Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489009 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4140 on: April 24, 2023, 11:39:06 AM »

CLYNN   " meowtain"   ::) ::)  I saw that pic Lisa posted on FB but I missed Bandit!!!   Love the family portrait  ;D

KB  That worm is something else - big eyes as well if in fact those are eyes  LOL

OLDGUY  Congrats on the card games  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4141 on: April 24, 2023, 11:46:01 AM »

Dunrovin Ranch Osprey cam - 4/22/2023 - Harriet and Swoop's first egg :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

{{{Tsk and Tim}}}

Tig, I hope you're feeling better today  :)

{{{Karen}}}

Oldguy, good cards and I bet the dinner was delicious! Thanks for videos.

Kb, I've never seen that type of sea worm  :-\  ... looks like an over ripe potato! Have a good day working outside. Glad Andrew is able to help.

Clynn, You say that now, let us know when you start playing online soccer!  ;D ...  Misty's babies are adorable. If I was closer when they are able to leave mom, I would take one too.... sweet pic of Decorah mom and baby... funny squirrel pic, our cats and pups would go nuts if a squirrel did that on our window.  :o

Phyl, pretty sunrise, sweet pic from Two Harbors .... watching Mother Goose cam on family room tv

Lisa, awww Misty looks well, sitting up bright and alert.  :-*. Sounds like night was a regular nursery ward. Hopefully, you'll get a cat nap in today, and Jeff can do the duties.  ;D  .. I love the photo of Bandit glaring at Misty. Looks like he's saying "What have you Done!!!" What an awakening Bandit has had! A bachelor's life no more!!! LOL!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

T40cfr403

« Reply #4142 on: April 24, 2023, 12:40:36 PM »

Where is the send button on this thing?
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Puff

« Reply #4143 on: April 24, 2023, 12:51:16 PM »

Is Jeff still working?  Especially with the extra mouth I think he should be entitled to maternity leave.

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4144 on: April 24, 2023, 01:00:31 PM »

Hi Beakers…..

We have 6 kittens!!! 

One solid black, two grey tabby, and 3 that look like Misty 😍

Misty had a hard time delivering kitten #5, as it was the biggest one at 3.70 oz.  It was the solid black one.

Not the greatest pic with the color of the blanket but here is one.

Lisa, awww, way to go Misty!!!  :-* :-*  Great picture of her with her 6 little newborn kittens!! She looks worn out! For good reason. LOLOL. I bet you and Jeff are, too! What does Bandit think about this situation?  :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #4145 on: April 24, 2023, 01:04:35 PM »

Clynn
The gaming computers are also very good for those that do video/photo work.  I have used gaming computers for at least 5 systems - I do some games, but not the games that require the speed/memory that a gaming computer has, but it does help on networks and browsers.  I keep 2 screens of Chrome open with about 20 tabs each - with one tab an online game that is always running.  My cell phone is linked to the computer - I can read and respond to text messages with the computer and also use most of the apps from the computer.  I never have any delays or slow downs.

The biggest changes on Windows 11 are;
startup/shutdown - hibernation is turned off by default, but can be activated.  Took me some time to get use to where to go on the screen to shut off the computer.
Security - much higher level of security - makes it less vulnerable to hacking/virus
Windows Settings tabs - lots of changes on where items are and how to use some of them.

For the most part you will not see any differences on running browsers or other programs.

Enjoy
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

« Reply #4146 on: April 24, 2023, 01:05:20 PM »

Update!!!!!!

We have a tiny 7th one, another solid black one and trying to get it to nurse.

Lisa, awww, so sweet! A 7th surprise kitty!  (((Misty))):-* :-* :-*  I'm not surprised. That's exactly what happened when my adopted preggers cat had her kittens! We thought she was through after delivering 3 kittens, and then over an hour later, she had a 4th kitten, after we thought she was all done!  I'm posting as I read, so I still have more to read to get caught up on posts. I hope all are doing well at your house! Hugs, and congrats! to All there!!! :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #4147 on: April 24, 2023, 01:09:24 PM »

T40--"send button"   :) ;D
Think this post gets me there!!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdkJcP3jNU

::)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

LisaG1967

« Reply #4148 on: April 24, 2023, 01:14:11 PM »

I had a hair appointment this morning, so Jeff was on kitten duty!

tsk - Bandit is very curious, and wants to see kittens.  We let him in for a short while to see them.

clynn - Thanks for posting my pic!  LOL, on the pic from Berlin, MD!  Jeff had one do that while he was in the bathroom one Spring day.  ;D

kb - Thank you, and thanks for being my messenger!

oldguy - Yay on your card win!  Spaghetti meal for the card players sound good!

karen - Thanks  :)

Lani - LOL, yes it felt like a nursery ward last night.  I hope I can get a lil more sleep tonight.
Congrats to Harriet and Swoop on first egg!

Puff - LOL, still working...35 years and still going!

baz - All are doing good!  Jeff just weighed each and the biggest is 3.99oz and smallest which was the first born is 3.35oz.  All the others range in weight in between there.

baziunc

« Reply #4149 on: April 24, 2023, 01:15:19 PM »

7 !?!!!
Camper says: Call that vet and say... How many fingers am I holding up,?!?  LOL..
Hang in there...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! WERD!!!!!!!!!!

Puff

« Reply #4150 on: April 24, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »

T40--"send button"   :) ;D
Think this post gets me there!!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGdkJcP3jNU

::)

Eburg I was looking for you in the band. ;)   Do you know anyone in the Corp?    :P

P

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #4151 on: April 24, 2023, 01:52:47 PM »

Puff--I auditioned for the band in boot camp (I was 2nd chair all NW Iowa band member on snare drum in high school and a music major at Iowa State when I got drafted) and was told by the MCRD band commander that he'd request my assignment.  But when we were assigned our MOS (marine occupation specialty) I got electronics and the band assignment went to my squad leader, who auditioned for the flute.
A few months later I saw him marching with the band at MCRD, playing the bass drum!!
It seems his Dad was an Army officer and had pulled strings to get him the billet.
That's when I learned the explanation of that old saw...."It's not who you know, but who you...."
Probably tmi for my 501st.  ??? ::)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

baziunc

« Reply #4152 on: April 24, 2023, 02:10:18 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

Woot! I got my additional bivalent covid booster this morning! Yay! (They were just approved by the CDC last Wednesday for people 65+ who had their last covid shot at least 4 months ago - and for some immunocompromised people who had their last covid shot at least 2 months ago, I think). I got my last covid shot - the first bivalent covid booster - over 7 months ago, the first week of September, when they had just been approved and recommended by the CDC. I've been wanting to get this additional booster ASAP since I am going on a trip in the near future to visit a friend and her family, and I wanted to have some more recent immunity to covid before I go. Today was the first day I could find anyone giving it since the new guidance went out for it.  My county health department started giving it this morning, and I got there "posthaste!" with my sleeve rolled up and ready! LOL!  It's still free, with no out-of-pocket, whether you have any insurance or not. But that will be changing in the not-too-distant future.

:-* :-*  Hugs and Congrats all around for a job well done, Misty, Lisa, Jeff, and Bandit...

I'm heading out for a walk now, so... Have a great day! and Later, Gators!  :)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 02:12:00 PM by baziunc »

T40cfr403

« Reply #4153 on: April 24, 2023, 02:26:43 PM »

Puff--I auditioned for the band in boot camp (I was 2nd chair all NW Iowa band member on snare drum in high school and a music major at Iowa State when I got drafted) and was told by the MCRD band commander that he'd request my assignment.  But when we were assigned our MOS (marine occupation specialty) I got electronics and the band assignment went to my squad leader, who auditioned for the flute.
A few months later I saw him marching with the band at MCRD, playing the bass drum!!
It seems his Dad was an Army officer and had pulled strings to get him the billet.
That's when I learned the explanation of that old saw...."It's not who you know, but who you...."
Probably tmi for my 501st.  ??? ::)

eburg - There's a reason that's an old saw! 8)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4154 on: April 24, 2023, 03:26:41 PM »

LANI   Good news from Dunrovin!

T40   ;) ;)

LISA  Their weights are really good for that many kitties

EBURGH  That poses the question - did you do something in the music field for a career? or were you a career marine?

BAZI  Smart idea esp if you will be traveling.
Chicagoland