Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489915 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5340 on: May 25, 2023, 10:25:33 PM »

Tig - Nice & fun memory of you & your Mom sleeping in the screened area on those hot nights!! ;D

Phyl - Beautiful birthday post for Ssrl!

Baz - Love your Thursday and birthday post for Ssrl today - so happy!

LisaG - I kind of thought you would have to take Misty, as she would be watching them and wondering what is going on! :)  Sounds like all went well with their first shots. :)  You & Jeff are so loving and wonderful with Misty & her kittens. :-* :)

Lani - Wow, you sure were busy out in the yard!!  Take care and don't over do all in one day! ;) :)

Karen - Hope you had a good PT day  :)

Kb - You always put a lot of effort and hard work into your home & yard - hope you get some good rest in the evening. :)

Baz - Sounds like a good dinner!

Ssrl - Glad you had a happy day!!  I would have loved a glass of that sparkling bubbly!!  Enjoy your planting tomorrow. :)

Tsk - Enjoy the play with your great niece - sounds like a wonderful afternoon!  Wish you all the very best at your appt with your surgeon (hope it is your last visit). :)

Tig - Enjoy that luscious piece of lemon cake!

Hi Puff, Clynn, Lori, Oldguy  :)

Beakers have a good evening / sleep well.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5341 on: May 26, 2023, 12:39:33 AM »

Did someone say lemon cake?!  Yum! Tig!  ;D

Karen I hope your pt went well.

Kb, I've got my soaker hoses up and going. Do you have your hoses on a timer? The water pressure isn't very strong.

Lisa, what's a twirly bird? glad all went well with kittens appointment.

Baz, yummy lunch!

ssrl, glad you had a nice birthday! Interesting label. Let us know if you liked it.

Tsk, enjoy the play. You have very talented great nieces...  and I pray all goes well with Dr visit.

Eagles, Do you have plans for this Memorial weekend?

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5342 on: May 26, 2023, 05:58:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I would love to see some pictures of your flowers! Do you have perennials along with annuals? I haven't had much luck with perennials, except for hostas. And you can't killl them easily...  ::)  Love the cat in the comfy cat bed! I got one similar to that one for Honey but she would have nothing to do with it! I let both of them out on the deck this morning, they were so cautious! A couple of times they ran back into the house!

tsk, has it been 12 weeks since your surgery? Dang, where does time go? I also hope this is your last visit! You have done well, taking it slow and easy, and now it pays off!

baz, hoping you don't get flooded again! I love nodding off listening to a soft rain, maybe I can now do that on my deck... You sure do have some gourmet meals!

Lisa, I am picturing you and Jeff getting Misty and her 7 babies in the carrier! ;D ;D  Twirly birds, are they the same as whirly birds? Those annoying things that come from maple trees in the spring? They seem to get stuck everywhere, and if the timing is right with a lot of rain after they fall, there will be thousands of tiny maple trees sprouting from the ground!

kb, some info on those 'gifts' from a maple tree:  https://www.farmersalmanac.com/maple-copters-everywhere-21588#When%20Will%20The%20%E2%80%98Copters%20Fly?

tig, lemon cake, YUM!  Chobani Flips has a Lemon Meringue Pie yogurt, it is so good!

karen, hope you get some hummers soon! I think I will put one of my feeders out this weekend since the deck is done (except for the staining I need to do...).

SF Bay Ospreys - You have to watch this youtube, a raccoon climbed the crane, Rosie alerted, Richmond flew in and they chased the raccoon back down the crane!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfuhNxg1WYA

Boulder County Fairgrounds Ospreys - the first chick has hatched!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5343 on: May 26, 2023, 06:10:15 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  57 F  and  High 81F sunny, Low 58F  clear.

Jim off early today and will do some mowing and trimming.

{{{Tig}}} I hope your arm is better... laundry day for me is today. Sending 🙏 's 

{{{Kb and Chris}}} glad you could spend sometime in  your jacuzzi,. hopefully it helped your leg. 

CLynn,  Bella is very grownup, good  pics, yesterday darling dress, cute little playhouse . The new deck looks great.
H and H will love being out there too.  Tks for the Osprey update

{{{Lisa}}} glad you're feeling better.  So glad the kittens did well. Guess it's time to eat out of a bowl and use litter box. Spending more time watching mom and Bandit wil help with that as well as a few 'trick's the vet has prescribed.  All 7 at 2 lbs.   before adopting out---makes sense

Karen I hope your pt went well. Sending 🙏 's   You just had to tell me about lunch on the screend in porch ;)  :-*  LOL
Tsk, how was your  great niecesplay ?  all goes well with Dr visit. Sending 🙏 's 

Think I'm  caught  up on everything. 
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5344 on: May 26, 2023, 06:17:50 AM »

From Ginger in DNN thread:

Re: Decorah North Eagles 2023
« Reply #416 on: 23 May 2023, 19:41:45 »

Well, I'm going to have to revise the number.  I've seen five chicks today.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5345 on: May 26, 2023, 06:22:30 AM »

I had  mentioned a huge branch---well there it is. Choyln trying to place it. Don't think Bandit is impressed.

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
May 25, 2023 8:45 PM
Camera Time: May 25, 2023 6:42 PM PDT

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5346 on: May 26, 2023, 06:23:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - Your late lunch sounded delicious. 

ssrl - Does 19 Crimes still have the app you can download, where the person on the bottle talks?

tsk - Yes, wipe and place in litter box.  A couple have caught on to using the box, some still need help.  Hope you enjoyed the play last night, and good luck at doctors.

tig - Hope you enjoyed Portillo's and dessert. 

E4E - Thank you.  :)

Lani - Thanks  :)  I see clynn posted a pic of the twirly birds. Did you get all your planting done?

clynn - Pretty morning pic.  I really wish we would have taken a pic, it was funny of all of them in the carrier.  Yep. those are the twirly birds. 

Phyl - Pretty morning pic.  I am glad I am feeling better, too.   I hope the kitties catch on to the eating part.  That seems to be the hardest part of this fostering so far.

Phyl

« Reply #5347 on: May 26, 2023, 06:27:54 AM »

Maybe not so cold this morning. As the 'cottonballs' aren"t so huddled. At any rate that sunshine will warm them right up.

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
May 26, 2023 6:23 AM
Camera Time: May 26, 2023 6:22 AM CDT
Birchwoman

« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:49:08 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5348 on: May 26, 2023, 06:35:05 AM »

Hi Lisa not sure if the food  is just place infront of them or what. But, I know sometimes,  a gentle push to get a tad bit of food on the nose will get
them to lick it off---and think, "Oh. That's tasty." then they'll eat.  It works for me with mine anyway.  Pets, from me , to the kittens and mom and uncle Bandit.
Good thing I'm not there..I'd be playing with them constantly.  ;D

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5349 on: May 26, 2023, 06:40:03 AM »

Phyl, great pic from Ginger of the baby grackles in the Decorah nest, especially fun seeing one with food in its beak! Thanks for sharing it in the Beak! Those GSB babies are growing and getting warmed by the sun! I would be happy to spend all day playing with Lisa's kittens too!

Lisa, thanks for the coffee and doughnut! I never did that with the kittens we had, Momma cat must have taken care of it...  ;D They just seemed to go to the litter box by instinct.

Sue Bruhling - Another Awesome picture of Dad Murphy and his much Loved Little One, Rocky ❤

SWFL Eagles - Gracie Shepard - Interesting Public Radio interview from southwest Florida, 5/19/23.  Ginny Pritchett is the guest and gives SWFL fans an update on the nest, E22, camera maintenance for the new season AND Ginny gave them an exclusive ...... M15, if he returns to the SWFL nest next season, will finally get a name!  If he returns with a mate, she will also be named!  Viewers will be able to participate and vote. She said they had planned to do so this season, but with everything that happened, it wasn't the right time. M15 deserves the dignity of having a real name, especially after his heroism of raising E21 and E22 to fledgling stage by himself. I'm going to start thinking of names now, lol!

https://news.wgcu.org/show/gulf-coast-life/2023-05-19/a-swfl-eagle-cam-season-to-remember-might-it-be-the-last?fbclid=IwAR0zCxHMPKkcrfuYR5ZldJFBZkyJ61KP_fMRshBvcZF6HkTQW6N479irbfs
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #5350 on: May 26, 2023, 07:04:53 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1661968200681005056

Doing yoga while asleep, LOL.

Morning all...Happy Friday...going to get hot here..

