Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 664633 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26340 on: February 18, 2023, 01:51:58 PM »

Windmill, AZ ...  26: +    67°  (11:29 am)     Sunny, no wind.  should reach low 70s, so they say.

Hello everyone.  I hope that all is going better then you'd expected today.

Hi Cal,        Glad to see Elvis and Maybelline back.  Now maybe they'll bring a couple of donkeys or mules back. 
  My phone stays in my purse most of the time too.  I still have landlines in the house, but carry the cell phone for emergencies or whatever, when I'm out.  I only asked about yours, in case you got hurt in a fall and needed help.

Hi Joho.    How is your day going?

My granddaughter should be in her new place by next weekend.  I have given her a Shark vacuum cleaner for the event.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26341 on: February 18, 2023, 05:31:47 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26342 on: February 18, 2023, 05:39:33 PM »

hi neva! i know i should take my cell to the barn stupid not too been hurt in there but been able to get back in the house but i know. not use to carry it always in my purse that sits over there nice gift for your grand! we got our landline hardly use it but need it for internet and use that all the time and business expense. i hope donkey and mule come back soon. i dont read the comments anymore just watch cam need info i got the best you.  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #26343 on: February 18, 2023, 06:44:25 PM »

Hi EV1.  Finally got to do puzzle.  5:23
  Been busy all day doing nothing.  Watched a lot of Tom Cruise type movies.  Few good Men and a racing type movie.  Then Grandson Brian came over for a little while and took away a giant dog cage. I never used.  He wants to get a dog.  I warned him to barricade off some of the bottom so his dog will not poop in one corner, and sleep in the other.  I have heard this is a thing.
Was a nice day I guess.  I was only out long enough to get my mail and paper.  Met a neighbor named Gary who was walking his 7 month old poodle named Rusty.  He is a beautiful pup who can lay down and sit and give a paw.  Very smart and friendly.  Not real good at heel yet, because he has to smell every few feet.
I read some of the paper, but saved most of it for the morning.
I will go watch jeopardy.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26344 on: February 19, 2023, 05:37:33 AM »

hi you guys its 36 here 37 in iceland 40 rain snow in kviv and 51 in the barn 4 raccoonies cookie cookie cookie cookie birds cookie sweets cookie indy cookie mice cookies lots of cookies. i saw on cnn talking about putin stealing ukrains children turning them into russians and said war crimes well no kidding but like all the others nothing will be done certainly not by nato or anyone really read we are running low on weapons for ukraine others too and saw on news china sending putin his weapons to keep harming all people so much for china standards and they are just liars like putin. until china and russia feel the wrath of what they have put out for a year this war be a long one. how pitifully sad world let this go on.

hi joho i am happy to see you! i hate cages for dogs any animal really and if you got to put one in a cage it has to poop should be able to poop and not sleep in it. hope your grand is old enough to be responsible to care for a dog. big job there. poodles are very smart but really most dogs are. did you watch tom cruise days of thunder that was a good movie. i watched that with my dad who loved nascar always even when it was not cool. all the ice melted on my sidewalk so happy about that. indy went out yesterday and later the winds here really got bad he does not like the wind jim went out and the boy was ready to come back in.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F3055D5C26F8?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26345 on: February 19, 2023, 05:40:17 AM »

donkey cam elvis and mab in the barn on one side and this time brown bay horse on the other indy is a bay
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26346 on: February 19, 2023, 09:20:34 AM »

Good morning.  5:54 What a colorful little church.  Odd construction with chimney in the center.  Maybe that is steeple not chimney.  I wonder what country it is in.
  43 here going up a little more.  Will go see Debbie in a few minutes.  Her back very sore where the kennel dog she was walking on Friday ran her over and down onto a concrete walk.  Then will go get Nick and take him to the pond for a while, and to lunch at the Hungry Bear..  It is a little cold, but he likes to fish.  So we will try it for a while.  Of course put them all back if any. Need to get started so  will say CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #26347 on: February 20, 2023, 05:24:28 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here 37 in iceland 37 rain snow in kviv and 51 in the barn. i heard earlier on the world news biden going to poland for year long war with russia but just saw on my local news said biden in ukraine. so i hope he is in ukraine. also china helping russia no big surprise there but spells trouble.

hi joho that little church in yesterday puzzle ..Treimani Church is a church in Estonia. Treimani Church is situated nearby to Treimani postipunkt and Treimani kalmistu.  i am sure your grand had a good time with you yesterday. making good memories for both of you. you are a good grandpa good person period. hope debbie is feeling better today.

hi neva i noticed yesterday looked like a new horse at donkey barn its a big one too. elvis and mab on other side in the barn. gate in between. keep hoping to see that donkey mule shet and chester the horse again. so cool all four got along so well.  i let indy out yesterday the corral gate was open i had to put his halter on and just open the barn door he is very careful to not step in the muddy part of his corral stays to the side on fence then goes out and rolls. jim would not be home till 3 i do not think i can put the lead rope on him and get him back in with my cane or walker. penny was moaning at 2 she needed to go out and pee and indy needs to come back in for that. dogs would scare him so i went out and walked thru muddy coral with my cane to the gate to his corral maybe of course with me indy saw her and threw his head i called him and he was coming i thought omg here he comes and he came right in the corral i shut the gate was putting the tie on it indy was at the barn door hurry up i had to get back up the door opened it and he flew right in.  :) jim was late came in the barn i had let the dogs out fed them out in barn brushing out indy doing treats he said did you let him out yep he came back in too.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0E055D59E845?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #26348 on: February 20, 2023, 06:58:02 AM »

U.S. President Joe Biden made a surprise visit to Kyiv, meeting with Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelenskyy and reiterating his administration’s support for Ukraine as Russia’s full-scale war on the country nears its one-year anniversary.

Biden announced new weapons deliveries and upcoming sanctions against Russia before departing after roughly five hours and traveling to Poland.

Meanwhile, an air raid warning was activated for all of Ukraine. Heavy fighting continues in Bakhmut and other parts of Ukraine’s south and east, as EU leaders work on ways to improve the efficiency of procuring weapons for the country

johoward

« Reply #26349 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:50 AM »

5:59 Lucky little girl has a great gram-pa.
We had a fine outing.  Nick went home very happy and sleepy.  Lots of fresh air and a good lunch.  He is a good boy, and fun to be with. He wants to keep enjoying the outdoors.  I am glad of that.  Being outdoors has kept many young boys from getting in trouble in their early teen years.  I am one.  I was in the woods and fields from 12 until I got married at 21. I had no one to encourage me, but I lived close to the fields, and that was enough.
 I remember starting to walk to school after missing the bus.  I went about two miles towards the school and noticed a large hay pile far from the road and near a woods edge that I had never explored. The hay pile was swathed in morning sun.  When I got to it I just laid down and went to sleep.  It was warm and soft and very nice.  When I woke, instead of heading back to the road, I went into the Spring warmed woods.  I found a hawks nest when she screeched and flew close overhead.  I walked around in these woods for a while and noticed a few crows carrying on to the West across the road near a small swamp. 
Now I headed for the swamp to see what the crows were upset about. When I got to the swamp I saw a muskrat swimming across the shallow water.  I started chasing him across the swamp in my school shoes.  I never said I was smart.  He got away easily of course.  In the center of the swamp I found a nest of baby crows.  I decided wrongly to take them home and raise them as pets. I knew some people who had crow pets, and thought I could too.  I was wrong.
 Needless to say I never made it to school that day.  I was muddy and soaked and went straight home.  I guess I was a bad boy truant that day, but no one knew what I did but me.  I would not trade those memories for any perfect attendance star. It was a wonderful spring day.
 A little later I saw a notice that a falconer was looking for baby hawks to train as falcons.  I called him and we went to the woods where I saw the hawk that morning.  The man had spikes and climbed up to the nest.  It was empty.  The hawks had fledged.  He gave me a $10 finders fee anyway.  I was 13 so that was a lot of money to me. 
I never told anybody of this adventure.  So you are the first to know.  Playing hooky paid off in several ways for  me. LOL
CUL EV1 Happy Monday GBU and GB Ukraine where our brave President Joe Biden was yesterday.

neva

« Reply #26351 on: February 20, 2023, 05:13:40 PM »

Fishing ... 42:30     70°  (3:33 pm)     Sunny w/ some cloudiness and no wind at the moment.

Yes, Cal, I noticed that extra horse with the other two.  I wonder if they are still in Quarantine or what?   But if the were, then they couldn't bring the Elvis and Maybelline back, could they?  I hope the goats come back.

The friendly little donkeys that you posted were cute.  Carlene has said on several occasions what good guardians donkeys make if you put them to watch a flock of sheep.  They will kill coyotes of wolves, with their teeth, and shaking them,  Hard to imagine,  That is one big reason she keeps a fence between the dogs and these farm animals.  I know of a Border Collie up in Wyoming that was stomped by the cows that he was herding and protecting - poor thing.

Shades of Huckleberry Finn, Joho!  😄   You were an adventurous lad, weren't you?  It sounds like Nick is going to have some great memories to look back on, too.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26352 on: February 20, 2023, 06:18:02 PM »

hi neva indy is small well not to me he is 13.1 hands when jim is bringing him in indy looks small next to him to me he is just right. seeing those donkeys at happy ass farm like looking at indy he is just so cute so beautiful lots of people around here have little donkeys gina at harps has a donkey jack  they say around here donkeys kick coyotee break bones which hurts me to know that so i also heard coyotees run like crazy away from them. that i like. and lots of people have one horse and a little donkey keep each other company tim has one horse now a little donkey. my old farrier he had a goat like sweets big ramming horns he ran off coyotee watch goat where did the goats go same place as chester shet mule donkey i did not know elvis and mab ever left nice to see them in the barn. i got weather channel on not seen yours yet sure dont look like winter in lots of places some places it does so funny yes joho was huck finn!  :)

calhound

« Reply #26353 on: February 21, 2023, 05:24:42 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here 37 in iceland also 37 in kviv and 51 in the barn. watching the world news earlier showing biden and his trip to kviv which was brave of him but i want my president to be brave and show support to ukraine in a time that they really need it. helped those people morale and maybe our president saw first hand how bad it is for them. they want their freedom fighting for it. also saw how many top people think putin will only quit when he realized he cant win and they also said will probably be never. russian people still on putins side but i think they are changing that moms sick of losing their sons to putin. but they also said  putin getting stuff from china and north korea iran shows putin is weakening. i hope i hope. donkey cam elvis and mab on one side new horse on the other.  got to pick up groceries in little bit lots of cookies for one.

hi joho on the weather channel it was talking about winter storm heading across and to great lakes. be careful.

hi neva i saw your city said 67
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D2055D4B989A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26354 on: February 21, 2023, 07:09:48 AM »

6:42 OK for sticky mouse and watery eyes. 
Good morning.  No coffee or pills yet. Need to check sugar and get going. Most cams still sleepy now.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine