Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489527 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6555 on: June 29, 2023, 09:15:08 PM »

Great trip Weasel!   Good travel itinerary! 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6556 on: June 29, 2023, 11:10:17 PM »

Lani - send you a pm.   I totally agree that Horst/ED was a kind and gentle man.  He helped me several times with Avatars and other stuff - he even gave me his personal email address!  He always was willing to assist anyone who needed help.

LisaG - You mentioned to Tsk that might have BLTs & corn on the cob tonight, we had hotdogs that I grilled in a skillet and corn on the cob!   Oh no, not another one gone by an owl  :o ::)
Actually, our area right here did not reach a temp of 71 today, our high was 62!
Fantastic news that Jaycie is alive!! ;D ;D

Puff - Okay Puff!  You acknowledged; no overdoing!! ;D

Karen - Sometimes it may take a while to teach a dog to be house trained, so just keep the carpet/rug cleaning sprays handy.  Most are so fast & easy to use!  I know you've had pups before, so I don't need to give you any advice in training. ;) :)

Baz - Love that you posted more pics of Karen's Piper! So cute  ;D

Tsk - I feel as you do about those so-called movers of Aly's furniture & stuff.  That is why I have just sent Lani a pm.    Yaaay, glad for the rain you got!

Puff - You make a good point in making decisions as to where to choose to live - especially as one gets older (a senior)!

Kb - Definitely health care accessability is good to live close to and that you have a hospital nearby is a good thing too!

Phyl - Thank you for status of Jaycie! :) ;D :-*

Tig - So good that Camper went out to bring in supper! ;D

Weasel - Great to see you in the Beak!  Your vacation sounds so wonderful - glad you had such a great trip!! ;D

Beakers have a good night and sleep well  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6557 on: June 30, 2023, 01:04:24 AM »

Have a good evening, Beakers. Take care. Peace. SED.

:-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6558 on: June 30, 2023, 01:15:53 AM »

Phyl, I have an 60+ year old Premium Saltine Cracker metal container that contains Premium unsalted top crackers.   ;D .... When I was a little keiki I wore the red stained medicine as a badge of honor... thanks for nest updates, RRP blog and Sauces pic from MpMom.

Clynn, I like Talon's t-shirt, munchkins look well and happy.... nice pic and update of the Black Eagle family.... cute pic of the Green Heron fledgling! We've watched a few Heron cams, especially at feeding time. ;D

Kb, beautiful pic of Lake Harriet.

Oldguy, like your morning pic!  ;D

Karen, Piper is adorable, she has sweet eyes... glad to hear that Mickey's okay, sorry for her neighbor's damage. I hope no one was hurt.

{{{Puff}}} yes, location for medical needs is important. Payson's senior community move down to the valley near medical facilities and residential communities when necessary. We plan on moving possibly back to Kansas in a couple years or so, but I will not move back to the desert..... I hope you had a restful day.   :-*

Baz, I hope you had a lovely day  ;D

Lisa, GREAT NEWS ABOUT JAYCIE!!! I pray they stay away from the nest box and hid in the bluffs.  :-*

Weasel, love reading about your travels, thank you for sharing  ;D

{{{Eagles and Kb}}} thank you, I got your pms too  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6559 on: June 30, 2023, 06:19:00 AM »

Currently  73F  mostly sunny.   High 97F sunny, Low 73F  clear.

{{{Lani}}}

Weasel  thank you for sharing  about your travels. Do enjoy them.

E4E nice Good Night esp. along the beach

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6560 on: June 30, 2023, 06:20:46 AM »

From yesterday Two Harbors nest cam:

Anthony in the scrub cacti

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6561 on: June 30, 2023, 06:21:32 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

June 29, 2023: NestFlix!

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/29/june-29-2023-nestflix/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6562 on: June 30, 2023, 06:36:02 AM »

Caught a pretty one   today...

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Camera Time: Jun 30, 2023 6:32 AM CDT

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6563 on: June 30, 2023, 06:53:47 AM »

Happy Friday all....out the door with Ollie man soon....

Nice to see you Weasel

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6564 on: June 30, 2023, 07:17:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I think it was the Cornell Blue Heron cam we were watching years ago, five youngsters in the nest with that crazy hair! I want you to know that if you move to Kansas City in the future  we will definitely be having a Girl's Weekend! You will only be 250 miles south of me!

Phyl, I had to look up Avocet, have never heard of that one!  Wonder if this is the first time they have been seen on the Flyway? Anthony looking at the shrubbery instead of the ocean! It's raining here right now, a totally unexpected blessing! I Love Lucy, a staple of our childhood! I agree, a very pretty sunrise on the Flyway!

E4E, your cooking hot dogs inside made me think that I need to get my indoor grill tried out this weekend! Your weather sounds so nice, are you on the coast?

Puff, hope you are feeling better every day... We are in place here, 2 hospitals and all kinds of medical offices within a mile. There was one medical center when we moved here in 1996, now it's a medical community with 2 west branches of the downtown hospitals. I do worry about my Mom, she is 15 miles from the nearest hospital, and it's a smaller rural hospital. She got some kind of airlift insurance when Dad was getting worse and still has it, to take her to the nearest bigger hospital in Evansville IN (58 miles away).

baz, love the 'grateful heart' saying. Always a good thing to remember, be thankful. Especially for what didn't happen...

karen, how are you and Piper doing? She is a sweetie and will be good company for you!  Glad to hear Mickey and Kathryn escaped the worst! Here is an article I found in the news:  https://www.sj-r.com/story/weather/severe/2023/06/29/straight-line-winds-cause-damage-in-springfield-il/70369881007/   Ed's niece in Springfield had trees down but the chickens and the bees are okay.

weasel, your vacation sounds absolutely wonderful! It sounds like the trip my sisters and I want to take in the fall! We love touring mansions and looking at beautiful scenery, your trip sounds perfect! Thanks for sharing with us!

Decorah Eagles - Kristy Walker - Teaching baby how to sleep on a branch.

DECORAH EAGLE Chatters est. in 2011 - Laura Rose - Decorah Nest 1 - They both have their foot off the branch - That is adorable.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 09:08:06 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #6565 on: June 30, 2023, 07:44:02 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I hope all Beakers who were in the path of bad weather yesterday are safe. 

tig - Hope your knees are feeling better this morning.

weasel - Sounds like a wonderful trip.  Thanks for sharing!

E4E - Love hotdogs in the skillet.  Your meal might be one for another day.  :D

Lani - Did your help show up yesterday?

Phyl - Thanks for the cam pics, and RRP blogs.

kb - Have a good walk with Ollie, pretty bird!

clynn - Pretty morning greeting!  Thank goodness Ed's nieces chicken and bees are OK.  Love the Decorah pic. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6566 on: June 30, 2023, 08:02:31 AM »

HI EVERYONE

74  heading to 91  AQI  74   Very humid and partly sunny

TIG  No way to pick those berries in early AM or late PM?  So hot for you .  Would love those fresh berries tho. ;) ;)

PUFF  When I got 1" of rain yesterday other parts of my town got 1.68" said the weather report at 5:00  Good to see you also got some rain.

PHYL  WOW 3" of rain -  :o   Are you sure it isn't a computer virus???  DH2 -  the latest fledge so far!

WEASEL  What a great trip!!!   Did you plan it yourself ahead of time or do things on the fly?  I had always hoped to get to Acadia with my travel friend but life happens....Thanks for sharing.  :)

CLYNN  Another good saying " birds of sadness..."  the article link was a bird  LOL  Saw some of that damage on the news last night.  Some winds at 70 MPH  Ed's niece made it through.

LANI   7 hours and 47 min for me to Kansas City  LOL  Doable!!
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6567 on: June 30, 2023, 09:15:29 AM »

Our area is warming up;  Overcast - high of 77

Lani - Take care and hang in there!

Phyl - Love your morning gif.   I wish you were able to know if 'Dina' from Sauces a couple of years back is okay - you can only hope that she is well & flying high.  :-* :)

Tig - Hope that Camper brought in a good dinner yesterday. ;)

Kb - Beautiful bird this morning!    Enjoy your walk with Ollie Man  8)

Clynn - Wow - scary pics!  Glad Ed's niece is ok and that their Chickens & Bees were alright!   Love the Decorah pics, present and past - so cute!!  In answer to your question, we live on the central coast of Ca.  I will send you a pm  :)

LisaG - How are things going over there?

Happy Friday everyone!

weasel65

« Reply #6568 on: June 30, 2023, 10:24:18 AM »

TSK - yes we planned it ourselves.  Last fall I read an article about about the schooner Ladona, which sales out of Rockport.  I looked it up and found that they also have the Stephen Taber.  We picked our dates and they decided what else we would like to see and do in New England.  Our sail was over Memorial weekend and in the middle of our two week trip.  I forgot to mention my new found favorite - Maine blueberries.  The jam, the pie and other treats are soooo yummy.

Lani

« Reply #6569 on: June 30, 2023, 10:26:33 AM »

6/30 Good Morning, #CHOWS!
Happy Friday! Keep looking forward and reach for your full potential.
#BeAnIris  :-*
#HellgateOsprey

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!