Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 478872 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3420 on: April 04, 2023, 09:47:35 AM »

Kb - That poor fella (the flattened snowman)! ;) ;D    Like your pics posted early this a.m.!   Cute surprise - thanks for the link  ;D

Hi BL  :)

Oldguy - "Pip on N1" - happy !! ;D

Lani - Glad that someone else will be doing the driving to Ohio! :)

Phyl - Thank you so much Phyl  :)   Cute morning gif.  Our high temp today is similar to yours; ours 57.  Thank you for ALL the wonderful Cam pics  :)

Morning Tsk!

Clynn - Amazing pic from the 1998 storm that BL posted - thanks for the pic! :o

Tig - Hope you continue to get better  :)

Lori - Great pics!! ;D

Karen - That is such wonderful news !! ;D

Morning LisaG, Puff, Baz, T40  :)

Everyone have a nice day  :)

karengramke

« Reply #3421 on: April 04, 2023, 09:52:12 AM »

Hope things go well! 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3422 on: April 04, 2023, 10:36:34 AM »

KB   LOLOL  Almost time to put the boat in the water   ;D ;D ;D     I never even saw that cute little monkey at first  ;D

CLYNN  Would love to go with to the nursery.  I'm really dangerous at nurseries  LOL   Wonderful find on those ice storm pics.  WOW
I love my porch room and am out there all the time in season.  I will get help getting it all cleaned up for this year tho.  I usually wash all the inside windows, furniture, my butterfly etagere, wipe the brick knee walls down and lastly vacuum.  I can do it an about 3 hours - Not this year tho  LOL    We've already introduced Lulu to her viewing table  ;D and she's chatted up a few birds on the suet already  LOL   World Bird Sanctuary - Hope the little guy can eventually be released or they could find a nest for it to be raised.

LORI  Good nest clips  :)

KAREN   YAY  You are here - WELCOME BACK  ;D  AND you are going home - WOW  Good progress.  Hope you will have some help at home to start with.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3423 on: April 04, 2023, 10:59:01 AM »

Good morning Beakers,
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Tsk, It was serious, especially for the pup! He looked very regal. ;D

Kb, LOL!! Love your morning pics!  awww, the goat and baby monkey  :-*

{{{Tig}}}

Phyl, thanks for updates pics :)

Lori, great pics and gif! Thank you, I hope you're feeling better.  :)

Clynn, Mike is flying to Ohio. While there he will rent a car as he always does, I'm glad he's not driving while there. KC will do the driving. Hocking Green Thumb Greenhouse sounds like a fantastic plant nursery! What fun for you and your mom. I hope the weather is perfect while you're there.  ;D.  LOL! The Ca-Ching Room  ;D ... awww sweet Eaglet  :-*

Welcome Karen!!! It's great to see you. Clynn's been a great friend and keeping us updated on your progress....  :-* Great news about you going home. I hope you'll have help when you return.  ;D

Eagles, Mike is flying to Ohio. He always rents a car wherever he goes, I'm glad KC, his plant manager will be with him. And he'll do the driving. Prayers for Star  :-*

Tsk, glad to read you're going to get help with your Ca-Ching room... Lulu will have new places to explore.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 11:01:57 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3424 on: April 04, 2023, 11:02:09 AM »

From the Lino Lakes Police Department:
Lino Lakes is straight north of our DNR Nest...maybe 15 miles north?

I recognize this woman from the Raptor Center. They often travel quite a distance to help recover injured eagles..The Raptor Center is also in St. Paul..Falcon Heights specifically.

LINO LAKES POLICE DEPT:
The Eagle has [crash] landed... While locked together in flight, two bald eagles spiraled to the ground in our city yesterday evening, crashing on an asphalt lot. Why they were locked together is open to debate and we won't get into that here. Despite the crash, one of the eagles was able to fly away (either victorious, or lonely, depending on which side of the debate you settle on). The other, unfortunately, sustained an apparent wing injury.
Thanks to quick help from the MN DNR, and their partnership with the University of Minnesota's Gabbert Raptor Center, the injured eagle was carefully captured by volunteers and taken for treatment.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3425 on: April 04, 2023, 11:11:43 AM »

bounce
Just saw the pip at HM/HD change-over. Looking good. Blustery day there...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3426 on: April 04, 2023, 12:10:34 PM »

LANI   The bunny ears reminds me of Lulu hiding under the bed with her tail sticking out  LOL

KB   Thanks for bringing the story on the Lino Lakes eagle.  Hope all will be OK
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3427 on: April 04, 2023, 12:11:40 PM »

By the Minnesota River and Cedar ave..Bloomington MN

Wahlborn MN
this one the whole top of the tree fell...don't want to post a pic of the pre-fall...lovely eagle pair and nest

2 other eagle nests fell down this last weekend with our storm.

Probably many others :(

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3428 on: April 04, 2023, 12:16:04 PM »

Good posts this am!  Fantastic to get on here to see a pip at the y!  M15 sure did a wonderful job withe the eaglets and now can go shopping for another bride!   I do miss Harriet and her footing.   Hope she is safe some where.   I am going home tomorrow or the next day!  Our temps are high for thistime of year and tornadoes have been sneaking past!
Unfortunately the i pad will  not stay connected to the wifi here.   Do not know when this will post. But things will get better in a few days!   Cheers!

YAY!!! KAREN IS BACK IN THE BEAK!!!  :D

It's great to hear from you, ((Karen!!)) I'm sooo excited for you to be getting back home soon, too!!!  YAYAY!!!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3429 on: April 04, 2023, 12:37:17 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!!  :)

Pip. Pip. HOORAY! for the the 1st pip in N1 since the last hatch there 11 years ago!!!  :-*   Congrats for the egglet, the future DH1, and to HD and HM!!!  :) :-* :-* :-*

Lots of severe weather in the forecasts again for today, tonight, and tomorrow, for parts of the south and the midwest - including upper and lower areas of the midwest - many of the same places that were hit so hard a few days ago by severe storms.

Please, everyone in the areas of those forecasts, stay alert, and do what you should to stay aware of sudden weather changes, and to stay safe.  Prayers for All affected by the severe storms.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 12:43:00 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3430 on: April 04, 2023, 02:26:23 PM »

KB     I remember when N2 fell.  Timing was good on that tho.

They warned people to get out early and vote today cuz of big rain this afternoon which came through the last 15 min of Bible study.  "Small meatball" size hail littering the grass.  Will check my car tomorrow for dings.  ::)   Quiet now but more rain on the way.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3431 on: April 04, 2023, 02:32:40 PM »

tsk - Hope you didn't get any damage on your car.  I loved your Ca-Ching room!  Glad you are going to get some help sprucing it up.

baz - Waving to ya!  Thanks for the weather update.

kb - Wow, that was some balancing act for that nest.  Hope the eagle's wing will heal properly.

tig - Agree blustery day in Decorah!

Lani - Cute morning greeting!

E4E - How is Star?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3432 on: April 04, 2023, 03:57:51 PM »

Good posts this am!  Fantastic to get on here to see a pip at the y!  M15 sure did a wonderful job withe the eaglets and now can go shopping for another bride!   I do miss Harriet and her footing.   Hope she is safe some where.   I am going home tomorrow or the next day!  Our temps are high for thistime of year and tornadoes have been sneaking past!
Unfortunately the i pad will  not stay connected to the wifi here.   Do not know when this will post. But things will get better in a few days!   Cheers!

Hi Karen nice to have you back in Beakroom!  So happy for you... to  be going back to your home.  Clynn's been wonderful about keeping us update with your recovery and all.
So glad she's been there for you---to all who know her.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3433 on: April 04, 2023, 04:21:23 PM »

{{{Tig}}}

Tsk pretty glittery violets; still nice weather for you; Lulu,  chatting up the birds LOL . Heard about Chicago voting on new mayor today---summer months and hail dings---can save $$$---sometimes; Good idea getting help cleaning you  screened in room.

Kb pretty cardinal this AM;  Tweet w/ kid and passenger too cute.  so sad about all the eagle nests falling;  for sharing Lino Lks. Police Dept post , the woman holding the BE looks reminds me of some one

Clynn LOL nickname for 3 Season Room---Ca-Ching Room ; tks for Norwich Peregrines update, Poppy's very pretty;  Relieved to hear this Bald Eaglet 23-126  survived the nest disaster :-*  praying for speedy recovery .

{{{Lori}}} nice to see you; prayers you continue to feel better. Luv the closeups on pip!  Take care

Lisa nice bunny/basket of flowers & pip pic; Jim working on his headlight/tomorrow the WT sink mats. Extra days off are bad for our pocketbook.

Hi Eagles really enjoy you AM greeting; T/T Dan the other day...he's  been dealing with 'Cabin Fever' from the 'snow bomb'. No mention of anything else. So guess it's all 'okay' for present.

Lani bunny ears  ;D; glad to hear Mike's flying and not driving

Hi Bazi waving back

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3434 on: April 04, 2023, 04:25:24 PM »

I worked with her Phyl....have you seen her somewhere else?..or just remind you of someone.