Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 488974 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10545 on: October 26, 2023, 04:48:39 PM »

Baz - the bomb - 180's for the ears.   ;D

https://180s.com/collections/women-womens-ear-warmers

BL, I bookmarked those ear warmers so I can come back and take a closer look - have to avoid the wool, or other styles with animal hair of any type, but I'm sure there are some that don't have any of that. I think I looked at similar style last year - shied away since I couldn't try them first. Will give them another look-see. Thanks!  :)

Lisa, oh no! Bradley! What a scare! I hate that for him. For all of them! Dicey location for the fractures. I hope he will aggressively pursue all avenues for repair, healing, and rehab that will lead to regaining full mobility of those joints and fingers.

E4E, thanks!  My route today was different for much of my walk, but I usually finish with the same last loop that takes me by my mail box on the way back to my abode. :)

Lani, thanks! I walked 46 minutes today Yay!  :D  Oh, that's great that Mike will be home for at least a week! Thanks for the news about the returning Albies, and YRK. I'm hoping for GRK to  make it back, too. Such a bond.  :-*

Clynn, thanks for bringing over Sue B's pics and report on Mom D and DM2 at N4!  :-* :-*

Tsk, 9 hours of sleep would be like Heaven to me. But I get where you're coming from, and it messed up your morning hours.

Karen, yep, I've been glad to have a shopping cart to hang on to at times when I've shopped with a bum knee, ankle, or hip. I think it's mostly flat where you live, but just don't let one get away from you on a down slope - no brakes! Yikes!  :o  I hope you get your CPAP right!

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

My oven's timer is buzz-buzzing... Gotta run!

Good evening, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 04:51:24 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10546 on: October 26, 2023, 05:50:40 PM »

KB     Mine is red plaid  LOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10547 on: October 26, 2023, 06:13:04 PM »

KB     Mine is red plaid  LOL

Cool!...Mine's all black, and Chris' is brown leather and brown fur.

karengramke

« Reply #10548 on: October 26, 2023, 09:15:58 PM »

Lovely family photos!  You take good pictures but there mist be one of you in there someplace!  Lol!
 Handsome pup as well!  You were missed in the beak and at 🏠 🏠 ! welcome back Clynn!

Lovely falls scenery and good updates on the

albies.  I don’t understand why a single bird has to leave!  Law of the land I guess.

Lisa, sorry about Bradleys break! Will make it hard to take care of the baby! Inam sure Stewie and Ziva did not mean to trip him up.  Good news from your big squeeze!

Baz, can you find an indoor track, Mall, big store, etc for winter walking?

Cpap machine lis fine, I think.  There are serious air leaks where the tubing from the machine connects to the mask, on top of my head and under my nose on the face mask itself. It
  I  have tightened it allI care to!  Yes Tsk, I get the funny noise as I am trying to go to sleep! 

Piper and I are going to bed!  Seds

My garage is only home to excesses of My Stuff!   Valuable items like multiple wreaths, outdoor flags, a few small .christmas trees and tons of ornaments!   Lol!  Have one of each of tge tools you mentioned and ditched the one

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10549 on: October 26, 2023, 09:29:33 PM »

Clynn - Thanks so much for posting the wonderful pic of Mom Decorah & DM2!!

Tsk - Good for you - you must have needed the sleep! :)

LisaG - That is great to get the results so quickly!  Oh no, poor Bradley - hope he is not in too much discomfort and that he heals quickly.

Lani - Like the Peanuts vids  ;D  Thanks so much for Royal Albatross updates! ;D

Phyl - Those Halloween Monster Burgers!! ;D

Baz & BL - Nice looking ear warmers for women - great suggestion BL!

Kb - My hubby suggested the same as Lani; to turn off the electricity on your stove hood and then use needle nose pliers to take out the blown light bulb.  He also suggests that once you get the broken part out, replace the bulb with a lower watt.

Tig - Still thinking of all of you and sending hugs.

Beakers have a good night & SEDs.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10550 on: October 26, 2023, 10:03:35 PM »

Karen, yep, I have all those options you mentioned for winter walking. And even though I want to walk for the purpose of being more active, and sitting less, one of my more motivating factors for my walks is getting out to see and be among all the nature around me. Depending on which way I go, my various routes take me by ponds (one of them has a massive gator calling it home now!), thickly wooded areas, shrub and scrub, riverine and inland waterways, and an large expanse of marsh with tall grasses. It's all I can do to keep walking sometimes, when I could easily stop for a long time to explore some of the plants I see, or plop down and watch, watch, and wait-and-watch, at some of those spots, just to see what comes, what goes, or what dawdles and moves about. There's just so much different kinds of wonderful stuff to see and enjoy all around me - out of doors!  I will most likely make a foray to get stuff for wintertime eye and ear protection. But it's good to know I have indoor walking spots for backup if I choose to use them. But, ugh, I really don't like being in a lot of those spaces, and, these days, I definitely would wear a mask in that event (which would be yucky and sweaty in a walking exercise)... another reason I enjoy walking outside, where I don't need to wear a mask! Speaking of, I hope the trip to the CPAP place to get it fixed won't be too bad. I remember you saying how much you don't want to go there. I wish you had someone who could take care of that for you! Send Piper! with your mask and a note!  ;) :D  Wish you could! (((HUGS)))

Phyl, I forgot to say earlier, those are great Monster Burgers!
;D

Take care, All. Sleep well.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10551 on: October 27, 2023, 12:28:49 AM »

KB   :( your  cooking hood light

Karen sure wish you could get your CPap repaired. Shopping carts come in 'handy'.  ;)

Tig keeping you and your family  {{Rosie}} in thoughts /prayers  :-*

Bazi cute puppy

E4E nice nighttime Halloween window

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10552 on: October 27, 2023, 12:29:52 AM »

Phyl, cute monster burger.

BL, I bookmarked the ear muff's link.

{{{SED Baz and Zippo}}} you have lovely places for your walks. Walking in the morning gives me a chance to let my mind go for a bit. I always feel refreshed when I return home.  :)

{{{SED Karen and Piper}}} I hope you can get your mask to work correctly.

{{{SED Eagles, Tsk}}}

Lisa, I hope Bradley was able to get some rest today.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #10553 on: October 27, 2023, 05:27:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Bradley working and watching Sydney.  Kelly went back to work on Monday, and she is off on Wednesday's.  Bradley will start his paternity leave on this coming Tuesday (4 weeks), and then he also has 4 weeks of paid time off that he needs to use by the end of the year.  So, he will be off for the next two months to heal up and watch Sydney.

E4E - I was surprised too at how quick I got the results back.   

baz - Bradley got an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor on Nov. 1.

kb - Jeff has one of those hats, same color as your pic.

tsk - Yes, could have been worse for Bradley. 

Phyl - Those monster burgers and Oreo bats are cool and fun looking.  Thanks for the prayers for Bradley.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.

Puff

« Reply #10554 on: October 27, 2023, 06:16:26 AM »

I've been following the timeline sagas of getting mamo results.  I didn't think there was still the same lag out there.  Mine last month, appointment at 4:25, received call 7:30 the next morning.  Double-checked online result and got same clear.  Think it was 2 or 3 days after when PCP's nurse did get back to me also. Technology is doing us a big favor.  Just remember to do it - more than worth the two 10-seconds of squash.   :P

P   

Phyl

« Reply #10555 on: October 27, 2023, 06:20:38 AM »

Today is....

National Black Cat Day
A perfect companion for those who appreciate a little bit of edge in their lives, these feline friends are sleek and stylish, with a touch of mystery.

Because of superstitious beliefs in some cultures, black cats are sometimes associated with bad luck and, sadly, are more likely to be put to sleep or wait a long time to be adopted from shelters. National Black Cat Day was launched to show people that a black cat could be the perfect cat for them, and help raise awareness about black cats in general.

If you’ve been looking for a rescue cat yourself, why not consider a black cat? Not only are the superstitions about them bringing bad luck completely untrue, but you might find a black cat to be a fantastic feline companion for you! On National Black Cat Day, a fun way to celebrate, if you own a black cat, is to take photos with your pet to share and spread awareness about the day on social media. Children can join in by drawing pictures of black cats.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/facts-about-black-cats-554102

https://cats.com/black-cats-facts
https://www.fourpaws.com/pets-101/cat-corner/black-cat-myths-and-facts

10 Interesting Black Cat Facts: Myths Explained
https://www.hepper.com/black-cat-facts/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10556 on: October 27, 2023, 06:22:10 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Friday !   

Samantha 1983 to 2002
My furry good luck charm.

Currently 68F  fog;   High  85F sunny,  Low 61 F  clear skies.

Lisa :)

Puff   :)

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10558 on: October 27, 2023, 06:35:38 AM »

Ten Kid-Friendly Healthy Halloween Treats

Halloween doesn't have to come with tons sugar and extra pounds.
 These 10 Kid-Friendly Healthy Halloween Treats will keep the fun without the calories

https://babygizmo.com/10-kid-friendly-healthy-halloween-treats/

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10559 on: October 27, 2023, 07:07:46 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

BAZI   Can see why you like to walk - but  like you I would be so distracted by nature I'd have to remind myself stop and look and not walk and look  LOLOL     " Out of service"  :)

LISA  Boy the timing on this fall couldn't have been more perfect if it had to happen at all..  So glad he will have time to heal up.  Bet changing a diaper on a squiggler is not easy... ;) ;)

PHYL   Love that first gentle snow  365   Cute idea  - orange to look like a pumpkin for kids
Chicagoland