Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 478858 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10890 on: November 06, 2023, 07:23:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, great 365, cool to see all those birds landing gracefully in the water... I read somewhere that the Senate did vote on the time change and it's still in the House. Perfect card for Tim!

tsk, we are supposed to hit 70 today, hope you get it tomorrow!

Lani, sad to hear that OGK didn't return, I hope YRK finds a new mate...thanks for the Alby news, looks like they are keeping pace with the ship in the video! So sweet of Shannon to take care of Mike that way! I try to make sure by Friday morning that I will not need to go to any store on the weekend. Doesn't always work, but mostly. There are some very rude people in this world, and I think they only shop on the weekends! People are much nicer during the week!

E4E, I notices the same thing about Costco when I was there last week! It's starting to get more and more crowded with all the extra merchandise they put out for Christmas. One of the things I like about Sams, they open 2 hours before their regular 10:00 for Plus members. I stopped at Costco because I was in that area already and he was out of Hershey's syrup. Nope, they don't carry it. Mom has a cuckoo clock that she and Dad bought when we lived in Germany. It had quit working, but a few years back she found a place that repaired old clocks. He got it working again but the bird can only say Cuk!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #10891 on: November 06, 2023, 07:29:47 AM »

Happy Birthday Tim!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #10892 on: November 06, 2023, 07:33:05 AM »

Happy Anniversary Phyl and Jim!

kbshcb

« Reply #10893 on: November 06, 2023, 07:54:31 AM »

Yay!....it's 51 degrees out here, er um, in November in Minnesota..
Will take Ollie man out for a walk shortly sans coat!

Don't know if I've ever been to a Costco...too far away for me.
Had a Sam's club membership ages ago.
Guess I just always order on Amazon these days with Prime so free delivery...keeps me out of trouble too, as like Targets, you can't get out of there without spending a !00 bucks..see no evil is my motto.

I personally would love to see Standard Daylight time sit for the whole year....I hate it when the sun doesn't rise till almost 8am...now it's back to 7amish.

A gorgeous pic of a Raven....not sure I could tell the difference between it and a crow in the sky or even on the lawn unless very close by.

Happy Days Phyl and Jim and Tim!

Have my day tied up for Centerpoint doing my every other year furnace maintenance...window to arrive is 8-4 but get a 15 minute heads up so if I take my phone with me I'll be able to do most I want to.
My furnace is now over 25 years old, but has had a motor and capacitor replacement and I'm diligent about maintenance.

Got my flag put up on Saturday, so up for just over a week. For both election day and Veteran's Day..nice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:56:29 AM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #10894 on: November 06, 2023, 07:56:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Salon day, so popping in to say hello!

Happy Anniversary, Phyl & Jim!

kb & tig - Glad your team won.

baz - Oh, darn...I would have described where you needed to look!

Phyl - We probably should not be eating frosted chocolate donuts for breakfast, but every now and then ya have to splurge.

tsk - No worries, it took me a few minutes to see who had the clocks!  ;D

E4E
- I agree, weekday is good time to shop.

Morning  clynn, Lani, Puff, karen and all  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #10895 on: November 06, 2023, 07:58:12 AM »

Happy Birthday to tsk's Tim!!!!!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10896 on: November 06, 2023, 08:08:37 AM »

Happy Birthday Tim!

Eagles4evr1116

« Reply #10897 on: November 06, 2023, 08:15:10 AM »

Happy Anniversary Phyl & Jim!

Eagles4evr1116

« Reply #10898 on: November 06, 2023, 08:56:42 AM »

current 59 - high 69 - chance of showers

Bazi - Glad your knee is feeling better!

Lani - I know you always keep busy when Mike is away - have a good week - Friday will be here soon! ;D    Yes, we really love our two Grandfather clocks - especially one of them has a loud, deep, significant chime.

Phyl - Beautiful 365!  You & Jim have a Happy Anniversary!

Tsk - Wishing you & Tim a wonderful day for his birthday! :)

Clynn - Nice that Sam's opens 2 hours early for Plus members - wish our local Costco would do that!   Wonderful that your Mom still has the Cuckoo clock that she & your Dad purchased in Germany - very special!!!!

Kb - I am with you on keeping Standard Time in place for the year!   Smart to have your furnace maintained - gives you peace of mind too. :)   You & Ollie enjoy your walk!

LisaG - Have a nice Salon day!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #10899 on: November 06, 2023, 09:05:20 AM »

eagles4 - I forgot to mention how much I LOVE Grandfather clocks...or, anything that makes noise as it moves and esp. cuckoos. I still remember my grandmothers...and wish I could afford one. You are very lucky

BrokenLug

« Reply #10900 on: November 06, 2023, 09:37:02 AM »

I personally would love to see Standard Daylight time sit for the whole year....
I hate it when the sun doesn't rise till almost 8am...now it's back to 7amish.

Part of the problem with finally doing away with this clock changing shenanigans once & for all is ...

The Government wants to use Daylight Savings Time year round.

The Health and Sleep experts say if we're going to do "it" at all it really should be Standard Time year round.

And on top of that you then have all the personnel & geographic considerations.
What state do you live in (ie latitude), what side of a time zone are you in (ie east or west) and are you a morning person or an evening person
.. and on and on ... 

My 2 cents _ I personally would like to stay on Daylight Savings Time year round.
I like my late afternoon & early evening outdoor activities sunshine.

My sunset today is 4:46 pm instead of 5:46 pm, yuck I don't like that.
On the Winter Solstice (with Standard Time) it sets at 4:30.
On the Summer Solstice (if it was Standard Time) year round my sunset would be 7:30 pm instead of 8:30 pm.
Double yuck.  ;)   

Either way I think after a year or 2 all of our brain and body clocks would adjust to one or the other.
Certainly better than screwing with our brain and body clocks twice a year every year.   ::)

-Edit to add- I'm guessing Lani is chuckling at this thread.   ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 10:02:28 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #10901 on: November 06, 2023, 09:53:56 AM »

BTW kb it looks like the drought situation in your area has improved significantly.

Not so much for Eastern Iowa however.  :(

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Midwest 
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10902 on: November 06, 2023, 10:05:13 AM »

some bounce
I agree BL
Happy Bird Day Tim !!!
Happy Anniversary Phyl n Jim !!!
((( Beak )))
Home from pool, beakfast, out to the yardwerk...
Making homemade breakfast sammies for supper
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #10903 on: November 06, 2023, 10:13:35 AM »

BTW kb it looks like the drought situation in your area has improved significantly.

Not so much for Eastern Iowa however.  :(

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Midwest

Thankfully!...my grass is and has been long and green since Octoberish..now, my mower in back is on the fritz...figures ;) have a call into my small engine repair guy though..it'll get done.

We all want it to stay put I think one way or the other...if you are an early bird like me, you want it to stay standard I guess....if a night owl, the opposite.

Just get er done!...in my lifetime anyway.

oldguy

« Reply #10904 on: November 06, 2023, 10:40:45 AM »

Happy Birthday Tim

diabetic friendly  ;)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah