Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 535605 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5325 on: May 25, 2023, 10:52:08 AM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Lisa, so glad you're feeling so much better!  Rum and coke was the popular mixed drink of choice during my college years.  Not a legal beverage for us then, but popular.  ;D  Wish I could be there to help you and Jeff herd the kitties to and from the AC/vet today... have fun!  Hugs, and understanding tiny meows, to them for getting their shots.  :-*

Karen, yay for Bubba!

((Lani)), take care. I'm sorry about Linda's mom. Hugs.

T40, I love Tina's "Rolling On the River." RIP Tina.

OG, thanks for the info re. Penny videos.

Clynn, what a great day for you and Bella at the park yesterday! I love those dappled sun and shadows under the trees. Bella is such a happy girl.  :-*  Your screened in deck - I'm calling it your screened porch now - looks so inviting. Great pics!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SSRL! I hope you have a fun day with many happy surprises and treats!  :D

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 10:54:18 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5326 on: May 25, 2023, 11:28:11 AM »

Happy birthday ssrl!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #5327 on: May 25, 2023, 12:10:05 PM »

Three  hungry grackle chicks

Decorah North Eagles
Camera Time: May 24, 2023 12:27 P

sweet  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #5328 on: May 25, 2023, 12:36:28 PM »

kb - So funny you call them twirly birds....we call them helicopters. Ours have already fallen from our silver maple. 

clynn - Great pics from Bella day!  Jeff said, he would love to do that.  I love that enclosed deck!  Cute lil wind chimes. 

E4E - We took Misty with us to Animal Control, as she was getting a lil freaked out when she saw us putting the kittens in the carrier. 

baz - Thank you.  The kittens did good with their first shot. 

The girls at Animal Control loved the names that we picked out for the kittens.  The adoption coordinator said, we need to get on the ball and get the to start eating food, and using the litter box.  We have one that eats good out the bowl, and one that uses the litter box, not the same kitty.  We also did find out today, that they won't take them till ALL are over 2 pounds!  So, even at 8 weeks old, if they are not ALL 2 pounds they might still be here with us. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5329 on: May 25, 2023, 12:44:01 PM »

LISA  I'd take the flyover any day!!!   All the kitties at once to the vet - I can picture it now  ;D :o    How do they learn to use the litter box?  I've always wondered that.

KB   Awww  cute baby ellie and mamas  :D  Elephants are so cool.

CLYNN  Love that 3rd serious pic of Bella  ;)   That is a beautiful deck!!!!  Love the no maintenance hosta that outline it.  The door side faces what direction?   LOL on the Fr Steffan story.  Gotta keep it all holy  LOL

EAGLES  Cute AM greeting  :)  I'm doing a load today as well  LOL

BAZI   Funny Thurs. birds  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #5330 on: May 25, 2023, 12:52:50 PM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Phyl, interesting article on spicy foods... nice pics of Two Harbors, GSB babies..... awesome news of Saturn's moon... 

{{{Eagles}}} Yesterday morning I fertilized, mulched and planted 3 tomato plants in their barrels, fertilized Bandit's strawberry box, added new flowers to the perennial boxes, fertilized and added new soil to rose and herb box. I'm going to do the soaker hoses on the front today (Kb  ;D ) and spray paint 5 flower boxes.  ;D it'll be a good day.

Lori, Kb, cute birthday posts for ssrl!

Tsk, Linda's mom is the 95 year old we went to see this past Saturday.... Linda and I shared registration duties for the convention two weeks ago. I'm in awe of Linda and how she was able to handle the care of her mom and working the convention at the same time, which was two weeks ago today.

{{{Tig}}} I hope your arm is better... laundry day, I'm doing some too. Mike remembers many summer nights spent on their sleeping porch too.

{{{Lisa}}} glad you're feeling better. Prayers for the kitties when they get their shots and checkup today. That's one thing I could never watch, I'd close my eyes and turn away when my girls and pets got their shots. UGH I hate needles. ... oops, I just read kitties all did well... and they need to eat out of a bowl and use litter box. I guess it's time for them to spend more time watching mom and Bandit.

{{{Kb and Chris}}} I love what one of the Twitters posted in reply to the Ellies video "Elephants created a wall of power around their children. Respect!" Just inspiring  :-*
glad you were able to enjoy your jacuzzi, I hope it helped your leg.  ;D

Clynn, sweet Miss Bella is very grownup, love today's pics, darling dress, cute little playhouse and yummy lunch! .... love, love, love your deck and the gorgeous plants surrounding it. The cats will love being out there too. Enjoy your rum and coke.

Hi Baz!  ;D

karengramke

« Reply #5331 on: May 25, 2023, 01:05:45 PM »

Good afternoon!   Happy Birthday SSRL!  Enjoy the day.
Phyl, my temps are about like yours.  Had lunch on the screened porch!  No
Hummers yet but they are around!
Waiting for pt! 
Lisa, your ac is stubborn about keeping the kitties with momma until they are 10_12 weeks old!  They need to read the latest literature! 
Pt coming about now! 
Good pictures clynn! 
Nice am round up .phyll!
Bbl

kbshcb

« Reply #5332 on: May 25, 2023, 01:36:10 PM »

Whew,
Walked Ollie, vacuumed inside, mowed, weed whipped, blew and watered all in the front....I have grass seed to water where they removed my boulevard tree and other areas damaged by the plow and snow..

Lani - let me know how those soaker hoses work out.

It's cool enough today to try and get as much possible done outside.

Tomorrow the heat starts and need to do all above in the back..

Lisa - I have never had twirly birds fly before!....evah...I have enough trouble with ash tree seeds and my front maple tree pods....
how many days does it take?....to be done dropping those twirly birds? I'm going to have to bag the grass tomorrow which I hate to do with natural grass seed growing out there.

LisaG1967

« Reply #5333 on: May 25, 2023, 02:51:18 PM »

tsk - I wish we had taken a pic, but I had Misty and all 7 kittens in the carrier.  The kittens were like climbing up with sides of the carrier, on top of Misty's head.....it was kinda funny!  Poor Misty.  To get them to use the litter box you have to stimulate them to eliminate.  They told me to wet a cotton ball and gently rub on that area and they should go.

Lani - One of the tabby's, I have eating out of the bowl, but the rest of them....I rub the food on their mouth and they are like.....BLAHHHHH this is yuck!

karen - Good luck with PT!

kb - Wow, we always have the twirly birds for at least a week or two.  Jeff hates them, cause they get in the gutters and clog them up. 

baziunc

« Reply #5334 on: May 25, 2023, 03:22:18 PM »

I got hungry, so I fixed a late lunch today. I flash sauteed a chunk of pretty oyster mushrooms in EVOO, and wilted fresh baby bok choy in the same pan. Then I turned that into a wide, shallow bowl and drizzled it all with the vinaigrette dressing I made today from EVOO, Balsamic vinegar, and herbs . Then I topped all that with a half dozen hot shrimp tempura, with a side of Thai chili sauce for dipping. Washed it down with a glash of chardonnay. Mmmmm... Oh yeah, I also cut a slice of cinnamon Danish pastry for dessert.  ;)  It's not Friday, you say?  Hmmm, sure tasted like it!  ;D

Now a light, off-and-on rain is making me sleepy...

Have a good evening, Beakers.  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

ssrl

« Reply #5335 on: May 25, 2023, 03:54:31 PM »

Thank you all for the very nice Birthday wishes.  It's been a fun and busy day so far and will top it off with a bottle of champagne and dinner at home with my hubby.  Then tomorrow, more garden clean up and planting of annuals.  Thanks again.  :)

ssrl

« Reply #5336 on: May 25, 2023, 03:57:14 PM »

The fun bottle of sparkling wine my husband got for us!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5337 on: May 25, 2023, 04:14:46 PM »

LANI    I would definitely call that a good gardening day.  Very therapeutic. ;) :)   Boy, I don't know how Linda did it either.  :o

LISA   How interesting is that!  I suppose you do that wiping as you place them in the box individually?

BAZI  You are a very creative cook.  Did you eat that on the porch?

SSRL    LOL  I'm also intrigued by the labeling on bottles - You'll have to let us know how that one was.  ;) ;)

Off to see the younger sister of my "Broadway bound" great niece in a play at her school.  4th grade  ;) ;)

See you all tomorrow - Hopefully my last visit with spine surgeon ( 12 weeks already)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5338 on: May 25, 2023, 06:29:09 PM »

bounce
We got a coupon at the ball game the other day, so we are at Portillos. A piece of lemon cake will accompany us home.
 :o  8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #5339 on: May 25, 2023, 09:01:10 PM »

Tig, lemon cake. Yum!  :D

TSK, hope your visit with the spine doc goes well.  How was the play? Thespian pursuits run in your family! My lunch was just a mushroom and greens salad with shrimp on top.  ;)  I ate inside - we had blustery winds gusting 25-30mph all day (and still), and the clouds were starting to sputter while I was cooking. We're in for higher winds, and 4 or more inches of rain this weekend, thanks to another coastal low, similar to the one we had recently that dumped 5-10 inches of rain in my area.

SSRL, how did you like Snoop's Cali Gold sparkling wine from 19 Crimes? Festive!

Goodnight, Beakers. Peace. SED.