I haven't gotten inside my jacuzzi yet.....It takes a whole day and night to get it ready.
Remove all the heavy plastic inside and lighter plastic outside......Remove all the anti-freeze....filling it half way and draining it while gentle washing tub....then filling it all the way (takes hours of watching)....Cover back on and heat up for more than 8 hours...Needed Chris' help to lift heavy cover off the ground and up.

check the next day, all good.101-102 degrees and maintenance pump moving water to filter on and off.

I used a large ice pack on my leg which helped instead.
Have to mow my hill today though and that may aggravate so I will now have choice between jacuzzi or ice.

My twirly birds are only because of a 2 year severe drought....my tree looks healthy and fine but they are a pain and can fly all the way up my steep hill into my gutters/decks etc...just extra work to keep them from sprouting everywhere this year.

Lani -no I don't use a timer on my soaker hoses but sure sounds like a great idea!...it is low flow though on purpose...I leave them on for 2 hours or so..

Puff

« Reply #5351 on: May 26, 2023, 07:06:10 AM »

Phyl, great pic from Ginger of the baby grackles in the Decorah nest, especially fun seeing one with food in its beak! Thanks for sharing it in the Beak! Those GSB babies are growing and getting warmed by the sun! I would be happy to spend all day playing with Lisa's kittens too!

Lisa, thanks for the coffee and doughnut! I never did that with the kittens we had, Momma cat must have taken care of it...  ;D They just seemed to go to the litter box by instinct.

Sue Bruhling - Another Awesome picture of Dad Murphy and his much Loved Little One, Rocky ❤

SWFL Eagles - Gracie Shepard - Interesting Public Radio interview from southwest Florida, 5/19/23.  Ginny Pritchett is the guest and gives SWFL fans an update on the nest, E22, camera maintenance for the new season AND Ginny gave them an exclusive ...... M15, if he returns to the SWFL nest next season, will finally get a name!  If he returns with a mate, she will also be named!  Viewers will be able to participate and vote. She said they had planned to do so this season, but with everything that happened, it wasn't the right time. M15 deserves the dignity of having a real name, especially after his heroism of raising E21 and E22 to fledgling stage by himself. I'm going to start thinking of names now, lol!

https://news.wgcu.org/show/gulf-coast-life/2023-05-19/a-swfl-eagle-cam-season-to-remember-might-it-be-the-last?fbclid=IwAR0zCxHMPKkcrfuYR5ZldJFBZkyJ61KP_fMRshBvcZF6HkTQW6N479irbfs

Big smile for Rocky and Dad.  What a glorious story!!!!  Pleasant way to start the day.

Just waiting for 60 degrees or 8 a.m. to get a start on the outside. Did my sched/mandated days of rest.  Now it's boogie boogie time.  First on the list is the sprinkler system - had it all these years now that I really need it and they seem to be overbooked.  No rain here for weeks.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5352 on: May 26, 2023, 07:30:07 AM »

GOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE

45   Brr  heading to 67 later this afternoon  Sunny

TIG   I love Portillos chopped salad.  ;D

BAZI  You are in a spell of some very damp weather.  :o  And we haven't had a drop of rain!!!   My great niece played "Robin Hood".  a 20 minute spoof as they were all birds trying to get to birdseed that was held captive.  The second play was another 20 min one a spoof on Snow White and her "merry entrepeneurs"  LOL   Don't remember having anything like theater in my 4th grade experience.

LANI   What a cozy bed for the good night kitty - matching color as well.  ;)

CLYNN   LOL  I wondered what their first experience on the porch would be like.  Baby steps.  They have to get their smell all over it. We used to call the maple seeds "helicopters" as someone else mentioned.   How nice of those raven neighbors to help out Rosie .  Pretty persistent.

KB   Cute dreaming kitty  ;D

Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5353 on: May 26, 2023, 07:45:38 AM »

some bounce
Arm almost looked healed over last night. Thanx
Yesterday, while taking the second load from the dryer, I discovered a live wasp! When I told Camper he informed me he vacuumed a dead "bee" from the living room days ago. !!  We inspected and cleaned the dryer vent outside. I'm hoping it was a one off. Talons crossed.
I like the Maxwell Street sausage at Portillos.
Mow and sprinkle and finish packing day.  :o
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #5354 on: May 26, 2023, 08:16:43 AM »

Big customer here too of Portillo's chopped salad.  Ton knew Dick from the 1960s-70s; Ton was a local teamster truck driver  - they all hung at the "Dog House" as Chgo drivers were born to do.

Wish us luck tsk - made it up to 66 by me.  I'm gone!

P