Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 153888 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4155 on: May 05, 2024, 12:39:53 PM »

Tsk, NG brought a fish for Iris this morning, she wasn't hungry so off he went. Everyone at Hellgate and Iris fans/followers are praying that Iris will no longer be alone.  :-* ... I could hear the three boys mama holding back. She struck just the right tone, because she knew her farming husband would just get a good laugh, as you can tell with his post about the situation. She resolved the issue and in the end you could hear her say "next time use paper" and he says respectfully  "yes ma'am"  :-* ... but his two siblings. LOL! Looks like he's the leader, this family will be having years of adventures. Especially since she has 4 boys to raise, and I'm including the boys father!!!  LOLOLOL!!   ;D

Clynn, NG brought another fish to Iris and she's having breakfast on the owl pole right now. He's not brooding, but he's guarding the egg/nest. OMG! He just kicked the egg out after bring a branch. 10:46am time. I keep trying to go back and take a snip  :'( ... looks like NG can count days.  :-\

Lisa, I agree with you about NG. She's sitting on her nest with NG and softly chirping to him. And he's proudly guarding her/nest. She deserves this after the lonely summers she's had to endure, losing her eggs to the ravens/crows because she had to fish for food to survive too.
Puff, Louis started mating with Iris three weeks ago. And the NG persistently this past week... so..  ???... thank you for sharing your experiences.

5/3 Good Morning, Hellgate #CHOWS! For those who have been following #HellgateOspey for 5 years or more, you know how amazing it was to see Iris incubating the egg with a mate standing by. We've waited a long time.
We believe we can say #ProjectNewMate was a success.

Iris accepts some Fish from her new beloved provider who is trying so hard....she took it to Owl Pole where she is currently devouring it! ❤ posted by Jennie Powell

Lani, oh my, NG gave the "egg-by-Louis" the boot from the nest! Thank goodness, Iris still likes cooing with NG, and he's sticking around and bringing fish love offerings to her regularly!! :-* :-* :-*  I guess NG didn't need "no stinking Maury Povich Show" to prove who that egg-daddy was!!  ;D ;D 8)  Okay... bring on the new clutch, Iris! It has to be love between her and NG, and I don't think Louis will be getting any more time with Iris!! Yay! LOL. And all's well that ends well for all! Talons crossed, and time will tell the tale! I see ospreylets in iris and NG's nest future.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #4156 on: May 05, 2024, 01:44:26 PM »

Puff - Thanks for the link to the drying herbs article.

karen - So, E23 has left home?  We are still getting some light rain. 

tsk - Ahh, so you use the Do Not Eat, sign too! ;D

baz - Waving at ya!   :D

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update, and pretty morning.  You sound very excited for Aly's visit in July.  :)  Cute morning pic of ChiChi with his lil mustache and sombrero.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4157 on: May 05, 2024, 01:53:08 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I'm finally caught up on reading 3 days or so of posts in The Beak.  :D

Yesterday I walked 29 minutes, and today I walked 34 minutes. My bum right knee is not happy, so I'm not pushing it.  ::)

Yesterday, while I was out running some errands, and was stopped at a stoplight, a large bird starting flying towards me, and I was watching to see if I could make out what it was before the light turned green. It was too far away, and up pretty high - way above the tall treetops - but getting closer, and I was thinking it might be a heron or egret because it was too big to be one of our usual kinds of hawks around here. Well, it finally got closer, and I could see so much white from below, and then it flew smack dab right over my car - an osprey! with a good-sized fish on board! LOL, the fish and the osprey had the same heading. Natch.  ;) I loved being able to watch it go over me, fish lined up in the talons for least resistance.  :-* :-* :-*  I wish I could've seen where it went with that fish, to maybe discover a nest, because it was definitely on a mission. If that fish was just for that osprey, it could've easily stopped to eat it in any of several massive trees it flew past.  :-* :-* :-*

Phyl, good news on Jim being home. I hope he feels better and better each day.

BL, what a great week you and the guys have had!!

Karen, glad your replacement CPAP is working. Give 'em hell!  ;D 8)

Lisa,

Zippo is tired of looking at my back while I'm at my computer. She is calling to me to come over and "kiss kiss." LOL.  :-* :-* So I'm going to comply, and then watch the Madrid Open men's final match - on my DVR. So many unexpected happenings in that tourney this year. No one would've guessed at the beginning of the tournament who the men's finalists would turn out to be this year. The women's final yesterday was a stellar 3-set match, with Swiatek managing to survive over Sabalenka - the number 1 and number 2 women players in the world... an excellent match, and either could've won it.  Looking forward to the next tourney, in Rome, coming up - and will get to see my boyfriend play again, there, if nothing crops up healthwise before then. And keeping fingers crossed for him to be able to make it back to Roland Garros afterward (to play The French Open), though he has not made any definite announcement about that yet... taking it one tourney at a time... a goodbye tour, that I hope will last for a while longer for him.
:D :-*

Take care, All.  :)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 01:57:13 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #4158 on: May 05, 2024, 02:22:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1787161618863759530

Cool, a Chiropractor adjusts the neck of a giraffe....

I never did animals btw...but, a colleague who I went to school with moved to Israel, had 9 children, I know his wife too from LA, and is Both a human and animal Chiropractor.

Unfortunately, 3 of their sons have been deployed. 2 injured but good enough to be re-deployed at the end of May. No matter how you feel about this they want it to end asap.

I've been outside all day: use various tools to edge all  the brick lining my gardens in back anyway...have to do it every other year or so. Long knife etc. The weed whip doesn't quite get it all.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4159 on: May 05, 2024, 04:36:25 PM »

BAZI    I don't think I was confused.  I knew it was BL's.    Nice catch on the osprey.  Love how they carry as well  - parallel grab   ;D

LANI    LOLOLOL  Cinco De Mayo pup. Prompted by your comments, I saw the video of the interior of the mansion.  They just don't make staircases and moldings  like that anymore...The stain glass on the stair landing!  :o    I love that you are making a list of chores you and Aly can both work on together.  Half the man hours to do a project  ;) ;)

KB   Wonder how they knew the giraffe was having issues.  Maybe did an Xray?  Bet your yard is looking beautiful.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4160 on: May 05, 2024, 06:32:36 PM »

I've found this is so very true. And, I love that.

CLYNN- 'keep peace in  your heart'  ;)   I almost bought one of those wire banana hanger/fruit bowl. Instead I found my fresh
fruit keeps better in fridge on air circulating grid in veggie draw.  Go figure. :P
 :o    Hoodoos in the Bisti Badlands, New Mexico.   Oh my The Oscar Mayer mansion in Evanston, Illinois before/after, for sale for only $3,000,000. Why write it up for me.
Sure don't and never will build them like that anymore . Thanks.

TSK- luv the daisy this AM.  Jim also has a sinus infection with drainage.  So he has antibiotics and such.  How wild...I just bought some marigolds this afternoon to
set in  out inwhite planter on the deck floor between the chairs. Plus 4 other  items to plant in my cobalt blue pots. Next weekend we'll be out  drinking our coffee and breakfasting .

PUFF- determination  ;)

LISA-pretty AM today

KAREN- to be sure the cost of main tance and such these days would cost a fortune in and of itself;  Be safe E23  :-*

LANI- thanks for the Royal Albie update and snaps---so glad LGL came back to feed TF and wings are getting new markings; Oh goodness! NG kicked out Louis's egg in the nest.  NG has made a clear statement.  ;)         Sounds like you and Aly will be very busy in July. Go Girl Power!

Poor giraffe....  :(

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4161 on: May 05, 2024, 06:32:50 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4162 on: May 06, 2024, 12:37:14 AM »

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} continued prayers, I hope Jim feels better tomorrow.

Kb, interesting about the giraffe. It looked very contented while being helped. A real sweetie  :-* ... prayers for your friends in Israel.

Baz, what a cool osprey sighting!!  ;D... Kisses for Zippo!  :-*

Iris is restless on the nest tonight. She's been moving in a circle every other minute or in different directions and fussing with the nest bowl for the past two hours.
I think she's going to lay another egg tonight.

Good night Iris!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #4163 on: May 06, 2024, 06:05:04 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.

Currently: 67F cloudy with a   High 79 F sunny,  Low 38F

LANI- I'm sure you're right about Iris last night.   Before turning-in, I did a check  the Cornell Lab cam however no news  other than for May 2nd that I could see. 

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

[

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4165 on: May 06, 2024, 06:12:17 AM »

This one will surprise you. It did me !

2 plants randomly mated up to 1 million years ago to give rise to one of the world's most popular drinks

https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/plants/2-plants-randomly-mated-up-to-1-million-years-ago-to-give-rise-to-one-of-the-worlds-most-popular-drinks

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4167 on: May 06, 2024, 06:15:56 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4168 on: May 06, 2024, 06:37:26 AM »

PHYL   How IS your book coming along???   Next Friday I have set aside to go buy my annuals for my birdbath garden and various pots and hangers.  ;)   The familiar cottonwood  ;) ;) 365.     Well " who knew"? that about coffee. 

LANI  Talons crossed for Iris  ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLYNN

« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:39:34 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4169 on: May 06, 2024, 06:48:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, I will be going to the greenhouse this week to get my coleys and other flowers too! That is what I always use my birthday $$$ for!  Dad always gave us a dollar for each year old we were and Mom threw in $50. She covers both now, and that is a nice sum of $$$$ for flowers! The ground is good and soft from all the rain, but not muddy! I can't wait to get there and start filling the cart!

Phyl, ahh, the cottonwood trees! Lots of those in Decorah! My grandparents had 2 big ones at the end of their sidewalk, many moons ago. You always have interesting articles! the coffee and the blue hole, both very interesting. The NatGeo article needs a membership to open, but I found a similar article on the History Channel:  https://www.history.com/news/secret-societies-freemasons-knights-templar

Lani, just read your good night post and you were right!! Iris laid an egg at 10:01 last night!  And this one will be NG's for sure! Happy, happy, happy!!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zElBeBya6ws   Thanks for the Royal Alby news, they are just starting to get their black coloring! But they still have a lot of fluffy white!

tsk, our sister (me, Cathy, Becky and Jennifer) group loves touring old mansions, and you are so right, they just don't make them like that anymore.

baz, hope your boyfriend makes it to Rome and then to the French Open! You got to see an osprey up close, and with a fish! I remember having lunch with friends at a restaurant by the mall lake, and seeing one of our osprey's dive into the lake and come up with a big orange fish (koi?)! I checked the WF nest cam, and sure enough, the male came to the nest with the orange fish! Awww, Zippo wants to look at you!

Phyl, oh no, Jim has a sinus infection! Hope it clears up quickly! If you are putting marigolds on your deck, then I know it's not the squirrels that ate mine! Has to be the rabbits!  Or maybe the chipmunks. Do you have chipmunks?

Season of the Osprey - Full Episode from PBS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xORGUTIWVmU

This picture and caption just cracked me up!
Hellgate Ospreys - Diana Lambertson       The view is great from up here!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 06:57:29 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown