Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489923 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10695 on: October 31, 2023, 10:13:56 AM »

BOOunce

Lunch, movie. I'm making Weiner Mummies for supper and then an orange jack o lantern with fruit and an apple mummy.
We don't get but a few local kids so we gave up a few years ago. We did trunk or treat at church a few times but they stopped doing it.

Have a fun day.
We will need to shovel our walk! ** * * *** * *  *****   * * *  *   **** ** * ***   * *
                                                 * ***  * * **** ** * * *** *  ***** * * **
                                                     *  ** **** * * *** * ** ** ***** * * *  *

I just want to cry!..Early in the dark, Mr. Ollie man wanted to go outside and my front step (westerly winds) completely iced over...of course then he decided to catch his lead on my yew...you shoulda seen me try and step out and get him unhooked.
My road in front of my house is still completely iced over...I've already shoveled my driveway and paths on the decks for Ollie...with yaktrax on this time.
Looks to me like over 2 inches with the gosh darn ice under it or mixed in . they only predicted up to an inch. Wind was/is too strong to say for sure but my deck rails had over 2 inches.

You tig?....how much that is.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10696 on: October 31, 2023, 10:20:51 AM »

CLYNN  Thanks so much for posting Willli's Ivy's Halloween costume  ;)   Bella is hysterical - LOLOL  Love her face.   Talon is perfect!!  Hope he can see well enough .    Black bat kitties  LOL

TIG  About 8:30 we had some wonderful lake effect snow but never stuck and sun is in and out now.

KB   Seems like you get ice a lot with your winters.  Would something like this work on your steps?

https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon-Snow-Repellant-10-Ounce/dp/B0031T82NO/ref=asc_df_B0031T82NO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312293545584&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9035045994917996187&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021437&hvtargid=pla-569060044939&psc=1
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 10:24:36 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10697 on: October 31, 2023, 10:40:58 AM »

CLYNN  Thanks so much for posting Willli's Ivy's Halloween costume  ;)   Bella is hysterical - LOLOL  Love her face.   Talon is perfect!!  Hope he can see well enough .    Black bat kitties  LOL

TIG  About 8:30 we had some wonderful lake effect snow but never stuck and sun is in and out now.

KB   Seems like you get ice a lot with your winters.  Would something like this work on your steps?

https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon-Snow-Repellant-10-Ounce/dp/B0031T82NO/ref=asc_df_B0031T82NO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312293545584&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9035045994917996187&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021437&hvtargid=pla-569060044939&psc=1

I buy Safe Paws ice melt instead. I just ordered it on Amazon...had it in the back of my mind to buy some but it's very early in the season for this so I'm sure a lot of people got caught off guard. It's over 30 bucks for a container and I end up buying 2-3 per season and I ran out of it last year.

I even throw it inside my season porch with indoor/outdoor carpet in it when ice lands on it.

The product you listed might be good for snow shovels etc...I think mine is better for driveways..I can't use it on my cedar decks though..I have expensive composite deck boards in front that is covered by a roof and usually therefore safe....last night's winds were ferocious and came from the west which my house faces.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 10:43:26 AM by kbshcb »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10698 on: October 31, 2023, 11:06:49 AM »

Enjoy these soft and chewy peanut butter and chocolate spider cookies!!

Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:11:13 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10699 on: October 31, 2023, 11:15:54 AM »

some bounce
Officially 2.6 ? at the airport. We got that extra bit over here on the east this morning. Just glad it will melt!
I'll put my winter boots on.. but no socks.  :o
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10700 on: October 31, 2023, 11:38:44 AM »

Remembering  and missing Willie today.

Tsk very festive charm bracelet this AM; chilly temps on the cusp of the second 'Brrr' month

CLynn Talon and Bella made good choices for their costumes, Bella looks the perfect 'Wednesday'; I remember Ivy in her Chinese costume, so cute. Thanks.
Baby bats-too cute.

