned wall...they love the insulation for some reason?

Very windy today so yard is once again covered in leaves...many days ahead however before snowfall to get to it.

Funny DIY one..We have 2 long fluorescent fixtures under two opposing cabinets
With my one stove hood light out for good we attempted to fix the one fluorescent fixture not on as it's near the stove.

Bought a new bulb....turns out after having Chris try the new one both ways (hard to get in) when looking up and bending over...we had the switch turned off on the next wall..!!!!!!

Put back light in, turned the wall switch on and voila!...Now I don't know if the bulb I thought wasn't working, was all along.

Gotta laugh but persistence often works! ;)

oldguy

« Reply #10911 on: November 06, 2023, 12:43:52 PM »

Hello Beakers

I made chili for the card game Sat. and my other half did her Veg/Beef Soup - I have a few days of leftovers... ::)

My team actually won with a field goal with only 14 sec. on the clock.

Won 2 out 3, but the lost game was really bad...  ::)

65 and heading for 69 today - about time to head over to MIL to assist installing a new Entrance door...

A few videos to catch up on...

All About the Rare Boreal Owl and How to Find One   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjbGjZY394

The following videos are from a comedian/musician that got started in the 50s/60s - still on the circuit at 83 and finally  getting some recognition...
It is amazing that on some of his songs one would believe that it was Johnny Cash singing
2023 Inductee Gary Mule Deer Acceptance Speech   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IDbu4SHTI
Gary Mule Deer - CabaRay Nashville Segment   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-zbObWkW4
Church Bulletins Rev. Mule Deer   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTjogwGdFTo
Gary Mule Deer - Comedian & Entertainer - 1983   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KGI-vN_JpI

Home Free - Cruise [Home Free's Version]   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXEBqxSXvew

LaLa Underwent Major Surgery for 4 Hours (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOlR-NAsDYw
LuLu's Relationship with Other Cats Is... Complicated (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihIF41WCJc

No matter what Hana wants to stick with Maru   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgsSWzBidsE
Only Maru enjoyed cleaning the chimney   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWYXB4IjAnM

COZY UP WITH YOUR CAT - Caturday Film Club   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d3ljidQ--0

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #10912 on: November 06, 2023, 12:58:23 PM »

With my one stove hood light out for good we attempted to fix the one fluorescent fixture not on as it's near the stove.

Bought a new bulb....turns out after having Chris try the new one both ways (hard to get in) when looking up and bending over...we had the switch turned off on the next wall..!!!!!!

Put back light in, turned the wall switch on and voila!...Now I don't know if the bulb I thought wasn't working, was all along.

kb my older brother worked for some years in the 70's for a TV repair shop.
They made repair visits to costumers homes back then due to the size of the console TV's of the day.

One way he would "fix" many TV's would be to ..
1) Turn on a light switch that was never used .. and viola Johnny Carson was back on again.  :D
2) Find that someone (or critter) had inadvertently unplugged the boob tube.   ;D

Funny thing how the old school tube TV's and the newfangled one's need power to put off their magic.  LOL.   
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #10913 on: November 06, 2023, 01:05:20 PM »

kb my older brother worked for some years in the 70's for a TV repair shop.
They made repair visits to costumers homes back then due to the size of the console TV's of the day.

One way he would "fix" many TV's would be to ..
1) Turn on a light switch that was never used .. and viola Johnny Carson was back on again.  :D
2) Find that someone (or critter) had inadvertently unplugged the boob tube.   ;D

Funny thing how the old school tube TV's and the newfangled one's need power to put off their magic.  LOL.   

Good, you made me laugh!....

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10914 on: November 06, 2023, 01:41:42 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, PHYL and JIM! And many more!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10915 on: November 06, 2023, 01:52:04 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM!!  Let the good times roll, and "eagle on!!"  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10916 on: November 06, 2023, 02:04:47 PM »

HAPPY MONDAY, BEAKERS!!  :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10917 on: November 06, 2023, 03:01:17 PM »

CLYNN   We did hit 70 today.  Right now!  Your Mom's cuckoo clock  LOL

KB  I think I would need a raven and crow next to each other to see the big differences.  Another thing that goes wrong with under the cabinet fluorescence is the starter.  Glad yours was an easy fix!

EAGLES   Costco used to have a two hour AM window for seniors during Covid.  I don't think they do that now tho.

BL   Couldn't agree more  - Just settle on a time and our brains will adjust!!

OLDGUY  LOL  Tim appreciates diabetic friendly  LOL

Back in a minute

LANI   Thanks for the sloth update.  I look forward to seeing all the new names and how they came to be there.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10918 on: November 06, 2023, 03:22:18 PM »

E4E - Thank you!

BL - Oh boo....sunset even earlier today, then yesterday!

tig - What kind of breakfast sammies are you making for supper? 

Lori - Looking up that Almond Cream Cake to Pin, sounds delicious! 

Lani - Thanks for the TRR updates!  You have a good day too, sounds like you have a busy week ahead.

kb - You have been busy today, too. 

oldguy - 2 out of 3 for the wins...not too bad.  Yum on the Chili & Veg/Beef soup.

baz - Happy Day!

tsk - Are you and Tim going out to dinner for his birthday, or did you make him something special?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10919 on: November 06, 2023, 03:49:11 PM »

OLDGUY   That Gary Mule Deer is a riot.  Watched a young and old.  Thanks   (((LaLa)))

LISA    No we are on day 1 of the "fast 5" week - Next week allowed more food.  I want to get familiar with this program before we head out to a restaurant.
Chicagoland