Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 147533 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Beak Room 2024
« on: January 01, 2024, 12:00:13 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tTA7SINX8

(Decorah Mom, I took this photo in the summer of 2012)

Decorah North

And so we begin Chapter 13 of the Beak Room

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 12:16:14 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 12:00:47 AM »

Embrace the Magic of Fresh Beginnings ...Cheers to 2024 !
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 12:29:28 AM »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 12:51:25 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

BrokenLug

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 12:45:17 AM »

My Uncle George was a USFS Ranger from the 30's to the 60's based out of Redding CA.

He hiked up daily on his days on the job to 'his' fire tower for 30 + years for his 9 to 5 with his USFS Issued Head Shed on.

He was physically assaulted by the weather during the fire season months on his foot hike up to and down from the fire tower. Hit by lightning 5 times on that exposed ridge line just as an example of the harsh weather.
A thunderstorm wind blew him off his feet off the trail and broke his arm on the way down.
Walked back up the next morning. Gumption.

Some of the most eloquently described to me ever with no bull shit relevant truly dangerous wildlife encounters were described to me by him and has saved my bacon countless times !   

He was 99 when the forest left him eating fat back bacon and looking at the best Pine Tree you ever saw sipping a whiskey.

The best Scholar of the Wild I've ever met bar none.

I miss his counsel here tonight. He was one of the hands that hewed the wood above us.

I have his USFS helmet lightning scorched, dented, battered yet glove leather soft to ones forehead well maintained helmet.

It is my most treasured possession.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 09:25:44 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 06:06:52 AM »

Good Morning to 2024 and ...  

Currently 33F     High  29F partly sunny,  Low 36F 

Lisa and Clynn    Thank You !

Lani  Yes, indeed.  A brand 'new chapter' opens in The Beakroom...as the new nesting season begins to hatch with it's joys and heartaches for the birds and their admirers.

BL enjoyed your recent about  your uncle in  USFS and all, quite a guy. Tks

Lori tks for the new year greeting, very nice, hope all is well with you and yours

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian,  Chet and Sharon, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Baby 2024

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 06:12:07 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 06:18:27 AM »

The History of New Year’s Resolutions
The custom of making New Year’s resolutions has been around for thousands of years, but it hasn’t always looked the way it does today.

https://www.history.com/news/the-history-of-new-years-resolutions?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-onequestion-2023-1229-12292023&om_rid=

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 07:20:48 AM »

Happy New Year’s Day!   Good posts all!  Foggy morning here with afternoon temps in the 60s!
M brooding his baby after feeding  him some fish!
Loved the football yesterday and am now waiting for the two big games today!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2024, 07:32:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good article on New Year's resolutions, I always make some and as most, they fall to the wayside! Great 365, the ravens look so sweet, not something one usually associates with ravens! But they have babies too! And they are sweet looking!

BL, your Uncle George sounds like a wonderful and wise person who inspired you to live the life you are living. Adventure and an enormous thirst to be one with the wild... Hats off to Uncle George and his shed of antlers! Thanks for the Neil Young!  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=Neil+Young+Harvest+&&mid=AAA136BBDE9D86D16F30AAA136BBDE9D86D16F30&&FORM=VRDGAR

Lori, hoping this new year is a good one for you and Destini! I's sorry she already made New Years Eve plans without you!  ;D ;D (Destini would never do that...)

Lani, thank you for the remembrance pictures of Mom, and here we are at Chapter 13! Who would have thought people who never met each other could become forever friends. We have been through a lot and have a lot more joy and some sorrow to share in the coming years... And you have 6 more days with Aly and Dewey! Glad Shannon was able to be there for the Ball Drop!

karen, you did good yesterday with your walking and doing chores! Thanks for the update on the SWFL little one...

My resolutions:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 07:40:09 AM »

GOOD NEW YEAR MORNING EVERYONE

EAGLES  A nice relaxing NYE for you both.  :)   Do you have professional haircut training?

TIG  Packers probably were lucky enough to play their best game ever this season.

BL  Rutt ;D ;D ;D      Like your saying about 1 safe step to the next!  What an amazing Uncle you had.  One tough dude.   Lots of life lessons you have obviously incorporated into your own.

KAREN   You had a very active day.  Pretty quiet around here last night.  I heard two fireworks go off around 1:15 - Tim didn't hear anything.   Think Alabama will take it tonight?

LANI    You stayed up to post.   ;D   Chapter 13 - a long time but has gone by so fast.

LORI and PHYL also staying up late.

PHYL   Bonding ravens  :)

CLYNN   Good words to remember for the new year.

Got Barb and Tom to the airport in the dark - that place is always crowded.  :o

Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2024, 08:05:50 AM »

Tsk, safe travels to Barb and Tom!
13 years has  gone by in a flash!   The Packers, Bearsand tge .saints all played good gamesyesterday!  No, I do not think Alabama can beat Michigan!  I would like to see it but this has not been there best season and tgey are lucky to be here!  Also think Washington will lose to Texas!   I would like to sre an Alabama, Washington Championship game but,,,, by tge end of tge day we shakk see! Mas a friend of mine says, we will have to see who comes out to play!

LisaG1967

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2024, 08:17:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy New Year!

Phyl - Thanks for history of New Year’s Resolutions, and the 365.

BL - You have some great memories, and possession of your uncle.

Lori - Happy New Year...good to see you!

Lani - Another year of the Beak  :-*  Love the pics of Mom, HM & HD, and the North's! Jeff would not trust me either to trim his hair...LOL  It has to be his girl that does it.

E4E - Sounds like you all had a good day yesterday.  We didn't leave the house either.  We took the Christmas decor down inside and out.  The kitties were happy.  Everything is back to normal. 

karen - Yum, chili and boiled shrimp!  Awww, so glad to hear that M is on the baby. 

clynn - Love your resolutions.  How are the kitties?

tsk - I was getting ready to ask...where are you?  I had forgot you were bringing Barb & Tom to airport this morning. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 08:40:37 AM by LisaG1967 »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2024, 09:30:55 AM »

Happy New Year to the Beak Room!!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2024, 09:37:21 AM »

For the hoomans...These almond cupcakes are soft, moist and extra fluffy. Each cupcake is filled with luscious vanilla pastry cream and smothered with a creamy custard-based frosting. Both the cupcake and frosting have a wonderful almond flavor and the toasted almonds adds the perfect amount of crunch in each bite.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 10:28:37 AM »

good morning Beakers..

2024 in Chinese Tradition is the year of the Dragon..... symbolizes power, nobleness, honor, luck, and success

The Komodo dragon is a large lizard!...

Well our vikings demonstrated none of this last evening....I chose to fall asleep before the end of the first quarter and heard the final score this morning....I have no idea which QB they will chose to play next week. I think we've run out using up 4 so far, LOL...

Too bad there isn't such a thing as the Year of the Moose!...couldn't have hurt.