E4E have fun passing out the 'goodies'; HOA here put the 'kabash' so-to-speak  on trick/treating ---that's no fun-.  Seeing the kids was the best part.

Oldguy luved Tuxedo Cat Andrew's story, POV Cat's scariest moments  ;D---loved  Walter Santi's new cat

Tig  "BOOunce'  ;D

Lisa  :)   I've check ,  from  before the begining of the month , Walmart, Kroger and Publix for Autumn Mix and Ghoul's Mix  and then online--- :(

Lori 'Spider cookies' w/ Reese's'.  Nice Halloween greetings  ;)

KB/Tig  y'all have some wintry weather today-Yikes! Hidden ice and all  :o

It's homemade chili for dinner tonight, tortilla chips, iceberg lettuce salad garnished with chopped tomatoes and avocado ranch dressing, leftover cake.
Getting very 'Brrr-ish' here so time for hot cocoa---with Redi Whipp topping.  ;D

This is my October preview pane in Win Mail
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:40:38 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10701 on: October 31, 2023, 11:46:34 AM »

LORI   You really have the Halloween spirit today  ;D   Wish I had some of those spider cookies  ;) ;)

PHYL   Definitely a hot chocolate day when I return from Bible study this afternoon and before the kids start coming.  ;)
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10702 on: October 31, 2023, 11:59:16 AM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Lori, awww, cute black kitty and paws. Yum on the scary spider cookies!

Clynn, cute black bats, er, I mean cats. i LOVE the Munchkins' costumes! They look great!!  Fingers crossed for a fun and easy introduction of the new kittens coming soon to your household.  Aww, Ivy and willi. ((Jerry))

Oldguy, LOLOL on the cards! Way to go! Let them eat cake.  ;D ;)

TSK, glad it didn't stick, so you don't need to do shoveling or scraping.

Lisa, this morning I set my heat to come on if it gets cold enough to kick in - but it's 76 in my house now. We went to a high of 85 yesterday, officially, and it's supposed to get to 67 today, but it's a cold and very brisk north wind in the 20s, so it feels a bit colder out, and it will be very windy for the next couple of days. High tomorrow 53, with a low of 34 predicted for tomorrow night, and our first freeze is possible then. So I'm guessing my heat will kick in for the first time this season sometime after tomorrow morning. It's going to warm back up by Friday, with 75 on Saturday Sunday, and 76 is forecast for Monday. I'm glad heat won't run much here this week - which helps with the electric bill.  :D

Phyl, I'm sorry about your 1st husband's death at such a young age. My 1st husband died a few days after his 33rd birthday. That prayer you posted is attributed to William Penn, a Quaker leader, as you know, who sailed to America on the Welcome in the early 1680s, and established what later became the state of Pennsylvania. My father's family - also Quakers - sailed with Penn from England at that time, and also originally settled in Pennsylvania before some of them moved south to help establish a Quaker settlement in NC.  I grew up and married in the Quaker church. So that prayer being read at my Quaker cousin's service of remembrance this past summer held extra poignancy for me.  Chili, later, and hot chocolate sound good. Enjoy the Redi-Whip!!  Oh, go ahead... an extra squirt won't hurt.  ;) :D

I'm heading out for a walk now, before I talk myself out of it.
  ;) ;D

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10703 on: October 31, 2023, 12:06:36 PM »

Happy Halloween Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Remembering Willi and Ivy  :-*

Lori, Love your Halloween pics... sweet kitty and love the spider cookies! Mike and I would love one right now! LOL! You and Destini have a safe and fun night!   👻

Tsk, it was a cold brisk walk this morning. It was 30 but felt like 25... brrrr... the pets are huddled in my office again. 👻

Phyl, I bought the mix at Target in Fountain Hills. I'm sure they're gone by now.... Thanks for History of Jack o'lanterns... A new bird I've never heard of the Rock Ptarmigan, very pretty. Thanks for nature vid. Perfect Halloween menu!  👻

Kb, Do you have a fun Halloween menu planned? Do you get a lot of children? I hope your ice will melt in time for the children to be out and about. 👻

Tig, Enjoy the movie and great fun Halloween menu!  👻

Hi Lisa, you, Jeff and your fur babies keep warm.  👻

{{{Hugs Clynn}}} it was a shock to our world when Willi passed  :'( .... awww sweet Ivy  :-* ..... Love your morning pics... and the kids costumes are PERFECT!!! LOL! Bella makes a great Wednesday!  8) ... awww Kelsey  :-*. .... Momo  :-* ... love the black bat kitties  👻

Eagles, we're staying home tonight and watch the game.... Our little community doesn't allow children to go door to door. Houses are set apart, no street lights, it's dangerous at night. The community hall is decorated and the children will go there to get a warm cup of cocoa, Halloween treats, games, etc...  👻

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #10704 on: October 31, 2023, 12:57:49 PM »

Lani - I'm not sure what you mean by Halloween menu?...my dinner?....oh it's just eggs and ham on an English muffin tonight.....Pay day is tomorrow after a very long month ;)...31 days.

for the very first time in my 24 1/2 years I will NOT be open for candy tonight. Going to shut off my outdoor lights and close the blinds and then PRAY!

I am the only house in a block of 10 houses that has given out candy for most of the 24 years. Because of the lack of kiddos, having to keep Ollie man safe, I am just going to do what other's have done for decades.
It's sad actually. I have such fond memories of Halloween as a kid in a neighborhood not all that far away.

Guessing between the 2 apartments across the street, the newer Trunk or Treat festivities, and the Malls events etc. it has slowed things down for neighborhood takings.

There are however several streets in my city that advertise on Nextdoor and FB etc. and they have many that flock to those streets because.....

The weather tonight won't help, for sure.

My decks in back are still pure ice. My front steps are okay as I "worked them". The sun is out and it's above freezing but I don't expect the ice/snow to melt in back for me for several more days.

I left the house around noon, above freezing, for a quick errand a block away, but was still surprised how scary it was...the parking lot, in the shade was pure ice, areas in my street with shade, pure thick ice, and people reporting their first falls of the season!..
Not cool!

Do you get trick or treaters? I just read your last sentence...apparently not! :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 01:00:07 PM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10705 on: October 31, 2023, 01:55:27 PM »

Bounce
Warm tummy from chorizo and eggs, etc. The sunshine is nice, but agree with KB... The sidewalk for the restaurant is in the shade and the strip mall owners did not have a crew come to shovel nor salt. Bad. Thank goodness I have a warm, strong arm to depend on, on my non cane side.
Movie time... Freelance. One of those times I see a movie because Camper wants to. At least it is not a scary one. I won't go to those.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

T40cfr403

« Reply #10706 on: October 31, 2023, 02:08:55 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #10707 on: October 31, 2023, 02:16:44 PM »

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:19:51 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #10708 on: October 31, 2023, 02:17:25 PM »

lol weiner mummies...  ;D

They are so cute!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:22:22 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10709 on: October 31, 2023, 03:28:46 PM »

Lori, oh those weiner mummies! Another version:

Yes, we miss you willi!

This is what Halloween looked like in the 50's!

T40, that kitty with the wig cracks me up!

Lani, yes, the Trick or Treating has mostly gone to the big events and malls. Too many crazies out there I guess. Most of them used to be locked up, but not so much anymore...  Wow, you got down to 30 last night? Is that normal for your area?  I think it's time to make chili!

baz, I have had the heat on for a few days now, I was hoping to hold out until November but just couldn't! Very interesting about your Quaker heritage! Good for you and your walk!

tsk, did you get your hot chocolate? I am thinking about a cup of tea...

Phyl, I saw the Ghoul's Mix at Sam's but there is/was one called Cookies and SCREAM. I haven't seen that one!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown